BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse - Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This thread will be used for all league information and discussion regarding the Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse program for Spring 2013.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse - Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The first two weeks of the schedule have now been posted:

Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Schedule - Master Lisitng

Games will be played on the following dates :

Sunday, April 7th
Sunday, April 14th
Sunday, April 21st
Sunday, April 28th
Sunday, May 5th
Sunday, May 12th (Mothers Day)
Saturday, May 19rd
Sunday, June 2nd

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #1 Schedule (April 7th)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the "red" and "Blue" mean? there are towns labeled as Red that do not have that color in their scheme, same goes for teams labeled as Blue???

Please help. One week left and it is vacation week, many families need to make arrangements for their families between boys games girls games (dare i say baseball/softball).

Originally Posted by CageSage
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #1 Schedule (April 7th)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does the "red" and "Blue" mean? there are towns labeled as Red that do not have that color in their scheme, same goes for teams labeled as Blue???

Please help. One week left and it is vacation week, many families need to make arrangements for their families between boys games girls games (dare i say baseball/softball).
For the red and blue designations, you will need to speak with your club unless a poster on BOTC has some information. Given that many clubs have these designations, we cannot assume that the reasoning is the same across the board.

As for Baseball and Softball, are you aware of Back of THE PLATE ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the red and blue designations, you will need to speak with your club unless a poster on BOTC has some information. Given that many clubs have these designations, we cannot assume that the reasoning is the same across the board.

At one time Blue, White and Red (in that order) designated A, B and C teams to allow for more balanced scheduling. However, I'm not sure that's the case anymore - definitely not how the games were scheduled last year. Also, as an example, I'm not from ESM but my understanding is that they try to make 2 equal teams, but they are called Blue and Red where they have 2 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red is the A team (better team)
Blue is the B or C team (beginner team)
Hopefully your town got it right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

whether balanced teams or not - So true, hoping your town got it right!

If this is ture, Cage can you confirm if this is how all of SCCL is labeled. I cant get a hold of them, vacation week and all. I am sure you have better contacts.

I along with many others on here would tend to believe a post with a "CAGE" stamp on it rather than an anonymous post.

Thanks, Appreciate all you do!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW, really. We were told that you could not do an a,b,c this year. Now that is a shame. Hope that is not true or our director is a tool!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW, really. We were told that you could not do an a,b,c this year. Now that is a shame. Hope that is not true or our director is a tool!!!!

Our director said there will be A/B/C but do what you want.

It just so happens that most of the better girls live next to each other so those girls will be A and the other team either B or C. But it is my job as the C coach to make sure if we did split them next year by A/B/C it will be a hard task.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think it makes a difference. If you look at the schedule of the two frist weeks some teams from 2-7/8 are playing Blue vs Red so I am not sure if it really makes a difference.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #2 Schedule (April 14th)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI - I checked with a representative from the SCGL and was told that colors are used only to distinguish between two or more teams from the same town in the same grade - and have no bearing on skill level. They were assigned by the Town coordinators, who also assigned a skill level to each team - A, B or C. SCGL then used the skill levels they were given (and sometimes geography) to form divisions within each grade and make the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's actually the opposite. Blue is the A team, White is B, and Red is C. That is how our town did it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's actually the opposite. Blue is the A team, White is B, and Red is C. That is how our town did it.

It really is not that hard to figure out what division you are for the most part playing in.Feel free to ask but just name the age group and i am sure people on this forum can tell you what division you are in A B C if you care to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7/8th

It doesnt make any sense if the color scheme changes per each grade, but if it is

It really is not that hard to figure out what division you are for the most part playing in.Feel free to ask but just name the age group and i am sure people on this forum can tell you what division you are in A B C if you care to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7/8th

all of these towns have at least one grade with multi colors...
3v
bs
Connt
ESM
MC
MP
rIVERHEAD
smith
WEST BAB

It doesnt make any sense if the color scheme changes per each grade, but if it is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of y'all seem to be missing the point. While some towns may have used color to designate A B C, its not used at all for game scheduling. Coaches were asked the level that their team was at. SCGL used this info in the scheduling of teams ( all two weeks worth that they got done). There seems to be no hard line boundries of divisions, just used more to try to schedule teams for games to be competitive. The LIJS soccer model of hard divisions seems to be ideal, the probllem with lacrosse is that not enough girls play in the leauge to do this effectively, so the teams A B or C tags by coaches are more of a loose guideline. That being said, hopefully a A team should never play a C.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well put. This poor parent who is so fixated on the color. You will figure it out as the season goes. If you are desperate to know what level your daughter is player then ask. Simply designed to make fair competitive games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7/8th

Sorry you would need to give a team and what age and I am sure you can figure it out.6th grade level teams like middle country red, Riverhead red, rocky point, mount Sinai are in A division ,all you need to do is then look at the teams they are playing and you can figure it out.Teams like WH, North Fork, east Hampton etc. In B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well put. This poor parent who is so fixated on the color. You will figure it out as the season goes. If you are desperate to know what level your daughter is player then ask. Simply designed to make fair competitive games.

Whomever is asking (parent or coaches) I am sure they are to ensure the level of play will be as even as possible. If you are saying its all "semantics" and color doesnt matter, then why not use the color schemes of the towns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope the fact the full schedule isn't out is because they want to align the girls as best as best as possible. Just watched my daughters 5th grade team get beat up by another team and it was obvious they were misplaced. Their coach said he was going to speak to his coordinator to get his team placed in the higher division. Wouldn't want to be them if its not changed. Their games will be useless and non competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after week one did any teams stand out , any grade? how did teams do in relation to the strong teams mentioned earlier in this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible for towns to add teams for the remaining 6 games? There are some very large teams out there..........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible for towns to add teams for the remaining 6 games? There are some very large teams out there..........

I wish...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after week one did any teams stand out , any grade? how did teams do in relation to the strong teams mentioned earlier in this thread.

The back and forth comparing teams is bad enough on the travel team threads - let's not start that here. Especially after only one week!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't think that anything bad was meant. On the contrary it was meant just for teams to play equal competition. This way every team gets the most out of their games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't think that anything bad was meant. On the contrary it was meant just for teams to play equal competition. This way every team gets the most out of their games.

I don't think that was the intention either, but it always seems to go that way. Besides, debating team strength on here isn't going to change the schedule once it comes out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems as if this is a bigger issue than thought. No one wants SCGL to be travel but they do want to play equal competition; be it for skilled teams or developing. Why cant people see it that way.

Whomever is asking (parent or coaches) I am sure they are to ensure the level of play will be as even as possible. If you are saying its all "semantics" and color doesnt matter, then why not use the color schemes of the towns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let someone know when is the schedule going to be posted for the rest of the season. At the very least the next 2 weeks. Parents have plans to make. Most families have to coordinate between other siblings and other sports.

Please help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let someone know when is the schedule going to be posted for the rest of the season. At the very least the next 2 weeks. Parents have plans to make. Most families have to coordinate between other siblings and other sports.

Please help.

I was told they are hoping to post it this weekend - waiting for some of the town coordinators to provide start times for their home games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let go, does anyone now where they are going next week?
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know
Let go, does anyone now where they are going next week?
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 3 is posted

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #3 Schedule (April 21st)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see this weeks but we need the season. enoughs nough already
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #3 Schedule (April 21st)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 4 is up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the rest of the weeks. If you need help reach out to the towns to see if anyone is willing to help. Do you realize you are holding families captive for Mother's Day and other lifestyle events that happen in the Spring.

Week 4 is up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the rest of the weeks. If you need help reach out to the towns to see if anyone is willing to help. Do you realize you are holding families captive for Mother's Day and other lifestyle events that happen in the Spring.

Week 4 is up.

This happend last year too. I know the league director passed away last year so it was understandable that they trickled out the schedule. Thought they might have it figured out for this year. I think it is time for a girls travel league to form for spring outdoors. Most "travel teams" are based on summer tournaments, no formal league play. Could travel teams be formed just for a spring league?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard