BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.USCL.com/2025-rankings.html

This website is kina funny. I guess they do not follow the HOCO league

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
After the game, I understood the "Daddy ball" comments. Loonies attack definitely at the bottom of the league with repeated turnovers and dumb mistakes. No settled offense or time of possession and I don't believe they scored a single goal against DC Exp. yet I didn't ever see them step off of the field. I can't imagine that they didn't have someone else on their roster that could have played better - the only explanation is their wing guys being coach's kids. Never seen a kid at this level try to unsuccessfully beat a tripple team 5 or 6 times in a row- even their parents were going crazy watching him throw posessions away. Compliment that with the other wing not being able to pass the ball either throwing it out of bounds or over heads and weak outside shots on midfield and it's easy too see how there was 75/25 possession advantage.

It's bad.... All 3 attack men probably the most selfish in the game...They do not look up and they do not pass. They Constantly run in to double and triples teams and turn the ball over and over and over again.. Coaches do not seem to correct it and wonder why they have had a horrible Fall and Spring.... They have some talented kids on that roster... Might be time to switch up your Attack? It's costing the team. You will see a big turnover in this team next year if things do not get fixed soon......It's really difficult to watch....especially now with the new antics on the sidelines...disgraceful and embarrassing.....

I'm sure that they have all been told repeatedly that they are the best and to just keep doing what they are doing - it's all the fault of the players around them. Their "D" has to get pissed that they need to play through long possessions only to have the ball turned back over within seconds due to poor decisions and selfishness. I think we know how that's going to go over in MIAA next year, although the daddies are all entrenched in Loyola too so we'll have to wait and see. Looks to me like BL will dominate in 2022 and 2023, Calvert Hall will recruit out of state to make up for the lack of non-Kelly standouts on FCA and Loonies, I mean Loyola, will struggle, while St. Marys quielty keeps pace or beats them.

One of the Looneys daddies coaches at Loyola so yeah there’s a connection. Obviously that works for some on the Looneys team going to loyola but not for others ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the game, I understood the "Daddy ball" comments. Loonies attack definitely at the bottom of the league with repeated turnovers and dumb mistakes. No settled offense or time of possession and I don't believe they scored a single goal against DC Exp. yet I didn't ever see them step off of the field. I can't imagine that they didn't have someone else on their roster that could have played better - the only explanation is their wing guys being coach's kids. Never seen a kid at this level try to unsuccessfully beat a tripple team 5 or 6 times in a row- even their parents were going crazy watching him throw posessions away. Compliment that with the other wing not being able to pass the ball either throwing it out of bounds or over heads and weak outside shots on midfield and it's easy too see how there was 75/25 possession advantage.

It's bad.... All 3 attack men probably the most selfish in the game...They do not look up and they do not pass. They Constantly run in to double and triples teams and turn the ball over and over and over again.. Coaches do not seem to correct it and wonder why they have had a horrible Fall and Spring.... They have some talented kids on that roster... Might be time to switch up your Attack? It's costing the team. You will see a big turnover in this team next year if things do not get fixed soon......It's really difficult to watch....especially now with the new antics on the sidelines...disgraceful and embarrassing.....

I'm sure that they have all been told repeatedly that they are the best and to just keep doing what they are doing - it's all the fault of the players around them. Their "D" has to get pissed that they need to play through long possessions only to have the ball turned back over within seconds due to poor decisions and selfishness. I think we know how that's going to go over in MIAA next year, although the daddies are all entrenched in Loyola too so we'll have to wait and see. Looks to me like BL will dominate in 2022 and 2023, Calvert Hall will recruit out of state to make up for the lack of non-Kelly standouts on FCA and Loonies, I mean Loyola, will struggle, while St. Marys quielty keeps pace or beats them.

One of the Looneys daddies coaches at Loyola so yeah there’s a connection. Obviously that works for some on the Looneys team going to loyola but not for others ...

I think they are all alum with older sons already there, but it may not make as much difference with coaching staff changes the past 2 years. With all of the negative Loonies comments, maybe they fold this year like their 2022 team did last year and just field a "B" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In your opinion he is a racist.
You are just saying that because he is White.
Anti-racist is just a code word for Anti-White.

Why are you such an Anti-White?
Do you think destroying a young White boys reputation with your pathetic "virtue signaling" is morally justifiable?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Did Trump start coaching the Looney's? Did BOTC turn into Facebook?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back to Looneys and have another beer dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where the racist comments came from? I heard Loyola head coach is taking over Loonies 2023. Will any Loyola players switch teams to be with their school coach? Are they looking to fix a problem? Non-parent does not necessarily mean non-biased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where the racist comments came from? I heard Loyola head coach is taking over Loonies 2023. Will any Loyola players switch teams to be with their school coach? Are they looking to fix a problem? Non-parent does not necessarily mean non-biased.

And will players going to schools other than Loyola leave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers will overtake and Looneys

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There seem to be a lot of Racist-Lax Dad's and Mom's on 'all' the Club teams. I see very few African Americans or Mexicans or Chinese on any of these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of Racist-Lax Mom's and Dad's on all the Club teams. Where is the diversity? There is none!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There seem to be a lot of Racist-Lax Dad's and Mom's on 'all' the Club teams. I see very few African Americans or Mexicans or Chinese on any of these teams.

"Mexicans?" "Chinese?" who is being racist? These are nationalities not races. Mom's and dad's are not at fault for a lack of diversity in the sport. It is the lack of a rec program in developing areas. The club cost, private school influence, and lack of marketing to minority communities are the issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I claim racists in AAU basketball. hardly any whites,eskimos or asians.
This statement sounds as ignorant as the one above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very possible, but they need to get away from having 1 coach and 1 practice for their two teams combined to attract better players. Also being locked into all Aloha tournaments is a negative. They carry multiple, big teams, have high fees and then play in all of their own tournaments to maximize profits above all else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of Racist-Lax Mom's and Dad's on all the Club teams. Where is the diversity? There is none!

Lack of diversity and racism are two very different things. To assume one is always the result of the other is just plain ignorant and likely racist in itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very possible, but they need to get away from having 1 coach and 1 practice for their two teams combined to attract better players. Also being locked into all Aloha tournaments is a negative. They carry multiple, big teams, have high fees and then play in all of their own tournaments to maximize profits above all else.

Also arrogant and shady. Planned to carry 3 teams at 2023 and said players would be offered invite but not assigned to specific team until after practices (not tryouts).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also arrogant and shady. Planned to carry 3 teams at 2023 and said players would be offered invite but not assigned to specific team until after practices (not tryouts).

That’s nothing compared to FCA’s shadiness. Advertise “open” tryouts when returning players are “guaranteed” a spot. Total money grab. Then parents pay $2500 in dues to be on weak second teams just so they can be part of the brand while the club uses their dues to offset costs for top teams and increase profit. Suckers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So basically "Pay us and we'll find somewhere for your kid to play" Sounds like expensive Rec. (which is what much of club lax has turned into: for-profit Rec)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold up, you aren't told which team you're on after tryouts??? Who the heck, would play for Breakers based on that right there? I don't get it. What's the draw? Their summer camps? Aloha tournaments...don't get me started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold up, you aren't told which team you're on after tryouts??? Who the heck, would play for Breakers based on that right there? I don't get it. What's the draw? Their summer camps? Aloha tournaments...don't get me started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High Cost and the drumbeat of Aloha tournaments is a big negative. At one time he had one of the two big clubs in Baltimore ( Breakers and Crabs) along with majority of tournaments. Outrageously expensive even then to play for Breakers. Now monopoly is over.

Only fringe players with out of touch parents would play for this club. Frankly it has been a money grab for years. It is now geared towards recreational teams that want to act like Club teams. I guess there is a market for everything now

Save your money. Play for one of the rec teams in area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High Cost and the drumbeat of Aloha tournaments is a big negative. At one time he had one of the two big clubs in Baltimore ( Breakers and Crabs) along with majority of tournaments. Outrageously expensive even then to play for Breakers. Now monopoly is over.

Only fringe players with out of touch parents would play for this club. Frankly it has been a money grab for years. It is now geared towards recreational teams that want to act like Club teams. I guess there is a market for everything now

Breakers has two 2023 teams - AAA and A divisions in HoCo and both made the playoffs. Top team can beat top FCA and Looneys teams and the second team at least played in an appropriate bracket unlike FCA and Looneys. It’s under $2000 for both teams. Which club is the money grab?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They really can’t beat looneys and fca top teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They know that, but they like to dream. Most of teams in A and frankly many in AA and AAA are glorified rec teams.
Does feel better to spend 2000 and call yourself club tho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt they meet over the summer since ... Aloha ...
So they might have to wait until next season which will stack the deck more for Breakers after tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They know that, but they like to dream. Most of teams in A and frankly many in AA and AAA are glorified rec teams.
Does feel better to spend 2000 and call yourself club tho.

So Breakers playing in semifinals of AAA is glorified rec, but Looneys winning two games over worst teams in Elite and Fca beating same teams plus Loonies in Elite is superior to Breakers. Got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Breakers has two 2023 teams - AAA and A divisions in HoCo and both made the playoffs. Top team can beat top FCA and Looneys teams and the second team at least played in an appropriate bracket unlike FCA and Looneys. It’s under $2000 for both teams. Which club is the money grab?

No way Breakers beats FCA or Loonies. Not that Loonies and FCA are that good, but Breakers is just doesn't have the depth to run with them. Part of the issue may be having the "AAA" team practice against the "A" team every day. That's a whole nother level versus what the "Elite" teams face each week. They could be great teams to play on and hopefully their players are happy, but doing well in one division does not mean you can be most of the one above you. Breakers moved up by bringing on the players cut from the better teams as well as some of the top Lax World players when that team folded. Solid, but not great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys has not greater claim to elite than Breakers. Just calling yiurself that does not make it so. At that Shia sinking so fast. The best players not going to Loyola will leave for Breakers. The best FCA kids not going to Calvert Hall or perfected by BK will leave for Breakers. Breakers 2023 team is three years in the making. They did not even have one after MM blew it up. Looneys has underperformed every year since fifth grade and only had one winning record. It lost every game one year and only won two in two others. And 91 .... everyone knows that sham. Even with a holdback for spring they won a single game. There are only 4 elite teams at 2023, them a major drop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do club dues drop for high school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. HS tournaments cost as much as 3X youth tournaments. We get to keep writing those checks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys has not greater claim to elite than Breakers. Just calling yiurself that does not make it so. At that Shia sinking so fast. The best players not going to Loyola will leave for Breakers. The best FCA kids not going to Calvert Hall or perfected by BK will leave for Breakers. Breakers 2023 team is three years in the making. They did not even have one after MM blew it up. Looneys has underperformed every year since fifth grade and only had one winning record. It lost every game one year and only won two in two others. And 91 .... everyone knows that sham. Even with a holdback for spring they won a single game. There are only 4 elite teams at 2023, them a major drop.

There's also drop from FCA Looneys Next Level to 91 South River, VLC. Breakers would need to start beating those teams before they start picking up kids from Looneys or FCA. Not going to happen playing Aloha events. btw 0-3 at Beach Lax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. HS tournaments cost as much as 3X youth tournaments. We get to keep writing those checks

Serious question seeking facts and genuine opinion. Of what benefit is high school club lacrosse to a high school freshman on JV who plays a role on club team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys has not greater claim to elite than Breakers.

Silly comment. Looneys top team would crush Breakers. They had a rough HOCO season against the top 3, but there is a big difference athletically between the elite teams (except maybe 91) and most other teams.

Just as a point of comparison, Looneys just went 2-1 in group play at NALL (only loss to Igloo). They then played the Hawks in the first round of the playoffs and outplayed them for much of the game only to lose in overtime. Anyone want to claim that Breakers could play with (and come close to beating) the Hawks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 wins Summer Exposure/Hogan over a very talented South River Team
Nice win over good, not great competition. It does show the division between the bottom Elite teams and Top AAA from this past spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice win over good, not great competition. It does show the division between the bottom Elite teams and Top AAA from this past spring.

How many guest players did MM bring in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you are referring to here by showing the division between bottom elite and AAA. 91 best SR by 1 goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question seeking facts and genuine opinion. Of what benefit is high school club lacrosse to a high school freshman on JV who plays a role on club team?

$1500-$2500 is a tough pill to swallow if your kid does not aspire to play NCAA lacrosse. Problem is there aren't great options for summer leagues anymore. It's tough to compete for spots on HS varsity teams (and JV teams at MIAA A schools) without being all-in. HS club teams will have 5-6 practices in fall and play 1-2 tournaments in November. Then about 10 practices and 3-4 summer tournaments in summer. Some might do winter training

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was SR the top AAA team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered