BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 313 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are trying to imply that other MIAA schools are not recruiting players then you're just dead wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since there will be more eyeballs here today than tomorrow, I will put this out there. MIAA A next year:

1) CHC - I don't think they blow out the field but I watched them play several times this year and late (very late) in games, when they subbed, opposing MIAA starters struggled to score, and got scored on, by CHC's 2nd and 3rd lines. I am sure they have several high profile players joining the team next year as well.
2/3) - I think these are interchangeable but I will put Loyola at 2. They are not senior heavy, Koras will be a senior and likely the best offensive player in the MIAA and their JV team lost 1 game so they should have depth. I think they overachieved this year so the new coaches appear to be doing well.
3) BL - Not senior heavy and Grimes will be back. Their JV team is good and I thought they overachieved this year which points to good coaching.
4/5) Again, these are interchangeable but I will put St. Mary's at 4. I am not as familiar with them but they appear to be graduating several important players but had respectable underclass depth. Their JV team finished second to Loyola which points to good depth as well.
5) St. Paul's - They lose some important pieces to graduation but have several good players in the younger grades. Their JV team was middle of the pack so not sure about depth.
6/7) Interchangeable but I will put McDonogh at 6. They lose two very good players at attack and both goalies. They seem to find a way to be good every year and their coaching staff is excellent.
7) Gilman - I wanted to put them higher but they likely did the least with the most this year. I hear good things about the new coach (is he bringing players with him?). There were no freshmen or sophomores on this year's team and the JV finished mid pack so there will be very little depth. Not sure about a goalie. The presumed starting attack, mids and defense are all good. Unfortunately it will be another show me year for them.

Not sure about the rest of the field. What AA school gets the most Hawks players, St. Mary's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your son is a good player in the MIAA and projects to be a D1-level player, why not consider CHC? They have a proven track record with the likes of UMD, OSU and UNC. The quality of the education is good and 4 years at CHC (with some athletic and/or merit incentive) equals the cost of a year at McDonogh, Gilman, BL or St. Pauls. It is a pretty easy decision to make.

Because unless you are a stud (and BK sees it), you are on a Varsity team with 50-60 kids. So even if you are good and could maybe become great (and a college prospect) you will never see the field.

Agree, Unless BK likes you and actively recruits you, You will never see the field in any meaningful way stud or no stud. Team is loaded with quality players. Way to many other schools to look at that will be willing to take you.

Look at CH now. A couple of players seeing major playing time are not as good as subs. They are out there due to BK recruiting away from another school or having the right names. Not to say they arent very good players, its just that others are just as good and have been there longer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Mary’s in the finals. Spalding missed playoffs again. Tell me again why did the hawks kids head to Spalding?

Not sure since the 2022 Coach had his kids at SM playing - sounds like BK and Phipps pulled a fast one

Which 2022 coach had his coach playing at SM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting and spending tons of money are two different things.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Mary’s in the finals. Spalding missed playoffs again. Tell me again why did the hawks kids head to Spalding?

Not sure since the 2022 Coach had his kids at SM playing - sounds like BK and Phipps pulled a fast one

Hawks coach older boy plays at SM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The player at SM is the nephew of the meathead Hawks coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn and St. Mary's are getting the majority of the 2023 Hawks team, with Severn getting the better of the attack, middies and poles. Think Spalding lost out the most with that group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really should know what you are talking about before you raise your hand in class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As expected , game already over before halftime. Calvert Hall just to much for St Marys. rest of MIAA better do something, or it will be second and below for years to come for everyone not named Calvert Hall.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder when the MIAA grows a pair and starts looking at the recruiting practices of some of the schools? Especially the one that shall not be named?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder when the MIAA grows a pair and starts looking at the recruiting practices of some of the schools? Especially the one that shall not be named?

They all recruit ..Remember its not just lacrosse that is played in MIAA. Different schools have different needs.

No looking ever coming from anyone..Look at fiasco at Gilman football for years,, NOTHING DONE.. except for school to stop playing them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few kids have already given up on the Spalding experiment and going back to St. Mary's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few kids have already given up on the Spalding experiment and going back to St. Mary's.

If they played in any varsity MIAA games they will have to sit out a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL will be the best team next year followed closely by Loyola, CHC and SM. There is a big drop off after these four teams: SP and Gilman lose a ton across all three positions and MCD doesn't have any experienced keepers or ball carriers. Spalding will challenge these three teams for the final playoff spots but will disappear back to the oblivion thereafter. Severn will still be weak again as will MSJ and JC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL will be the best team next year followed closely by Loyola, CHC and SM. There is a big drop off after these four teams: SP and Gilman lose a ton across all three positions and MCD doesn't have any experienced keepers or ball carriers. Spalding will challenge these three teams for the final playoff spots but will disappear back to the oblivion thereafter. Severn will still be weak again as will MSJ and JC.

1) CHC, 2) Loyola, 3) BL, 4) St. M, 5) St. P, 6) McD, 7) Gilman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL? Are you serious ?? BL is nowhere close to CH but I agree would fall in the 2 to 4 seed range.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Spalding was getting some new Club players this year and a few transfers. I guess it all evens out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Spalding was getting some new Club players this year and a few transfers. I guess it all evens out

I would be very surprised if this were true. The word is out among the players that the 22 Hawks have playing time guarantees and are at the top of the caste system at Spalding. There was some discontent this season behind the scenes among the upperclassmen (and parents), especially while watching the young guys lose so much while receiving preferential treatment because of a deal with their club coach.

The way the 23 Hawks avoided the school is proof of this. Parents of top players are also looking closer at Spalding will not blindly fall into the same trap as the 22 Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be very surprised if this were true. The word is out among the players that the 22 Hawks have playing time guarantees and are at the top of the caste system at Spalding. There was some discontent this season behind the scenes among the upperclassmen (and parents), especially while watching the young guys lose so much while receiving preferential treatment because of a deal with their club coach.

The way the 23 Hawks avoided the school is proof of this. Parents of top players are also looking closer at Spalding will not blindly fall into the same trap as the 22 Hawks.

That is surprising . Not all the starting players were 9th graders?? Were they guaranteed playing time during practice??

I think Spalding will be a little below the top teams and above the bottom teams next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL? Are you serious ?? BL is nowhere close to CH but I agree would fall in the 2 to 4 seed range.

Agree, Hall takes the Championship next year . May not be as easy as this year, but they have better players by far than any other team in MIAA. $ peat coming up. Other MIAA teams like BL/McD better do something..Maybe new coach at Gilman will bring in some top recruited players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is surprising . Not all the starting players were 9th graders?? Were they guaranteed playing time during practice??

I think Spalding will be a little below the top teams and above the bottom teams next year.

Sure they will, Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure they will, Dad.

The anointed 9th graders got extra playing time mid-season when multiple upperclassmen were suspended for a conference game after circulating an inappropriate photo of themselves. A losing season in that Spalding locker room will certainly prepare a young man for future dysfunctional work environments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure they will, Dad.

The anointed 9th graders got extra playing time mid-season when multiple upperclassmen were suspended for a conference game after circulating an inappropriate photo of themselves. A losing season in that Spalding locker room will certainly prepare a young man for future dysfunctional work environments.

Ok,,Try to get your story straight..First you say they got guaranteed playing time . Then you say they got playing time only after some photo was shown. If you are going to go after them, at least try not to be all over the place. You dont sound credible at this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 23 parent here our forum slowed down so I jumped over here... I can say no one “avoided” Spalding, Phipps showed by boy and a few others a lot of love trying to recruit. Most of the team is playing for the private schools where they attended middle school with a few going to CHC. The ones that chose to stay public are with strong academic and lacrosse programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure they will, Dad.

Ok,,Try to get your story straight..First you say they got guaranteed playing time . Then you say they got playing time only after some photo was shown. If you are going to go after them, at least try not to be all over the place. You dont sound credible at this time.

The poster did say "extra playing time" Seems pretty clear to me.

See you on I-97, coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Were the freshman who are leaving Spalding even on varsity? MIAA high school coaches (family and friends aside) play the best players period. Sounds like Severn and SM won the AA recruiting war. Its going to be hard for Spalding to break into the MIAA playoffs without a proven winning coaching staff (at the high school or collegiate level) and results on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Sun Final Rankings

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Towson, CM Wright do not belong in the list. Linganore should be in the list above Century and Hereford. Glenelg should be higher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Towson, CM Wright do not belong in the list. Linganore should be in the list above Century and Hereford. Glenelg should be higher.

And Severna Park is much better than Westminster. But who cares... this is just one writers opinion, who probably didn't even see all of these teams play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

And Severna Park is much better than Westminster. But who cares... this is just one writers opinion, who probably didn't even see all of these teams play.

Agree. John Carroll could easily beat the bottom 6-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Severna Park got smoked by Spalding, Top Ten is very generous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So - basically the top MIAA teams - then some public schools then Spalding. LoL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had spalding been able to beat broadneck then maybe the SP game could be bragged about. However spalding lost to broadneck - and SP beat broadneck not 1, not 2, but 3 times. So clearly SP > Broadneck > spalding. Those boys just got lucky on a night against a backup goalie starting for his first time. Sorry spalding, you're still a bunch of losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Westminster beat Severna Park 7-3 in a preseason scrimmage the week before regular season started. Westminster had several starters who were injured for that scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had spalding been able to beat broadneck then maybe the SP game could be bragged about. However spalding lost to broadneck - and SP beat broadneck not 1, not 2, but 3 times. So clearly SP > Broadneck > spalding. Those boys just got lucky on a night against a backup goalie starting for his first time. Sorry spalding, you're still a bunch of losers.

Still can't get over Spalding not offering you a chance to come there and play in MIAA A. Hit The Wall !! maybe next year !

Advice, dont call a team you want to play for losers especially if you dont make the grade and want to try out again, doesnt go over well. HIT THE WALL !! There is always next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almost got it. Spalding beat 4 MIAA teams...so its MIAA teams then the Publics. With some years the bottom 5 MIAA schools mixed in with a couple Publics.

Been that way for many years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Westminster beat Severna Park 7-3 in a preseason scrimmage the week before regular season started. Westminster had several starters who were injured for that scrimmage.

It was 4-0 SP in the first half when the starters were all playing. Nice try though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still can't get over Spalding not offering you a chance to come there and play in MIAA A. Hit The Wall !! maybe next year !

Advice, dont call a team you want to play for losers especially if you dont make the grade and want to try out again, doesnt go over well. HIT THE WALL !! There is always next year.

Ok Ripley - you're still a d-b-a-g... my kid was offered a full ride to spalding and turned it down. I can send you the paperwork if you'd like to see it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol..

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 313 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 312 313
Quick Reply