BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 156 of 267 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 266 267
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The CSH kid has whooped every F/O he has faced this season(including the guy he goes against in practice every day) with the exception of the John Jay kid. That includes Manhasset and the kid from Massapequa (granted it was a scrimmage). He is very good. As for age, he would qualify for every tournament for '20s that US Lacrosse has established age guidelines for so stop whining...Ask your son if he is good and he'll tell you.

He won't beat the Roslyn kid and that's a fact.

Roslyn !!!!!!!! Who do they play The Sisters of the Poor ! Stop it !

So it's our fault the they can't figure out how to properly rank and schedule the conferences. Comments about schedules coming from a guy who plays in the smallest group on LI and just got bounced. Take your Rover and head back to the North Shore...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to SWR. Momentum turned and they capitalized. SWR Face off kid was excellent, as a middie and not just a fogo. FO's stats were about even. Both kids played well. Swr role players stepped up with the focus on the unc commit. Good game between two strong programs. Good luck upstate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Surprise W Melville was Dominated, can't win when you can't win a face off ,, totally outclassed by clearly a better team ...

Outclassed? Yet another stunad with absolutely no command of the English language. Yes, maybe outplayed, but not out classed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Surprise W Melville was Dominated, can't win when you can't win a face off ,, totally outclassed by clearly a better team ...

Yes, just like when Massapequa played Chaminade. Totally outclassed by clearly a better team.

Why would you post that about WM? Hahaha...Hey, 4th best team is Nassau, good luck against Mamaroneck.

I would say we are a top PUBLIC school on LI. you understand what that means right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes WM lost to a better team but I really wouldn't say they were outclassed, What did WM do that was so wrong?

[quote=Anonymous]No Surprise W Melville was Dominated, can't win when you can't win a face off ,, totally outclassed by clearly a better team ...

Agreed. We were certainly outplayed and out-hustled, but not sure what "outclassed" is supposed to mean. The better team won, just wish our boys made it more competitive. They just didn't have it that day. It was obvious from the opening face off. Pequa had a good game plan and played it out well. They weren't going to let us get a juice goal and go on one of our runs. Even on equal rest I think they still beat us - cant win without the ball. Congrats to Pequa and good luck the rest of the way representing LI in the state championship run. They deserve to be there, they definitely earned it. Hope they take it all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to SWR. Momentum turned and they capitalized. SWR Face off kid was excellent, as a middie and not just a fogo. FO's stats were about even. Both kids played well. Swr role players stepped up with the focus on the unc commit. Good game between two strong programs. Good luck upstate.

The fogo who wins during the second half is usually the better kid, in this case it changed the game. The "Stat" is meaningless. Sometimes it takes a little while to figure the other kids habbits out, then the better kid dominates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, just like when Massapequa played Chaminade. Totally outclassed by clearly a better team.

Why would you post that about WM? Hahaha...Hey, 4th best team is Nassau, good luck against Mamaroneck.

Well that would mean WM would be at best the 10th best team in Nassau. Amateur

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Something tells me that the poster you are responding too is not a WM person. Probably one of your competitors from Nassau taking a shot at you and you took the bait. Just focus on winning states and don't start dogging out a team that has done a heck of a lot of winning over the past few years. WM didn't get on here and dog you out the past 2 years we sent you packing in the LIC. So enjoy the win and focus on your next opponent. Thats what true champions do. Good luck in States and don't get suckered in by the haters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The fogo who wins during the second half is usually the better kid, in this case it changed the game. The "Stat" is meaningless. Sometimes it takes a little while to figure the other kids habbits out, then the better kid dominates."

Funny you should say that. While I do not have a stat sheet in front of me, I felt CSH did better in 2H than in 1H on face offs. Would love to see the quarterly results. Also, you must not have been at the game. What changed the game was a 2 minute non releasable penalty which SWR took advantage of and scored two goals off of and then CSH continued to be flagged for penalties and had a number of turnovers (a few of the unforced variety) causing them to have few offensive opportunities in the 2nd half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The fogo who wins during the second half is usually the better kid, in this case it changed the game. The "Stat" is meaningless. Sometimes it takes a little while to figure the other kids habbits out, then the better kid dominates."

Funny you should say that. While I do not have a stat sheet in front of me, I felt CSH did better in 2H than in 1H on face offs. Would love to see the quarterly results. Also, you must not have been at the game. What changed the game was a 2 minute non releasable penalty which SWR took advantage of and scored two goals off of and then CSH continued to be flagged for penalties and had a number of turnovers (a few of the unforced variety) causing them to have few offensive opportunities in the 2nd half.

Hmmm...SWR fogo was MVP, nuff said! No go back to your reps

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Something tells me that the poster you are responding too is not a WM person. Probably one of your competitors from Nassau taking a shot at you and you took the bait. Just focus on winning states and don't start dogging out a team that has done a heck of a lot of winning over the past few years. WM didn't get on here and dog you out the past 2 years we sent you packing in the LIC. So enjoy the win and focus on your next opponent. Thats what true champions do. Good luck in States and don't get suckered in by the haters.

It would appear you have done the same!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How prophetic......:.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow, does that sound like sour grapes or what? So now CSH lost because of the officiating.....unreal. Typical considering the team we're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just finished watching this game on HUDL and I'm neither a Pequa or WM parent/fan/hater. The Pequa fogo got away with at least 3 procedures and some of the call were totally pro Pequa. I would love to know the make up of those ref and if they were Nassau or Suffolk refs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He scored four goals and played a great game, as did his younger brother. No argument there and never questioned his being a good player. Way to win with class. Don't taint your boys accomplishment by being a vindictive arse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just finished watching this game on HUDL and I'm neither a Pequa or WM parent/fan/hater. The Pequa fogo got away with at least 3 procedures and some of the call were totally pro Pequa. I would love to know the make up of those ref and if they were Nassau or Suffolk refs.

Oh please, if you think the refs were the reason WM lost you have no lacrosse knowledge. It wasn't a 1 or 2 goal game. I'm sure the $90 a game refs really cared who won. They probably put a really big bet on the game in Vegas!! How ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting BOTC is picking top teams😮 what a joke! Politics as usual without actually looking into what kids actually did. DISGUSTING!!!!! 🤮

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting BOTC is picking top teams😮 what a joke! Politics as usual without actually looking into what kids actually did. DISGUSTING!!!!! 🤮

Seems like anyone can throw their biased opinions out their under the farce of a “top list” comical!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow, does that sound like sour grapes or what? So now CSH lost because of the officiating.....unreal. Typical considering the team we're talking about.

unreal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unreal

WM, lost by 5, yet the refs were the difference!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He scored four goals and played a great game, as did his younger brother. No argument there and never questioned his being a good player. Way to win with class. Don't taint your boys accomplishment by being a vindictive arse.

thanks natalie wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a little sick and tired of people defending these refs. I am now a dad, but at one time I was a HS coach and I was also a referee. I sound old I'm not, just passed the 50 threshold. In my day, the refs did not act like they do today. If you looked out of shape and ref'd you hustled to get to your side of the field of vision. You proved you deserved to be on the field. Each game you proved to be on that field. If you couldn't or didn't they would have kicked you out. Or you went to the worst neighborhoods and weren't in the games that mattered. Maybe if there was some oversight on the ref's they wouldn't be so bad. Maybe if there was oversight and training on them there wouldn't be as much complaining and moaning from the sidelines. Maybe like everything else if there was a shred of accountability, things would be so bad.

Some say "leave them alone", "you are abusing them", "they are only getting paid $xx". Are you out of your god darn minds. If you are one that says that you are part of the problem. There are getting paid to do a job. Do it to the best of your ability and if you cant do the job or dont like it quit. Yes, you heard me quit. If you can't do the job, a job that demands perfection in its craft, quit. Maybe attrition, addition by subtraction is the best thing. The best refs are the ones you do not notice, if you do that the best refs or the ones that want to be good will stay and appreciate it.

You blow one commanding blast. You throw the flag, not to garner attention from the crowd but, solely for the players awareness. You control the game from the beginning, through to half time and ref the game the same in the beginning of the game as you do the last 2 minutes. There is no, he is letting them play, or the score is out of control so they get away with things! NO!!!! How many times have you seen a losing team get away with a head slash (and dont get me started with that, the rule was changed, it is not arbitrary) You adhere to the rules until that horn blows.

They say there is a shortage of officials, you want to know another reason for the shortage, not just parents (those are the lazy refs that arent really any good saying that). It is because the good refs dont want to ref with the bad ones and no one is weeding them out!

Yes, there is a problem but the solution isnt ONLY monitoring the parents. and dont tell me it is worse now than ever. It isnt, there is just a lot more games being played than before!!!!

Solution, my college coach made us take certain courses that would ensure, even if a player failed out of school, they could coach at the HS level. He went as far as promoted 1/2 the team to become refs. How many colleges are there on LI alone 13. Hofstra, Stony Brook, LIU Post, Adelphi NYIT, Molloy, Merchant Marine Academy, Farmingdale, St Joe's, Nassau and Suffolk. We are talking 30-50 kids. with 10 new kids each year. Make them take the coaching course. Little secret you become better players when you do!

Heck NY State, Bobby Zayas, (No i wont call you Dr. you dont deserve it in my book, you dont advocate for the kids) How dare you go on national television! If you are so worried, why not offer a solution like, offering the course for free twice a year. You say you dont have the power to do that and that you are just a spokesman for the state, well get with your cronies at your cushy meetings. Get with the state and finally do something.

To me, you are in your 7th year in the position, you are not part of the solution. Nothing is better, you are enabling, and actually part of the problem! It was once asked what does the NYSPHSAA actually do, that answer is different today that it was then. NYSPHSAA is a joke, no meat and bones, they have no authority and are ruled by the sections. (and that was what you wanted) . That is a problem! The answer to what does the NYSPHSAA do, it is still nothing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks natalie wink

Relax CSH jealousy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great end of the year for WM good luck Pequa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the boys who advanced in the Suffolk Tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think that's being a hater? Really? Then "it would appear" you are not very perceptive. Seems like you really need to explore these posts more and read where people are anonymously insulting a high school lacrosse player(s), coaches, parents, entire communities, etc. May enlighten you a bit. Or you are just hyper-sensitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the boys who advanced in the Suffolk Tryouts

Waste of time, the event has gone downhill quickly. Too many conflicts with summer ball, and very few of the top players even bother anymore, so it's definitely not a prestigious representation of the top plays as it was a few years ago. Just another money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Massapequa and SWR on reaching the State championship game. Bring it home to LI where it belongs. Tough loss for Manhasset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a little sick and tired of people defending these refs. I am now a dad, but at one time I was a HS coach and I was also a referee. I sound old I'm not, just passed the 50 threshold. In my day, the refs did not act like they do today. If you looked out of shape and ref'd you hustled to get to your side of the field of vision. You proved you deserved to be on the field. Each game you proved to be on that field. If you couldn't or didn't they would have kicked you out. Or you went to the worst neighborhoods and weren't in the games that mattered. Maybe if there was some oversight on the ref's they wouldn't be so bad. Maybe if there was oversight and training on them there wouldn't be as much complaining and moaning from the sidelines. Maybe like everything else if there was a shred of accountability, things would be so bad.

Some say "leave them alone", "you are abusing them", "they are only getting paid $xx". Are you out of your god darn minds. If you are one that says that you are part of the problem. There are getting paid to do a job. Do it to the best of your ability and if you cant do the job or dont like it quit. Yes, you heard me quit. If you can't do the job, a job that demands perfection in its craft, quit. Maybe attrition, addition by subtraction is the best thing. The best refs are the ones you do not notice, if you do that the best refs or the ones that want to be good will stay and appreciate it.

You blow one commanding blast. You throw the flag, not to garner attention from the crowd but, solely for the players awareness. You control the game from the beginning, through to half time and ref the game the same in the beginning of the game as you do the last 2 minutes. There is no, he is letting them play, or the score is out of control so they get away with things! NO!!!! How many times have you seen a losing team get away with a head slash (and dont get me started with that, the rule was changed, it is not arbitrary) You adhere to the rules until that horn blows.

They say there is a shortage of officials, you want to know another reason for the shortage, not just parents (those are the lazy refs that arent really any good saying that). It is because the good refs dont want to ref with the bad ones and no one is weeding them out!

Yes, there is a problem but the solution isnt ONLY monitoring the parents. and dont tell me it is worse now than ever. It isnt, there is just a lot more games being played than before!!!!

Solution, my college coach made us take certain courses that would ensure, even if a player failed out of school, they could coach at the HS level. He went as far as promoted 1/2 the team to become refs. How many colleges are there on LI alone 13. Hofstra, Stony Brook, LIU Post, Adelphi NYIT, Molloy, Merchant Marine Academy, Farmingdale, St Joe's, Nassau and Suffolk. We are talking 30-50 kids. with 10 new kids each year. Make them take the coaching course. Little secret you become better players when you do!

Heck NY State, Bobby Zayas, (No i wont call you Dr. you dont deserve it in my book, you dont advocate for the kids) How dare you go on national television! If you are so worried, why not offer a solution like, offering the course for free twice a year. You say you dont have the power to do that and that you are just a spokesman for the state, well get with your cronies at your cushy meetings. Get with the state and finally do something.

To me, you are in your 7th year in the position, you are not part of the solution. Nothing is better, you are enabling, and actually part of the problem! It was once asked what does the NYSPHSAA actually do, that answer is different today that it was then. NYSPHSAA is a joke, no meat and bones, they have no authority and are ruled by the sections. (and that was what you wanted) . That is a problem! The answer to what does the NYSPHSAA do, it is still nothing!

All playoff refs are selected based ratings of the coaches throughout the year. And nobody does varsity games at the start. It is after a number of years of experience. They must hone their craft at middle school and JV. These playoff games are being officiated by the best refs in the state. In fact, a lot of them do college as well (like the Ivy league championship). And like any ref, at any level, they are human. If anybody thinks they can become one. Go to the classes in the winter, pass the class and you're in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think that's being a hater? Really? Then "it would appear" you are not very perceptive. Seems like you really need to explore these posts more and read where people are anonymously insulting a high school lacrosse player(s), coaches, parents, entire communities, etc. May enlighten you a bit. Or you are just hyper-sensitive.

Relax princess, it’s an anonymous site with strangers posting. Little self reflection on the “hyper sensitive “ comment may help you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Crush? They didn't even make it to the finals of their own tournament! Maybe those "throwback" Jerseys were a throwback to the last time they lost to the Crabs. So much parity amongst the top teams now, anyone can beat anyone. no top dog

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Crush? They didn't even make it to the finals of their own tournament! Maybe those "throwback" Jerseys were a throwback to the last time they lost to the Crabs. So much parity amongst the top teams now, anyone can beat anyone. no top dog

now you know how valuable the state champions are to the team now. better work on getting a couple more kids to move into sinia.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush? Club teams are over guy. Its individual showcases as this point. Crush ruled the 20's from inception to the end this fall when all the kids got picked up. Seriously no one cares. You are the lone dissenter. lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush? Club teams are over guy. Its individual showcases as this point. Crush ruled the 20's from inception to the end this fall when all the kids got picked up. Seriously no one cares. You are the lone dissenter. lost.

JS and lilJ care!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coaching at Smithtown West ... WOW

Smithtown west was overrated and exposed. Just not at the same level as WM

Not sure about that as West didn't even crack the top 25 in the National pre season rankings whereas W Melville was top 5 in under armour's poll and top 10 in US Lacrosse Mag? That's pretty much being Grossly Over rated Thank Goodness Melville's goalie single-handedly winning 60% of their games for them Heck if the kid plays great again this coming season they just may finish over .500?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about that as West didn't even crack the top 25 in the National pre season rankings whereas W Melville was top 5 in under armour's poll and top 10 in US Lacrosse Mag? That's pretty much being Grossly Over rated Thank Goodness Melville's goalie single-handedly winning 60% of their games for them Heck if the kid plays great again this coming season they just may finish over .500?

Take a peek at the State Plaque and get back to me you SW clown. Couple of calls by the refs in the LIC and we have one more title!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Take a peek at the State Plaque and get back to me you SW clown. Couple of calls by the refs in the LIC and we have one more title!"

...Now that is a stretch. A big one. Both regarding the "couple of calls" and then next two games. Stay humble Patriot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a peek at the State Plaque and get back to me you SW clown. Couple of calls by the refs in the LIC and we have one more title!

Can;t win a faceoff, lose by 5 goals and crying about a couple calls? Who's the Clown - Clown? The State Plague says Massapequa by the way ,, TaTa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can;t win a faceoff, lose by 5 goals and crying about a couple calls? Who's the Clown - Clown? The State Plague says Massapequa by the way ,, TaTa

Still more than SW will ever have. I stand by my original statement.

Like Reply Quote
Page 156 of 267 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard