A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spalding has enough talent to field six players across the two Baltimore UA teams but they get beat by a public school and cannot even qualify for the JV or Varsity playoffs? Something seems amiss. Perhaps next year really is their year.

I can help you with that, REALLY! It takes more than six players who are freshman to win playoffs and MIAA Championships. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Thank you. Clearly, even with these guys, making the playoffs requires something Spalding does not have.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #286388
06/11/19 02:33 PM
06/11/19 02:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we assume that 21-0 Briar Woods will dominate the DC rosters the same way 9-9 Spalding dominates the Baltimore rosters?

5/23 is dominating? Common buddy, when will the temper tantrums end?

Agree, "Dominating" is a little over the top. Let's put it this way. 23 of the 46 Baltimore players are from three schools: MCD (9), CHC (8), AS (6).

One of these schools is not like the others.

I think the times are changing down in AA county. Can't wait to see AS play in 2020!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #286390
06/11/19 02:41 PM
06/11/19 02:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding has enough talent to field six players across the two Baltimore UA teams but they get beat by a public school and cannot even qualify for the JV or Varsity playoffs? Something seems amiss. Perhaps next year really is their year.

I can help you with that, REALLY! It takes more than six players who are freshman to win playoffs and MIAA Championships. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Thank you. Clearly, even with these guys, making the playoffs requires something Spalding does not have.

Hate is an interesting emotion. It takes almost no intelligence to do it.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #286395
06/11/19 03:01 PM
06/11/19 03:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rough Riders had half their team make the call back game and 4 of them making the team. 2 of their coaches were evaluators. Spalding has 5 of 7 kids make call back game. Coach is a evaluator. Calvert Halls fogo dad was on sideline Im assuming evaluating and CH head coaches 8th grade kid makes call back game and Koopers head coach who was an evaluator makes the call back. If any one who knows anything knows many kids that made call back game did not belong.
Lets not pretend that this was a try out. It was not.. Many kids deserved to make it and many had no business even being thought of. It had nothing do with Standing Out!
Many kids on team just had to show up. Many that did stand out got hosed.

Which Roughrider 2022s who made it did not deserve it? The defender? The goalie? The face-off player, or the MIddie? All outstanding players who had great tryouts. Is it the public school part that makes it hard to believe? All of them were recruited to private schools, but turned them down so they could play at the public school they aspired to attend and play for growing up. Guess that is a No No these days in some circles.

You don’t aspire to go to a public school. You just go.

Maybe he should have said "aspired to stay away from private school" because the parents get to caught up in gossip and the unimportant, when they cant buy victory?

Probably the most interesting thing about the Roughriders players is that they all wear their club team helmets to the tryouts while almost every single other player wears his high school helmet to tryouts. I've heard that Corrigan tells them to do this so that evaluators know who plays for RR. I do have to say that this is interesting to say the least and they do it in the highlight division also.

Corrigan has been running this event for about 15 years. How many Roughrider kids have made a UA team in that time. I'd bet Crabs have more kids make it this year alone between the command and highlight than RR have in the last ten years combined. They have a good 2022 team, just like Hawks, 91 and Crabs.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #286411
06/11/19 04:56 PM
06/11/19 04:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rough Riders had half their team make the call back game and 4 of them making the team. 2 of their coaches were evaluators. Spalding has 5 of 7 kids make call back game. Coach is a evaluator. Calvert Halls fogo dad was on sideline Im assuming evaluating and CH head coaches 8th grade kid makes call back game and Koopers head coach who was an evaluator makes the call back. If any one who knows anything knows many kids that made call back game did not belong.
Lets not pretend that this was a try out. It was not.. Many kids deserved to make it and many had no business even being thought of. It had nothing do with Standing Out!

Which Roughrider 2022s who made it did not deserve it? The defender? The goalie? The face-off player, or the MIddie? All outstanding players who had great tryouts. Is it the public school part that makes it hard to believe? All of them were recruited to private schools, but turned them down so they could play at the public school they aspired to attend and play for growing up. Guess that is a No No these days in some circles.

Maybe he should have said "aspired to stay away from private school" because the parents get to caught up in gossip and the unimportant, when they cant buy victory?

Probably the most interesting thing about the Roughriders players is that they all wear their club team helmets to the tryouts while almost every single other player wears his high school helmet to tryouts. I've heard that Corrigan tells them to do this so that evaluators know who plays for RR. I do have to say that this is interesting to say the least and they do it in the highlight division also.

Corrigan has been running this event for about 15 years. How many Roughrider kids have made a UA team in that time. I'd bet Crabs have more kids make it this year alone between the command and highlight than RR have in the last ten years combined. They have a good 2022 team, just like Hawks, 91 and Crabs.

Except RR doesnt import their players from other states at the expense of kids who pay and practice all week. They all live in MD and the vast majority of them are multi-year players for that team. CRAZY!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #286413
06/11/19 05:19 PM
06/11/19 05:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wish I knew this. My kid plays for RR’s and wore his high school helmet during tryouts. BTW the RR 2022 team wears their RR helmets during the summer tournaments

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #286423
06/11/19 07:16 PM
06/11/19 07:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we assume that 21-0 Briar Woods will dominate the DC rosters the same way 9-9 Spalding dominates the Baltimore rosters?

Agree, "Dominating" is a little over the top. Let's put it this way. 23 of the 46 Baltimore players are from three schools: MCD (9), CHC (8), AS (6).

I think the times are changing down in AA county. Can't wait to see AS play in 2020!

Sure, the times are changing in AA county, but not like you think or wish they were changing. You are kidding yourself that AS has 6 players on the UA teams. Sure, they have 5 on the command team, but look who one of the head coach is, you got it. the varsity head coach of good old A Splading. I know for a fact that was the driving force in getting 5 AS players selected on the command team. If he wasn't there, only one would have had a chance to make the team. On the highlight team, only one, and he is a known holdback, but it is what it is, as there are other holdbacks on both teams. I think you are getting what the real point is, that without Brian Phipps as one of the head coaches for the command team there would be nowhere close to 5 AS players on that team.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #286430
06/11/19 09:41 PM
06/11/19 09:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could not disagree you more . My son has been playing against the Spalding (Hawks 2022 players)for years now and the freshman group they have are special. Those players deserve to be on the team. Just like the RR kids deserve to be on the team. If you can come up with kids better in the 2022 class have at it.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #286431
06/11/19 10:12 PM
06/11/19 10:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, the times are changing in AA county, but not like you think or wish they were changing. You are kidding yourself that AS has 6 players on the UA teams. Sure, they have 5 on the command team, but look who one of the head coach is, you got it. the varsity head coach of good old A Splading. I know for a fact that was the driving force in getting 5 AS players selected on the command team. If he wasn't there, only one would have had a chance to make the team. On the highlight team, only one, and he is a known holdback, but it is what it is, as there are other holdbacks on both teams. I think you are getting what the real point is, that without Brian Phipps as one of the head coaches for the command team there would be nowhere close to 5 AS players on that team.

You clearly dont know anything! He is a stand up guy and didnt bring his players numbers up, other evaluators did most of which didnt even know who his players were. He was 1 of 15 votes in the room. Once again, 5 coaches and evaluators had sons who tried out and a total of 1 of those kids made it. All of them left the room for the positional votes where their kids were involved. You come on here a pretend like you know how the selection process went down, making wild accusations, suggesting that the coaches and evaluators whose own kids were not selected were okay with everyone else getting greased for player spots? Very ignorant opinion, PERIOD! You have no(ZERO) clue about what you are talking about, but you are cool publicly defaming a good person who did a great job evaluating and will do a great job as an assistant coach. Just a HUGE sore lost move!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #286432
06/11/19 10:18 PM
06/11/19 10:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Things changing in Anne Arundel County? Seriously - get real. Spalding is a glorified B team. If you want to play for a real program go to St. Mary’s.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #286436
06/11/19 10:57 PM
06/11/19 10:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a snob. And you’re wrong. Get off your high horse.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #286443
06/12/19 08:01 AM
06/12/19 08:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop talking

Is it okay if we type?.... That private school/club coach who got your ear in 7th and 8th grade really convinced you into believing that for $25k per year at a High School, little Johnny was guarantied to play a ton and get a full ride to Syracuse didnt he? Or, is your little laxer man just a young, almost studly "Brunswick Shackleford III type", "destined" to follow in his father's footsteps as a member of the Skull and Bones lax squad? Based on your biggest concerns, it sounds like you need to worry more about the poolboy than All-Star teams. That guy is probably getting a HUGE tip during the day, while you are in a boardroom holding meetings about meetings to pay for that top tier education and then spending your evenings complaining about conspiracies. I know, I know, it all feels really, really unfair for the amount of time and money you have invested, but at the end of the day, if you just pretend like nothing happened, keep making the Range Rover and Spa payments, everyone else in your life is going to be happy and VERY satisfied. Most importantly, that strategy keeps the whole "elite" persona intact. The only person who knows is the poolboy and he doesnt even speak English!

Your response solidifies your BadPerson. I told you to stop talking because I am a Roughriders parent and you are knocking teammates who attend private school. It’s great that your son and his posse wanted public. Don’t bash players who choose private. Classless.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #286444
06/12/19 08:07 AM
06/12/19 08:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except RR doesnt import their players from other states at the expense of kids who pay and practice all week. They all live in MD and the vast majority of them are multi-year players for that team. CRAZY![/quote]

👆🏻

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #286456
06/12/19 10:05 AM
06/12/19 10:05 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It must really stink to live in lacrosse envy.

Excuse after excuse so that little Johnnie feels better about not being in the selected group of players. First it’s the re-class excuse, now it’s the “their coach is the head coach” excuse. When are you just gonna except that these players are better. Not sure why they are better. Could be that they were born with more athletic abilities, could be that they have a different mindset, or could be that they just work harder at the sport, on and off the field.

Either way you will have to learn to accept what is happening and teach your son to be happy with their own achievements and to keep working to reach their own goals. Stop teaching your son to make excuses and to hate on his peers.

Lacrosse is a great sport. Some parents need to get a grip and let things play out. If your son is committed there will be a place for him.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #286463
06/12/19 10:29 AM
06/12/19 10:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It must really stink to live in lacrosse envy.

Excuse after excuse so that little Johnnie feels better about not being in the selected group of players. First it’s the re-class excuse, now it’s the “their coach is the head coach” excuse. When are you just gonna except that these players are better. Not sure why they are better. Could be that they were born with more athletic abilities, could be that they have a different mindset, or could be that they just work harder at the sport, on and off the field.

Either way you will have to learn to accept what is happening and teach your son to be happy with their own achievements and to keep working to reach their own goals. Stop teaching your son to make excuses and to hate on his peers.

Lacrosse is a great sport. Some parents need to get a grip and let things play out. If your son is committed there will be a place for him.

Or tell him him there are lots of chesters and garbage politics that put people ahead of you when you clearly deserve what you are after. Just deal with the cheaters and dont let it stop you in doing what you like. Work Harder, hit the wall, etc and even if it doesnt get you where you want, remember this is a fringe sport for enjoying, not making money. Tell him when you compete in the business world, cheaters are weeded out pretty quickly.

Reply Quote
Page 115 of 119 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 118 119
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification