BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 116 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2023 in NGLL A.
What are some good camps and the camps we should avoid?
I feel like we have grown out of any camps that offer middle school ages.
We are looking at
Maximum exposure
Univ of Maryland
Penn State
UA Command

How does this look? Possibly missing anything?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a 2023 in NGLL A.
We are looking at
Maximum exposure
Univ of Maryland
Penn State
UA Command

Save your money. Too early to worry about recruiting camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2023 in NGLL A.
We are looking at
Maximum exposure
Univ of Maryland
Penn State
UA Command

I agree. Save your money. With recruiting change, your rising freshman won’t get looked at. If she is NGLL A, then my guess is her summer is filled with tournaments. That will be plenty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2023 in NGLL A.
We are looking at
Maximum exposure
Univ of Maryland
Penn State
UA Command

I agree. Save your money. With recruiting change, your rising freshman won’t get looked at. If she is NGLL A, then my guess is her summer is filled with tournaments. That will be plenty.

skip the camps. have her tryout for the UA Command team. see how she compares to some of the best of the 22/23 classes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite a surprise St. Paul's getting to finals against McDonogh. The last game between them went to double OT. St. Paul's have a real chance at an upset?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing game by St Pauls and McDonogh in the IAAM Conference A Championship on Saturday. Double overtime win by McDonogh but could have been won by either team. Packed stands at Gerstell Academy for the game. Beautiful campus. Goalie for St Pauls was a lockdown stud. Maryland high school girls lacrosse have such tremendous athletes.
Lax On !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MG has a young team at SPSG. She'll be back next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MG has a young team at SPSG. She'll be back next year

But someone told me NDP hair the best sophomore class in the country?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour Baltimore - I hear the numbers of girls tryout out yesterday were down significantly versus last year, especially for the older team. This was the must do event of the summer for the last several years. Why are the numbers down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour Baltimore - I hear the numbers of girls tryout out yesterday were down significantly versus last year, especially for the older team. This was the must do event of the summer for the last several years. Why are the numbers down?

It's not the recruiting tournament it claims to be and it's just another money grab for Corrigan Sports . had a daughter tryout for the command team the last year and this year and there was a big difference in the process from last year to this year. more evaluators for the command team had kids trying out for the command team than last year, one evaluator had 2 kids trying out. to much heros and m&d involvement in the evaluation process and it showed in the callback game. i must say it was not a very well run or thought out eval process this year. last year was much better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news. The numbers were almost identical to last year for both groups. Ton of talent out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not the recruiting tournament it claims to be and it's just another money grab for Corrigan Sports . had a daughter tryout for the command team the last year and this year and there was a big difference in the process from last year to this year. more evaluators for the command team had kids trying out for the command team than last year, one evaluator had 2 kids trying out. to much heros and m&d involvement in the evaluation process and it showed in the callback game. i must say it was not a very well run or thought out eval process this year. last year was much better.

Your daughter must be the SW girl that made Command last year and didn't this year? The process was actually much better this year and coaches actually didn't force their own players onto the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now begins the flow of parents trashing the UA Tournament and team selection process because their little superstar didn't make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughter must be the SW girl that made Command last year and didn't this year? The process was actually much better this year and coaches actually didn't force their own players onto the team.
I’m guessing SW is for Skywalkers. She does not play on that club.. Just my opinion on the difference between last year and this year. I dint think the team has been announced yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The process was actually much better this year and coaches actually didn't force their own players onto the team.

Roster is out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The process was actually much better this year and coaches actually didn't force their own players onto the team.

Roster is out.

You say the coaches didn't force their own player onto the team. Then explain why there are 5 NDP girls and the HC of the Command team is from NDP. NDP has the most players from any school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this thread is active let me ask.... we are thinking of switching clubs this year...for many reasons. My daughter will be in HS shortly.
For example what would M&D be looking for at tryouts when they keep winning and winning anyways? Isn’t their team all set just the way it is? Are there players in every team secretly marked “disposable” vs the “keepers”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster is out.

You say the coaches didn't force their own player onto the team. Then explain why there are 5 NDP girls and the HC of the Command team is from NDP. NDP has the most players from any school.

NDP varsity finished third in regular season and didn't make the playoff final four. NDP JV took multiple losses in the regular season. But NDP has the most girls on the UA team. Okkkaaaayyyyy.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster is out.

This is terrible, HC should be ashamed. Making a joke out of the UA Games. I think people are going to realize that UA is no longer what it once was when you have this stuff going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Mac Ford have anything to do with this? He is one of the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster is out.

NDP varsity finished third in regular season and didn't make the playoff final four. NDP JV took multiple losses in the regular season. But NDP has the most girls on the UA team. Okkkaaaayyyyy.....

So let's take girls from JV at NDP, but ignore the girls that play varsity at the other schools....Hmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s see what happens when they play in the tournament . Got a feeling this roster could get eaten up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let's take girls from JV at NDP, but ignore the girls that play varsity at the other schools....Hmmmm

That’s neither here nor there. There are also 8th graders who made the team, girls from a varsity team that doesn’t hold tryouts, and girls who ride the bench on their varsity teams throughout the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s neither here nor there. There are also 8th graders who made the team, girls from a varsity team that doesn’t hold tryouts, and girls who ride the bench on their varsity teams throughout the season.

Being on varsity is meaningless. Many varsity teams would lose to the top jv programs and fresh soph teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That particular 8th grader would make 9/10 varsity teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

So let's take girls from JV at NDP, but ignore the girls that play varsity at the other schools....Hmmmm[/quote]

Which varsity school would that be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this thread is active let me ask.... we are thinking of switching clubs this year...for many reasons. My daughter will be in HS shortly.
For example what would M&D be looking for at tryouts when they keep winning and winning anyways? Isn’t their team all set just the way it is? Are there players in every team secretly marked “disposable” vs the “keepers”

Go tryout. No team will turn down a top player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being on varsity is meaningless. Many varsity teams would lose to the top jv programs and fresh soph teams

That is probably the dumbest statement posted today. Congrats you win the internet!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did leave money on the table without a doubt especially some game 23s that are better then the bottom 3-4 22s that made it. This is still a good line up though and will do fine in the tournament and let’s be honest this is supposed to be a recruiting tournament and college coaches don’t want to see 23s yet. Probably a good idea to not even allow them to participate except for the $$ they would be turning away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. [/quote]

Being on varsity is meaningless. Many varsity teams would lose to the top jv programs and fresh soph teams[/quote]

That is probably the dumbest statement posted today. Congrats you win the internet![/quote]

Ben Carson already won that award Oreo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Highlight head coach didn't put a single player from his school on the team.

The NDP girls that made the command team play for M&D and SW. If they didn't play well at the tryout they wouldn't be on the team. UA really is based on how the girls do in those 4 or 5 hours. They don't take into account where they play or whether they are on JV or Varsity because that can differ based on where they go to school.

All I've seen is complaining based on where kids go to school and not arguing that the girls that made the team didn't play well on Sunday. I'm guessing that they played well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That particular 8th grader would make 9/10 varsity teams.

As is the JV player who made it, and many others who play JV. People need to stop knocking JV.

Congratulations to all of those who made the team. Baltimore will be very hard to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster is out.

You should read the player bios. Four out of the five NDP girls who made the Command roster played varsity this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster is out.

You should read the player bios. Four out of the five NDP girls who made the Command roster played varsity this year.

And no NDP players on Highlight roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T

Roster is out.

Do those 5 girls play for top club teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no stronger league than the IAAM A. It’s likely “Sour grapes “ is from a lesser league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Mac Ford have anything to do with this? He is one of the coaches.

He and the other 2 assistant coaches are at the tryouts and are involved in making the final roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no stronger league than the IAAM A. It’s likely “Sour grapes “ is from a lesser league

It’s not really sour grapes.
Nothing lacrosse related in this mid atlantic region will ever be decided based solely on merit. When you have evaluators who have their own kids/club players/high school players on the field, you will never get a a fair outcome. Everyone knows it, everyone complains about it, everyone comes on here and cries about it, and then a week later everyone stops whining and moves on to the next unfair tryout, where the cycle starts all over again. The same dad/coach/evaluator(s) will be at every event So if you are really that upset about it, get off the merry-go-round.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not really sour grapes.
Nothing lacrosse related in this mid atlantic region will ever be decided based solely on merit. When you have evaluators who have their own kids/club players/high school players on the field, you will never get a a fair outcome. Everyone knows it, everyone complains about it, everyone comes on here and cries about it, and then a week later everyone stops whining and moves on to the next unfair tryout, where the cycle starts all over again. The same dad/coach/evaluator(s) will be at every event So if you are really that upset about it, get off the merry-go-round.

Daddy/Coach evaluators is what it is...it's not going to change unless you get a director at Corrigan Sports that gets independent evaluators for this process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can’t have your kids in the IAAM schools for whatever reason, get them on a good club and make it work. We have a girl from frederick on our Baltimore team. She carpools with another family. Not everyone on the team is private school. You just have to play the best to get better.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 116 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard