BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: fl$ Lawsuit
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jahelka is going to have to go back to work to collect anything. Coaching or consulting or pickup up trash after games, something to fulfill his end of the consulting agreement to collect what he is contractually due. Part of that contract involves him working of which their is no evidence, email or otherwise that he has.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jahelka is going to have to go back to work to collect anything. Coaching or consulting or pickup up trash after games, something to fulfill his end of the consulting agreement to collect what he is contractually due. Part of that contract involves him working of which their is no evidence, email or otherwise that he has.

You should actually read the agreement before making these kinds of comments. You sound like Winkoff right now and we all know how far that argument got him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course Jahelka wants to be paid now. But given that he is an unsecured creditor—he has no ability to enforce that if FLG files Chapter 11. The argument about FLG or Winkoff being over leveraged is irrelevant. He controls 100% and can put as much leverage on the company or increase salaries or dividend $$ in any amount as he wants. There are no restrictive covenants in the consulting agreement to prevent that. So Jahelka can negotiate a settlement—or—in an extreme case-/FLG’s owners can file Chapter 11 and Jahelka has to wait for another court to divide up the assets. But keep in mind—businesses can operate while the corporation is in Chapter 11. Happens all the time. So the tournaments and club teams can go on as if nothing happened at the corporate level. Parents shouldn’t be concerned because nothing changes operationally. Jahelka may not like it—but that’s how the our bankruptcy laws work. He could have negotiated additional protections in the agreement but he didn’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course Jahelka wants to be paid now. But given that he is an unsecured creditor—he has no ability to enforce that if FLG files Chapter 11. The argument about FLG or Winkoff being over leveraged is irrelevant. He controls 100% and can put as much leverage on the company or increase salaries or dividend $$ in any amount as he wants. There are no restrictive covenants in the consulting agreement to prevent that. So Jahelka can negotiate a settlement—or—in an extreme case-/FLG’s owners can file Chapter 11 and Jahelka has to wait for another court to divide up the assets. But keep in mind—businesses can operate while the corporation is in Chapter 11. Happens all the time. So the tournaments and club teams can go on as if nothing happened at the corporate level. Parents shouldn’t be concerned because nothing changes operationally. Jahelka may not like it—but that’s how the our bankruptcy laws work. He could have negotiated additional protections in the agreement but he didn’t.

How many people want to work with an organizer/club owner who is willing to screw over his former business partner? Reading the court documents, it sure seems like Winkoff decided he didn't like the price he paid nor the terms he agreed to and doesn't have a problem walking away from a financial commitment. It's an indicator of his character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t agree this is a character issue. It’s just a commercial dispute and nothing more. You can’t read more into it. Do you think this is the only club that has business dealings you disagree with? Read through other threads, there are lots of clubs with directors that treat their players and families poorly. That’s much much worse. I’d rather go to a club that treats their customers well even if they make business decisions I don’t like. And from what I read, people at FLG are not complaining.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FLG Showcase (girls) was a money maker. I would not recommend this unless you play for FLG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many girls were even there? Over the past 2 years, they went from having 300 down to 140 and this year I would like think near 100 but can anyone confirm that? They are dying a slow death and the reason why they are trying other revenue streams. Their brand name is tarnished.

The FLG Showcase (girls) was a money maker. I would not recommend this unless you play for FLG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the FLG tournament this past weekend. Plenty of teams there and well run. Mitchell field is such a better venue than Farmingdale State College. Dreading LI Laxfest this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's FLG doing with all their showcases and summer events? Hopefully bringing in a lot of cash because it looks like they need to write a $1.22 million dollar check to Jahelka.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were about 120 girls at the FLG Showcase.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All is well in FLG land as wait until you see all those kids at camp tomorrow lining up to pay big bucks to play lacrosse duck duck goose. Sorry, I meant Fusion Duck Duck Goose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All is well in FLG land as wait until you see all those kids at camp tomorrow lining up to pay big bucks to play lacrosse duck duck goose. Sorry, I meant Fusion Duck Duck Goose.

Great news! Sounds like business is good and they should be able to pay that settlement with no problem and move on from this ugly mess!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 2023 team, thinking about trying out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What position does your son play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you need to know? Oh I know why, because if its your sons position, then the team stinks, if its not then he may be an upgrade and help the team and then you will want him.
The original poster asked a simple question, How is the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the hospital the surgeon looks at the boy and says "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG been dying a slow death for years...bait and switch when it comes to tournaments is old news...streamlining brackets for their teams to get deep...forced off season workouts($$)...promoting kids that pay more over better talent...they have a racket going and anyone who gives them a second look gets what the dearly paid for...nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG been dying a slow death for years...bait and switch when it comes to tournaments is old news...streamlining brackets for their teams to get deep...forced off season workouts($$)...promoting kids that pay more over better talent...they have a racket going and anyone who gives them a second look gets what the dearly paid for...nothing

Sounds just like the 2 club experiences my son has had. They are all the same.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you need to know? Oh I know why, because if its your sons position, then the team stinks, if its not then he may be an upgrade and help the team and then you will want him.
The original poster asked a simple question, How is the team.

Stinks. How is that answer for you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have been with FLG for years, this is not true at all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look in the mirror, or at your personal gene pool. You can't market a kid that isn't marketable. Flg has been great for my son and our family through the years and there are plenty of commits from the 20 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to be business as usually in FLG land! Not sure what the crazies are talking about - Lawsuit???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won a game in a B bracket of a low end tournament. This is not a top team talent and when entering HS if your son is playing at this level for fun that is fine. If you are paying more or have to put up with more then think twice. Plenty of easier teams to play for. This is not going to be a team that gets lots of recruiting attention. Maybe other years but not the 2023 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to be business as usually in FLG land! Not sure what the crazies are talking about - Lawsuit???

Proposed settlement agreement files with court

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trail date set for 10/3/19. I sure they will settle before then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to read the electronic documents. There is a settlement agreement there. Winky needs to pay up over 1.2 million smackaroos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is already a judgement for the breach of contract in the amount of $1,224,488.68. The trial date would be for remaining claims and counter claims associated with the case. But the meat of the issue has been decided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it Winkoff is ill. I hope he'll be ok as it sounds serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winkoff's faltering health has excellent timing, coinciding with discovery. :roflmao: Best wishes for a quick recovery and a naive judge!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'd prob feel a little bad for the owners of the program and family... if I had never had a conversation with them. Not the nicest to deal with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'd prob feel a little bad for the owners of the program and family... if I had never had a conversation with them. Not the nicest to deal with.

I am inclined to feel bad for them as well and I wouldn't wish a tumor/cancer on anyone, regardless of how I feel about them. It's devastating.

But you also have to wonder how such a life changing diagnosis and impending surgery only requires delaying discovery by 30 days. You can do a lot in 30 days, like clean your books, transfer money to the Cayman Islands, etc. but beating cancer isn't one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so how long until FLG goes belly up?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
so how long until FLG goes belly up?

I would think within the next 10 months or by next years tryouts. Their teams have taken a tremendous hit and their showcases are barely staying afloat...all of that on top of the lawsuit will be too much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't treat people (i.e. customers) the right way and it eventually catches up with you. There was a time when FLG was the hottest thing going. Making their team was a true accomplishment. Then they got crazy greedy, entered into ill-advised feuds, let Manhasset fathers essentially dictate certain teams, over-extended themselves with too many teams and diluted their product. Add to that an unnecessary and expensive storefront lease and second rate showcases and you can see how it all unravels. Not crying any tears for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once your own kids exit the program as players its tough to stay engaged and know the talent across the island and to recruit. In time, Igloo and others will follow the same (potential) fate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once your own kids exit the program as players it's tough to stay engaged and know the talent across the island and to recruit. In time, Igloo and others will follow the same (potential) fate.

Igloo owner's son is committed to play D1 lacrosse in college. Rebels guy went to Dowling, etc.,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a very solid program. They are very well-organized, have good coaching, run good practices all year, provide quality uniforms and equipment, etc. They play in fairly good tournaments, although not always the best of the best. If they could join NLF that would really help their kids get recruited. That Elite 80 event they run is expensive but provides insane exposure. None of these clubs are perfect, but I think Igloo is better than most other options with the exception of Express or 91 A teams. Their 2020 team has commits to Harvard, ND, Denver, Bucknell, Sacred Heart and others....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a very solid program. They are very well-organized, have good coaching, run good practices all year, provide quality uniforms and equipment, etc. They play in fairly good tournaments, although not always the best of the best. If they could join NLF that would really help their kids get recruited. That Elite 80 event they run is expensive but provides insane exposure. None of these clubs are perfect, but I think Igloo is better than most other options with the exception of Express or 91 A teams. Their 2020 team has commits to Harvard, ND, Denver, Bucknell, Sacred Heart and others....

If Igloo had great recruiting, then shouldn't have the son gone top 20 D1 not bottom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Omg! What a load of garbage. Igloo is falling apart. It's so much about greed. They charge an outrageous amount and promise the least number of tourneys to kids than any other organisation. They even cheap out on the tourneys they do go to. They dont care about the kids at all. That a bunch of hogwash. The owner is just lining his pocket. Everyone knows the downward spiral of Igloo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Omg! What a load of garbage. Igloo is falling apart. It's so much about greed. They charge an outrageous amount and promise the least number of tourneys to kids than any other organisation. They even cheap out on the tourneys they do go to. They dont care about the kids at all. That a bunch of hogwash. The owner is just lining his pocket. Everyone knows the downward spiral of Igloo.

---------------

on 2028 teams, Igloo player from last year all left and went to other teams. There was a solid A team that vacated the premises... They took anyone who could breathe for their B, and their A is a shell of what it was.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard