BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 313 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like a snob. And you’re wrong. Get off your high horse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Which Roughrider 2022s who made it did not deserve it? The defender? The goalie? The face-off player, or the MIddie? All outstanding players who had great tryouts. Is it the public school part that makes it hard to believe? All of them were recruited to private schools, but turned them down so they could play at the public school they aspired to attend and play for growing up. Guess that is a No No these days in some circles.

Stop talking

Is it okay if we type?.... That private school/club coach who got your ear in 7th and 8th grade really convinced you into believing that for $25k per year at a High School, little Johnny was guarantied to play a ton and get a full ride to Syracuse didnt he? Or, is your little laxer man just a young, almost studly "Brunswick Shackleford III type", "destined" to follow in his father's footsteps as a member of the Skull and Bones lax squad? Based on your biggest concerns, it sounds like you need to worry more about the poolboy than All-Star teams. That guy is probably getting a HUGE tip during the day, while you are in a boardroom holding meetings about meetings to pay for that top tier education and then spending your evenings complaining about conspiracies. I know, I know, it all feels really, really unfair for the amount of time and money you have invested, but at the end of the day, if you just pretend like nothing happened, keep making the Range Rover and Spa payments, everyone else in your life is going to be happy and VERY satisfied. Most importantly, that strategy keeps the whole "elite" persona intact. The only person who knows is the poolboy and he doesnt even speak English!

Your response solidifies your BadPerson. I told you to stop talking because I am a Roughriders parent and you are knocking teammates who attend private school. It’s great that your son and his posse wanted public. Don’t bash players who choose private. Classless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably the most interesting thing about the Roughriders players is that they all wear their club team helmets to the tryouts while almost every single other player wears his high school helmet to tryouts. I've heard that Corrigan tells them to do this so that evaluators know who plays for RR. I do have to say that this is interesting to say the least and they do it in the highlight division also.

Corrigan has been running this event for about 15 years. How many Roughrider kids have made a UA team in that time. I'd bet Crabs have more kids make it this year alone between the command and highlight than RR have in the last ten years combined. They have a good 2022 team, just like Hawks, 91 and Crabs.

Except RR doesnt import their players from other states at the expense of kids who pay and practice all week. They all live in MD and the vast majority of them are multi-year players for that team. CRAZY![/quote]

👆🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must really stink to live in lacrosse envy.

Excuse after excuse so that little Johnnie feels better about not being in the selected group of players. First it’s the re-class excuse, now it’s the “their coach is the head coach” excuse. When are you just gonna except that these players are better. Not sure why they are better. Could be that they were born with more athletic abilities, could be that they have a different mindset, or could be that they just work harder at the sport, on and off the field.

Either way you will have to learn to accept what is happening and teach your son to be happy with their own achievements and to keep working to reach their own goals. Stop teaching your son to make excuses and to hate on his peers.

Lacrosse is a great sport. Some parents need to get a grip and let things play out. If your son is committed there will be a place for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excuse after excuse so that little Johnnie feels better about not being in the selected group of players. First it’s the re-class excuse, now it’s the “their coach is the head coach” excuse. When are you just gonna except that these players are better. Not sure why they are better. Could be that they were born with more athletic abilities, could be that they have a different mindset, or could be that they just work harder at the sport, on and off the field.

Either way you will have to learn to accept what is happening and teach your son to be happy with their own achievements and to keep working to reach their own goals. Stop teaching your son to make excuses and to hate on his peers.

Lacrosse is a great sport. Some parents need to get a grip and let things play out. If your son is committed there will be a place for him.

Or tell him him there are lots of chesters and garbage politics that put people ahead of you when you clearly deserve what you are after. Just deal with the cheaters and dont let it stop you in doing what you like. Work Harder, hit the wall, etc and even if it doesnt get you where you want, remember this is a fringe sport for enjoying, not making money. Tell him when you compete in the business world, cheaters are weeded out pretty quickly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we assume that 21-0 Briar Woods will dominate the DC rosters the same way 9-9 Spalding dominates the Baltimore rosters?

5/23 is dominating? Common buddy, when will the temper tantrums end?

Agree, "Dominating" is a little over the top. Let's put it this way. 23 of the 46 Baltimore players are from three schools: MCD (9), CHC (8), AS (6).

One of these schools is not like the others.

I think the times are changing down in AA county. Can't wait to see AS play in 2020!

Sure, the times are changing in AA county, but not like you think or wish they were changing. You are kidding yourself that AS has 6 players on the UA teams. Sure, they have 5 on the command team, but look who one of the head coach is, you got it. the varsity head coach of good old A Splading. I know for a fact that was the driving force in getting 5 AS players selected on the command team. If he wasn't there, only one would have had a chance to make the team. On the highlight team, only one, and he is a known holdback, but it is what it is, as there are other holdbacks on both teams. I think you are getting what the real point is, that without Brian Phipps as one of the head coaches for the command team there would be nowhere close to 5 AS players on that team.

You clearly dont know anything! He is a stand up guy and didnt bring his players numbers up, other evaluators did most of which didnt even know who his players were. He was 1 of 15 votes in the room. Once again, 5 coaches and evaluators had sons who tried out and a total of 1 of those kids made it. All of them left the room for the positional votes where their kids were involved. You come on here a pretend like you know how the selection process went down, making wild accusations, suggesting that the coaches and evaluators whose own kids were not selected were okay with everyone else getting greased for player spots? Very ignorant opinion, PERIOD! You have no(ZERO) clue about what you are talking about, but you are cool publicly defaming a good person who did a great job evaluating and will do a great job as an assistant coach. Just a HUGE sore lost move!

I know way more than you think I know. Things were "privately" discussed way before tryouts with Phipps in the middle of that discussion. I know how the entire process works, have for many years since it first started. This, many believe, is the worst they have seen a team almost selected before the tryouts even took place. And again, it was Phipps pushing AS players, almost to the extent that he was hoping for around 8 to 9 players on the command team. Totally disgusting the way this went down this year for the command team. So don't bother telling me how the process works, who and when a coach or evaluator left the room etc., I know how it works, as the saying goes "been there done that" but have never seen it so bad as this year. The "fix" was in before the first night of tryouts for the command team. So you will say NOTHING about the truth this year and if you don't., you know ZERO about the process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or tell him him there are lots of chesters and garbage politics that put people ahead of you when you clearly deserve what you are after. Just deal with the cheaters and dont let it stop you in doing what you like. Work Harder, hit the wall, etc and even if it doesnt get you where you want, remember this is a fringe sport for enjoying, not making money. Tell him when you compete in the business world, cheaters are weeded out pretty quickly.

Garbage - you and your son need to find another hobby. Too weak minded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 kids from a program that didn’t make the JV or Varsity (never has made Varsity) playoffs, their HC on the UA coaching staff and NOT a SINGLE player from the other MIAA programs in Anne Arundel County? Fix is in folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we assume that 21-0 Briar Woods will dominate the DC rosters the same way 9-9 Spalding dominates the Baltimore rosters?

Agree, "Dominating" is a little over the top. Let's put it this way. 23 of the 46 Baltimore players are from three schools: MCD (9), CHC (8), AS (6).

I think the times are changing down in AA county. Can't wait to see AS play in 2020!

Sure, the times are changing in AA county, but not like you think or wish they were changing. You are kidding yourself that AS has 6 players on the UA teams. Sure, they have 5 on the command team, but look who one of the head coach is, you got it. the varsity head coach of good old A Splading. I know for a fact that was the driving force in getting 5 AS players selected on the command team. If he wasn't there, only one would have had a chance to make the team. On the highlight team, only one, and he is a known holdback, but it is what it is, as there are other holdbacks on both teams. I think you are getting what the real point is, that without Brian Phipps as one of the head coaches for the command team there would be nowhere close to 5 AS players on that team.

You clearly dont know anything! He is a stand up guy and didnt bring his players numbers up, other evaluators did most of which didnt even know who his players were. He was 1 of 15 votes in the room. Once again, 5 coaches and evaluators had sons who tried out and a total of 1 of those kids made it. All of them left the room for the positional votes where their kids were involved. You come on here a pretend like you know how the selection process went down, making wild accusations, suggesting that the coaches and evaluators whose own kids were not selected were okay with everyone else getting greased for player spots? Very ignorant opinion, PERIOD! You have no(ZERO) clue about what you are talking about, but you are cool publicly defaming a good person who did a great job evaluating and will do a great job as an assistant coach. Just a HUGE sore lost move!

I know way more than you think I know. Things were "privately" discussed way before tryouts with Phipps in the middle of that discussion. I know how the entire process works, have for many years since it first started. This, many believe, is the worst they have seen a team almost selected before the tryouts even took place. And again, it was Phipps pushing AS players, almost to the extent that he was hoping for around 8 to 9 players on the command team. Totally disgusting the way this went down this year for the command team. So don't bother telling me how the process works, who and when a coach or evaluator left the room etc., I know how it works, as the saying goes "been there done that" but have never seen it so bad as this year. The "fix" was in before the first night of tryouts for the command team. So you will say NOTHING about the truth this year and if you don't., you know ZERO about the process.

Sounds like you failed your son. If you know as much as you say then you are a slow learner. This is my second time around and I figured it out. Be on the right team with dedicated people that work for your son. Period. Should have taken better notes through the years of experience you say you have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Credibility is very thin with this bunch.

This is the same crew that followed their club coach to a new high school where he could be The Man.

Just last week that same coach's son was named an all-star at a tournament he didn't even play in.

And now this odd Command roster.

For the first time ever I will be rooting against a Baltimore team at the UA event.

Character matters.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 kids from a program that didn’t make the JV or Varsity (never has made Varsity) playoffs, their HC on the UA coaching staff and NOT a SINGLE player from the other MIAA programs in Anne Arundel County? Fix is in folks.

Actually Spalding has made the playoffs before, Check your history books. Also, all of the AS players referenced play for the number one club team. This is about club influence not high schools. If you had aligned your son with the right clubs and kissed enough of the club owners/HCs butt, your son would have made the team. Just like the person who stinks up to the boss at works, gets a bigger bonus, better perks or an easy assignment, thats how the real world works. If you aren't bright enough to figure out the rules of the game, take your toys and go home and cry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t understand how people think the Hawks/Spalding players needed outside help to earn a spot on the UA team. The boys have been at the top of the highest level of play in Maryland for many years. Played and beat the best for many years from other states. Have played up and beat many 21 and 20 teams.

Do you really think that your son has been playing at their level all of these years? Come on. Reality check please.

And I hope your not a bunch of 23 dads. If you are, you are delusional.

Be mad that your son didn’t make it but don’t kid yourself that your son was better.

Aren’t you that same people that said the Hawks practiced too much? Obviously your coach should have seen the success and followed the same plan. They simply out worked you!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which Roughrider 2022s who made it did not deserve it? The defender? The goalie? The face-off player, or the MIddie? All outstanding players who had great tryouts. Is it the public school part that makes it hard to believe? All of them were recruited to private schools, but turned them down so they could play at the public school they aspired to attend and play for growing up. Guess that is a No No these days in some circles.

Stop talking

Is it okay if we type?.... That private school/club coach who got your ear in 7th and 8th grade really convinced you into believing that for $25k per year at a High School, little Johnny was guarantied to play a ton and get a full ride to Syracuse didnt he? Or, is your little laxer man just a young, almost studly "Brunswick Shackleford III type", "destined" to follow in his father's footsteps as a member of the Skull and Bones lax squad? Based on your biggest concerns, it sounds like you need to worry more about the poolboy than All-Star teams. That guy is probably getting a HUGE tip during the day, while you are in a boardroom holding meetings about meetings to pay for that top tier education and then spending your evenings complaining about conspiracies. I know, I know, it all feels really, really unfair for the amount of time and money you have invested, but at the end of the day, if you just pretend like nothing happened, keep making the Range Rover and Spa payments, everyone else in your life is going to be happy and VERY satisfied. Most importantly, that strategy keeps the whole "elite" persona intact. The only person who knows is the poolboy and he doesnt even speak English!

Your response solidifies your BadPerson. I told you to stop talking because I am a Roughriders parent and you are knocking teammates who attend private school. It’s great that your son and his posse wanted public. Don’t bash players who choose private. Classless.

First of all, I never said my kid plays for Roughriders. I have friends whose kids play for that team and I know it is a solid team with a lot of talent and good people. Your assessment of my point is totally inaccurate, or maybe there is some guilt associated. It was sarcastic(which is common here) and directed at the hater(s) on here who constantly criticize and bash teams like Spaulding, their coaches, their players who I am also friends with, simply because they do not attend Calvert Hall, McDonough, St Mary's, St Paul's, Boys Latin. They tear down the efforts that everyone puts in to play and get better and they publicly tear down everyone associated with, or who made the UA event because their kid clearly didnt make it. Then you attack me for standing up for your players and other private schools that are constantly under attack because I pointed out how freaking snobby that attitude is?? Right buddy! You either need to complete a reading comprehension class, get a sense of humor, or are just one of those guys trying to pretend you are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly dont know anything! He is a stand up guy and didnt bring his players numbers up, other evaluators did most of which didnt even know who his players were. He was 1 of 15 votes in the room. Once again, 5 coaches and evaluators had sons who tried out and a total of 1 of those kids made it. All of them left the room for the positional votes where their kids were involved. You come on here a pretend like you know how the selection process went down, making wild accusations, suggesting that the coaches and evaluators whose own kids were not selected were okay with everyone else getting greased for player spots? Very ignorant opinion, PERIOD! You have no(ZERO) clue about what you are talking about, but you are cool publicly defaming a good person who did a great job evaluating and will do a great job as an assistant coach. Just a HUGE sore lost move![/quote]

I know way more than you think I know. Things were "privately" discussed way before tryouts with Phipps in the middle of that discussion. I know how the entire process works, have for many years since it first started. This, many believe, is the worst they have seen a team almost selected before the tryouts even took place. And again, it was Phipps pushing AS players, almost to the extent that he was hoping for around 8 to 9 players on the command team. Totally disgusting the way this went down this year for the command team. So don't bother telling me how the process works, who and when a coach or evaluator left the room etc., I know how it works, as the saying goes "been there done that" but have never seen it so bad as this year. The "fix" was in before the first night of tryouts for the command team. So you will say NOTHING about the truth this year and if you don't., you know ZERO about the process. [/quote]

Credibility is very thin with this bunch.

This is the same crew that followed their club coach to a new high school where he could be The Man.

Just last week that same coach's son was named an all-star at a tournament he didn't even play in.

And now this odd Command roster.

For the first time ever I will be rooting against a Baltimore team at the UA event.

Character matters.[/quote]

I agree, you have none! Just another spiteful, sore lost, hater.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most likely because the players and parents who make those other AA county teams successfull did not show up, or did not have good tryouts. If you want to fix the selection process, go click the link and be part of it. Something tells me you do not want to do that because it will impede your ability to complain when the same results affect you next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t understand how people think the Hawks/Spalding players needed outside help to earn a spot on the UA team. The boys have been at the top of the highest level of play in Maryland for many years. Played and beat the best for many years from other states. Have played up and beat many 21 and 20 teams.

Do you really think that your son has been playing at their level all of these years? Come on. Reality check please.

And I hope your not a bunch of 23 dads. If you are, you are delusional.

Be mad that your son didn’t make it but don’t kid yourself that your son was better.

Aren’t you that same people that said the Hawks practiced too much? Obviously your coach should have seen the success and followed the same plan. They simply out worked you!!!

My son has competed against the Hawks for years and I can get on board with that comment. The 5 kids that made UA are top players on that team. It has always been a good team. These people clearly hold a grudge and want to belittle the effort that goes into their success. They are involving everyone else involved at the same time. Sore losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know way more than you think I know. Things were "privately" discussed way before tryouts with Phipps in the middle of that discussion. I know how the entire process works, have for many years since it first started. This, many believe, is the worst they have seen a team almost selected before the tryouts even took place. And again, it was Phipps pushing AS players, almost to the extent that he was hoping for around 8 to 9 players on the command team. Totally disgusting the way this went down this year for the command team. So don't bother telling me how the process works, who and when a coach or evaluator left the room etc., I know how it works, as the saying goes "been there done that" but have never seen it so bad as this year. The "fix" was in before the first night of tryouts for the command team. So you will say NOTHING about the truth this year and if you don't., you know ZERO about the process. [/quote]

No you dont! I know you dont. You literally just made all of that up! Stop trying to live through your kid and give everyone else a hard time when it doesnt work out for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Naaa, I think I will just point your posts out to my kid and tell him "Keep playing and do NOT be that guy!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you dont! I know you dont. You literally just made all of that up! Stop trying to live through your kid and give everyone else a hard time when it doesnt work out for you.[/quote]

You don't know a thing, and you just proved it. I do not have to live through my son and never have. All of my children are now grown and all graduated college. I have no ax to grind here except to see how the selection process has turned into a cesspool this year, mostly at the direction of AS head coach Phipps. His ego is bigger than a lax field and what he was trying to do this year prior to tryouts was totally disgraceful. Think what you want, I really don't care, I have no dog in this fight but it seems you do and others also do and yet they try and protect Phipps. This leads me to believe your son was one of those names in on "the fix". Like I said, I know more than you think. Believe it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the tryouts - the line up is a joke. Anyone that was there knows what occurred. At least when Kelly stacked the roster with Hall kids it was because they could play. This was pure and simple the Spalding coach putting his guys on because he could. What about the mighty Hawks’ players that play for St. Mary’s? Not a single one of them was good enough to make it? Please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the tryouts - the line up is a joke. Anyone that was there knows what occurred. At least when Kelly stacked the roster with Hall kids it was because they could play. This was pure and simple the Spalding coach putting his guys on because he could. What about the mighty Hawks’ players that play for St. Mary’s? Not a single one of them was good enough to make it? Please.

Wait a second. Phipps is the assistant coach. So Im to believe that the assistant coach is running the show? Thats nuts. Let the guy be and volunteer and coach as an assistant. It should be a fun and cool gig if a*holes on this board would let it be. Great for Spalding to have their coached picked to be a part of it. Glad all the other schools had evaluators there too. And will someone tell me why it is so important to be on this team?? Seriously explain not just "because"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you dont! I know you dont. You literally just made all of that up! Stop trying to live through your kid and give everyone else a hard time when it doesnt work out for you.

You don't know a thing, and you just proved it. I do not have to live through my son and never have. All of my children are now grown and all graduated college. I have no ax to grind here except to see how the selection process has turned into a cesspool this year, mostly at the direction of AS head coach Phipps. His ego is bigger than a lax field and what he was trying to do this year prior to tryouts was totally disgraceful. Think what you want, I really don't care, I have no dog in this fight but it seems you do and others also do and yet they try and protect Phipps. This leads me to believe your son was one of those names in on "the fix". Like I said, I know more than you think. Believe it.
[/quote]

Its total BS! I know its 100% wrong. All your kids are grown up and you have no Ax to grind, so you spend your free time trolling a coach on BOTC and tearing him down, his players down, the other UA players, coaches, evaluators involved down? Total DB move!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop talking

First of all, I never said my kid plays for Roughriders. I have friends whose kids play for that team and I know it is a solid team with a lot of talent and good people. Your assessment of my point is totally inaccurate, or maybe there is some guilt associated. It was sarcastic(which is common here) and directed at the hater(s) on here who constantly criticize and bash teams like Spaulding, their coaches, their players who I am also friends with, simply because they do not attend Calvert Hall, McDonough, St Mary's, St Paul's, Boys Latin. They tear down the efforts that everyone puts in to play and get better and they publicly tear down everyone associated with, or who made the UA event because their kid clearly didnt make it. Then you attack me for standing up for your players and other private schools that are constantly under attack because I pointed out how freaking snobby that attitude is?? Right buddy! You either need to complete a reading comprehension class, get a sense of humor, or are just one of those guys trying to pretend you are not.

Not Roughriders here but I agree with the stop talking. I read the posters reply and shook my head in agreement, and my reading comprehension is fine, and your sarcasm was lost, which is hard to do on this forum. Your second rant is tiring, and no one tore down player efforts. One players 100% might be a different level than another’s 100%. What everyone is tearing down is the process, which is exhausting because it will never change and only get worse, whether it’s public, private, dad on the field evaluating, or the coaches from the respective schools coaching the teams. It ain’t changing people. Time to start a new conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA tryouts at DC were such a joke. Another huge money garb. Why are players allowed to tryout at different locations. Do not make Baltimore run down to DC. With over 1000 kids there is no way they could find the best talent. Then you have all the SJ kids that get picked. I wonder why? They had to make every bit of $200000. with. What a machine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to start a new conversation.

Amen! How about those holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA tryouts at DC were such a joke. Another huge money garb. Why are players allowed to tryout at different locations. Do not make Baltimore run down to DC. With over 1000 kids there is no way they could find the best talent. Then you have all the SJ kids that get picked. I wonder why? They had to make every bit of $200000. with. What a machine

I don't even see a roster posted. How do you know who got picked or even tried out elsewhere? Unless you're on the inside, how would you know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't even see a roster posted. How do you know who got picked or even tried out elsewhere? Unless you're on the inside, how would you know?

Are you saying the SJ kids shouldn’t have made it? I haven’t seen the final list but the SJ players that played in the call back game were legit. You people are delusional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop talking

Not Roughriders here but I agree with the stop talking. I read the posters reply and shook my head in agreement, and my reading comprehension is fine, and your sarcasm was lost, which is hard to do on this forum. Your second rant is tiring, and no one tore down player efforts. One players 100% might be a different level than another’s 100%. What everyone is tearing down is the process, which is exhausting because it will never change and only get worse, whether it’s public, private, dad on the field evaluating, or the coaches from the respective schools coaching the teams. It ain’t changing people. Time to start a new conversation.

Well, you got your wish. Folks have moved on, at least for the moment, to the DC tryouts. Over 1000 kids? If accurate, how is that even manageable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying the SJ kids shouldn’t have made it? I haven’t seen the final list but the SJ players that played in the call back game were legit. You people are delusional.

My son didnt make B'More. The reason he went to DC is because there were about 100 college coaches there and it got him some time in front of them. We knew going in there was no way the DC evaluators would let a B'more guy make the call back game and thats OK. The same holds true vice versa. Im sure even the best DC guys would not make Bmore for the same reasons. What I will say is having been to both Bmore and DC Highlight, assuming DC puts their best players on the team they should easily beat Baltimore this year. I could envision DC winning something like 12-5 if the 2 squads end up playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop talking

"No one tore down the players efforts, but your reading comprehension is fine"? You clearly missed, or misprocessed a lot! It has been a constant, relentless rip session on the Spaulding players, school, their coach and how bad they all are since before this spring! Now that UA is over, is all about how much they stink and dont deserver to play for UA Command and now that whole system is corrupt. Never ending hate and balling. But yeah, the response was inappropriate?.....whatever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please answer, why is it so important to be on this team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son didnt make B'More. The reason he went to DC is because there were about 100 college coaches there and it got him some time in front of them. We knew going in there was no way the DC evaluators would let a B'more guy make the call back game and thats OK. The same holds true vice versa. Im sure even the best DC guys would not make Bmore for the same reasons. What I will say is having been to both Bmore and DC Highlight, assuming DC puts their best players on the team they should easily beat Baltimore this year. I could envision DC winning something like 12-5 if the 2 squads end up playing.

Well they play each other the first game of the tournament so I guess we'll see. SJC can't hang with good MIAA teams, so wouldn't think the DC team which is half SJC kids is going to blow Baltimore out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out and did not make the call backs. There was more like 500 players for the 2020/2021's, not 1000. A good mix of players made the callbacks not just SJ player's. I agree that I would have liked to see less players, it would be hard to evaluate, but less players would mean less coaches would show up.

That being said, if you watched the game, the players that did make the call backs were valid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait a second. Phipps is the assistant coach. So Im to believe that the assistant coach is running the show? Thats nuts. Let the guy be and volunteer and coach as an assistant. It should be a fun and cool gig if a*holes on this board would let it be. Great for Spalding to have their coached picked to be a part of it. Glad all the other schools had evaluators there too. And will someone tell me why it is so important to be on this team?? Seriously explain not just "because"...

If you dont know why..You may want to reexamine your entire existence as it pertains to lacrosse. LOL

Ok..UA has become the Holy Grail of lacrosse. One drink of being on the team and you will be forever thought of as a lacrosse G0d .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 kids from North Carolina made the Baltimore command team. A 2021 public school player from the Baltimore area made the DC highlight callback. Its just about being consistantly above average, or making the right play, or plays at the right time. Coaches want to win. They dont want to lose just to add their players to the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many AACo players choose not to go to the "tryouts" because it has become clear the process lacks integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many AACo players choose not to go to the "tryouts" because it has become clear the process lacks integrity.

If you think it is only tainted in Baltimore , think again. Look at most regions, they are loaded with players from Coaches Clubs, Schools or buddy coaches players. It is just the way it is.

Luckily most of these are good players. May not all be the best, but many are. It is just silly to think you have a chance being a very good player without some " draw " to coaches or evaluators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 3 SM players on the Baltimore Highlight team? Interesting to note, the top Metro player in DC is the SM LSM. If regions were so parochial, how did this happen? AA County High School Lacrosse: What I see in looking at the UA rosters is that most of the better AA upperclassmen were at SM while the better underclassmen seem to be split between Spalding and St. John's. The cream rises to the top and so on.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two of the 3 SM kids are ALL MIAA, All County, 3 & 4 UA time Baltimore team members and USA U19 Tryout invitees. They are good. The Spalding kids played for a team that beat MSJ, barely beat Severn and almost lost to JC. Most GA in the league. Yet - 5 of them are on the Command team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two of the 3 SM kids are ALL MIAA, All County, 3 & 4 UA time Baltimore team members and USA U19 Tryout invitees. They are good. The Spalding kids played for a team that beat MSJ, barely beat Severn and almost lost to JC. Most GA in the league. Yet - 5 of them are on the Command team?

Why is it so difficult to comprehend that being a great rising sophomore and playing for a subpar A conference team can be mutually exclusive.

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 313 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard