BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]With practices about to get started, what does the LI pecking order look like? A bunch of 8th graders playing varsity and getting some great experience. Pre season:

TG, till someone beats them
YJ Thorne, always solid
YJ (Igloo) will be interesting
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

Can't wait for the fun to begin!

TG has the best players by far...all the girls YJ past up. YJ Iglos is a bust YJ Wright isn't in there I would put them way before Jesters and Legacy before Thorn....just sayin

TG
YJ
Legacy
Igloo (lost players and playing A teams this summer
Empire (beat Jesters last summer)
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate
Liberty ( do they have a team in this age group?)

Sounds about right. Top 4 listed Tier 1 then a big drop off

In Live love lax tournament CR has let you know who the A team is Igloo plays Heroes Green while Thorn plays Heroes White, Checkhers and Laxachusetts. And she put TG in the top bracket against M&d black, Skywalkers blue and NXT. She knows what shes doing

absolutely

Wright is before Jesters/Empire...definitely....maybe above Igloo....everyone left that team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]With practices about to get started, what does the LI pecking order look like? A bunch of 8th graders playing varsity and getting some great experience. Pre season:

YJ Thorne, always solid
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

TG has the best players by far...all the girls YJ past up. YJ Iglos is a bust YJ Wright isn't in there I would put them way before Jesters and Legacy before Thorn....just sayin

TG
YJ
Legacy
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate

In Live love lax tournament CR has let you know who the A team is Igloo plays Heroes Green while Thorn plays Heroes White, Checkhers and Laxachusetts. And she put TG in the top bracket against M&d black, Skywalkers blue and NXT. She knows what shes doing

does empire and jesters even play in top tournaments? I don't think so they should be off this list completely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]With practices about to get started, what does the LI pecking order look like? A bunch of 8th graders playing varsity and getting some great experience. Pre season:

YJ Thorne, always solid
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

TG
YJ
Legacy
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate

does empire and jesters even play in top tournaments? I don't think so they should be off this list completely

They'll be in the National championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]With practices about to get started, what does the LI pecking order look like? A bunch of 8th graders playing varsity and getting some great experience. Pre season:

YJ Thorne, always solid
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

TG
YJ
Legacy
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate

yes they'll be at nationals but they don't compete not to say that they are not good but they aren't in the same league at all...and wright is above legacy 100% igloo above wright...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty will not help at commitment time. Wise to try another club, if any actually help, who knows.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]With practices about to get started, what does the LI pecking order look like? A bunch of 8th graders playing varsity and getting some great experience. Pre season:

YJ Thorne, always solid
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

TG
YJ
Legacy
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate

yes they'll be at nationals but they don't compete not to say that they are not good but they aren't in the same league at all...and wright is above legacy 100% igloo above wright...

Who has Wright played and beaten? Wright competes in B divisions as Legacy competes in A divisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]With practices about to get started, what does the LI pecking order look like? A bunch of 8th graders playing varsity and getting some great experience. Pre season:

YJ Thorne, always solid
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

TG
YJ
Legacy
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate

Who has Wright played and beaten? Wright competes in B divisions as Legacy competes in A divisions.

Actually Wright consistently plays tougher competition than Thorn. Have you seen Lax for the Cure schedule, which CR makes? The YJ way....anything to help struggling Thorn, look better than they are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Thorne, always solid
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

TG
YJ
Legacy
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate

Actually Wright consistently plays tougher competition than Thorn. Have you seen Lax for the Cure schedule, which CR makes? The YJ way....anything to help struggling Thorn, look better than they are!

its hard to predict....a lot of the teams have a lot of new players...I guess will see how it all shakes out ...TG is def the best on LI then maybe Igloo then the YJ teams ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Thorne, always solid
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

TG
YJ
Legacy
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate

its hard to predict....a lot of the teams have a lot of new players...I guess will see how it all shakes out ...TG is def the best on LI then maybe Igloo then the YJ teams ...

Looking at what the top 8th grade girls are doing who are playing varsity, Thorn has one girl from Middle Country putting up big numbers, while TG has a few. Too bad you can't play Lacrosse by yourself!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid comes home from a local clinic and says the kid coaches don't even play lacrosse! What a joke. Waste of money. Stick with the big clubs who have college kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monsters dominated M&D Black yesterday, at their self proclaimed National Championship tournament. Was not even as close as the final score. I thought it was the Red team at first. Completely dysfunctional team. Lots of little Suzy going to goal. Coach was screaming at all the players. Your turn to step up TG. Marylands looking weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never posted to this forum because it is parents acting like fools. Once again, I read this forum and come across this. I am glad you take joy in 13/14 year old girls lax. The Monster / M&D game was a good game, and congrats to Monster for winning the game. The girls (not you) deserved to win. They played hard.

Each team has a parent like you and I suppose you are that parent for Monster. Parents like you are what drives kids out of the sport. Trying to relive your days through your kid. No need to take your jock-strap and throw it on the table to compare sizes. You are a complete joke.

"As you state in your post, Their self proclaimed National Championship" tournament, is a silly comment. The girls play for M&D, yes, Robinson owns the league, but why would you bash the girls for playing on a team? No girls from M&D proclaimed they were the champions, nor did parents. The girls lace up their cleats and play each game. Again, you're a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"As you state in your post, Their self proclaimed National Championship"

Sorry you are upset and your quotes are off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is always a winner and a lost. Upset, no. But when parents act like fools, I think pointing it out is appropriate. Look in the mirror and if the reflection back is that negativity you post, then I truly feel sorry for you.

Congratulations to the 2023 Monster team for making it to the championship game. Congratulations to the National Championship 2023 CT Grizzlies for winning. See how that works, no need to denigrate another team.

WIN WITH GRACE, LOSE WITH DIGNITY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Monsters dominated M&D Black yesterday, at their self proclaimed National Championship tournament. Was not even as close as the final score. I thought it was the Red team at first. Completely dysfunctional team. Lots of little Suzy going to goal. Coach was screaming at all the players. Your turn to step up TG. Marylands looking weak.

Igloo gets first crack at M&d at Summer genesis. Igloo gets to show that they are the real YJ A team as Thorn plays B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Monsters dominated M&D Black yesterday, at their self proclaimed National Championship tournament. Was not even as close as the final score. I thought it was the Red team at first. Completely dysfunctional team. Lots of little Suzy going to goal. Coach was screaming at all the players. Your turn to step up TG. Marylands looking weak.

Igloo gets first crack at M&d at Summer genesis. Igloo gets to show that they are the real YJ A team as Thorn plays B teams.

dude ... get a life already....who cares... I guess if your the A team you must get some sort of shiney prize.......you must be a blast on your sideline...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Thorne, always solid
Jesters
Empire
Elevate
Liberty

TG
YJ
Legacy
Jesters
YJ Wright
Elevate

Empire beat Jesters this list is off. Empire is easily top 5 on the Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo “YJ” in for a long summer! In a little over their heads! Why did they play a tougher schedule than Thorn?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo “YJ” in for a long summer! In a little over their heads! Why did they play a tougher schedule than Thorn?

CR protects Thorn when making the schedule. Look at this weekend Thorn doesn't play one tough team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the dying M&D 2024 team smashed everyone at Summer Genesis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looks like the dying M&D 2024 team smashed everyone at Summer Genesis.

Its M&d 2023. Who said they were dying? They did completely dismantle the Colbert team I thought the National Champs would be better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not the same team.. its a B team at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It's not the same team.. its a B team at best

Not according to CR Igloo has a tougher schedule than Thorn in every tournament both teams play in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not according to CR Igloo has a tougher schedule than Thorn in every tournament both teams play in

you are absolutely right, but are they in over their heads? What is happening with this team next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s not what CR does. She puts her weaker teams in the harder brackets. This way the A team is sure to make it to the playoffs because they get the easy bracket . Harder schedule means you’re not the A team. Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No team next year, the shore girl goes to Thorn team and some of the others will leave or go to gold team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]It's not the same team.. its a B team at best

That’s not what CR does. She puts her weaker teams in the harder brackets. This way the A team is sure to make it to the playoffs because they get the easy bracket . Harder schedule means you’re not the A team. Sorry.

These are showcase tournaments there are no playoffs and yes while Igloo is playing M&D black Thorn is tying Pride. Cr is putting her strongest team in the top bracket to represent the YJ brand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ant 8th graders make UA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ant 8th graders make UA?

They always do..

emails went out this morning....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, explain this to an outsider... there's no definitive "A" team for YJ? I've never seen another team where they don't make it very clear which team is A, B, or C.
Is this not true for YJ? There are 4 2023 teams, but people argue how they rank compared to each other? That's very strange to me!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]It's not the same team.. its a B team at best

These are showcase tournaments there are no playoffs and yes while Igloo is playing M&D black Thorn is tying Pride. Cr is putting her strongest team in the top bracket to represent the YJ brand

It should make no difference in a showcase. The kids should play equally talented teams and ALL kids should play! Stay away from some (Nassau programs) who care only about winning and helping out the few favorites. YJ commits lots of kids! No matter what they ALL end up where they belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, explain this to an outsider... there's no definitive "A" team for YJ? I've never seen another team where they don't make it very clear which team is A, B, or C.
Is this not true for YJ? There are 4 2023 teams, but people argue how they rank compared to each other? That's very strange to me!!

2023 YJ has been a mess for years....there are very good players on all 3 teams...besides a couple top girls and a couple bottom....they could switch it all up and have same results between the 3 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don’t say any of the 3 teams.
Thorn and Igloo:Colbert are in a different league than Wright.
7-10 goals separate those 2 from Wright.
Pretty sure thorn has lost to Igloo the last bunch of times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous

They always do..

emails went out this morning....[/quote]

Where do we see UA rosters??
How many from 2023 made it...... assume mostly 2022 girls make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3-1 YJ igloo; yea they seem
Like are really drowning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost to hero’s white not m&d black. You have to admit they were in a soft bracket for a top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ used to make the distinction - Blue was the top team and Gold was second. Then CR's marketing mind kicked in and she realized she could attract more parents (and their money) if everybody could claim they were on the A team. That's when she switched to calling teams by their coach's name. Typically the teams have been listed in order on the "Coaches" tab of their website, but not always the case - especially when you factor in F&F, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire in the top 5 is not even close they lost to their own 2024 team. I guess beating jesters is huge for you to walk around pounding your chest but to lose against a younger team LOL. Nice try!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire in the top 5 is not even close they lost to their own 2024 team. I guess beating jesters is huge for you to walk around pounding your chest but to lose against a younger team LOL. Nice try!!!

Why do people come on here and spout complete nonsense like this that has zero basis in fact... just to be stunads?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard