BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I like the attempted misdirect but there were no looneys 23 parents behind the fca bench, but even if there were, it still pales in comparison to the HEAD of your club making derogatory remarks about a 7th grade team in a public setting. That is unacceptable and a top to bottom failure of an organization that claims to teach and promote Christian ideals to young men.

I was not in the parking lot so I can not speak on what happened or did not happen. However I can commmet on what my son heard from the looney parents that were indeed behind the bench during the game. I’ll stand by my club, my sons coach and the Christian ideals it continues to teach each and every day. No one is perfect; not even Christians. So relax and focus on the person in the mirror.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's kids played dirty. And from what I've heard, are coached to play that way. Nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is laughable. Both teams were called for a few penalties and it was FCA that was called for the out of control stick swinging. I guess there is a new book in the New Testament which states it is ok to do and say whatever you want as long as you have Christian in your name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must have been a heck of game to get this attention

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a well played game so I am not sure why there is any controversy; it could have gone either way. It is frustrating to see the back and forth and the cheap shots taken at refs and one's beliefs. I think we are better than that.

Looney's is big all around and FCA had trouble handling that size; middies and attack of Looney's definitely gave them problems and it seemed like their offense just wasn't clicking. Tall attackman for Looney's was a stud and had very good footwork and stick skills. Looney's definitely added some nice pieces and I think could give HAWKS a run for their money this year. FOGO for FCA seems to be the real deal; if he didn't win every face off he made it a 50/50 each time....he isn't big by any means but he fought for each possession; was impressive to watch. FCA definitely has some talent both on attack (#9 and #25) and midfield (#2 and I think #21) but very little size so I see them having trouble with the bigger teams (HAWKS, Next Level) moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
Fca is no different than any other club- they market it well but the same problems exist . what hurts them is training and parent coaching at some of the levels. Think they mean well but they can be hypocritical.

as much as they say its not a feeder to CHC it is, well over half the 2022 team is registered 9th graders at CHC. just own it no worries

This is my son's first year with FCA and while I don't disagree with what you stated we could not be happier with the team, the coaching and the parents. They may have some 'issues' that you see with other teams; the difference is they address them immediately and do not let it impact the team. Our coaches go out of the way to be a part of the boys lives outside of Lacrosse which you really do not see in other programs. The good far outweigh the bad.

That has been our experience since last Fall; now I know how this forum works so let the bashing of this opinion begin. lol

I agree with what you said about the coaches taking interest in their players lives outside of lacrosse. That speaks volumes to a coach's character. More coaches should take notes on that. You get good things from your players when they get acknowledgment from you. It's just a fact.

VISION

To see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.

MISSION

To lead every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.

VALUES

Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.
Integrity
We will demonstrate Christ-like wholeness, privately and publicly. (Proverbs 11:3)
Serving
We will model Jesus’ example of serving. (John 13:1-17)
Teamwork
We will express our unity in Christ in all our relationships. (Philippians 2:1-4)
Excellence
We will honor and glorify God in all we do. (Colossians 3:23-24)

STRATEGY

To and Through the Coach
We pursue our vision and mission through the strategy of to and through the coach. We seek ministry first to coaches hearts, marriages and families. Then, when ready, we minister through coaches to their fellow coaches, teams and athlete leaders.

Billy Graham said, “A coach will impact more people in one year than the average person will in an entire lifetime.” With the influence of a coach, FCA recognizes the most strategic way to reach more athletes is to first reach the coach.

Whoa... that's pretty extreme. I had no idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
Fca is no different than any other club- they market it well but the same problems exist . what hurts them is training and parent coaching at some of the levels. Think they mean well but they can be hypocritical.

as much as they say its not a feeder to CHC it is, well over half the 2022 team is registered 9th graders at CHC. just own it no worries

This is my son's first year with FCA and while I don't disagree with what you stated we could not be happier with the team, the coaching and the parents. They may have some 'issues' that you see with other teams; the difference is they address them immediately and do not let it impact the team. Our coaches go out of the way to be a part of the boys lives outside of Lacrosse which you really do not see in other programs. The good far outweigh the bad.

That has been our experience since last Fall; now I know how this forum works so let the bashing of this opinion begin. lol

I agree with what you said about the coaches taking interest in their players lives outside of lacrosse. That speaks volumes to a coach's character. More coaches should take notes on that. You get good things from your players when they get acknowledgment from you. It's just a fact.

VISION

To see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.

MISSION

To lead every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.

VALUES

Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.
Integrity
We will demonstrate Christ-like wholeness, privately and publicly. (Proverbs 11:3)
Serving
We will model Jesus’ example of serving. (John 13:1-17)
Teamwork
We will express our unity in Christ in all our relationships. (Philippians 2:1-4)
Excellence
We will honor and glorify God in all we do. (Colossians 3:23-24)

STRATEGY

To and Through the Coach
We pursue our vision and mission through the strategy of to and through the coach. We seek ministry first to coaches hearts, marriages and families. Then, when ready, we minister through coaches to their fellow coaches, teams and athlete leaders.

Billy Graham said, “A coach will impact more people in one year than the average person will in an entire lifetime.” With the influence of a coach, FCA recognizes the most strategic way to reach more athletes is to first reach the coach.

Whoa... that's pretty extreme. I had no idea.

Every club offers something different and its up to you to find what works best for your family. I just wish this forum was more positive instead of the constant bashing and negativity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa - the Kelly's who run FCA were just kicked off the board at UMMS and accused of taking $16M from the inner city hospital system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca might have the worst parents in dmv lacrosse and they may not know what fca stands for. But the Kelly's didn't "take" money which is implying they may have embezzled it. Their insurance business generated 16 million in revenue from the system. Whether they used undue influence is a different matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa - the Kelly's who run FCA were just kicked off the board at UMMS and accused of taking $16M from the inner city hospital system.

Who could blame them. They have several kids and with the cost of playing club lacrosse and private school tuition?? Gotta do what you gotta do to pay for all that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year standing on the sidelines after a 4th grade game in which my son's team beat FCA I waited for my son. I heard a man say "Jesus F-ing Christ, what the F--- is taking him so long?"

That was some pretty fowl language with kids all around, I turned to see an FCA dad talking to his wife about why their son was taking so long to get off of the field post game.

I guess they were in a hurry to get to sunday mass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year standing on the sidelines after a 4th grade game in which my son's team beat FCA I waited for my son. I heard a man say "Jesus F-ing Christ, what the F--- is taking him so long?"

That was some pretty fowl language with kids all around, I turned to see an FCA dad talking to his wife about why their son was taking so long to get off of the field post game.

Sounds about right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow shocking; happens with every club on every weekend and no is perfect. We can only hope to be able to live our lives as well as you sir.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow shocking; happens with every club on every weekend and no is perfect. We can only hope to be able to live our lives as well as you sir.

Yes.....most parents curse out their 10 year olds actions to the other parent every weekend! All while he's wearing a Fellowship of Christian Athletes jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to clarify....the Kelly Family does not run FCA Lacrosse. Definitely involved but are not involved in day to day operations or structure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters are always gonna hate!!! Slam all you want........you all should join us at the FCA Parents Fellowship Night this Saturday. Looking forward to a fun evening with other FCA Parents getting a private viewing of a new movie: BreakThrough (Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1jaIRQc-o).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to clarify....the Kelly Family does not run FCA Lacrosse. Definitely involved but are not involved in day to day operations or structure.

Accused ?? That is Hilarious. The large Kelly Insurance company did work for the Hospital system. They resigned due to,,, they shouldnt be on the board of a Company that does business with you. Which i agree with,
They provided a service to hospital for which that got paid for. You obviously have some agenda. Son didnt make FCA or get into CH ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Accused ?? That is Hilarious. The large Kelly Insurance company did work for the Hospital system. They resigned due to,,, they shouldnt be on the board of a Company that does business with you. Which i agree with,
They provided a service to hospital for which that got paid for. You obviously have some agenda. Son didnt make FCA or get into CH ?

The above posts were not mine. You’re correct, no one has been accused just speculation. The big picture is the Kelly family, specifically Senator Kelly helped to privatize UMMC and has been on the board for years. His family all three sons sit on the board of UMMC hospitals. Don’t forget Upper Chesapeake is owned by UMMC. So now they decide to step down because they just now realize they shouldn’t be affiliated with a company because they are board? This goes much deeper than a lacrosse vendetta or just stealing. This goes against all ethics Fit a business, hospital and a State. The most agregious is the amount of money that should have gone to a city that is in dire straits went in to the pockets of companies and board members and politicians. Laws are created so a Monoply doesn’t exist. Not to mention an insurance company paying out Pugh. Laws for Malpractice created so Insurance Companies don’t pay a large amount out to people who need it!

Maybe this is not the forum for this topic but the next time BK wants to say a prayer before a lacrosse game about values and being a good person and teammate...he/they/Kelly family may want to think about human dignity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The above posts were not mine. You’re correct, no one has been accused just speculation. The big picture is the Kelly family, specifically Senator Kelly helped to privatize UMMC and has been on the board for years. His family all three sons sit on the board of UMMC hospitals. Don’t forget Upper Chesapeake is owned by UMMC. So now they decide to step down because they just now realize they shouldn’t be affiliated with a company because they are board? This goes much deeper than a lacrosse vendetta or just stealing. This goes against all ethics Fit a business, hospital and a State. The most agregious is the amount of money that should have gone to a city that is in dire straits went in to the pockets of companies and board members and politicians. Laws are created so a Monoply doesn’t exist. Not to mention an insurance company paying out Pugh. Laws for Malpractice created so Insurance Companies don’t pay a large amount out to people who need it!

Maybe this is not the forum for this topic but the next time BK wants to say a prayer before a lacrosse game about values and being a good person and teammate...he/they/Kelly family may want to think about human dignity.

Before anyone gets the chance...please excuse my grammar, punctuation, spelling and incomplete sentences. I am current on break at my job at UMMC. I am using my cell phone that autocorrects everything incorrectly. You get the point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe BK should invite the parents of the kids into the prayer circle reminding them what FCA stands for. The coaches should also try not to scream at their own players on how to physically target other team players. And when I say target I mean to injure. They are so far apart from what is on their web site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Maybe this is not the forum for this topic"

BINGO!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

Maybe preaching to a bunch of parents and kids before a game about ethics and values before a game doesn’t belong at a lacrosse game. Maybe coaching your kid to hurt someone’s child doesn’t belong either.
BINGO! We both agree👍

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

Maybe preaching to a bunch of parents and kids before a game about ethics and values before a game doesn’t belong at a lacrosse game. Maybe coaching your kid to hurt someone’s child doesn’t belong either.
BINGO! We both agree👍

I love the HATERS......keep it coming I find this all so amusing. GOD IS GOOD!! #FCA4ever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

This is the exact topic for this forum. Where else should people show their distate for the actions of those on the FCA sideline? This kind of behavior goes on with a lot of other parents and coaches but FCA stands out because FCA stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Those in the organization should be the standard for good sportsmanship and not the symbol for bad youth sports behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

This is the exact topic for this forum. Where else should people show their distate for the actions of those on the FCA sideline? This kind of behavior goes on with a lot of other parents and coaches but FCA stands out because FCA stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Those in the organization should be the standard for good sportsmanship and not the symbol for bad youth sports behavior.

I thought FCA stood for Future Calvert Hall Athlete. Maybe I am confused

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea that anyone is joining FCA for anything other than winning and possibly playing for Calvert Hall is hilarious.
But when they get a couple losses, the Bibles come out.
Coach loses his cool after a tough loss and you want to crucify him (pun intended) and roast the major booster for the club. That Catholic guilt is too funny.
Him saying what he said is no different than the horrible things the parents are saying about their own kids and teammates during the game.
And I’m tired of hearing he is their coach, and he shouldn’t act like that. They are their parents and they act the same way. The double standard is laughable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea that anyone is joining FCA for anything other than winning and possibly playing for Calvert Hall is hilarious.
Coach loses his cool after a tough loss and you want to crucify him (pun intended) and roast the major booster for the club. That Catholic guilt is too funny.
Him saying what he said is no different than the horrible things the parents are saying about their own kids and teammates during the game.
And I’m tired of hearing he is their coach, and he shouldn’t act like that. They are their parents and they act the same way. The double standard is laughable.

Wow !! Between him , MM among others...I am surprised that anyone is still playing Lacrosse in MD.

You would think by this time some people would be nailed to the cross ! : ) Pun intended

Last edited by 1026ME; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is someone who knows nothing about FCA and what the club offers and many of the kids that play for FCA are attending other HS. I love the fact that people make assumptions without truly knowing what they are talking about. That's laughable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow !! Between him , MM among others...I am surprised that anyone is still playing Lacrosse in MD.

You would think by this time some people would be nailed to the cross ! : ) Pun intended

Who is MM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is MM?

Mary Magdeline - check your fca athlete bible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

“Thou shall not steal”, unless you and your kids are on the board....then take whatever you want. The city has tons on money and the hospitals have no obligation to help the city residents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

“Thou shall not steal”, unless you and your kids are on the board....then take whatever you want. The city has tons on money and the hospitals have no obligation to help the city residents.

To be honest, while the conflict of interest optics are disturbing, no one can make the leap you have without knowing the details involved. For all we know, the Company in question provided great services to the hospitals in question at a fair and competitive market price. If it comes out that the services awarded were priced at a high premium to market then I would agree with you but without that information your conclusions are premature and frankly hurtful. False accusations (see Duke lacrosse) can ruin folks. Let's hope the powers to be give a fair and balanced analysis of the bids awarded to date and the truth isn't obfuscated like it often is.... The Mayor is currently working hard to negotiate a no jail time deal in exchange for a quick resignation. If that happens, this will only confirm Baltimore's and for that matter Maryland's reputation as a "banana republic" state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

To be honest, while the conflict of interest optics are disturbing, no one can make the leap you have without knowing the details involved. For all we know, the Company in question provided great services to the hospitals in question at a fair and competitive market price. If it comes out that the services awarded were priced at a high premium to market then I would agree with you but without that information your conclusions are premature and frankly hurtful. False accusations (see Duke lacrosse) can ruin folks. Let's hope the powers to be give a fair and balanced analysis of the bids awarded to date and the truth isn't obfuscated like it often is.... The Mayor is currently working hard to negotiate a no jail time deal in exchange for a quick resignation. If that happens, this will only confirm Baltimore's and for that matter Maryland's reputation as a "banana republic" state.

Yes, you are correct. Perhaps they Kelly’s recused themselves from any UMMS business decision regarding insurance.
Perhaps the decision was made by a committee that was blind to the names of the insurance companies and awards were based solely on merit.
Perhaps the Kellys provided the insurance at cost as any good Christian would to to heal the sick. As Mathew writes “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

Yes, you are correct. Perhaps they Kelly’s recused themselves from any UMMS business decision regarding insurance.
Perhaps the decision was made by a committee that was blind to the names of the insurance companies and awards were based solely on merit.
Perhaps the Kellys provided the insurance at cost as any good Christian would to to heal the sick. As Mathew writes “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”

Come on, no one expects a for profit company to work for free. The question really is was Kelly Insurance the best vendor (some mix of quality and cost) to bid. Unless you're an expert in the services provided, you don't know. Do the optics look bad, yes but like a coach giving his relatives starting spots, sometimes that's actually the correct call for the Program. Sometimes the coach's kids or nephews are the best players available. My only point is every situation should be evaluated on its own, that's all. Hopefully we won't get another single party state whitewashed investigation by a so called "unbiased" agency or investigator. This State is already a halfway to being a "Banana Republic".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We always laugh at the various FCA pop-ups around the country. No team we have played at the youth level (middle school) has cursed on the field more than FCA Maryland, and its not even close. I have no bone to pick with the organization and am a Christian, but either enforce what you preach or stop preaching it. Locally, a guy just started his own chapter for one team...I watched him get flagged for cursing at a ref in his 5th grade game and then absolutely berating his fifth graders...and now he's opening a new FCA branch. Umm, okay. Guess his "faith journey" had a bump in the road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the FCA team at Baltimore Summer Kickoff the same one that won at NAL this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the FCA team at Baltimore Summer Kickoff the same one that won at NAL this weekend?

They combine blue and white rosters. Each tournament will have some combo. BSK and more white and NAL had more blue - thus the results

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which one is going to Crabfeast?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which one is going to Crabfeast?

The one that was at NAL minus a few players due to US U19 tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having coached against and watched several FCA teams across different age groups and locations I can say they in no way represent any values whatsoever attributed to Christ. Parents and coaches exhibit zero sportsmanship and do nothing but yell at refs and players on both sides. Should rebrand as FWTA. Fellowship of White Trash Athletics.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard