BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 157 of 264 1 2 155 156 157 158 159 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great coaching at Smithtown West ... WOW

Smithtown west was overrated and exposed. Just not at the same level as WM

Not sure about that as West didn't even crack the top 25 in the National pre season rankings whereas W Melville was top 5 in under armour's poll and top 10 in US Lacrosse Mag? That's pretty much being Grossly Over rated Thank Goodness Melville's goalie single-handedly winning 60% of their games for them Heck if the kid plays great again this coming season they just may finish over .500?

Take a peek at the State Plaque and get back to me you SW clown. Couple of calls by the refs in the LIC and we have one more title!

Not sure about that as West didn't even crack the top 25 in the National pre season rankings whereas W Melville was top 5 in under armour's poll and top 10 in US Lacrosse Mag? That's pretty much being Grossly Over rated Thank Goodness Melville's goalie single-handedly winning 60% of their games for them Heck if the kid plays great again this coming season they just may finish over .500?

Take a peek at the State Plaque and get back to me you SW clown. Couple of calls by the refs in the LIC and we have one more title!

Can;t win a faceoff, lose by 5 goals and crying about a couple calls? Who's the Clown - Clown? The State Plague says Massapequa by the way ,, TaTa

Still more than SW will ever have. I stand by my original statement.

Can;t win a faceoff, lose by 5 goals and crying about a couple calls? Who's the Clown - Clown? The State Plague says Massapequa by the way ,, TaTa

Still more than SW will ever have. I stand by my original statement.

Probably right but just find it very amusing that you call any team over rated (no matter who it is) when the team you root for proved to be the most over rated team in the country? A top 5 ranking in the Nation to 179th and finally at 22nd in the state ,, That's the definition of OVER-RATED I stand by the Facts : )

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone please give me the process of All County selection. It's starting to look more like a participation award for quite a few selections.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone on the north shore please talk JS off of the ledge.starting to get embarrassing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct and the original poster is wrong: WM was grossly overrated going into the season. And SW was overlooked and underrated. But you need to get over pre-season rankings because you had a chance to knock out the defending champ when it mattered most and didn't get it done. To say the WM goalie (as good as he is) "single - handedly" won over 60% of their games means you didn't watch many WM games this year, your kids play club ball together so he's the only kid on WM to whom you will give credit, or you believe what you read in the Newsday wrap ups where he is the only kid on WM to whom they give credit. Speaking of next season, good luck when you don't have a super-elite fogo. Coming on here and whining about meaningless pre-season rankings only makes us enjoy that OT win even more. "We are Smithtown West, we have a 3:1 possession advantage in every game and still cant get to the LIC! Life after CC, what do we do now?! Whah, its our coaches fault, whah! Now i have to sit at my kid's travel tournaments with those horrible WM people knowing we talked smack all year and lost, whah!" Shoulda, woulda, coulda - didn't!

Lastly, congrats to Pequa for winning the states. They were the much better team in the LIC and it had nothing to do with the refs at all - that's nonsense, for those posting otherwise on this thread. They completely dominated us from whistle to whistle and WM folks know that if they are being honest with themselves.

Reply as you see fit, but it will be to an empty house - moving on to the next phase now. Goodbye BOTC, it was fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over your SW you are crying and barking at the same time.stink it up and stop being Childish. The only person you be barking an crying is your Coach..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All County is picked by the coach of your HS. If your son didn’t get it, his coach didn’t submit his name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All County is picked by the coach of your HS. If your son didn’t get it, his coach didn’t submit his name.

Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes.

All teams are represented. Probably not fair but that’s how it is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should also be noted that each team gets a certain number of spots depending where their team finishes in the division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should also be noted that each team gets a certain number of spots depending where their team finishes in the division

What is that breakdown? Is it the same for All-American?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not 100% sure but AA is not related to teams or their record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is that breakdown? Is it the same for All-American?

Where All County awards are selected/picked by their respective coaches, the AA awards are voted on by the coaches collectively. So its different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Dennis Bonn step down as the Head Coach at Cold Spring Harbor?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. No he did not....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Fathers Day lax daddy’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really....based off where you finish you get put at a table...1-7 8-15 16-23
based off your finish you get a set number of all divisions...then you have to argue those players out at your table..so your coach could have you as his 4th All Division guy put you up for All county but get out voted...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Few things Ill touch on

1). Bonn should have been let go years ago, right after he slapped that kid on the side of the helmet. That was no love tap. If I remember correctly that game was on MSG varsity. Right in the T/O Huddle.

2). WM & SW were good teams who knows what overrated is. I saw lots of lacrosse this year, some top teams looked pedestrian at times, at other times those same teams looked like AA. Had you seen the SA vs Cham II game you would have thought those two team was tops in the country (wait they are). BUT, had you seen some of their other games you may not have been so impressed. No one/two games makes a team good or bad.

3). SW coach doesn't know how to win the big game. Second year in a row he blows it. Shame there wasn't much of a challenge off the island.

4). Ref abuse in HS. Please, referees need to keep their mouths shut and cannot confront the crowd either before, during or after the game. Each school is supposed to have a field deputy to address the fans. One team got a raw deal a few times this year. but the most egregious was watching the referees drinking beers in the parking lot with the WI nning parents after a playoff game. Where was Newsday for that picture.

5). Funny how close the teams ended to where they were ranked in the preseason.

6) All County and All American.

All County
What is the process. Someone please confirm the whole process step by step.
Do the particular coaches get a certain # of players they can nominate depending on the rank of how they finished the regular season?
Then do all coaches vote on each school nominations? Eliminating some of a team nominations or is it the ole Quid pro Quo. ill vote for your you vote for mine. or are some school bullies or no coach really cares, and whomever a coach nominates gets the distinction
Does a player who wasnt nominated by a coach get brought up by another coach? Lets say a coach doesnt see a particular player that burnt or dominated them get nominate, Do they ask the other coaches how did this player did against them and nominate them?

All American
What is this process
I followed a few teams this year and focused on a few positions. While all of the All Americans picked where good picks, I believe one player was clearly the best at his position but due to low preseason fan-far got robbed. I wouldn't say completely robbed but robbed not the less. The player I am speaking of hit a late growth spurt and was never on a powerhouse travel team, if even on a travel team the past 2 years. . Player was not on a championship team but because of him, his team was a contender. In reviewing film, has more stats than any other in his position. When the All County selections were presented, this may have been the first time the potential AA were standing next to each other. And although stature has nothing to do with being picked, the eye test shocked me on how much bigger the player not selected was in comparison. Are some of these players picked on reputation? not current years achievements? Additionally, Is there also some prerequisite that a nominated athlete needs to be a returning all county player?

7). 90% of the Best players ive seen through the years have been the best most of the years they've been playing.

8) Turtles or Crush, who cares both were probably the best teams ive seen.

9) Why cant LI just find a way to put all the best players on a field at one time. Maybe that will happen, there was a time when i never thought 91 would get a chance to play express, and here we are 91 players are dominating St. Anthony's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This years UA selections have got to be the most bizarre ever. The best talent is not even trying out anymore. Biased coaches pulling more strings than ever behind the scenes. Kids from LI trying out for different regions (thought that wasn’t allowed??) Head coaches picking their sub par sons. What the heck is going on????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all of the boys who were invited to try out for the US U-19 Team. It is an honor to be invited to this event.
Special shout out to all of the boys who made it to the next round. What an honor these young men have been given, thank you US Lacrosse. The players who were given the opportunity to participate will remember this tryout for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, this event does not come around every year so not all of the great players get the opportunity to compete. This event along with the Under Armour Senior All-America Game are by far the two most prestigious honors that a high school lacrosse player can receive. Congratulations to all.

Go USA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This years UA selections have got to be the most bizarre ever. The best talent is not even trying out anymore. Biased coaches pulling more strings than ever behind the scenes. Kids from LI trying out for different regions (thought that wasn’t allowed??) Head coaches picking their sub par sons. What the heck is going on????

Bla Bla Bla... So many delusional parents out there. The best kids make the team. That said, there are only so many spots and some really good players do not make the team. UA should do a Nassau and a Suffolk Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bla Bla Bla... So many delusional parents out there. The best kids make the team. That said, there are only so many spots and some really good players do not make the team. UA should do a Nassau and a Suffolk Team.

Haha, that’s funny, HS Coaches were calling their better players and practically begging them to play for free because the pickings were so slim. Not a top event anymore. Everyone sick of the BS. LI team in big trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many events at all ages lose something year over year. The only one that seems to stick is Showtime. I remember the Brine and Jake Reed were so sought after. In fact, Jake Reed you had to fly to Florida to tryout, now you just sign up. Just changing dynamics is all. For example, when another Long Island team wins the World Series next week, that will start to lose some sizzle, in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, that’s funny, HS Coaches were calling their better players and practically begging them to play for free because the pickings were so slim. Not a top event anymore. Everyone sick of the BS. LI team in big trouble

The real problem is the delusional parents who can not take it when other players receive more recognition, make a team, get ranked ahead of or get recruited by better programs than their child. Many of these parents cry BS and or politics every time. Some have gone to the extent to not even have their kid try out because they are afraid of the kid not making it. You can only make so many excuses. It is not always politics, sometimes your kid is not as good as you think he is. We have some parents on my sons team that absolutely believe that their kid is the best. When the kids do not play well its always someone elses fault. They are extremely critical of every other player on the field but when their kid makes a mistake or plays poorly they make excuses. It's actually funny to listen to them on the sideline. When the team doesn't win these parents are the first to point fingers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real problem is the delusional parents who can not take it when other players receive more recognition, make a team, get ranked ahead of or get recruited by better programs than their child. Many of these parents cry BS and or politics every time. Some have gone to the extent to not even have their kid try out because they are afraid of the kid not making it. You can only make so many excuses. It is not always politics, sometimes your kid is not as good as you think he is. We have some parents on my sons team that absolutely believe that their kid is the best. When the kids do not play well its always someone elses fault. They are extremely critical of every other player on the field but when their kid makes a mistake or plays poorly they make excuses. It's actually funny to listen to them on the sideline. When the team doesn't win these parents are the first to point fingers.

I totally hear what you are saying. You say, "it is not always politics" I agree. But when is it politics; when the coach and parents grew up in the same town and attended the same H.S., when one or several parents are teachers in the particular district, how about a parent is a principal in that district. And I didn't even go down the road, where parents have a friend on the BOE. It isn't as simple as you say it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LONG ISLAND BOYS WHO MADE THE U19 USA CUT , A GREAT HONOR JUST TO BE INVITED ... GOOD LUCK IN NEXT ROUND

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I totally hear what you are saying. You say, "it is not always politics" I agree. But when is it politics; when the coach and parents grew up in the same town and attended the same H.S., when one or several parents are teachers in the particular district, how about a parent is a principal in that district. And I didn't even go down the road, where parents have a friend on the BOE. It isn't as simple as you say it is.

Funny how kids are mysteriously showing up on the UA Highlight roster! What a SS this event is becoming, has lost all credibility. It's pay to play baby!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LONG ISLAND BOYS WHO MADE THE U19 USA CUT , A GREAT HONOR JUST TO BE INVITED ... GOOD LUCK IN NEXT ROUND

Yes, Congrats to all who attended. One of if not the most prestigious events out there. Great experience for all who attended, the best of the best were there and all of the boys will have great memories. Tremendous honor to be ask to represent your country. The U19 Tryouts and The Under Armour Senior All-American Game are the two highest honors a high school player can receive. Good Luck to all of the players moving on to the next round and good luck and have fun to the Seniors playing in the Under Armor Game. Two great honors and experiences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how kids are mysteriously showing up on the UA Highlight roster! What a SS this event is becoming, has lost all credibility. It's pay to play baby!

Are the 2020's who are still in the mix for U19 allowed to play at Under Armor? Would they even go if they were allowed? I would not have my son participate in UA if he were trying out for U19.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"LI team in big trouble" ...

I call BS. I have been hearing that same nonsense for years. There is a contingent of folks who desperately want to believe that Long Island Lacrosse is King. When a Long Island Team does not win at Under Armor they claim it is because of politics. They claim that the best players were not selected. They want to blame everything on politics and say that the tryout was not fair. We have heard it over and over on this site Long Island Is the best. We have even heard it broken down to certain Leagues and certain towns. The reality is that there is a lot of Great Lacrosse played off the Island. If Long Island does not win Under Armour in 2019 it will not be because the tryouts were not fair it will be because the other teams were better and there is a lot of talent in other areas of the country.

Take a look at The 2019 Division I All-Americans:

1 out of 17 First Team All-Americans were from Long Island.
5 out of 17 Second Team All-Americans were from Long Island.
2 out of 19 Third Team All-Americans were from Long Island.
5 out of 51 Honorable Mention All-Americans were from Long Island.

Thats 13 out of 104 from Long Island. Thats 12.5% .

The moral of the story is.... Don't Believe the BS that some people spew. If you have a younger kid who you think has potential get him out their in the "real lacrosse" world. The "high end club" circuit is where the best competition is. HS lacrosse is all well and good but it is not competitive. College coaches are at the best club events run by NLF and showcases like Maverik. UA has been a great event with just about every college (head coach) in attendance in past years.

Good Luck to all but don't believe the BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many times Long Island has a difficult time at Under Armour is that it is a grade based tournament and some regions have players that are more physically mature for the command division. The highlight division tryout was lightly attended which was surprising

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS. I have been hearing that same nonsense for years. There is a contingent of folks who desperately want to believe that Long Island Lacrosse is King. When a Long Island Team does not win at Under Armor they claim it is because of politics. They claim that the best players were not selected. They want to blame everything on politics and say that the tryout was not fair. We have heard it over and over on this site Long Island Is the best. We have even heard it broken down to certain Leagues and certain towns. The reality is that there is a lot of Great Lacrosse played off the Island. If Long Island does not win Under Armour in 2019 it will not be because the tryouts were not fair it will be because the other teams were better and there is a lot of talent in other areas of the country.

The moral of the story is.... Don't Believe the BS that some people spew. If you have a younger kid who you think has potential get him out their in the "real lacrosse" world. The "high end club" circuit is where the best competition is. HS lacrosse is all well and good but it is not competitive. College coaches are at the best club events run by NLF and showcases like Maverik. UA has been a great event with just about every college (head coach) in attendance in past years.

You forgot 13 out of 50 still in the running for U19 ARE from LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This years LI UA team is the weakest I've ever seen. None of the better kids are doing it, many have bailed. When kids need to be invited to play on the team without trying out, you know the event has lost prestige. Maverick is still the best event, although that has taken a downturn as well. The most important thing is to play on a top club team, and be a starter. Club coaches are in constant contact with the big time coaches. That's how my son was recruited. Coaches are looking for team players, contributors. It's not all about goals scored, but rather making everyone around you better, and finding ways to win as a team. Be a catalyst. That said, if your kid does not play for a top team, and/or, is going into senior year unrecruited, I would do any event where there will be coaches. Time is ticking. Otherwise UA is a nice way to blow 1000$ and hours of misery on the Belt Pkwy in the hopes of being mentioned by Ty!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot 13 out of 50 still in the running for U19 ARE from LI.

How many of the 50 play for Club Teams that are in The NLF?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You my friend are delusional and yes most of the earlier comments are accurate. Under Armour was a great event at one time and is starting to lose it luster. Coaching staffs, tryouts and yes politics are getting out of control. Especially on Long Island. The best Long Island kids do not represent this years teams. Most chose not to participate because of all the BS. If you are from another Region and come out on top of the Long Island this weekend, Pound your chest all you want. You did not beat the best we have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You my friend are delusional and yes most of the earlier comments are accurate. Under Armour was a great event at one time and is starting to lose it luster. Coaching staffs, tryouts and yes politics are getting out of control. Especially on Long Island. The best Long Island kids do not represent this years teams. Most chose not to participate because of all the BS. If you are from another Region and come out on top of the Long Island this weekend, Pound your chest all you want. You did not beat the best we have.

Maybe UA Underclass has lost a little luster but for many years this was a great event. That said , delusional parents have been crying politics for a long time. Enough already with the politics BS . The top players, club teams and HS teams from around the country are as good if not better than the players, club teams and HS teams from Long Island. There are a lot of great players on the Island but as the post above indicates there are a lot of other areas producing great players as well. I was actually surprised by the breakdown of where the All-Americans came from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe UA Underclass has lost a little luster but for many years this was a great event. That said , delusional parents have been crying politics for a long time. Enough already with the politics BS . The top players, club teams and HS teams from around the country are as good if not better than the players, club teams and HS teams from Long Island. There are a lot of great players on the Island but as the post above indicates there are a lot of other areas producing great players as well. I was actually surprised by the breakdown of where the All-Americans came from.

Great event?...... Yawn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, awesome to move on, my son was one of them. However you have to wonder how 7 OSU commits got through. I saw many other players much more deserving. Several OSU players did absolutely nothing and moved on over many other much more impressive players. Seems Coach Myers played the same game last round, kept his own recruits who panned out to be college nothing’s. I’m a little worried that he’ll do the same this time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This years LI UA team is the weakest I've ever seen. None of the better kids are doing it, many have bailed. When kids need to be invited to play on the team without trying out, you know the event has lost prestige. Maverick is still the best event, although that has taken a downturn as well. The most important thing is to play on a top club team, and be a starter. Club coaches are in constant contact with the big time coaches. That's how my son was recruited. Coaches are looking for team players, contributors. It's not all about goals scored, but rather making everyone around you better, and finding ways to win as a team. Be a catalyst. That said, if your kid does not play for a top team, and/or, is going into senior year unrecruited, I would do any event where there will be coaches. Time is ticking. Otherwise UA is a nice way to blow 1000$ and hours of misery on the Belt Pkwy in the hopes of being mentioned by Ty!

What a keyboard warrior you are! Knocking high school kids from your darkened basement. No serious parent of a legitimate college recruit would write a post like yours above. Good luck to the boys art UA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a keyboard warrior you are! Knocking high school kids from your darkened basement. No serious parent of a legitimate college recruit would write a post like yours above. Good luck to the boys art UA.

The original poster talks club, being a team player and making everyone around you look better. How about telling me all the sub par players on the top club teams? There are none, every kid on the top clubs are excellent already. It's easy to shine on these teams where every kid can play great lacrosse. Show me the kid that makes the players around him better, regardless of their talent, that's a player. That's what college coaches are looking for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about the cheap shots in LI-South 2022 game.
South parents low class

Like Reply Quote
Page 157 of 264 1 2 155 156 157 158 159 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard