A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Best Attack - Danny Caddigan, Smithtown West
Best Middie - Brandon Aviles, Ward Melville
Best FOGO - Connor Calderon, Smithtown West
Best LSM - Brian Giuliani, Bay Shore
Best Pole - Michael Alexander, West Islip
Best Goalie - Jared Paquette

There should be no question about these players!

Best LSM - Sal Pascarella Hills East

GOALS 18
ASSISTS 9
POINTS 27

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284847
05/15/19 11:34 AM
05/15/19 11:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully all post season awards will be based on this high school season only. Previous seasons should not be factored in as these are not lifetime achievement awards, nor should club team affiliation & reputations matter. Reward those players who did it on the field this year. Also I hope voters do not rely on the Newsday stats too heavily. Just based on our team, I can say that they are not always accurate. Plus stats alone do not tell the story of the game & are too easily manipulated. A player tallying 8 points against a weak team in garbage time is not equal to those who perform when needed, or late and close. It would be great to have a service that did stats for all games; some teams are extremely generous with assists and also keep starters in just to pad their numbers.

Do any of you have any idea how political these selections are? Choses are bartered like a case of beer. I've been in the room and seen the nonsense.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284852
05/15/19 12:00 PM
05/15/19 12:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Others that were considered.

Attack - Joey Spallina has an argument there. He shares and finishes with the ball, but the level of competition gives it to Caddigan, then maybe Xavier Arline can be one of the better attack. An argument can be said it isnt their fault their district isnt as big. But if I am only noting A schools, which I think this is Norhtport's Sal Miccio would be next.

Middie - Here it is tough when you are the best kid on the team. Those are kids on the leader board, but should that qualify as best in a region. MVP for their team yes. The best middie are the ones who do all the unmentionables. Initiates and defends. Smithtown (Caddigan/Frank/Bell), Ward Melville (Berry/Aviles), Northport (Napoli/Smith) and Bay Shore (Day/DeSimone) all are 2 great 2 way middies. But none better than Aviles

Fogo - no contest Mr Calderon is on top. this one is tricky because wing play helped out a lot this year Smithown East Chris Arceri

LSM - Christian Lowd - Smithtown West, Pat Oneil - Ward Melville, Justin Gerdvil Northport, considered Sal Pascarella Hills East.

Goalie - Many were blessed with those very good defenses in front of them.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284857
05/15/19 01:24 PM
05/15/19 01:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully all post season awards will be based on this high school season only. Previous seasons should not be factored in as these are not lifetime achievement awards, nor should club team affiliation & reputations matter. Reward those players who did it on the field this year. Also I hope voters do not rely on the Newsday stats too heavily. Just based on our team, I can say that they are not always accurate. Plus stats alone do not tell the story of the game & are too easily manipulated. A player tallying 8 points against a weak team in garbage time is not equal to those who perform when needed, or late and close. It would be great to have a service that did stats for all games; some teams are extremely generous with assists and also keep starters in just to pad their numbers.

Coaches are the ones who decide ultimately. It's not the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284859
05/15/19 02:48 PM
05/15/19 02:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure All-County is not voted on. Schools / coaches are given a number of selections based on where they finish the regular season. The coach then selects / nominates the player / players he wants to receive the accolade.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284867
05/15/19 06:07 PM
05/15/19 06:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! Also Suffolk C is a very weak league, so those Stats are not as meaningful as Suffolk A. From what I understand, All County award are picked before the post season.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284880
05/16/19 12:34 AM
05/16/19 12:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says you

Says you... there are plenty of questions!!!! Plenty!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #284882
05/16/19 07:11 AM
05/16/19 07:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was watching the recent St Anthony vs Chaminade game online. Incredible skills and play. Do all these players play for club teams besides their HS team. Does each school have a certain Club team or a do players play for various clubs in area. Just curious as I am not a LI guy and talent was at such a high level for both teams.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284883
05/16/19 07:22 AM
05/16/19 07:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attack - Joey Spallina has an argument there. He shares and finishes with the ball, but the level of competition gives it to Caddigan, then maybe Xavier Arline can be one of the better attack. An argument can be said it isnt their fault their district isnt as big. But if I am only noting A schools, which I think this is Norhtport's Sal Miccio would be next.

Middie - Here it is tough when you are the best kid on the team. Those are kids on the leader board, but should that qualify as best in a region. MVP for their team yes. The best middie are the ones who do all the unmentionables. Initiates and defends. Smithtown (Caddigan/Frank/Bell), Ward Melville (Berry/Aviles), Northport (Napoli/Smith) and Bay Shore (Day/DeSimone) all are 2 great 2 way middies. But none better than Aviles

Fogo - no contest Mr Calderon is on top. this one is tricky because wing play helped out a lot this year Smithown East Chris Arceri

LSM - Christian Lowd - Smithtown West, Pat Oneil - Ward Melville, Justin Gerdvil Northport, considered Sal Pascarella Hills East.

LSM I agree with ONeil and Lowd. Peters on SE is excellent all over the field.

Arceri wins almost all F/O to himself and has beaten every other kid in Suffolk besides Calderone who is tops.. WI next, then BS then Northport.

Goalie I like West Islip Paquette 1st then and Krieg

Attack, Spallina, although that league is weak, Palonetti, Caddigan, Sidorski and Hoffman

See you all at the County dinner!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284888
05/16/19 10:00 AM
05/16/19 10:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says you

Says you... there are plenty of questions!!!! Plenty!

Yes there are plenty of questions, here are some

1. Would you rather have all farts be silent but EXTREMELY deadly, or all farts be harmless but EXTREMELY loud?

2. Would you rather drink orange juice, expecting it to be milk, or drink milk expecting it to be orange juice?

3. Would you rather have legs as long as your fingers, or fingers as long as your legs?

4. Would you rather sweat mayonnaise or sweat ketchup?

5. Would you rather know when you will die or how you will die?

6. Would you rather step on a piece of Lego barefoot everyday for a week, or get a single paper cut between your toes?

7. Would you rather make your internet browsing history for the last 12 months accessible to anyone for a year, or give up the internet for a year?

8. Would you rather understand any language, or be able to play any instrument?

9. Would you rather always be a little bit too hot, or a little bit too cold?

10. Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?

11. Would you rather take a 50% chance of winning 100 million, or a 99% chance of winning 1 million?

12. Would you rather never being able to lie, or never be able to tell the truth?

13. If Cinderella's slipper fit perfectly why did it fall off?

14. Is there a God?

15. what is love?

16. Does money buy happiness?

17. If we evolved from Apes why are they still here?

18. Does everything have a purpose?

19. Is the thing you want to achieve really that hard to achieve or is it that you didn’t try hard to achieve it?

20. Is saying there shouldn't be, mean there won't be?

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #284890
05/16/19 10:17 AM
05/16/19 10:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LSM comes down to Northport & Bay Shore kids. They have had a much greater impact on the success of their respective teams without top level defenses & FOGO's compared to the others. While all the kids mentioned are talented, the Smithtown West & Melville kids would not be missed nearly as much. Take those kids away & those are still the top 2 teams & their records would be nearly identical. Not sure where Northport would finish, they pulled out a bunch of quality wins against the top 5 teams. Bay Shore would probably not make the playoffs. The HHHE player has great numbers (doesn't he also stay on for offense?) but the team really struggled & did not have any quality wins. While not his fault, that is tough to overcome.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284896
05/16/19 10:57 AM
05/16/19 10:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was watching the recent St Anthony vs Chaminade game online. Incredible skills and play. Do all these players play for club teams besides their HS team. Does each school have a certain Club team or a do players play for various clubs in area. Just curious as I am not a LI guy and talent was at such a high level for both teams.

Many play Club my 2019 son has played with 6 of them over the years. Many play on 91 and Express

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284907
05/16/19 01:05 PM
05/16/19 01:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LSM comes down to Northport & Bay Shore kids. They have had a much greater impact on the success of their respective teams without top level defenses & FOGO's compared to the others. While all the kids mentioned are talented, the Smithtown West & Melville kids would not be missed nearly as much. Take those kids away & those are still the top 2 teams & their records would be nearly identical. Not sure where Northport would finish, they pulled out a bunch of quality wins against the top 5 teams. Bay Shore would probably not make the playoffs. The HHHE player has great numbers (doesn't he also stay on for offense?) but the team really struggled & did not have any quality wins. While not his fault, that is tough to overcome.

I'm going to stay away from comparing kids playing a high school sport because it leads down a slippery slope and they're just kids having fun - I hope. Unless I understood the dynamics of every team, and knew their individual schemes, and watched every game played this year, I really have no basis for my opinions comparing the kids anyway. But I can confidently say that if you were to ask anyone you know from WM, they would have a different opinion about the impact their LSM has had, this year in particular. But we will see next year when they don't have him for the first time in 4 years. No reason to speculate, it will be obvious. I would venture to say that if you asked the opposing coaches, they wont be too sad to see him move on to the next phase either. All great players mentioned in your post and we will be watching them on Saturdays over the next few years I have no doubt. Good luck to all.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284923
05/16/19 02:35 PM
05/16/19 02:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many play Club my 2019 son has played with 6 of them over the years. Many play on 91 and Express

Most 2020 kids are with express and 91 for Chaminade and St As. These two teams are the best on Long Island, always in the top 10 in the country, some of the best players in the country. If they play 10 times it would be 5-5. Great games for the little guys to watch and learn.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #284934
05/16/19 04:43 PM
05/16/19 04:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LSM I agree with ONeil and Lowd. Peters on SE is excellent all over the field.

Arceri wins almost all F/O to himself and has beaten every other kid in Suffolk besides Calderone who is tops.. WI next, then BS then Northport.

Goalie I like West Islip Paquette 1st then and Krieg

Attack, Spallina, although that league is weak, Palonetti, Caddigan, Sidorski and Hoffman

See you all at the County dinner!

Might disagree with some of your choices FO kid from Riverhead is up their and could probably beat the Smithtown East player. WI also has a strong player. Bay Shore FOGO also had a strong showing against Smithtown East and he is only a Sophomore. Calderon is by far the best FOGO, but give credit to some of the other talents among the league.

Reply Quote
Page 405 of 406 1 2 403 404 405 406
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification