BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2026 (Mid-Atlantic Region)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If my son rides the bench on an elite team, which AAA teams should we be considering to get a better chance to see the field. He is a very consistent and solid player, but plays behind bigger kids and coaches kids. Will there be movement of teams between elite and AAA? Tryouts start soon and I am trying to get some honest feedback through all of the we are better than you chatter.

My son is in the same situation but I will say hes got better and grown from practicing at a higher level with better kids. This isnt high school showcase years so my question to him is what do you need to do to get better and get more playing time?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my son rides the bench on an elite team, which AAA teams should we be considering to get a better chance to see the field. He is a very consistent and solid player, but plays behind bigger kids and coaches kids. Will there be movement of teams between elite and AAA? Tryouts start soon and I am trying to get some honest feedback through all of the we are better than you chatter.

My son is in the same situation but I will say hes got better and grown from practicing at a higher level with better kids. This isnt high school showcase years so my question to him is what do you need to do to get better and get more playing time?

I still think both posts may be missing the point of club lacrosse. Is he having FUN. At this age that is all the counts. The second post is correct that the skill level is more important at the HS showcase level. Several kids will swap teams between now and then. Try out for several teams and pick the one that you will have the most fun playing on. Watching other kids is not always fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I still think both posts may be missing the point of club lacrosse. Is he having FUN. At this age that is all the counts. The second post is correct that the skill level is more important at the HS showcase level. Several kids will swap teams between now and then. Try out for several teams and pick the one that you will have the most fun playing on. Watching other kids is not always fun.

I am the original poster. While my son likes his team mates and his team, no he isn’t having fun because he isn’t playing and he wants to be playing. I know this isn’t high school. I am asking about better AAA teams because maybe there is a chance for my son to see the field more without sacrificing level of instruction too much. I just want him happy so that he continues to enjoy the sport. I don’t need top dog at this age. There are plenty of great teams at the AAA level, I am just asking for some direction as to which you think will stick around the AAA, head to elite, etc. At this point for my son I think AAA might be a better fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a lot of AAA teams out there. See the HoCo standings. Where do you live?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a lot of AAA teams out there. See the HoCo standings. Where do you live?

There are currently 8 teams. Top 4 are AYLC, VLC, Next Level, and Roughriders. AYLC is Annapolis and surrounding areas and believe they belong in the elite bracket, VLC is Virginia based, Next Level is DC area, and Roughriders is local Howard County where the league plays. AYLC and VLC were standout leaders. Next Level and Roughriders have solid talent but can’t finish games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a good overview of the top 4. It really just depends on where you live to decide which would be a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are currently 8 teams. Top 4 are AYLC, VLC, Next Level, and Roughriders. AYLC is Annapolis and surrounding areas and believe they belong in the elite bracket, VLC is Virginia based, Next Level is DC area, and Roughriders is local Howard County where the league plays. AYLC and VLC were standout leaders. Next Level and Roughriders have solid talent but can’t finish games.

This is pretty accurate

Good luck in your search

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I live in the DC area and see Next Level quite a bit. My kid plays for a different team but I've been impressed with what they are doing. I don't personally know the 2026 coaches but I do think the camps and clinics they run are well done. If feels like a rising program.

My kid isn't in the market for a new team but, if he was, I'd definitely consider them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Mitchell brothers at Next Level are great guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are lots of good programs. I would consider programs that are established and steer away from of these new clubs that have opened in the last 2-3 years. Watered down talent is popping up. Anyone who has a vision and a few dollars can open a club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with the mid Atlantic team at Warrior?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With there being 8 teams in AA county and True Annapolis starting, I’m wanting to see what the over/under is if they can actually field a team. Vegas has a strong negative!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With there being 8 teams in AA county and True Annapolis starting, I’m wanting to see what the over/under is if they can actually field a team. Vegas has a strong negative!!!

All you need these days to start a team is a group of unhappy parents, and a coach on the wrong sideline who is bent out of shape his kid isn’t playing. Bam, you got yourself a new team, just like half of the current 8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with the mid Atlantic team at Warrior?

The smart ones saved their money and are waiting a couple of years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ive seen the roster for Warrior the last two years and if you call you kid an All American - you are a joke!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will have more kids at tryouts on August 3rd - True or AYLC ?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All you need these days to start a team is a group of unhappy parents, and a coach on the wrong sideline who is bent out of shape his kid isn’t playing. Bam, you got yourself a new team, just like half of the current 8.

https://trwlax.com/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ive seen the roster for Warrior the last two years and if you call you kid an All American - you are a joke!!!!!

Feel better now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can post your roster so some of the dads can check it an approve for us and sign off on if you are good enough to be here. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is True making an Annapolis team, or just holding a round of tryouts in Annapolis?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can post your roster so some of the dads can check it an approve for us and sign off on if you are good enough to be here. Thanks

0 Tim Troutner G
1 Marcus Holman A
1 Mike CoachC M
2 Scott Ratliff LSM
4 Will Manny A
5 Matt Kavanagh A
9 Trevor Baptiste FO
12 Jack Concannon G
13 Tyler Warner M
14 Justin Guterding A
15 Myles Jones M
18 Kyle Harrison M
22 Josh Byrne A
22 Ned Crotty M
22 Ryan Drenner A
26 Tom Schreiber M
43 Matthew Landis D
51 Tucker Durkin D
52 Garrett Epple D
81 Kyle Hartzell LSM
88 Jarrod Neumann D
99 Paul Rabil M

Here ya go. This is our 2026 team. OK so a few of these are summer birthdays. They will all be entering the correct grade so don't complain if your boys can't hang it is not an age based league. A few make be shaving but most took a preK year. The only HOCO rule is that they did not play on a HS JV team this spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0 Tim Troutner G
1 Marcus Holman A
1 Mike CoachC M
2 Scott Ratliff LSM
4 Will Manny A
5 Matt Kavanagh A
9 Trevor Baptiste FO
12 Jack Concannon G
13 Tyler Warner M
14 Justin Guterding A
15 Myles Jones M
18 Kyle Harrison M
22 Josh Byrne A
22 Ned Crotty M
22 Ryan Drenner A
26 Tom Schreiber M
43 Matthew Landis D
51 Tucker Durkin D
52 Garrett Epple D
81 Kyle Hartzell LSM
88 Jarrod Neumann D
99 Paul Rabil M

Here ya go. This is our 2026 team. OK so a few of these are summer birthdays. They will all be entering the correct grade so don't complain if your boys can't hang it is not an age based league. A few make be shaving but most took a preK year. The only HOCO rule is that they did not play on a HS JV team this spring

Hmm, Long Islanders going to be upset by some of those hold backs!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is True making an Annapolis team, or just holding a round of tryouts in Annapolis?

From the emails there will be a True Annapolis and then a True MD team. Lots of good things about the True program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over it. You son couldn't cut the mustard..HIT THE WALL !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0 Tim Troutner G
1 Marcus Holman A
1 Mike CoachC M
2 Scott Ratliff LSM
4 Will Manny A
5 Matt Kavanagh A
9 Trevor Baptiste FO
12 Jack Concannon G
13 Tyler Warner M
14 Justin Guterding A
15 Myles Jones M
18 Kyle Harrison M
22 Josh Byrne A
22 Ned Crotty M
22 Ryan Drenner A
26 Tom Schreiber M
43 Matthew Landis D
51 Tucker Durkin D
52 Garrett Epple D
81 Kyle Hartzell LSM
88 Jarrod Neumann D
99 Paul Rabil M

Witty and funny. Ok, you can stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It had nothing to do with cutting the mustard. I was there, if your kid could cut a fart they would have taken him. I went against every sensible warning given to me and the lax was pathetic. I am 100% honest in there are rec teams my kid played on that could have beaten the "Mid Atlantic All American" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It had nothing to do with cutting the mustard. I was there, if your kid could cut a fart they would have taken him. I went against every sensible warning given to me and the lax was pathetic. I am 100% honest in there are rec teams my kid played on that could have beaten the "Mid Atlantic All American" team.

All the players/coaches from the top teams in mid atlantic teams are at the beach since early July. Shame on me for wasting my money and not having my son joining these teams until now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the players/coaches from the top teams in mid atlantic teams are at the beach since early July. Shame on me for wasting my money and not having my son joining these teams until now.

You tell em big guy!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it didnt . Have him, HIT THE WALL !!! That will have him ready for next year and stop your moaning while giving you something to bragg about !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it didnt . Have him, HIT THE WALL !!! That will have him ready for next year and stop your moaning while giving you something to bragg about !

Yeah, you told me. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you take kids from Diamondbacks, AYLC, and mix in a few - you get TRUE or ALL In

Diluting talented teams even more

Good luck at tryouts this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, heard there were 73 kids trying out for True Lacrosse today, had all the studs from all the big programs from the DMV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Knew those MD kids were all older...now they are recruiting kids from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, heard there were 73 kids trying out for True Lacrosse today, had all the studs from all the big programs from the DMV.

I was there. You need to go back to math class if you think there were that many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids tryout for true???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids tryout for true???

Half of the Diamondbacks team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard there were crabs helmets at quite a few tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't quit your day job.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard