BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: 2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great idea. imagine someone putting it together for an exclusive charity event... like the lax tournaments were orinially designed to do...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue 2017 scheduled at least trips south to play the Crabs this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of the U13 Express vs the Crabs U13? Was it a good game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you need to look at the individuals coming out of Long Island and not focus on the teams. Maryland has one true premier program. The top players from the Baltimore area all follow in Rabil's footsteps and play for the Crabs. Every other club, Green Turtles, Breakers, etc. are all "safety schools". On the other hand, Long Island's elite teams are dilluted and spread throughout six or seven programs with all of the clubs fighting for the best kids. I think if a combination of the Brine All-stars North & South teams played together for a while, you would have a similar Crabs-like product.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 to 5 crabs. One goal game till the last seconds...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score was 8-6 crabs. Great game but the refs made it closer then it should have been.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs made it closer? Are you kidding? It was an evenly called game to say the least. The crab goalie won the game with a bunch of great saves...

Crabs are a good team and can play with anyone, but no one needs your "blame the ref" nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The score was 8-6 crabs. Great game but the refs made it closer then it should have been.
This is actually brilliant - in two successive posts, we have two posters claiming the score was either 7-5 or 8-6. Two people watching the same game and cannot agree on the final score. If not for the fact that it was a one goal game with an "open cage" goal on the end, chances are that there would have even been more of a discrepancy.

This is just one example as to why the results should be phoned into a central location and recorded. Not only to keep track of these individual games, but to allow the teams to build a proper portfolio of results for future tournaments and, dare we say it, rankings within their age groups.

Imagine if the teams were bracketed properly before the start of the season which would then allow schedules to be constructed at the start of a season for the whole season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you need to look at the individuals coming out of Long Island and not focus on the teams. Maryland has one true premier program. The top players from the Baltimore area all follow in Rabil's footsteps and play for the Crabs. Every other club, Green Turtles, Breakers, etc. are all "safety schools". On the other hand, Long Island's elite teams are dilluted and spread throughout six or seven programs with all of the clubs fighting for the best kids. I think if a combination of the Brine All-stars North & South teams played together for a while, you would have a similar Crabs-like product.

Interesting point. Dissecting your comment, there exists a team on LI that is a "crab like" product. They are called the Turtles. With reference to Brine, the north team consists of something like 15 turtles and two former.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
This is actually brilliant - in two successive posts, we have two posters claiming the score was either 7-5 or 8-6. Two people watching the same game and cannot agree on the final score. If not for the fact that it was a one goal game with an "open cage" goal on the end, chances are that there would have even been more of a discrepancy.

This is just one example as to why the results should be phoned into a central location and recorded. Not only to keep track of these individual games, but to allow the teams to build a proper portfolio of results for future tournaments and, dare we say it, rankings within their age groups.

Imagine if the teams were bracketed properly before the start of the season which would then allow schedules to be constructed at the start of a season for the whole season.

I am from Long Island, my son plays for a LI Club Team (he is younger than the 2017 and 2018 teams I have read about). I havent followed all of the Crabs games, scores, whether they are older or younger, bigger or smaller than our kids, whether the refs call it in their favor or ours. I am not even sure whether the Crabs sent one team or two but it appears to me that two things happened, the Crabs won every game or close to it that they played against LI and that perhaps some LI teams even ducked them? I hope I am wrong and no I am not a Crabs parent, I am just curious as I thought the best lacrosee was played on LI as a matter of fact I preached it to my friends in PA and FL. Please tell me that the Crabs didnt come to LI and beat all of our best teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am from Long Island, my son plays for a LI Club Team (he is younger than the 2017 and 2018 teams I have read about). I havent followed all of the Crabs games, scores, whether they are older or younger, bigger or smaller than our kids, whether the refs call it in their favor or ours. I am not even sure whether the Crabs sent one team or two but it appears to me that two things happened, the Crabs won every game or close to it that they played against LI and that perhaps some LI teams even ducked them? I hope I am wrong and no I am not a Crabs parent, I am just curious as I thought the best lacrosee was played on LI as a matter of fact I preached it to my friends in PA and FL. Please tell me that the Crabs didnt come to LI and beat all of our best teams?

Easy with the drama... If you know anything about lacrosse you would know the Baltimore area and the crabs are also a "hot bed" and have very good programs. Any day a team from the area can compete with a team from Long Island. Doesn't mean Long Island lacrosse is weak.

You will hear of games with 91 , turtles etc going down there and sweeping a weekend also. Doesn't mean lacrosse played down in Baltimore is weak either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting point. Dissecting your comment, there exists a team on LI that is a "crab like" product. They are called the Turtles. With reference to Brine, the north team consists of something like 15 turtles and two former.

Yeah, and only 5 belong on the brine north team. If you go by the tryout, your boy made sure the WHOLE team was kept together! Wake up from your dream. That Brine thing was the most blatant politically swindle every.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the world of youth club lacrosse, LI 8th graders average 13 or 14 years old - MD 8th graders have learners permits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy with the drama... If you know anything about lacrosse you would know the Baltimore area and the crabs are also a "hot bed" and have very good programs. Any day a team from the area can compete with a team from Long Island. Doesn't mean Long Island lacrosse is weak.

You will hear of games with 91 , turtles etc going down there and sweeping a weekend also. Doesn't mean lacrosse played down in Baltimore is weak either.

No drama and I know LI lacrosse well. My only point is that as I scanned these posts it appears that the crabs came here and beat all or almost all LI teams which surprised me. Again my son isn't of the age but I thought turtles, terps, some 91 teams, team LI were the best in their age group. And I agree on any given day one very good team can get the better of another ver good team. That's is why I was surprised that it appears the crabs swept LI. Again, no drama. Not disrespecting LI lax, just surprising. Are the crabs by far the best MD teams or are there other programs comparable. I m aware MD has great lacrosse I just wasn't aware that their youth club lax was as strong as ours.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ok so maybe we are closing the Gap....quickly. Lasalle high school has 14 Div 1 commits. Haverford is 2 years removed as the national champions. Malvern prep will be a contender this year. As more PA guys get into the Division 1 coaching ranks you will see the shift. There are so many kids that get over looked because they don't have an in through a relationship. Dukes is notoriously the best club in the country, Dukes HHH is a very strong u15, Freedom has a few strong programs, 2019's played in the Dicks national as well as the 2017. We will get there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you implying the Brine South team for LI is all weak players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I dont understand all the confusion. Maryland is and has always been a hotbed of lacrosse. Why is anyone suprised that the Crabs came up here and beat up on a few of our teams. The Crabs draw the best kids in Maryland just as the Express draws the best kids on Long Island. I bet the Turtles and Crabs would be an epic game to watch. There are other hotbeds emerging as well, NJ, PA and CT all have excellent lacrosse and are rapidly catching up. Long Island will always be a hotbed and will always be deep with talented la players, but I dont know why anyone is suprised that we are not the king of the mountain in every age group. Perfect example is this past weekends Top Rank tournament. A team from Rumsen, NJ came in and beat West Islip, Syosset and Garden City to win the 8th grade division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, and only 5 belong on the brine north team. If you go by the tryout, your boy made sure the WHOLE team was kept together! Wake up from your dream. That Brine thing was the most blatant politically swindle every.

Not sure what you are referring to as my boy. I just did some due dilligence and compared the turtle roster to the brine roster. The turtles are tried and true and can never be accepted in they eyes of people like you. Your're not that disgruntled guy from GC who left that team are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like that is exactly what he is implying. Still...it stands to reason and to recollect that there was a certain turtle who wasn't even on the call back list who happened to appear over night like magic on the website and another who wasn't even select to the main "culled" field, who the some how made the call back and then the north list.

There weren't any others from any other team who might have surpassed these two individuals, yet somehow were excluded from the north team?

Interesting. food for thought. Provocative thought at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you read that? Just said there was a team to compete with crabs who happen to have a majority on then north team. Don't worry I'm sure your kid will shine on south

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many players on the turtles play lacrosse exclusively? I'll bet its half, and the crabs even more than half their platers are dedicated to lacrosse in the 8th grade...

you will see the rest (at least the next 2-4 teams) of the "field" of club teams catch up to the turtles on size and athletics very shortly...
On my son's club team, there all play at least one other school sport...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they played the terps black... and the crabs won a close game... i didnt see them play the turtles, and i would love to see how the Crabs would fair against the True Blue goons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really haven't concerned myself with Maryland age thing until this week. I was watching the Albany/JH game. Wells Stanwick scored a goal. The commentator said the 21 year old Sophomore scores. I know that I started school at the age of four, turned five in October of that year. I started my senior year at the age of 16, and my sophomore year of college at the age of 18. I turned 19 during the year.......

That my friends is the difference between a Maryland 2017 and Long Island 2017 team. Nothing else needs to be said.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the Brine teams were corrupted by a couple of coaches (we know which two, JM and JD) who assigned players from their teams to play on the North team. The Brine teams will never work as long as coaches with their own agenda are picking the teams. Last year it was a pleasure having the boys play together for a college coach without interference from outsiders. Unfortunately that will not be the case this year!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im surprised the discussion went this long before the little reptiles were mentioned. I guess the discussions monitors for the little reptiles was sleeping.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would have been nice if players were not wearing their travel club helmets and were asked to try out all wearing white helmets. As a parent of a pole from outside LI who tried out and didn't make it, the process seemed flawed. My son IMHO was NOT in the top 6 or 8 poles trying out, some really good talent, and should have not made the cut. There were at least 30 poles trying out, but in the end, the team was divided by helmets with the reality they could have chosen any of the top 10 or so and not lost much.

Let's understand the Brine event,and the guy who runs it, is a money grab who makes all his dough on the front end with the try out fees so the actual event (like most) is not all its cracked up to be unless your son enjoys playing against "kids" from Georgia and Alabama in the 95 degree heat of a MD Summer. He wants the top end LI kids to go to validate his tourney and keep the $$ rolling in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Darn straight - lots of folks are gaming the system more concerned if little/now big Johnny is going to play D1, even if he graduates college by the age of 24.

Especially true at younger levels which is why you need birth year teams - not U13 but '99, '00, '01. Let's see how the "oversized" 7th and 8th grader competes against kids his own age - like frosh/soph HS.

So happy to see Hopkins losing - what motivation does Little/Big Johnny have to get better if he is given his prize at 15. System is beyond broken at the top which is why the Loyolas of the world will be more common place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm, not much talk of OBLL here huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one can deny the talent level of Turtles but can they please start wearing big boy uniforms? Those Teenage Ninja Halloween costumes are starting to look a little silly on 14yr olds, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No drama and I know LI lacrosse well. My only point is that as I scanned these posts it appears that the crabs came here and beat all or almost all LI teams which surprised me. Again my son isn't of the age but I thought turtles, terps, some 91 teams, team LI were the best in their age group. And I agree on any given day one very good team can get the better of another ver good team. That's is why I was surprised that it appears the crabs swept LI. Again, no drama. Not disrespecting LI lax, just surprising. Are the crabs by far the best MD teams or are there other programs comparable. I m aware MD has great lacrosse I just wasn't aware that their youth club lax was as strong as ours.

The crabs didn't sweep LI. The U 13 team beat a westchester team an express by 1 an 2 goals but lost to 91 by 6. They didn't play the 2018 TLI because they were too busy playing the u 15 crabs team.Terps 2017 black played the U 15 crabs team tough, but in reality terps Black is closer to a U 14 team. If you want to match the teams up correctly the crabs should have been playing the Barracudas or the Outlaw 2017. Then you would see how LI stacks up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long does the OBL run? how many games are played?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 games, not sure over how many weeks with Memorial Day in there plus Easter.. maybe over 12/13 weeks... but maybe less becasue sometimes you have a double-dip in there..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long does the OBL run? how many games are played?

Most teams play about 10 games. If you play for the express you play alot more than that. It runs until the middle of May.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one can deny the talent level of Turtles but can they please start wearing big boy uniforms? Those Teenage Ninja Halloween costumes are starting to look a little silly on 14yr olds, no?

Much better than the apron your wife makes you put on when cleaning the house...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do look silly...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do look silly...
Not a lot of teams laughing AFTER games against them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like that is exactly what he is implying. Still...it stands to reason and to recollect that there was a certain turtle who wasn't even on the call back list who happened to appear over night like magic on the website and another who wasn't even select to the main "culled" field, who the some how made the call back and then the north list.

There weren't any others from any other team who might have surpassed these two individuals, yet somehow were excluded from the north team?

Interesting. food for thought. Provocative thought at that.

CORRECT. Like many have said in reference to this topic, who is the #1 retailer for BRINE lacrosse equipment in the good ole USA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs U13 and U15 is a true U xx teams. All players are age appropriate for US Lacrosse. 2013 Spring Season, U15 born on or after September 1, 1997, U13 born on or after September 1, 1999.

This is also true for all of the NPYLL teams such as Breakers, Hawks, etc..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs U13 and U15 is a true U xx teams. All players are age appropriate for US Lacrosse. 2013 Spring Season, U15 born on or after September 1, 1997, U13 born on or after September 1, 1999.

Ok, right!!! Do you guys have to submit BIRTH CERTIFICATES to play in NPYLL?? Or is it the old honest system that is NOT honest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just check NYPLL site, NOTHING about Birth Certificates. As I thought.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard