BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With tryout season quickly approaching just looking for people's opinion on the different 2023 teams out there. What I am wondering is when you go to tryouts coaches/trainers say that all they want to do is make your kids better, everyone plays etc. Unfortunately this is not true and even more unfortunate is it costs $$$ to find out the team is only out to win (which is fine) and only starters will play OR the team is mostly players from that town so if your not from that town you won't play or other political reasons that your kid won't play. Not looking to trash any teams, just looking to find out which clubs actually will work to develop EVERY player vs which clubs main goal is to win which means an emphasis on the top 10 players with everyone else's role being just a way to get their parents money. Once again, not saying there is anything wrong with a team that wants to win VS a team that never wins but everyone trains and plays, just wondering which teams actually fall into those categories.

What they coaches/trainers confess up front before you hand over the money, could very well be totally different from what occurs during the season. Likewise, crazy parents are another factor deciding on a team, and some coaches allow those particular parents to control the team. But, if you are looking into a team and discover daddy coaches, do yourself a favor, run the other way. Good luck!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With tryout season quickly approaching just looking for people's opinion on the different 2023 teams out there. What I am wondering is when you go to tryouts coaches/trainers say that all they want to do is make your kids better, everyone plays etc. Unfortunately this is not true and even more unfortunate is it costs $$$ to find out the team is only out to win (which is fine) and only starters will play OR the team is mostly players from that town so if your not from that town you won't play or other political reasons that your kid won't play. Not looking to trash any teams, just looking to find out which clubs actually will work to develop EVERY player vs which clubs main goal is to win which means an emphasis on the top 10 players with everyone else's role being just a way to get their parents money. Once again, not saying there is anything wrong with a team that wants to win VS a team that never wins but everyone trains and plays, just wondering which teams actually fall into those categories.

Changing teams at his age is hard. The top teams aren’t changing up their rosters much. And there are plenty of kids on those teams that ride the bench. Look into some of the better B teams. Your kid may have a chance to play and develop. To your point they may not win all the time.

You're right. Although there are a lot of factors involved in the equation; Strength of H.S. team, is your son a good fit on his present club, the amount of money and time you are willing to spend, etc. For me, a good H.S. matched with a well balanced travel team is the path my son will take. I don't want to travel out of state 3 to 4 weekends in the summer for my kid to play lacrosse. Remember, a lot of these kids have been playing since kindergarten, and burnout can creep up within these next few years if it hasn't already. But hey, every family is different, it's not one size fits all. It doesn't mean kids on the top teams will play D1 and the kids that play on B teams will not play D1, so go figure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Changing teams at his age is hard. The top teams aren’t changing up their rosters much. And there are plenty of kids on those teams that ride the bench. Look into some of the better B teams. Your kid may have a chance to play and develop. To your point they may not win all the time.

You're right. Although there are a lot of factors involved in the equation; Strength of H.S. team, is your son a good fit on his present club, the amount of money and time you are willing to spend, etc. For me, a good H.S. matched with a well balanced travel team is the path my son will take. I don't want to travel out of state 3 to 4 weekends in the summer for my kid to play lacrosse. Remember, a lot of these kids have been playing since kindergarten, and burnout can creep up within these next few years if it hasn't already. But hey, every family is different, it's not one size fits all. It doesn't mean kids on the top teams will play D1 and the kids that play on B teams will not play D1, so go figure.

Agree with all of this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy number of teams playing lax fest this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF had some interesting results. The Warriors can’t hang with the big boys anymore. Sure, they crushed some very weak B teams (who shouldn’t have even been there). Overall they are not the power house they once were. Looking forward to Lax Fest.

Thanks for that in depth analysis of the NLF tourney B-team dad! I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for your next post!

You may fall out of your seat when the organization raises their prices again next year compared to what you're paying now.

Hey if big $$$ keeps troll's like you OUT! I'm all IN!

Ouch! Sounds like a nerve was hit. Pay up
Warriors are B+ team . not Double A. only win in B bracket tourneys. they have one Middie , without him the fall hard

Wow sounds like you are one disgruntled parent! Please tell what position does your kid play!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know where I can find the schedule for NLF tourney? My son was asked to play and I wanted to see what teams are going before I commit? I couldn't find on tourney machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits is now a national team just like CoachC’s boys. They’ve got a few 16 year olds out of Florida on bandits and a 16 year old out of Florida and Texas in CoachC. Anything for a shirt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know where I can find the schedule for NLF tourney? My son was asked to play and I wanted to see what teams are going before I commit? I couldn't find on tourney machine.

Serious question, why does it matter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are fast approaching. are the majority remaining in place or are some looking for change? If you are looking for a different scenery what does one expect to find, unless an organization/coach is planning on poaching particular kids from another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It mattered because I wanted to see if it was worth it first. It was an honest question, I have never heard of this tournament and didn't want to waste my time

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It mattered because I wanted to see if it was worth it first. It was an honest question, I have never heard of this tournament and didn't want to waste my time

You should be accustomed to sarcasm by now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are fast approaching. are the majority remaining in place or are some looking for change? If you are looking for a different scenery what does one expect to find, unless an organization/coach is planning on poaching particular kids from another team.

Nobody is moving teams at this age group on any good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club lacrosse is only a vehicle to keep the boys playing and sharp. It’s all about their school teams now. Anyone moving clubs at this point has missed the boat and likely has an unrealistic perspective of their child’s ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club lacrosse is only a vehicle to keep the boys playing and sharp. It’s all about their school teams now. Anyone moving clubs at this point has missed the boat and likely has an unrealistic perspective of their child’s ability.

The same kids that have been on 4 teams in the last 4 years will probably be looking for their fifth though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With that in mind an advice question : my son had to miss spring and summer lacrosse and a fair amount of school this year due to injury/surgery. He probably will reclass after this year. Should he stay with 2023 or play with 2024.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same kids that have been on 4 teams in the last 4 years will probably be looking for their fifth though!

Why pay upwards of 3K and not receive the amount of lacrosse equal to that amount. There's an organization looking to bring aboard proven H.S. coaching/travel at less money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With that in mind an advice question : my son had to miss spring and summer lacrosse and a fair amount of school this year due to injury/surgery. He probably will reclass after this year. Should he stay with 2023 or play with 2024.

He would have to reclass to a private going in as a freshman after his freshman public year. Don't do it because of an injury! What happens if he gets an injury in HS? Are you going to double reclass him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play him with his graduating year. That is going to be a very unpopular statement, but those are the boys he's going to be recruited with. If he is dominating, you can always move him up, but it's not necessary. NY/LI clubs are grade based and most tournaments are as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why pay upwards of 3K and not receive the amount of lacrosse equal to that amount. There's an organization looking to bring aboard proven H.S. coaching/travel at less money.

You always get what you pay for. Look at some of the new teams this year. One in particular promised the world, but they haven't even been practicing and haven't played in a tournament yet. It's so bad that one of the dads has to put them into tournaments under a different name!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You always get what you pay for. Look at some of the new teams this year. One in particular promised the world, but they haven't even been practicing and haven't played in a tournament yet. It's so bad that one of the dads has to put them into tournaments under a different name!

The guy had to do what he had to do; no practices or tournaments. Needed a back-up plan. Side team worked out well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The guy had to do what he had to do; no practices or tournaments. Needed a back-up plan. Side team worked out well.

I'm not trashing the guy. That's why I didn't mention any names. My point is that the grass is not always greener on the other side and teams are all about the $$. They paid $3000+ for that team and got nothing but shiny helmets. Most kids that move teams at this age will not be displacing anyone, but rather be picking up scrap minutes until they can possibly, but not likely, earn a starting spot. Then, when that doesn't happen, they move to another team the following year. It's a cycle that has been going on for many players for years. The parents are to blame because most of these kids are solid players that were never given a chance to develop within a system for more than a season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not trashing the guy. That's why I didn't mention any names. My point is that the grass is not always greener on the other side and teams are all about the $$. They paid $3000+ for that team and got nothing but shiny helmets. Most kids that move teams at this age will not be displacing anyone, but rather be picking up scrap minutes until they can possibly, but not likely, earn a starting spot. Then, when that doesn't happen, they move to another team the following year. It's a cycle that has been going on for many players for years. The parents are to blame because most of these kids are solid players that were never given a chance to develop within a system for more than a season.

I think the parents committed to that particular team with good intentions. They went through the fall, winter and holding tight. Spring came and comments began to surface, 'this isn't enough", be it lack of practices, tournaments, it wasn't enough. Fast forward, some parents leaned on the "dads team" . Additionally, Dads team provided practices and tournaments, with a proven travel coach which is getting back into the game, with a ready made team available to him. Remember, parents are the consumers, they have a say where, and how their money is spent. So what would you do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the parents committed to that particular team with good intentions. They went through the fall, winter and holding tight. Spring came and comments began to surface, 'this isn't enough", be it lack of practices, tournaments, it wasn't enough. Fast forward, some parents leaned on the "dads team" . Additionally, Dads team provided practices and tournaments, with a proven travel coach which is getting back into the game, with a ready made team available to him. Remember, parents are the consumers, they have a say where, and how their money is spent. So what would you do?

You know the saying, the road to heck is paved with good intentions. That’s the point I’m trying to make. You don’t know what you’re getting when you switch teams. That dad team you’re referring to is a pickup team, though. The best players on it play for other teams and will never leave them to essentially play for Empire, which means they’ll always have conflicts. There’s a reason Empire fell off the face of the Earth. And even with those kids and new coach, the team got smacked around at Blatant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only shiny helmets I've seen are the Rebels. Is this the team you're referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please share the team. You could save other forum members thousands of dollars as I am sure there will be plenty of people trying out in a couple months who don't know how they operate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only shiny helmets I've seen are the Rebels. Is this the team you're referring to?

My Guess is Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the turtles. Have they played any tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles. Total waste of time and money. We learned our lesson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny, will be a cold day in heck when lacrosse parents help one another. Anyway, forum rules prohibit doing so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that team just needs to come out of it’ SHELL. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They left last year and are up to their usual tricks. Last year it was political, this year, it's not enough. Good luck to their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They left last year and are up to their usual tricks. Last year it was political, this year, it's not enough. Good luck to their team.

Funny, right? Count how many teams those Turtle kids have been on over the last 4 years. I don’t think any of them have made it to year two with any club. Now there was not enough practice/tourneys? Laughable! Weren’t they all playing 5-6 days a week with school? Time for them to recognize that the real problem is them. They are ruining their children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, right? Count how many teams those Turtle kids have been on over the last 4 years. I don’t think any of them have made it to year two with any club. Now there was not enough practice/tourneys? Laughable! Weren’t they all playing 5-6 days a week with school? Time for them to recognize that the real problem is them. They are ruining their children.

Doesn't matter how much they practice and play with a school. If someone takes $3,000 and tells you they are going to train your 13 year old child to be a better lacrosse school then that's what they should be doing. They gave a nice speech at tryouts about their focus being developing the players, equal playing time etc. Surprised to hear they are taking the money and running.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you know who was on what team and for how long? Kids leave teams because of bad coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't matter how much they practice and play with a school. If someone takes $3,000 and tells you they are going to train your 13 year old child to be a better lacrosse school then that's what they should be doing. They gave a nice speech at tryouts about their focus being developing the players, equal playing time etc. Surprised to hear they are taking the money and running.

The best thing that particular organization can do is not to cave into the "groupie" parents passive aggressive tricks, if they don't like what is offered and think the grass is greener on the other side, let them walk. One club didn't cave in last year when they started rumbling before and after WSYL. They're good solid players, but they (parents) were never told NO until last year. Daddy coach, time is catching up with you, organizations are on to your tricks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Warriors will beat STS for the B team championship this weekend at laxfest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best thing that particular organization can do is not to cave into the "groupie" parents passive aggressive tricks, if they don't like what is offered and think the grass is greener on the other side, let them walk. One club didn't cave in last year when they started rumbling before and after WSYL. They're good solid players, but they (parents) were never told NO until last year. Daddy coach, time is catching up with you, organizations are on to your tricks.

You are oddly obsessed with these kids and their parents. The only people that care about what team they play for are the suckers who are still paying 4k and watching their kid on the sidelines. You are bitter. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

worry about your own downward spiral. You have a lot more issues over there for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

worry about your own downward spiral. You have a lot more issues over there for sure.

What in the world did this guy (parents) do? Sounds like he (they) messed over a lot of people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you know who was on what team and for how long? Kids leave teams because of bad coaches.

Everybody knows. The parents are all annoying and have bothered, trash talked, and destroyed sideline chemistry on all of the teams they’ve played on. And no, it’s not because of bad coaching. It’s because their kids don’t start or play as much as they want. And do you know why that is? Because the other kids on the team are better mainly because they’ve worked hard and developed with the team over several years. It takes a rare talent to move to a team and start right away. Kids should be taught to work hard and earn their minutes. Not be fed excuses of bad coaching and favoritism or nepotism.

Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard