BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 138 of 214 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does everyone think about the call-back Under Armour Academy? Is it a money grab or worth it? Does it interfere with fall sport playoffs?

Total money grab. Save your money!

How do you even know that.. The event has never been held before, it's invitation only and there isn't a price attached to the event yet.....maybe its free??
will it interfere with Fall sports.. Who knows.. it is a Friday and Saturday 11/8 & 11/9

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think about the call-back Under Armour Academy? Is it a money grab or worth it? Does it interfere with fall sport playoffs?

Total money grab. Save your money!

How do you even know that.. The event has never been held before, it's invitation only and there isn't a price attached to the event yet.....maybe its free??
will it interfere with Fall sports.. Who knows.. it is a Friday and Saturday 11/8 & 11/9

Not sure if it’s a total money grab but it is scheduled for the same weekend as the Mid Atlantic Showcase. Most teams/players will be at the tournament so AU might want to reschedule. The Call-Back games do not have the clout to pull players from their regular teams like the regular UA games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to be honest. I am disgruntled after last night's award dinner.
Its the same thing every year. The same coaches patting each other on the back and giving each others kids the top awards.
Riverhead, Coach of the year ! Really, Talk about doing less with more. Two all americans ,and Division 1 recruits at every position including Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State etc. etc etc . 4th place finish and 1 playoff win,, Woopie!

Mt Sinai reign is over yet the coach is still chairman of the AA committee They had a a few too, no surprise there.

First off Riverhead and Sinai have zero actual AA, that honorable mention stuff is essentially just a made up award , not recognized by US lacrosse . Second I have no problem with B. chairing the AA committee as he knows the players as well as anyone. Third the failure of Riverhead as a team has little to do with the coach , its the parents and their attitudes that trickle down to the kids so the chemistry is horrendous, that and honestly the players are listening to the parents more the coach.

Long Island names players US Lacrosse All American Honorable Mention?? That's funny. Hint - it's a made up award when the All Americans are listed on the US Lacrosse website and there's nothing to be found about Honorable Mentions.

There are 8 US Lacrosse AA's. The other 20+ kids received a made up coaches award not recognized by US Lacrosse. Those kids are considered the best All County players in Suffolk. Coaches should have used a different name for the award - something like 1st and 2nd Team Suffolk County. Do not use the term AA at all because it is very misleading. Why is an additional award needed at all. You are All County or you are AA - enough with the "everyone gets a medal" mentality.

I agree, call it something else. Now there are players claiming to be US Lacrosse AA when they are not.

Honorable Mention All American is a legit recognition/award. Not All players nominated receive it and the board has to vote for the players. Additionally, you have to have earned All County the year prior - an award typically for the next best players although some schools who are good certainly get more but that's just the nature of the beast.

So for anyone to say HM All American is not real has no clue what they are talking about. IDK who got it for the girls in Suffolk but only 6 boys in Nassau earned this award and look at that list - the 9 boys lacrosse Nassau County All Americans plus the 6 honorable mention all American players are all legit players who are D1 prospects and have the stars to back it up. The sheer fact that only 15 players received those awards prove how difficult it is to get. I know the 8 Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse All Americans are ALL phenomenal players. You must be a parent of someone who did not receive it....and with that said, of course there are players you can lobby for that you think deserved it but that's just like every other sport (i.e. Klay Thompson not getting 3rd Team All NBA....should he have gotten it, maybe but everyone in front of him were all legit)

US lacrosse doesn't host the players on their site but they give you the official certificate just like the All Americans get.

With other media publications, it will be nice to see who gets what and how close they are . The BOTC All Long island tesms (1st -3rd team) also had 7/8 Suffolk County All Americans listed & I know 3 Nassau County All Americans on their list as I did not see all of the girls in Nassau who got it. So them & USA Today had a handful of the Suffolk AA's as the top 25 players in the Country. Seems legit to me unles you think they are all in cahoots with each other..

Wrong assumption, my daughter is a us lacrosse all american. Twice actually, and her name is listed on website for both years. I'm not suggesting the players don't legitimately deserve to be honored and recognized, but call it something else. I have never heard of another area naming AA HM. There is nothing on the US Lacrosse website about it. Correct me if I'm wrong by posting a link that shows it is a real US Lacrosse award, or that other regions do this. Or is this something secret and special US Lacrosse does only for Long Island with an "official" certificate? Does Baltimore award AA HM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the same thing every year. The same coaches patting each other on the back and giving each others kids the top awards.
Riverhead, Coach of the year ! Really, Talk about doing less with more. Two all americans ,and Division 1 recruits at every position including Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State etc. etc etc . 4th place finish and 1 playoff win,, Woopie!

Mt Sinai reign is over yet the coach is still chairman of the AA committee They had a a few too, no surprise there.

First off Riverhead and Sinai have zero actual AA, that honorable mention stuff is essentially just a made up award , not recognized by US lacrosse . Second I have no problem with B. chairing the AA committee as he knows the players as well as anyone. Third the failure of Riverhead as a team has little to do with the coach , its the parents and their attitudes that trickle down to the kids so the chemistry is horrendous, that and honestly the players are listening to the parents more the coach.

Long Island names players US Lacrosse All American Honorable Mention?? That's funny. Hint - it's a made up award when the All Americans are listed on the US Lacrosse website and there's nothing to be found about Honorable Mentions.

There are 8 US Lacrosse AA's. The other 20+ kids received a made up coaches award not recognized by US Lacrosse. Those kids are considered the best All County players in Suffolk. Coaches should have used a different name for the award - something like 1st and 2nd Team Suffolk County. Do not use the term AA at all because it is very misleading. Why is an additional award needed at all. You are All County or you are AA - enough with the "everyone gets a medal" mentality.

I agree, call it something else. Now there are players claiming to be US Lacrosse AA when they are not.

Honorable Mention All American is a legit recognition/award. Not All players nominated receive it and the board has to vote for the players. Additionally, you have to have earned All County the year prior - an award typically for the next best players although some schools who are good certainly get more but that's just the nature of the beast.

So for anyone to say HM All American is not real has no clue what they are talking about. IDK who got it for the girls in Suffolk but only 6 boys in Nassau earned this award and look at that list - the 9 boys lacrosse Nassau County All Americans plus the 6 honorable mention all American players are all legit players who are D1 prospects and have the stars to back it up. The sheer fact that only 15 players received those awards prove how difficult it is to get. I know the 8 Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse All Americans are ALL phenomenal players. You must be a parent of someone who did not receive it....and with that said, of course there are players you can lobby for that you think deserved it but that's just like every other sport (i.e. Klay Thompson not getting 3rd Team All NBA....should he have gotten it, maybe but everyone in front of him were all legit)

US lacrosse doesn't host the players on their site but they give you the official certificate just like the All Americans get.

With other media publications, it will be nice to see who gets what and how close they are . The BOTC All Long island tesms (1st -3rd team) also had 7/8 Suffolk County All Americans listed & I know 3 Nassau County All Americans on their list as I did not see all of the girls in Nassau who got it. So them & USA Today had a handful of the Suffolk AA's as the top 25 players in the Country. Seems legit to me unles you think they are all in cahoots with each other..

You are clueless . US lacrosse does not recognize HR and does not send a certificate . Section xi handed them out like they were candy , it’s a joke .Read US Lacrosse awards , it’s a made up award . I hope all the players put it on their UA bio so they can be told to stop doing it as it’s a lie .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HM is the same as if BOTC decided to hand out AA awards . Sure it’s fun to be named but it means nothing , in section xi girls there are only 8 US Lacrosse AA and that’s it . Honestly it’s the most prestigious award of them all in my opinion as it’s selected by coaches that actually know you . UA senior game selection seems like a lot of politics but still a great honor , just not sure how the selection committee could possibly know each kid . What they should do is make a special award for those kids who they feel were at the top of the all division players and call it honorable mention all county , oh wait they already made up that nonsense .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HM is the same as if BOTC decided to hand out AA awards . Sure it’s fun to be named but it means nothing , in section xi girls there are only 8 US Lacrosse AA and that’s it . Honestly it’s the most prestigious award of them all in my opinion as it’s selected by coaches that actually know you . UA senior game selection seems like a lot of politics but still a great honor , just not sure how the selection committee could possibly know each kid . What they should do is make a special award for those kids who they feel were at the top of the all division players and call it honorable mention all county , oh wait they already made up that nonsense .

Relax mom HS AA don’t mean very much. The vast majority will disappear in college. Talk to me when your daughter is a D1 AA otherwise please pipe down. It’s nice to receive awards but many of them have political strings tied to them, from your posts your daughter seems to be one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax mom HS AA don’t mean very much. The vast majority will disappear in college. Talk to me when your daughter is a D1 AA otherwise please pipe down. It’s nice to receive awards but many of them have political strings tied to them, from your posts your daughter seems to be one of them.

Why so angry?

Congratulations to all who receive accolades. You are correct when you say many of the US Lacrosse All-Americans will disappear in college (there are like 500 of them). However, the majority of players who are named US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island (Nassau, Suffolk, Private) do not disappear in college.

All-League/Division, All-County are to some extent divided up by team so unfortunately some very strong players on very strong / deep teams may not receive the award even though they may in fact be stronger than may players who do receive the award.

Honorable Mention AA was created because US Lacrosse only gives a limited number of All-Amercan spots to long Island. There are many players on Long Island who are stronger than many players from other parts of the country (who are named US Lacrosse All-Americans). The coaches created the HM AA to recognize additional players.

On Long Island, US Lacrosse AA is a nice honor but it is very political. Most years the vast majority of players who receive the award are very deserving but there are always a few players who are just as deserving if not more deserving but do not have the political connections (coaches, club etc...) to be named AA.

Under Armour has proven to be the bench mark and many of the players from Long Island who are named US Lacrosse All-Americans have also been named Under Armour Senior All-Americans. US Lacrosse names hundreds of AA's while Under Armour selects just 44 players.

All of the accolades are nice but if you really want to know where your daughter stands just look at what colleges made offers (not what schools you reached out to and harassed, not what schools you talked to or went to their camp, not the schools that sent a letter etc...) The schools that reached out and said we want you to come to XYZ University and here is what we are willing to do. The Schools that actually made real offers. If Top 10 programs were making offers the player is legit. It all shakes out.

Congratulations again to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so angry?

Congratulations to all who receive accolades. You are correct when you say many of the US Lacrosse All-Americans will disappear in college (there are like 500 of them). However, the majority of players who are named US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island (Nassau, Suffolk, Private) do not disappear in college.

All-League/Division, All-County are to some extent divided up by team so unfortunately some very strong players on very strong / deep teams may not receive the award even though they may in fact be stronger than may players who do receive the award.

Honorable Mention AA was created because US Lacrosse only gives a limited number of All-Amercan spots to long Island. There are many players on Long Island who are stronger than many players from other parts of the country (who are named US Lacrosse All-Americans). The coaches created the HM AA to recognize additional players.

On Long Island, US Lacrosse AA is a nice honor but it is very political. Most years the vast majority of players who receive the award are very deserving but there are always a few players who are just as deserving if not more deserving but do not have the political connections (coaches, club etc...) to be named AA.

Under Armour has proven to be the bench mark and many of the players from Long Island who are named US Lacrosse All-Americans have also been named Under Armour Senior All-Americans. US Lacrosse names hundreds of AA's while Under Armour selects just 44 players.

All of the accolades are nice but if you really want to know where your daughter stands just look at what colleges made offers (not what schools you reached out to and harassed, not what schools you talked to or went to their camp, not the schools that sent a letter etc...) The schools that reached out and said we want you to come to XYZ University and here is what we are willing to do. The Schools that actually made real offers. If Top 10 programs were making offers the player is legit. It all shakes out.

Not angry just being realistic. Be happy that your daughter had a good HS career. I’ve been through this before and have a 2x all American HS player who is now in college where you get to see if your kid can actually play lacrosse. It’s a nice accolade but really that’s it. Most of the other AAs named along side barely play in college. There are also a few who excel. The majority of AAs are interchangeable with the All Country winners. Probably 2/8 are the real deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so angry?

Not angry just being realistic. Be happy that your daughter had a good HS career. I’ve been through this before and have a 2x all American HS player who is now in college where you get to see if your kid can actually play lacrosse. It’s a nice accolade but really that’s it. Most of the other AAs named along side barely play in college. There are also a few who excel. The majority of AAs are interchangeable with the All Country winners. Probably 2/8 are the real deal.

Two out of eight might be a bit low and I do not agree with your statement "The majority of AAs are interchangeable with the All Country winners." The reality is that each grad year there are 10 - 12 legit high end players on Long Island (that number might be down this year). These are the players that go on to contribute and play major roles for the top college programs. We are all very fortunate that our daughters can participate in a sport that they love and use that sport to help them get into a good college and maybe even help pay some of the tuition. The fact that so many players from Long Island go on to play Division I Lacrosse has given many of us a somewhat false or inflated opinion of what type of athlete our kids are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked it up and of the 60 or so D1 AA , 5 were not US lacrosse AA in high school so it seems like a better predictor than you are letting on

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off Riverhead and Sinai have zero actual AA, that honorable mention stuff is essentially just a made up award , not recognized by US lacrosse . Second I have no problem with Bertolone chairing the AA committee as he knows the players as well as anyone. Third the failure of Riverhead as a team has little to do with the coach , its the parents and their attitudes that trickle down to the kids so the chemistry is horrendous, that and honestly the players are listening to the parents more the coach.

If there are players listing themselves as US lacrosse honorable mention AA then they are lying and it could create problems , its the same as lying on a resume. I would think that US lacrosse may end up having something to say about it.

How awful is your life if you truly believe some 18 year old kid who was designated something is lying. And what “problem “ will they have? How about none. Get over yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am over all completely embarrassed by what this sport has become. Its a perversion of what it should be in every way. I have 3 kids in travel, and I can say outside of college, I have seen it all. Parents fighting on the sideline in boys games, parents rooting for others to fail in girls games, coaches choosing to give playing time preference to kids they train "privately", Its as bad as it gets and its all now a regular thing. I'm disgusted with myself and most of the people that I have met along the way, in that at the end of it all, every relationship has been based on how much money we pay, and how good is your kid.

We created this. We gave a tremendous amount of power to youth coaches and club team owners - who are held to very little standards and ethical considerations, who operate in the shadows and without real scrutiny. This youth lacrosse platform is in no way positive - it is a money grab at every turn, and we as parents have enabled it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How awful is your life if you truly believe some 18 year old kid who was designated something is lying. And what “problem “ will they have? How about none. Get over yourself."

You must be a little slow. US Lacrosse does not hand out Honorable mention awards , it is a made up award from section 8 and section xi. For those layers to say they are US lacrosse AA is a lie and it diminishes the award to those current and past players who received the actual award. US lacrosse will not want any other group telling players they received US lacrosse AA honors when they have no say in how many and how they are awarded . What problem will they have, I have no idea but with the college admissions scandals going on now putting fictitious info on your bio or application might create some issues .My life is fine , my daughter was an actual 2x US lacrosse AA and is proud of it , almost as proud as she is of graduation from an IVY .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked it up and of the 60 or so D1 AA , 5 were not US lacrosse AA in high school so it seems like a better predictor than you are letting on

I am not sure which post you are referencing but there are three teams totaling 48 Division I All-Americans. There are at least 350 US Lacrosse HS All-Americans each year. I will take you at you word when you say that only five of the 48 were not HS AA's but I would not say that being named HS AA is a predictor or indicator of anything. If this year 43 of 48 Division I All-American were also US Lacrosse HS All-Americans that would tell us that approximately 1,357 former HS AA's from the HS graduating classes of 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 did not go on to become Division I All-Americans. ; )

However, we are talking about Long Island...

13 of the 48 DI AA's are from Long Island (pretty good) and I am pretty sure that all 13 were US Lacrosse All-Americans and most likely Under Armor All-Americans as well. If I am not mistaken there are 19 US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island each year (9 - Nassau, 8 - Suffolk, 2 - Private). Under Armour probably selects 10 or so from Long Island each year. It is possible that 63 out of 76 former HS AA's from LI "were not" D1 AA's this year. Some of those HS AA's who were underclassmen this year might become a DI AA down the road as the majority of AA's were upperclassmen.

Here are some numbers / facts...

If you are looking for an indicator as to which Long Island players have the best chance to become an All-American in college the odds are with the players who go to the top college programs.

36 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 10.
45 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 20.
1 played for Duke which finished the year ranked 21.
1 played for Hopkins which finished the year ranked 22.
1 played for Towson which was not ranked.

1 Graduate Student.
23 Seniors
13 Juniors
10 Sophomores
1 Freshman

Looking at these numbers it would stand to reason that the top players in HS are the ones who receive major recognition / accolades and are recruited by and choose to attend the schools that are consistently ranked in the Top 10 - 20. Those Top 10 - 20 schools always seem to be the same and the players they recruit prove to be the top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How awful is your life if you truly believe some 18 year old kid who was designated something is lying. And what “problem “ will they have? How about none. Get over yourself."

You must be a little slow. US Lacrosse does not hand out Honorable mention awards , it is a made up award from section 8 and section xi. For those layers to say they are US lacrosse AA is a lie and it diminishes the award to those current and past players who received the actual award. US lacrosse will not want any other group telling players they received US lacrosse AA honors when they have no say in how many and how they are awarded . What problem will they have, I have no idea but with the college admissions scandals going on now putting fictitious info on your bio or application might create some issues .My life is fine , my daughter was an actual 2x US lacrosse AA and is proud of it , almost as proud as she is of graduation from an IVY .

Sure pal, I'm a little slow, and you just posted a fictitious account of your "daughter". I'll take my slow over your perverse fantasy life and infatuation with "lies" and "problems". lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure pal, I'm a little slow, and you just posted a fictitious account of your "daughter". I'll take my slow over your perverse fantasy life and infatuation with "lies" and "problems". lost.

My guess is because you are slow you can't tell fact from fiction or for that matter how much being slow impacts your reasoning. Sad. There were 19 US lacrosse AA young women on LI this year and that is it. Sorry if your kid did not get one but maybe you can have your school make u some fake AA awards .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is because you are slow you can't tell fact from fiction or for that matter how much being slow impacts your reasoning. Sad. There were 19 US lacrosse AA young women on LI this year and that is it. Sorry if your kid did not get one but maybe you can have your school make u some fake AA awards .

Don't have a kid nearly old enough, sorry if you need to boost your self image by creating a fake child. HAHAHAHAHAHA, keep at it mom, we're all soooo impressed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am over all completely embarrassed by what this sport has become. Its a perversion of what it should be in every way. I have 3 kids in travel, and I can say outside of college, I have seen it all. Parents fighting on the sideline in boys games, parents rooting for others to fail in girls games, coaches choosing to give playing time preference to kids they train "privately", Its as bad as it gets and its all now a regular thing. I'm disgusted with myself and most of the people that I have met along the way, in that at the end of it all, every relationship has been based on how much money we pay, and how good is your kid.

We created this. We gave a tremendous amount of power to youth coaches and club team owners - who are held to very little standards and ethical considerations, who operate in the shadows and without real scrutiny. This youth lacrosse platform is in no way positive - it is a money grab at every turn, and we as parents have enabled it.

No doubt there is a toxic environment associated with this sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't have a kid nearly old enough, sorry if you need to boost your self image by creating a fake child. HAHAHAHAHAHA, keep at it mom, we're all soooo impressed

What's really sad is you obviously have low expectations for your own kid so you project that doubt onto other kids making it so you can't possibly believe others can have that kind of success. I guess half your kids genes come from the "slow" pool so it makes sense. So you know those kids were not designated US Lacrosse AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's really sad is you obviously have low expectations for your own kid so you project that doubt onto other kids making it so you can't possibly believe others can have that kind of success. I guess half your kids genes come from the "slow" pool so it makes sense. So you know those kids were not designated US Lacrosse AA.

Keep it up fictitious daughter mom. No one believes your bs take. My daughter is the school president a world class ballerina and scored a 1600 on the SAT. She got a full ride to Harvard and is playing ice hockey and lacrosse. See mine is better than yours!!!! Hahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Keep it up fictitious daughter mom. No one believes your bs take. My daughter is the school president a world class ballerina and scored a 1600 on the SAT. She got a full ride to Harvard and is playing ice hockey and lacrosse. See mine is better than yours!!!! Hahahahaha”

So sad for your kid that your low expectations will probably result in her underachieving. You are a simpleton who cannot understand that other people have actual achievements they are proud of. Sadly your kid will never even get the made up HM AA award .The Haha tells all on here what a uneducated disaster of a parent you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Keep it up fictitious daughter mom. No one believes your bs take. My daughter is the school president a world class ballerina and scored a 1600 on the SAT. She got a full ride to Harvard and is playing ice hockey and lacrosse. See mine is better than yours!!!! Hahahahaha”

So sad for your kid that your low expectations will probably result in her underachieving. You are a simpleton who cannot understand that other people have actual achievements they are proud of. Sadly your kid will never even get the made up HM AA award .The Haha tells all on here what a uneducated disaster of a parent you are.

I'll make it simple for you mom, what Ivy does your princess attend? Let's see if you'll back up your boast with some facts. Or is she really just a figment of your imagination. I'll wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooo, did a little research of the "Ivy's" lacrosse rosters, startlingly enough there SIX, count em, six girls who identify as HMAA. Multiple others who identify as UA AA and one identifies as a LI AA. So I guess these girls all have "problems" that super mom will address with the parents and programs since his filly is a Real AA at an Ivy. Or is she ??? Again, you are a shallow little man who lives through an imaginary girl, if she is real, I feel truly sorry for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooo, did a little research of the "Ivy's" lacrosse rosters, startlingly enough there SIX, count em, six girls who identify as HMAA. Multiple others who identify as UA AA and one identifies as a LI AA. So I guess these girls all have "problems" that super mom will address with the parents and programs since his filly is a Real AA at an Ivy. Or is she ??? Again, you are a shallow little man who lives through an imaginary girl, if she is real, I feel truly sorry for her.

While I agree that this person may be a shallow little man, not sure you actually taking the time to research this separates you from him in any way. Who cares? Yes HM All American is made up on LI. No one else does it. Are the girls lying if they put it on their resume? No. Do you think college coaches base their decisions on someone being HM AA? Of course not. So again, who cares? Do we really need 2 pages of arguing over it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure which post you are referencing but there are three teams totaling 48 Division I All-Americans. There are at least 350 US Lacrosse HS All-Americans each year. I will take you at you word when you say that only five of the 48 were not HS AA's but I would not say that being named HS AA is a predictor or indicator of anything. If this year 43 of 48 Division I All-American were also US Lacrosse HS All-Americans that would tell us that approximately 1,357 former HS AA's from the HS graduating classes of 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 did not go on to become Division I All-Americans. ; )

13 of the 48 DI AA's are from Long Island (pretty good) and I am pretty sure that all 13 were US Lacrosse All-Americans and most likely Under Armor All-Americans as well. If I am not mistaken there are 19 US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island each year (9 - Nassau, 8 - Suffolk, 2 - Private). Under Armour probably selects 10 or so from Long Island each year. It is possible that 63 out of 76 former HS AA's from LI "were not" D1 AA's this year. Some of those HS AA's who were underclassmen this year might become a DI AA down the road as the majority of AA's were upperclassmen.

If you are looking for an indicator as to which Long Island players have the best chance to become an All-American in college the odds are with the players who go to the top college programs.

36 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 10.
45 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 20.

1 Graduate Student.
23 Seniors
13 Juniors
10 Sophomores
1 Freshman

Looking at these numbers it would stand to reason that the top players in HS are the ones who receive major recognition / accolades and are recruited by and choose to attend the schools that are consistently ranked in the Top 10 - 20. Those Top 10 - 20 schools always seem to be the same and the players they recruit prove to be the top players.

Didn't Parella from Hofstra make AA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree that this person may be a shallow little man, not sure you actually taking the time to research this separates you from him in any way. Who cares? Yes HM All American is made up on LI. No one else does it. Are the girls lying if they put it on their resume? No. Do you think college coaches base their decisions on someone being HM AA? Of course not. So again, who cares? Do we really need 2 pages of arguing over it?

Agreed, and therefore done with this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The original discussion was that if these HM AA players state they are US lacrosse AA they would be stating something that is untrue and could come back to bite them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple things are clear by your posts. First you are clearly uneducated as you cannot even understand the original post. These players can call themselves HMAA all they want as that is correct , what they should not do is call themselves US Lacrosse AA as the original discussion clearly stated. The good news is these Ivy league players who will be doing bigger and better things in the future did not put in their bio false information like you seemed to indicate most likely as they are smart enough to understand the difference. As far as giving you more information on my daughter , no thanks as you are already creepy enough. Get your kid to a tutor , she is going to need it with those genes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a person who makes up a fictitious child is not creepy? One who insults girls anonymously as well. Sure whatever you say. As stated done with your weird self. Keep projecting the “ivy All American thing someone will eventually congratulate you on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Graduate Student.
23 Seniors
13 Juniors
10 Sophomores
1 Freshman

Didn't Parella from Hofstra make AA?

Yes, that is correct. Hofstra not Hopkins.

The most accurate barometer of talent is the recruiting game. The top college coaches make offers to the players who they believe are the best. When the top programs are offering I would say that is the highest honor a HS player can earn. All of the awards are nice and I can't fo the life of me understand why some have a problem with the HM AA Award. Congratulations to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a person who makes up a fictitious child is not creepy? One who insults girls anonymously as well. Sure whatever you say. As stated done with your weird self. Keep projecting the “ivy All American thing someone will eventually congratulate you on BOTC.

I thought you were done earlier Einstein and yet you come back for more .What happened no more creepy “ research” because you are now starting to see you are an imbecile. Keep lowering the standards for your daughter and keep telling her it’s just not possible you can go to an Ivy and also be an AA ,as they say those that think they can and those that think they can’t are usually both correct. Don’t forget you are done posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought you were done earlier Einstein and yet you come back for more .What happened no more creepy “ research” because you are now starting to see you are an imbecile. Keep lowering the standards for your daughter and keep telling her it’s just not possible you can go to an Ivy and also be an AA ,as they say those that think they can and those that think they can’t are usually both correct. Don’t forget you are done posting.

Unfortunately for me, can't let a nasty mom get the last word. One of my many faults. You don't have an Ivy AA daughter and that is a fact. Say what you will about my daughter, that's par for the course for you. Insulting others kids while waiting breathlessly on BOTC for a "great job with your Ivy AA" is your world not mine. If you get HMAA and scream it at the sky, I say congratulations that's great. You call them liars and indicate it's going to cause problems. Thats the distinct difference between you and I. Care to say different or is all you have is your insults? You're very big on that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately for me, can't let a nasty mom get the last word. One of my many faults. You don't have an Ivy AA daughter and that is a fact. Say what you will about my daughter, that's par for the course for you. Insulting others kids while waiting breathlessly on BOTC for a "great job with your Ivy AA" is your world not mine. If you get HMAA and scream it at the sky, I say congratulations that's great. You call them liars and indicate it's going to cause problems. Thats the distinct difference between you and I. Care to say different or is all you have is your insults? You're very big on that.

You are both nuts. : )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are a simpleton and obviously have no idea what a fact is. Again the initial posts were that these HMAA are not US lacrosse awards and should not be represented as such. Whats even funnier is you think you are insulting me by saying my daughter cannot be real which in reality every time you repeat that makes me smile at how fortunate I am. I will make it easy for you , this is the last time I will respond to you as there is no arguing with notIntelligent, HMAA is in "fact" a made up award by section 8 and 11 .Those that received it along with those that received All Division, All county HM, All County, Unsung Hero, and any other awards should be proud of themselves but make no mistake they are not US lacrosse awards. There are many differences between you and I but I suspect education is at the top of the list and it is obvious from your writing that you are a misogynist as you think calling me a mom is insulting. Good luck to your kid and let her know she too can be an AA and go to an Ivy if that is what she wants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what you braggart! You're a nasty little woman, that's it! Do everyone a favor and crawl back into your hole a#$[ChillLaxin]*e

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are a simpleton and obviously have no idea what a fact is. Again the initial posts were that these HMAA are not US lacrosse awards and should not be represented as such. Whats even funnier is you think you are insulting me by saying my daughter cannot be real which in reality every time you repeat that makes me smile at how fortunate I am. I will make it easy for you , this is the last time I will respond to you as there is no arguing with notIntelligent, HMAA is in "fact" a made up award by section 8 and 11 .Those that received it along with those that received All Division, All county HM, All County, Unsung Hero, and any other awards should be proud of themselves but make no mistake they are not US lacrosse awards. There are many differences between you and I but I suspect education is at the top of the list and it is obvious from your writing that you are a misogynist as you think calling me a mom is insulting. Good luck to your kid and let her know she too can be an AA and go to an Ivy if that is what she wants.

This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?”

Couple issues with this . First I went back and reread all the posts . No one claimed the girls were “lying”. Second there is no US Lacrosse first , second etc team AA , there is only US Lacrosse AA. No one will claim to be US Lacrosse first team AA because there is no such thing. Not sure she still does it but CR used to run a money grab calling two teams of players LI AA at each age group , it’s the same thing that sections 11 ,8 have created . I believe it’s the second year they have done this and in my opinion it does diminish the past accomplishment of AA , you have gone from around 20 players yearly on LI who could claim to be AA to now around 80 . What those plaques do not say is US Lacrosse AA except for the top 20 or so . Don’t want to further this discussion but the guy who says he will not post again on the subject but can not control himself enough to not post has some issues . The mom may be a bit of a braggart but she has been in general correct .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off Riverhead and Sinai have zero actual AA, that honorable mention stuff is essentially just a made up award , not recognized by US lacrosse . Second I have no problem with Bertolone chairing the AA committee as he knows the players as well as anyone. Third the failure of Riverhead as a team has little to do with the coach , its the parents and their attitudes that trickle down to the kids so the chemistry is horrendous, that and honestly the players are listening to the parents more the coach.

If there are players listing themselves as US lacrosse honorable mention AA then they are lying and it could create problems , its the same as lying on a resume. I would think that US lacrosse may end up having something to say about it.

Well that posts says lying so not sure who is saying differently. And problems too. Mom is a toolbox

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?”

Couple issues with this . First I went back and reread all the posts . No one claimed the girls were “lying”. Second there is no US Lacrosse first , second etc team AA , there is only US Lacrosse AA. No one will claim to be US Lacrosse first team AA because there is no such thing. Not sure she still does it but CR used to run a money grab calling two teams of players LI AA at each age group , it’s the same thing that sections 11 ,8 have created . I believe it’s the second year they have done this and in my opinion it does diminish the past accomplishment of AA , you have gone from around 20 players yearly on LI who could claim to be AA to now around 80 . What those plaques do not say is US Lacrosse AA except for the top 20 or so . Don’t want to further this discussion but the guy who says he will not post again on the subject but can not control himself enough to not post has some issues . The mom may be a bit of a braggart but she has been in general correct .

You didn’t look back far enough, someone did indeed say the girls were lying:

“If there are players listing themselves as US lacrosse honorable mention AA then they are lying and it could create problems , its the same as lying on a resume. I would think that US lacrosse may end up having something to say about it.”

My point was that I highly doubt any of the teenagers that listed it did it as a lie or to be malicious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares! Worry about your own daughter! Don’t you people have anything better to do than stir up controversy over other people’s accomplishments and accolades? Unbelievable!

Like Reply Quote
Page 138 of 214 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard