BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One week to go and this week will determine some playoff seeding

Hawks 6-0
Team 91 4-2
Looney's 4-2
MadLax 4-2

Hawks plays Madlax. Madlax loses and BLC with a win over FCA could get into the playoffs
91 will beat Diamondbacks and Looney's will beat Crabs

AYLC is in the driver's seat in the AAA

But Madlax beat BLC head-to-head. Wouldn't that determine the spot? Or is there some goal differential or similar?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t seem like anyone cares about the other divisions other than elite, and maybe the top 2 teams in AAA that could move to elite, but has anyone gotten to see any of the teams that are leading the lower division? Fallston, Forest Hill, Breakers, etc. anyone outperforming where they were expected? Anyone underperforming that was expected to be better? Anyone sandbagging? Anyone placed too high, like maybe Bel Air...just curious to hear anyone’s thoughts on this.

Have you watched the lacrosse at the AA, A and B level? I am not sure what those parents are paying but whatever it is its too much!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did HOCO do to their website??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pretty obvious. They went out and looked for the worst user designed and user friendly site they could have and are now using that.
Doesn’t seem like anyone cares about the other divisions other than elite, and maybe the top 2 teams in AAA that could move to elite, but has anyone gotten to see any of the teams that are leading the lower division? Fallston, Forest Hill, Breakers, etc. anyone outperforming where they were expected? Anyone underperforming that was expected to be better? Anyone sandbagging? Anyone placed too high, like maybe Bel Air...just curious to hear anyone’s thoughts on this.

Have you watched the lacrosse at the AA, A and B level? I am not sure what those parents are paying but whatever it is its too much!!

I could say the same thing for Crabs and Diamondbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pretty obvious. They went out and looked for the worst user designed and user friendly site they could have and are now using that.

I could say the same thing for Crabs and Diamondbacks

The 2028, 2027 & 2026 Hawks all had victories over Crabs - Gilman is less than a mile away

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the playoffs are set and only seeding still matters. Madlax has a head-to-head win over both BLC and FCA, so they are in regardless. I'm sure Hawks will finish undefeated but wouldn't be surprised to see Madlax give them a game. Some good lacrosse this year in this division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the playoffs are set and only seeding still matters. Madlax has a head-to-head win over both BLC and FCA, so they are in regardless. I'm sure Hawks will finish undefeated but wouldn't be surprised to see Madlax give them a game. Some good lacrosse this year in this division.

1 team that rolled everyone, 2 teams that aren't even AAA and 3 teams in the middle. There's your 2026 Elite summary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically, what I’m getting is that only 6-8 teams in the MD/VA/DMV areas are worthy of being deemed club level, and anyone playing in a division lower than AAA is more or less a lowly rec team and is having their money stolen from them.

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of those teams in the lower divisions are only paying a few hundred bucks to be coached by ex division 1 college lacrosse players and get the “club” experience at an affordable rate for the parents...as opposed to the several thousand dollars that are being paid to play on the big name clubs in the elite division. Who’s really getting their money stolen?

Most of your kids aren’t getting full rides to go play college lacrosse, and for the ones that do, you’re pretty much paying for it on the front end anyway when you start them off in these high dollar clubs from the time they can walk.

In no way am I saying that the teams in the AA, A, and B divisions can hang with the elite level teams, but you might surprised at the talent level on some of the teams down there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically, what I’m getting is that only 6-8 teams in the MD/VA/DMV areas are worthy of being deemed club level, and anyone playing in a division lower than AAA is more or less a lowly rec team and is having their money stolen from them.

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of those teams in the lower divisions are only paying a few hundred bucks to be coached by ex division 1 college lacrosse players and get the “club” experience at an affordable rate for the parents...as opposed to the several thousand dollars that are being paid to play on the big name clubs in the elite division. Who’s really getting their money stolen?

Most of your kids aren’t getting full rides to go play college lacrosse, and for the ones that do, you’re pretty much paying for it on the front end anyway when you start them off in these high dollar clubs from the time they can walk.

In no way am I saying that the teams in the AA, A, and B divisions can hang with the elite level teams, but you might surprised at the talent level on some of the teams down there.

I’ve seen games at the AA LEVEL and I’m sorry it’s bad lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 team that rolled everyone, 2 teams that aren't even AAA and 3 teams in the middle. There's your 2026 Elite summary.

Hawks have been rolling so you have to give them their due. Clearly the top of the league right now. That said, they seem more beatable to me this year than in the past. Playoffs and tournaments should be interesting.

Next pack of Team 91, Madlax, Looney's and BLC are pretty even. No one should be surprised to see any of those teams win/lose against the others.

Even the bottom of the league has had their moments. Looneys and Madlax barely escaped Arden and FCA last week. You could clearly argue swapping some of the AAA teams but not too bad of a job by the league.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve seen games at the AA LEVEL and I’m sorry it’s bad lacrosse.

I completely agree; there may be a few kids on these teams that could play at a higher level but overall its just poor lacrosse. The recs are trying to hold on to as many kids as they can due to the fact that the clubs are taking all the talent away from them so you get HLC, PLC and FLC spinning the 'we are a club' flag when really all they are is taking the parents money to put a poor product on the field. Just enjoy the process but please don't compare the coaching at the club/rec level to what is being coached at the elite level programs. It is not even close and the main reason kids leave for club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With 12 scholarships per D1 team, I hope no one is expecting a full scholarship for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks need to learn how to play lacrosse. This isn’t football. Can’t wait to play them on a dry field

And to think I came on here to compliment the Crabs and defend them against all these haters. Way to be a good sport. So here goes- the Crabs played good and competed well against the Hawks. Their goalies did a great job. Let’s be positive and give credit to the 11 year olds who are giving you something to talk about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just want to let all the new LAX dads (and the older ones that are obtuse) that they need to learn to shut up during the game. You are not helping your son's team by coaching from the sidelines. The boys needs to learn to listen to their coach. Most of the time you don't know what the coach wants them to do. So, shut up and just cheer for good plays.

And, the refs don't get paid by the other team's coach. (This is more for the Bethesda dads.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A majority of the kids from elite down to B will all end up in the same boat...playing D3 college lacrosse somewhere. There will be some exceptions...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A majority of the kids from elite down to B will all end up in the same boat...playing D3 college lacrosse somewhere. There will be some exceptions...

Can't be possible, I was promised that my kid would get a full ride to an Ivy if he played for an Elite club in 5th grade. Have I been lied to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be possible, I was promised that my kid would get a full ride to an Ivy if he played for an Elite club in 5th grade. Have I been lied to?

Another parent who thinks its about 'getting a ride'! How about my son plays elite because he wants to simply play at a high level with kids that are talented and can throw and catch? Sorry you son didn't make a AAA or Elite level club team; tell him to keep working hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another parent who thinks its about 'getting a ride'! How about my son plays elite because he wants to simply play at a high level with kids that are talented and can throw and catch? Sorry you son didn't make a AAA or Elite level club team; tell him to keep working hard.

The realization has set in that he was scammed out of his money for "club" lacrosse when he got out of his 5 mile circle and realized his kids team stinks and he could have paid a 1,000 less to play rec. So he'll go to the "getting a ride" comment to feel better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The realization has set in that he was scammed out of his money for "club" lacrosse when he got out of his 5 mile circle and realized his kids team stinks and he could have paid a 1,000 less to play rec. So he'll go to the "getting a ride" comment to feel better

Meh...my kid has been on an "Elite" club team for 3 years now. Counting travel for tournaments (hotels, food, etc.), I'm in for over $10k at this point. I have no illusion about a scholarship. My only hope for the kid is that he plays on his high school team.

Why not play rec? My kid loves to compete, he loves to play year round, he loves having the same core teammates each season. I enjoyed the time we spent in rec league lacrosse but the level of competition is really bad. It would drive him nuts to not be able to run a "real" offense or to play with a defense that doesn't understand how to slide to the open man, etc. Club lacrosse is financially crazy but my kid wouldn't love the sport without it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you two gave the troll exactly the reaction he wanted is hilarious. It’s why I read this forum, endless humor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's wrong with D3 lacrosse ? If a kid can continue to play a game he enjoys in college...more power to him. Not everyone gets the chance. If it provides a core / stability to his college education and keeps him focused on goals....dont see the problem. Is that worse than sitting at the end of a 50 man bench and never stepping foot on a field for 4 years in D1 ?....because that's where alot of the Elite kids being pushed to be there by their parents will end up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't really agree with complaining how expensive this is. I think you get alot of value for the average price of $1600 for a team.

Generally that includes mechandise, 10-11 months of lax, 4-5 days a week, around 25 games, and premium facilities. You are getting what you pay for.

I think what most people are complaining about is they are getting club confused with select. Back in the day it meant a lot to be on a select team, because it was exactly that. You were selected bc you were the best of the best. Select back then had the same inclusions as club does today. Now there are just more teams, which have become clubs, and less actual select. I would consider a team like the Hawks to be a select team. They will cut you if you didn't pan out and they for the most part will only take the best.

There is too much money to be made, and too much demand to play, for Select to exist anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you two gave the troll exactly the reaction he wanted is hilarious. It’s why I read this forum, endless humor.

And yet here you are still talking about it and reading it and commenting on it thus continuing the trolls conversation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't really agree with complaining how expensive this is. I think you get alot of value for the average price of $1600 for a team.

Generally that includes mechandise, 10-11 months of lax, 4-5 days a week, around 25 games, and premium facilities. You are getting what you pay for.

I think what most people are complaining about is they are getting club confused with select. Back in the day it meant a lot to be on a select team, because it was exactly that. You were selected bc you were the best of the best. Select back then had the same inclusions as club does today. Now there are just more teams, which have become clubs, and less actual select. I would consider a team like the Hawks to be a select team. They will cut you if you didn't pan out and they for the most part will only take the best.

There is too much money to be made, and too much demand to play, for Select to exist anymore

That is a great synopsis. There's going to start being some select clubs in AA county extremely soon. Problem is when you grab kids from different clubs to play together, you need to find tournaments they are all available for and coaches willing to let them step away to someone else for a few practices and games and that doesn't always go well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy gets it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry we beat you 91 dad! Yeah we have a couple of loud dads but for the most part we are pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy gets it

And this guy gets it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These kids are 11 - Elite AAA or whatever they are playing lacrosse and the growing the game. This all goes out the window in high school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last weekend of the regular season in HOCO. Anyone surprised by anything they have seen at the Elite or AAA level thus far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how will these teams do against the top northeast teams from LI, CT and MA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have predictions for this weekend?

Looneys v Crabs

Team 91 v Diamondbacks

FCA v Bethesda

Hawks v Madlax

AYLC v Green Hornets

Dark Horse v Next Level

Roughriders v 3D Maryland

VLC v 3D Virginia

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 7 Predictions....
Hawks 11 - Madlax 2
Looney's 6 - Crabs 5
Team 91 10 - Arden 7
Bethesda 7 - FCA 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perry Hall and HOCO, both in AA, got knocked out of the playoffs in MYLA by two A teams today. Is A and AA just basically all the same? Can any of the AA teams play with any of the AAA teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely False ! Club coaches are spot on. Most kids who play for elite clubs in elite leagues and tournaments will play D1. No question about it. Find the best competitive club and go for it. Money well spent. I know many players that have done that and are in top Ivy schools with scholarship money.
You need to start now. Dont believe the naysayers. A few pointers from us " in the know " parents. During offseason, good time for personal instruction from ex players/coaches. Get that edge for tryouts.

What you do now will prepare him for later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco and Perry Hall, both AA teams, got eliminated from the playoffs in MYLA by two A teams yesterday. Is there any real difference between A and AA...are any teams in AA able to compete with teams at AAA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the 91 guy? He’s been quiet lately

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the Crabs pipe dream was more like a pipe bomb. Next step for them will be playing B division this summer to win, or adding 2025’s to the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with this forum. Anyone else having trouble seeing new posts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to watching some playoff lacrosse and moving on to summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isn't actually updating, is it?

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard