05/20/19 12:57 PM
05/20/19 12:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL will be the best team next year followed closely by Loyola, CHC and SM. There is a big drop off after these four teams: SP and Gilman lose a ton across all three positions and MCD doesn't have any experienced keepers or ball carriers. Spalding will challenge these three teams for the final playoff spots but will disappear back to the oblivion thereafter. Severn will still be weak again as will MSJ and JC.

1) CHC, 2) Loyola, 3) BL, 4) St. M, 5) St. P, 6) McD, 7) Gilman

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #285101
05/20/19 01:35 PM
05/20/19 01:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
BL will be the best team next year followed closely by Loyola, CHC and SM. There is a big drop off after these four teams: SP and Gilman lose a ton across all three positions and MCD doesn't have any experienced keepers or ball carriers. Spalding will challenge these three teams for the final playoff spots but will disappear back to the oblivion thereafter. Severn will still be weak again as will MSJ and JC.

BL? Are you serious ?? BL is nowhere close to CH but I agree would fall in the 2 to 4 seed range.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #285107
05/20/19 02:40 PM
05/20/19 02:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few kids have already given up on the Spalding experiment and going back to St. Mary's.

I heard that Spalding was getting some new Club players this year and a few transfers. I guess it all evens out

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285123
05/20/19 04:36 PM
05/20/19 04:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Spalding was getting some new Club players this year and a few transfers. I guess it all evens out

I would be very surprised if this were true. The word is out among the players that the 22 Hawks have playing time guarantees and are at the top of the caste system at Spalding. There was some discontent this season behind the scenes among the upperclassmen (and parents), especially while watching the young guys lose so much while receiving preferential treatment because of a deal with their club coach.

The way the 23 Hawks avoided the school is proof of this. Parents of top players are also looking closer at Spalding will not blindly fall into the same trap as the 22 Hawks.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285172
05/21/19 12:29 PM
05/21/19 12:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be very surprised if this were true. The word is out among the players that the 22 Hawks have playing time guarantees and are at the top of the caste system at Spalding. There was some discontent this season behind the scenes among the upperclassmen (and parents), especially while watching the young guys lose so much while receiving preferential treatment because of a deal with their club coach.

The way the 23 Hawks avoided the school is proof of this. Parents of top players are also looking closer at Spalding will not blindly fall into the same trap as the 22 Hawks.

That is surprising . Not all the starting players were 9th graders?? Were they guaranteed playing time during practice??

I think Spalding will be a little below the top teams and above the bottom teams next year.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285173
05/21/19 12:33 PM
05/21/19 12:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL? Are you serious ?? BL is nowhere close to CH but I agree would fall in the 2 to 4 seed range.

Agree, Hall takes the Championship next year . May not be as easy as this year, but they have better players by far than any other team in MIAA. $ peat coming up. Other MIAA teams like BL/McD better do something..Maybe new coach at Gilman will bring in some top recruited players.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #285195
05/21/19 03:47 PM
05/21/19 03:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is surprising . Not all the starting players were 9th graders?? Were they guaranteed playing time during practice??

I think Spalding will be a little below the top teams and above the bottom teams next year.

Sure they will, Dad.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #285199
05/21/19 04:35 PM
05/21/19 04:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure they will, Dad.

The anointed 9th graders got extra playing time mid-season when multiple upperclassmen were suspended for a conference game after circulating an inappropriate photo of themselves. A losing season in that Spalding locker room will certainly prepare a young man for future dysfunctional work environments.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285226
05/21/19 10:33 PM
05/21/19 10:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure they will, Dad.

The anointed 9th graders got extra playing time mid-season when multiple upperclassmen were suspended for a conference game after circulating an inappropriate photo of themselves. A losing season in that Spalding locker room will certainly prepare a young man for future dysfunctional work environments.

Ok,,Try to get your story straight..First you say they got guaranteed playing time . Then you say they got playing time only after some photo was shown. If you are going to go after them, at least try not to be all over the place. You dont sound credible at this time.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285236
05/22/19 07:56 AM
05/22/19 07:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 23 parent here our forum slowed down so I jumped over here... I can say no one “avoided” Spalding, Phipps showed by boy and a few others a lot of love trying to recruit. Most of the team is playing for the private schools where they attended middle school with a few going to CHC. The ones that chose to stay public are with strong academic and lacrosse programs.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285253
05/22/19 10:46 AM
05/22/19 10:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure they will, Dad.

Ok,,Try to get your story straight..First you say they got guaranteed playing time . Then you say they got playing time only after some photo was shown. If you are going to go after them, at least try not to be all over the place. You dont sound credible at this time.

The poster did say "extra playing time" Seems pretty clear to me.

See you on I-97, coach!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285258
05/22/19 11:07 AM
05/22/19 11:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few kids have already given up on the Spalding experiment and going back to St. Mary's.

Were the freshman who are leaving Spalding even on varsity? MIAA high school coaches (family and friends aside) play the best players period. Sounds like Severn and SM won the AA recruiting war. Its going to be hard for Spalding to break into the MIAA playoffs without a proven winning coaching staff (at the high school or collegiate level) and results on the field.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #285280
05/22/19 09:11 PM
05/22/19 09:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore Sun Final Rankings

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285331
05/24/19 06:03 AM
05/24/19 06:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Towson, CM Wright do not belong in the list. Linganore should be in the list above Century and Hereford. Glenelg should be higher.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #285334
05/24/19 08:17 AM
05/24/19 08:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Calvert Hall
2 St. Mary's
3 Boys' Latin
4 Loyola
5 McDonogh
6 St. Paul's
7 Gilman
8 Westminster
9 Severna Park
10 Marriotts Ridge
11 Broadneck
12 Spalding
13 Hereford
14 Century
15 Towson
16 C. Milton Wright
16 Glenelg
16 Patterson Mill
16 South River

Towson, CM Wright do not belong in the list. Linganore should be in the list above Century and Hereford. Glenelg should be higher.

And Severna Park is much better than Westminster. But who cares... this is just one writers opinion, who probably didn't even see all of these teams play.

Reply Quote
Page 106 of 131 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 130 131
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification