BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by WeAreAllCrazy
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If this is correct, Hawks will easily win this tournament. They just dominated the Maryland Howard County League like a hot knife through butter.

I don't know about easily, but I did catch part of their Saturday game and all of their Sunday game this weekend when I was watching my nephew play for Looney's. They are a very good team. Not sure my son's 2025 team could beat them. That is not meant as a prompt for LI dad and his hold back comments!!

Lots of good teams in the tournament, didn't Laxachussetts beat the Hawks last summer? Way premature to crown the Hawks champs of any summer tournament.

Not sure about last summer. Their team is better than last year from what I've seen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express team that was a Blatant this weekend, is their Coach the St A's coach?

No

[quote=Anonymous]The Express team that was a Blatant this weekend, is their Coach the St A's coach?

Yes it is. Coach Wieczorek.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays with the Hawks. He is 12. My understanding is that NY graduates at a year younger than Maryland. That is the reason for the age discrepancy. The boys all graduate in 2026 though. As far as hold backs (meaning 13 year olds) I don't know the age of at least 3/4 of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays with the Hawks. He is 12. My understanding is that NY graduates at a year younger than Maryland. That is the reason for the age discrepancy. The boys all graduate in 2026 though. As far as hold backs (meaning 13 year olds) I don't know the age of at least 3/4 of the team.

Do the kids on the hawks team qualify for WSYL in 2 years? If not, then yes, holdbacks. No 12 year olds on LI teams. Kids aged 9-11 on 2026 LI teams.

Not a coincidence that Annapolis Hawks (and most MD teams) NEVER show up to WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the kids on the hawks team qualify for WSYL in 2 years? If not, then yes, holdbacks. No 12 year olds on LI teams. Kids aged 9-11 on 2026 LI teams.

Not a coincidence that Annapolis Hawks (and most MD teams) NEVER show up to WSYL.

Can you be a hold back if you were never held back?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a Maryland team with a late September birthday. He is 11. Maryland public school cutoff is 9/1. So on our team we have 10 boys born before 9/1 and 10 boys after. So technically we have 50% holdbacks. We are a middle of the road 2026 Elite team.

Just over half our boys are in private school. There you have it. Long Island teams at a disadvantage until 9th grade.

From Maryland public schools website

AGE & ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: 2018-19

Children age 5 by September 1, 2018, and not age 21 on the first day of school are eligible for enrollment in MCPS for the 2018-19 school year.

Prekindergarten, age 4 by September 1
Kindergarten, age 5 by September 1
First grade, age 6 by September 1

I’m not a big fan of LI parents but they are correct. Until we move to BIRTH YEAR youth lacrosse this is the reality. I don’t like it either but any Maryland parent defending the fact that their 12 year old fifth grader is not an intentional or unintentional holdback is wrong.

Now that the no contact before 9/1 junior legislation is in place there is NO reason for youth graduation year based lacrosse teams. Blame it on the Howard County league that has always been in the back pocket of the Baltimore clubs that feed the MIAA conference.

So when the Hawks parents claim there are no 12 year olds on their team I call BS on that. When any Maryland Elite level team claims there are no 12 year olds on their team is it definitely BS.

And yes, that is why no team from our club has been to WSYL since our 2021 team did back before WSYL changed their cutoff date. And we will never go again.

On age Maryland kids that want to play in WSYL need to jump on an eligible team with in 100 miles that is looking for more good kids to attend. That is how it’s done.

BBL in New Jersey has a specific WSYL tryout in the spring. So they slap their 2026 and 2027 teams together and hope to attract a few more good stragglers.

Last summers Next Level team had several really good kids join after the tryout dates. You can do that as long as you play with the team in two spring tournaments and the club is within 100 miles of your home. Obviously there is room for abuse there as well.

So it is a testament to how skilled the LI boys are since they are younger but can still hang with these older 2026 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

[ChillLaxin]!! You aren’t on the Hawks with your 12 year old! There is not a 12 year old the team!! Stop trying to start garbage you lost!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call your BS but YOU ARE WRONG!!!!
There is not a 12 year old on the Hawks 26 team!!!! Show those boys the respect they deserve!!! They work their freaking jerks off!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call your BS but YOU ARE WRONG!!!!
There is not a 12 year old on the Hawks 26 team!!!! Show those boys the respect they deserve!!! They work their freaking jerks off!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAHA, nice try LI Dad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a bigger advantage that MD teams have over LI teams is that they play in a club spring league together. By the time summer comes around, they have 20+ games together between fall and spring league. That is a bigger advantage than being a few months older on average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

[ChillLaxin]!! You aren’t on the Hawks with your 12 year old! There is not a 12 year old the team!! Stop trying to start garbage you lost!!!

PREACH!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is correct, Hawks will easily win this tournament. They just dominated the Maryland Howard County League like a hot knife through butter.

I don't know about easily, but I did catch part of their Saturday game and all of their Sunday game this weekend when I was watching my nephew play for Looney's. They are a very good team. Not sure my son's 2025 team could beat them. That is not meant as a prompt for LI dad and his hold back comments!!

Thank you! Classy, classy move giving credit to the Hawks 2026 team. They truly do work their tails off and are a team... of 10/11 year old boys! Looneys played a great game against Team 91 and earned their spot in the championship! Your nephew should be proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a Maryland team with a late September birthday. He is 11. Maryland public school cutoff is 9/1. So on our team we have 10 boys born before 9/1 and 10 boys after. So technically we have 50% holdbacks. We are a middle of the road 2026 Elite team.

Just over half our boys are in private school. There you have it. Long Island teams at a disadvantage until 9th grade.

Children age 5 by September 1, 2018, and not age 21 on the first day of school are eligible for enrollment in MCPS for the 2018-19 school year.

I’m not a big fan of LI parents but they are correct. Until we move to BIRTH YEAR youth lacrosse this is the reality. I don’t like it either but any Maryland parent defending the fact that their 12 year old fifth grader is not an intentional or unintentional holdback is wrong.

Now that the no contact before 9/1 junior legislation is in place there is NO reason for youth graduation year based lacrosse teams. Blame it on the Howard County league that has always been in the back pocket of the Baltimore clubs that feed the MIAA conference.

So when the Hawks parents claim there are no 12 year olds on their team I call BS on that. When any Maryland Elite level team claims there are no 12 year olds on their team is it definitely BS.

And yes, that is why no team from our club has been to WSYL since our 2021 team did back before WSYL changed their cutoff date. And we will never go again.

On age Maryland kids that want to play in WSYL need to jump on an eligible team with in 100 miles that is looking for more good kids to attend. That is how it’s done.

BBL in New Jersey has a specific WSYL tryout in the spring. So they slap their 2026 and 2027 teams together and hope to attract a few more good stragglers.

Last summers Next Level team had several really good kids join after the tryout dates. You can do that as long as you play with the team in two spring tournaments and the club is within 100 miles of your home. Obviously there is room for abuse there as well.

So it is a testament to how skilled the LI boys are since they are younger but can still hang with these older 2026 teams.

You are insane!!!!!! There are NO 12 year olds on the 2026 Annapolis Hawks team! This is becoming a darn joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It might be true that there are no CURRENT 12 year old boys on the Hawks but Im sure there are some boys that will turn 12 before 9/1/2019. The is the definition of Holdback!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express team that was a Blatant this weekend, is their Coach the St A's coac[quote=Anonymous]The Express team that was a Blatant this weekend, is their Coach the St A's coach?

Yes it was. The St Anthony’s varsity coach is the coach of the 2026 express B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are insane!!!!!! There are NO 12 year olds on the 2026 Annapolis Hawks team! This is becoming a darn joke.

So why no Hawks at the WSYL?? Same reason no MD girls at the U15 Nationals. Hold backs baby!! Case closed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why no Hawks at the WSYL?? Same reason no MD girls at the U15 Nationals. Hold backs baby!! Case closed!

Or perhaps they don’t go because the owner of the Hawks also runs a more competitive tournament in there backyard at about the same time. WSYL is not the most competitive field, fun experience for the kids but don’t act like the only possible reason not to attend is the age of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naptown is a very competitive High School Tournament but a lame youth tournament. WSYL has team 91 LI and LI Express and those are typically the two best youth teams in the country in seventh grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 out of 5 Eastern qualifiers were from MD last year. That includes competition from VA, PA and NJ. NY is in the eastern region where they easily have the most talent. Its safe to say that LI has a big advantage in their population with such a concentration of people. I watched last year and recall the announcers talking about a player in the finals that traveled from Manhattan to LI Express practices. I believe his name was Rockefeller, so maybe he took a helicopter to avoid that brutal commute.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naptown is a very competitive High School Tournament but a lame youth tournament. WSYL has team 91 LI and LI Express and those are typically the two best youth teams in the country in seventh grade.

And both are teams the Hawks don’t have to fly to Denver to play. WSYL has done an outstanding job of marketing and building hype around the tournament without question. But please don’t try to say it’s the best field of 7th grade teams. There are other tournaments with much harder fields of teams. Just look at the performance of the 2022 Diamondbacks at the WSYL two years ago to prove that point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MD qualifiers were weak teams. The reason Long Island teams are so good is that they have an incredible youth program and they are age eligible. Most of the really good Maryland teams are not age eligible. Simple as that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or perhaps they don’t go because the owner of the Hawks also runs a more competitive tournament in there backyard at about the same time. WSYL is not the most competitive field, fun experience for the kids but don’t act like the only possible reason not to attend is the age of players.

I wish the Hawks would just admit it.... How many kids were born in 2007? 2026 means Jan 1, 2008 birthdate or later according to public schools on Long Island. How many kids were born before 9/1/2007? That is the cutoff for US Lacrosse, WSYL. We all know the truth, just admit the numbers and all will be fine...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish the Hawks would just admit it.... How many kids were born in 2007? 2026 means Jan 1, 2008 birthdate or later according to public schools on Long Island. How many kids were born before 9/1/2007? That is the cutoff for US Lacrosse, WSYL. We all know the truth, just admit the numbers and all will be fine...

Well my kids eligible. See you in a few weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax was caught cheating in the Maryland spring league. They had a team with 5th and 6th graders and put them in a division just for 5th graders. Got called out during the playoffs and were disqualified.

So not only do they have reclassed kids on every team, they illegally play down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax was caught cheating in the Maryland spring league. They had a team with 5th and 6th graders and put them in a division just for 5th graders. Got called out during the playoffs and were disqualified.

So not only do they have reclassed kids on every team, they illegally play down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes the express b team coach is the St Anthonys coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true. The team had 17 registered fifth graders for the entire season. They brought in 7 sixth graders for a semi final game. Keep in mind that this was not 2026 Elite. It was 2026A. Three levels down from elite. Madlax is a garbage program and they are cheaters.

And if you are part of this program you are guilty by association.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Children born between September 1, 2007- August 31, 2008 in Maryland are 2026. This isn’t lax holding kids back - it is the law in Maryland and many other states as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 3rd grade teams playing this weekend. June is upon us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not illegal, let’s not get over dramatic here. It’s kiddie lacrosse. It’s a violation of a tournament rule. My goodness what a cry baby you must be raising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea when schedule for NLF Opening Weekend will be released?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we will have birth certificates being showed at NLF - will kids not show because they are too old?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we will have birth certificates being showed at NLF - will kids not show because they are too old?

Make sure you put it in a safe place and don’t lose it.🙄

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you put it in a safe place and don’t lose it.🙄

If we showed birth certificates to show they are all on age, then what excuse would you use?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NLF Opening weekend out. Looks like a great group of teams. Should be some good battles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 vs Laxachusetts in the Finals and like most teams in NE another Championship comes home

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 VS HAWKS IN FINAL,, CHAMPIONSHIP COMES HOME TO THE BEST LAX IN THE COUNTRY MD !

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looks like the White division is the much tougher of the two. Laxachusetts, Annapolis, LI Express and Bethesda could be seeded 1-4 (not necessarily in that order). Does Team 91 put together the schedules?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tigers vs Hawks.

Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard