BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who is the best Long Island team at this age all bickering aside?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So who is the best Long Island team at this age all bickering aside?

Who really cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same guy over and over defending the Hawks. Please stop saying "notIntelligent" It's 2 words.

You are spending an awful lot of time defending a team that you claim doesn't used hold backs/reclassed kids. Clearly you know the kids are older and want everyone here to believe you. The problem is that everyone that has played against the Hawks knows they play with older boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha ha.... It is multiple people. If you type s.tupid, this site edits it.

notIntelligent notIntelligent notIntelligent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same guy over and over defending the Hawks. Please stop saying "notIntelligent" It's 2 words.

You are spending an awful lot of time defending a team that you claim doesn't used hold backs/reclassed kids. Clearly you know the kids are older and want everyone here to believe you. The problem is that everyone that has played against the Hawks knows they play with older boys.

Sorry we dont.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry we dont.

So we will see you with this team at the WSYL??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express parents should be more concerned about the goalie mom with the bag of excuses on the sideline than other parents. After a goal for one team she yelled out "don't worry about it, your defense wasn't there for you". That's the way to build team spirit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry we dont.

At the end of the day, playing against the Hawks (however old they are) makes my boy better in the long run. Its better to play against them then thumping lesser skilled teams and bad lax habits are not brought to the forefront. As the boys get older, the age means less and less. The 8th/9th graders will be playing against older kids in school, so it will prepare them for it. As long as the refs control the physical aspect of the game at this age so no one gets hurt because of the size difference, I'm good with it. We don't need any more t shirts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry we dont.

At the end of the day, playing against the Hawks (however old they are) makes my boy better in the long run. Its better to play against them then thumping lesser skilled teams and bad lax habits are not brought to the forefront. As the boys get older, the age means less and less. The 8th/9th graders will be playing against older kids in school, so it will prepare them for it. As long as the refs control the physical aspect of the game at this age so no one gets hurt because of the size difference, I'm good with it. We don't need any more t shirts.

This is correct. My oldest son always had to play up 2 grades for football because of the weight class. In 5th grade he was playing with and against 7th graders. It helped him big time. When he got to HS it really paid off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry we dont.

This is correct. My oldest son always had to play up 2 grades for football because of the weight class. In 5th grade he was playing with and against 7th graders. It helped him big time. When he got to HS it really paid off.

Is he on the 2026 Hawks team now? lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express parents should be more concerned about the goalie mom with the bag of excuses on the sideline than other parents. After a goal for one team she yelled out "don't worry about it, your defense wasn't there for you". That's the way to build team spirit.
From the looks of the scores she may be right. Being a goalie is the toughest spot out there and its a very emotional postilion. No one wants to play it but its the first place you look at when you lose. But it usually is not the goalies fault if they do everything they are supposed to be doing. My son is a goalie on a different team. Our defense is not very good no one slides. We constantly have middies coming straight down the lane and shoot point blank. The goalie can only do so much at that point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While you were all arguing about how old some kid is, you missed some great games at H Cohen.

No one knows what that is.

Seems like quite a few people do. It's a great town tournament organized by Port Washington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the looks of the scores she may be right. Being a goalie is the toughest spot out there and its a very emotional postilion. No one wants to play it but its the first place you look at when you lose. But it usually is not the goalies fault if they do everything they are supposed to be doing. My son is a goalie on a different team. Our defense is not very good no one slides. We constantly have middies coming straight down the lane and shoot point blank. The goalie can only do so much at that point.

All those things aside, that type of behavior from a parent is inexcusable. It comes from the top. If kids see their parents behave like that, then they'll start to treat their teammates like that and it's an endless cycle of entitled kids who can't be coached and no one wants to be around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great tournament in LI. Terrific competition. We played and lost to a solid Tigers squad. #17 was big (blessed with the size gene) but wasn't the only reason for that team beating Laxachusetts. We must have had 80% possession in the first half and couldn't get our offense on track. Honestly, we didn't play our best game and missed multiple chances. 4 of their 6 goals were man up (one was 2 men up) and didn't have an answer for #17 in those situations. That being said, D kept them to 6 even with those man ups. But that is why you play the game. They had solid D, a very good goalie and didn't give us any space. Also think the boys were looking past Tigers to the Hawks. It didn't materialize. Congrats to the Hawks for winning the tourney. Maybe we'll see you at the NLF Nationals. As for the LI teams, we'll see you in a couple of weeks at Lax Clash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I agree, but yelling that so everyone can hear is not the way to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great tournament in LI. Terrific competition. We played and lost to a solid Tigers squad. #17 was big (blessed with the size gene) but wasn't the only reason for that team beating Laxachusetts. We must have had 80% possession in the first half and couldn't get our offense on track. Honestly, we didn't play our best game and missed multiple chances. 4 of their 6 goals were man up (one was 2 men up) and didn't have an answer for #17 in those situations. That being said, D kept them to 6 even with those man ups. But that is why you play the game. They had solid D, a very good goalie and didn't give us any space. Also think the boys were looking past Tigers to the Hawks. It didn't materialize. Congrats to the Hawks for winning the tourney. Maybe we'll see you at the NLF Nationals. As for the LI teams, we'll see you in a couple of weeks at Lax Clash.

That's refreshing, saying that a tall kid is blessed with size and not automatically assuming he is a hold back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While you were all arguing about how old some kid is, you missed some great games at H Cohen.

No one knows what that is.

Seems like quite a few people do. It's a great town tournament organized by Port Washington.

How did PW play Sunday at HC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a Hawk’s mom and Laxachusett’s parent’s have always been a class act - we loved playing you guys last year and hopefully we can play again soon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a Hawk’s mom and Laxachusett’s parent’s have always been a class act - we loved playing you guys last year and hopefully we can play again soon

Ok Laxachusett's Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same goes for the Tigers parents I spoke to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for the one dad who lost his bat for some odd reason!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone seen Predators, Tri-State or Towermen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and someone deleted some posts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for the one dad who lost his bat for some odd reason!!!!!

What's that mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any teams released their 19/20 tryout dates yet? I know Rebels and Recon have. Interested to know if there have been any other dates released.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any teams released their 19/20 tryout dates yet? I know Rebels and Recon have. Interested to know if there have been any other dates released.

Turtles released their tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are Hudl accounts- not rosters. I know because my name is on the list and I am a parent.

HAWKS = Exposed!

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/320875/Annapolis-Hawks-2026/team

Click on first few names. One kid is listed as playing on 2026 Hawks AND on Junior Varsity Team.... with! Kids should be in 5th grade if in 2026. You cannot play JV until 8th grade. Next kid is listed as playing U12 football in 2016.... You are pathetic Hawks.... I stopped clicking after 2-3 names.

NLF should throw this organization out at all levels. Pathetic...

Are you really that notIntelligent? Going out on a limb here. MAYBE the parent set up the hudl account and they are members of their other child's team. If you are notIntelligent enough to think that an 8th grade kid is playing JV lacrosse (which you cannot in MD) AND 5th grade lacrosse then your WIFI should be turned off.

I guess the parent gave both the kids the same first name... Kid's first name is listed on both rosters. Strange...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any good teams on Long Island? Two tournaments and still waiting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax and Team 91 and then you have the rest. There are some town teams that could probably beat some of these club teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax NY turned into Sweetlax National. I’d be pissed if my kid had to sit on the bench for some kid from Florida coming in to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no Hawks at LI tourney this coming weekend. What team will the folks cry about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure that the Predators goalie will find plenty to cry about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did the folks at TriStar (aka Express) ask to see birth certificates causing them to back away?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did the folks at TriStar (aka Express) ask to see birth certificates causing them to back away?

Uhhh, no. one 6-0 trip to LI in June is enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be sure to pat 14 year old Johnny on the back. He got to beat up kids that are younger than him. You should be a proud Daddy. Still won't see him at the WSYL though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be sure to pat 14 year old Johnny on the back. He got to beat up kids that are younger than him. You should be a proud Daddy. Still won't see him at the WSYL though.

Will you ever get tired of the same excuse? If Hawks played with 13 and 14 year olds the scores would have been 20-0. It’s not like the games were blowouts. Get over yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will you ever get tired of the same excuse? If Hawks played with 13 and 14 year olds the scores would have been 20-0. It’s not like the games were blowouts. Get over yourself.

Is that the same excuse that you use to explain the losses to the Tigers and Laxchusetts? If we lost, they must be older, not better....

Just about every other division championship was won by Team 91. I don't see anyone from MD/NJ/MA/PA complaining about the ages of those teams kids. Just realize that you aren't as good as the Hawks and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still won't see him at any event that checks birth year. Common sense tells everyone that the Hawks don't participate in an event like that because the teams wouldn't qualify. Enjoy beating the younger teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that the same excuse that you use to explain the losses to the Tigers and Laxchusetts? If we lost, they must be older, not better....

Just about every other division championship was won by Team 91. I don't see anyone from MD/NJ/MA/PA complaining about the ages of those teams kids. Just realize that you aren't as good as the Hawks and move on.

I'm a Long Island dad here and I totally agree with this post. Plenty of 91 teams beat the same teams in different age groups. The bottom line is that the talent pool on Long Island at this age group isn't that deep. It just seems to vary from age group to age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just about every other division championship was won by Team 91. I don't see anyone from MD/NJ/MA/PA complaining about the ages of those teams kids. Just realize that you aren't as good as the Hawks and move on.[/quote]

I'm a Long Island dad here and I totally agree with this post. Plenty of 91 teams beat the same teams in different age groups. The bottom line is that the talent pool on Long Island at this age group isn't that deep. It just seems to vary from age group to age group. [/quote]

Ever think that maybe there are too many clubs in LI and the talent pool is watered down. There were kids on clubs teams who couldnt catch and throw or use their off hand. i'm not sure what you all pay for club ball but some of these kids should just play for their town team

Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard