BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 136 of 214 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder what happened to the LI Metro 1st team at School girls? They lost 12-4 against a Mass/RI team. That’s not so good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wonder what happened to the LI Metro 1st team at School girls? They lost 12-4 against a Mass/RI team. That’s not so good.

I think the talent pool on the Island is off from where it has been the past several years. Yes there are some excellent players but overall the pool is not as deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the talent pool on the Island is off from where it has been the past several years. Yes there are some excellent players but overall the pool is not as deep.

Many HS coaches that are regularly in the playoffs do not allow their players to tryout for school girls on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many HS coaches that are regularly in the playoffs do not allow their players to tryout for school girls on LI

I agree with those coaches. What teams are you talking about? Very selfish to go play in school girls if your team is in the playoffs. Me, Me, Me, I, I, I, gotta get mine....
What should we expect? The sport has been ruined by delusional parents who have no understanding of the game or of team sports in general.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“I agree with those coaches. What teams are you talking about? Very selfish to go play in school girls if your team is in the playoffs. Me, Me, Me, I, I, I, gotta get mine....
What should we expect? The sport has been ruined by delusional parents who have no understanding of the game or of team sports in general.”

That’s just ignorant .First off you can only tryout if your coach recommends you . If your coach recommends you then they must be okay with you going . Second , the tryouts are before you know if your high school team has actually made the playoffs . If you are going to the tryouts and make a team and don’t go that’s worse as you have taken the spot from someone . That said schoolgirls is less prestigious than it used to be and a lot of kids don’t tryout for various reasons .The person saying the talent pool has dropped off is clueless.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with those coaches. What teams are you talking about? Very selfish to go play in school girls if your team is in the playoffs. Me, Me, Me, I, I, I, gotta get mine....
What should we expect? The sport has been ruined by delusional parents who have no understanding of the game or of team sports in general.

That very well maybe the case, some coaches don’t let their players try-out but that would be the case every year then and last years team was able to win without the ones who weren’t allowed to try-out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“I agree with those coaches. What teams are you talking about? Very selfish to go play in school girls if your team is in the playoffs. Me, Me, Me, I, I, I, gotta get mine....
What should we expect? The sport has been ruined by delusional parents who have no understanding of the game or of team sports in general.”

That’s just ignorant .First off you can only tryout if your coach recommends you . If your coach recommends you then they must be okay with you going . Second , the tryouts are before you know if your high school team has actually made the playoffs . If you are going to the tryouts and make a team and don’t go that’s worse as you have taken the spot from someone . That said schoolgirls is less prestigious than it used to be and a lot of kids don’t tryout for various reasons .The person saying the talent pool has dropped off is clueless.

Talent pool is off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent pool is off.

It’s the same mantra of the clueless dads with older kids , my kids year was so talented but clearly the younger groups are fading . My kid graduated high school in 2016 and the same nonsense was said about her class compared to the 2014 , and 2015 classes . It’s not like LI has won the schoolgirls tournament every year . Last year other states teams were weak because who wants to travel to LI to play which is probably one of the reasons LI did not have some kids try out this year . Stop being ignorant .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent pool is off.

It’s the same mantra of the clueless dads with older kids , my kids year was so talented but clearly the younger groups are fading . My kid graduated high school in 2016 and the same nonsense was said about her class compared to the 2014 , and 2015 classes . It’s not like LI has won the schoolgirls tournament every year . Last year other states teams were weak because who wants to travel to LI to play which is probably one of the reasons LI did not have some kids try out this year . Stop being ignorant .

My youngest is a 2019. I have been watching since 2011 and the talent is not there relative to the rest of the country. Maybe it is because more kids are playing i don't know why but LI does not have as much top talent as in past years. What team has more depth of high end talent than in the past several years? MS, GC, CHS, Set,WI, SWR, MC, WM, NP, BBP? Maybe ESM but don't think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My youngest is a 2019. I have been watching since 2011 and the talent is not there relative to the rest of the country. Maybe it is because more kids are playing i don't know why but LI does not have as much top talent as in past years. What team has more depth of high end talent than in the past several years? MS, GC, CHS, Set,WI, SWR, MC, WM, NP, BBP? Maybe ESM but don't think so."

If you think the talent pool was deeper on LI in 2011 compared to today you just not paying attention. If you are saying LI does not have the same percent of top players as compared to the rest of the country , I agree and 2011 had less of a percentage of top players compared to 2005 when about 4 states had the sport. Lets see how the rising 11th 12 th grade UA team does before ronouncing the sport dead on LI.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City over ESM for Long Island Championship 10-8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a horrible loss for ESM, GC a very average team this year. I guess it shows what a difference coaching makes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a horrible loss for ESM, GC a very average team this year. I guess it shows what a difference coaching makes

Pretty sure it was a prediction not an actual result.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Garden City over ESM for Long Island Championship 10-8

Pretty sure it was a prediction not an actual result.

GC doesn't get past Manhasset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions

Farmingdale over Massapequa
Manhasset over GC
Csh over Wantagh
Carle place over Oyster bay

Northport over Middle Country
Esm over West Babylon
Mt Sinai over Bbp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most players already committed opt out of school girls..doesn't leave many top tier players at this point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most players already committed opt out of school girls..doesn't leave many top tier players at this point

Not true at all. Daughter played schoolgirls about 3 yrs ago and every girl on all 3 LI teams was committed and every top player from LI played with the exception of 1 or 2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes sense why they got crushed...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody has anything to say from the LIC's last weekend?

O.T. ,
a blow out
and two low scoring stall filled games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.T. ,
a blow out

If there's not going to be a shot clock then the refs need have the authority to throw the flag and start a 30 second shot clock, the stall at the HS level has become a joke and has ruined the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.T. ,
a blow out

. was just saying this... i think most folks on here are from 2nd tier ha lax schools like pat cough and commack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.T. ,
a blow out

If there's not going to be a shot clock then the refs need have the authority to throw the flag and start a 30 second shot clock, the stall at the HS level has become a joke and has ruined the game

First off that is the worst idea , the reffing is bad enough now you want to give them more power over the outcome . The stall has been going on forever and I don’t have much of an issue with it at the high school level. There is a skill to it and honestly not many teams actually have that skill. There is also a skill to being able to take the ball away . Watched all the LIC games and everyone except A had stalling on purpose going on and yet not one team was actually successful at it . You could stall the whole game and it’s still more exciting than softball .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.T. ,
a blow out

First off that is the worst idea , the reffing is bad enough now you want to give them more power over the outcome . The stall has been going on forever and I don’t have much of an issue with it at the high school level. There is a skill to it and honestly not many teams actually have that skill. There is also a skill to being able to take the ball away . Watched all the LIC games and everyone except A had stalling on purpose going on and yet not one team was actually successful at it . You could stall the whole game and it’s still more exciting than softball .

That's your opinion - the stall stinks to watch, what is the great skill set? being able to spread out and catch and throw? inevitably the defense gets a yellow card and the game is over - doesn't always have the best team winning - and there's the two reasons college did away with it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.T. ,
a blow out

That's your opinion - the stall stinks to watch, what is the great skill set? being able to spread out and catch and throw? inevitably the defense gets a yellow card and the game is over - doesn't always have the best team winning - and there's the two reasons college did away with it

Seriously you think they went to a shot clock so the "best" team would always win and to prevent a late yellow card. They did it to try and make the game faster and more attractive to a larger audience. If you dont think there is a skill to stalling then you are just clueless and paid no attention to 3 of the 4 LIC games as in all but the A game teams were stalling and none of them were completely successful at it .In general the stall is boring but there is actually some strategy involved in terms of when to not go to goal , what to do if the opposing team pulls the goalie you are u by 1 , 2 minutes left and you have been losing the draw, etc..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.T. ,
a blow out

Seriously you think they went to a shot clock so the "best" team would always win and to prevent a late yellow card. They did it to try and make the game faster and more attractive to a larger audience. If you dont think there is a skill to stalling then you are just clueless and paid no attention to 3 of the 4 LIC games as in all but the A game teams were stalling and none of them were completely successful at it .In general the stall is boring but there is actually some strategy involved in terms of when to not go to goal , what to do if the opposing team pulls the goalie you are u by 1 , 2 minutes left and you have been losing the draw, etc..

NOBODY wants to see it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“NOBODY wants to see it “

Wrong again, I hope I see my daughters team stalling every game but that does explain why you hate it so much as your kids team must never have a lead .I think the shot clock has been a great addition to the college game but just think it would be a mess for many below average high school teams such as your daughters team . You think players and coaches are running up scores now , add in a shot clock and the scores will be 40 -0.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its really the defense that makes the choice not to pressure out. They sit in a tight zone and hope for a turnover.
BBP took a calculated chance by not pressing out - sometimes it works. This time CSH didn't turn the ball over so BBP just burned the clock while being a goal down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong again, I hope I see my daughters team stalling every game but that does explain why you hate it so much as your kids team must never have a lead .I think the shot clock has been a great addition to the college game but just think it would be a mess for many below average high school teams such as your daughters team . You think players and coaches are running up scores now , add in a shot clock and the scores will be 40 -0.

you're lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're lost

I can’t believe that somebody is actually on here defending the stall??? I spent many years going to the NCAA post season, watching great lacrosse games, and the stall was used very lightly at the end of games, sometimes. Then Northwestern came along.... by the end of their dynasty, the last couple of years that they won the championship, the games were unwatchable. Not sure if Amonte pioneered the stall but she certainly was on full display utilizing it to win the championships. Can’t blame her, do not think they would have won all those years without playing stall. Against the top teams they would slow stall on the start of every possession to burn clock the entire game. Then it became a heavy part of many teams game plan. Thank god for the 90 second shot clock, really needs to be brought into HS game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the shot clock-it makes the game more exciting -period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who do all of the Long Island teams play tomorrow in the finals?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're lost

I can’t believe that somebody is actually on here defending the stall??? I spent many years going to the NCAA post season, watching great lacrosse games, and the stall was used very lightly at the end of games, sometimes. Then Northwestern came along.... by the end of their dynasty, the last couple of years that they won the championship, the games were unwatchable. Not sure if Amonte pioneered the stall but she certainly was on full display utilizing it to win the championships. Can’t blame her, do not think they would have won all those years without playing stall. Against the top teams they would slow stall on the start of every possession to burn clock the entire game. Then it became a heavy part of many teams game plan. Thank god for the 90 second shot clock, really needs to be brought into HS game.

And it doesn't have to be 90 seconds in HS initially... start at 120 seconds or 180 seconds. That is a long time to work with for an Offense and allows the defense to get the ball back...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mattituck beat Bronxville

Northport vs. Baker

Fayetteville-Manlius vs. ESM

Cold Spring Harbor vs. John Jay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it took West Islip moving to class B from Northport to finally win a state championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“can’t believe that somebody is actually on here defending the stall??? I spent many years going to the NCAA post season, watching great lacrosse games, and the stall was used very lightly at the end of games, sometimes. Then Northwestern came along.... by the end of their dynasty, the last couple of years that they won the championship, the games were unwatchable. Not sure if Amonte pioneered the stall but she certainly was on full display utilizing it to win the championships. Can’t blame her, do not think they would have won all those years without playing stall. Against the top teams they would slow stall on the start of every possession to burn clock the entire game. Then it became a heavy part of many teams game plan. Thank god for the 90 second shot clock, really needs to be brought into HS game. “

First off Einstein , no one is defending the stall ( whatever that means ), it’s part of the game , it’s legal , so there is nothing to defend . If you actually think the shot clock would not negatively impact over 80 percent of high school games you are clueless . The average high school game has many players that are not skilled and between the clear and setting up an offense you will have constant shot clock violations with forced dangerous shots , blowout wins and a worse mess than those games already are . You want to get the game moving , have a draw to start each half .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mattituck beat Bronxville

Northport vs. Baker

Fayetteville-Manlius vs. ESM

Cold Spring Harbor vs. John Jay

LI girls sweep states...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it took West Islip moving to class B from Northport to finally win a state championship

That's cute with West Islip having only 1 state championship and Northport with 2...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lolololpp how many LIC Leydvkurjgp

That's cute with West Islip having only 1 state championship and Northport with 2...
thats cute. Wi with 3 LIC. Np zero. Wibmoves. Then np can finally win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The talent pool must be down across the whole state as LI just swept the NYS titles or more likely you had an older kid and are one of those “ back in the old days “ types . Talent pool on LI is much deeper than it has ever been but yes the game has grown so there is now good players from all over .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the girls who received honors this year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 136 of 214 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard