BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
fl$ Lawsuit
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 02:22 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 02:16 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 02:15 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 02:12 PM
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 01:59 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 01:49 PM
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 01:43 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,804
Posts256,622
Members2,136
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #280666
02/27/19 05:36 PM
02/27/19 05:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just asking- what is it a out M&D that makes them so dominant?? Their defense doesn’t get much work since they are so dominant on offense. What makes them so great?


They are not. The top teams trade wins against each other. M&D, Sky walkers and Hero's games will be close. That is far from saying they are dominant. As these teams get older they tend to have very close games. Watch the 21 M&D vs. 21 Sky walkers. Great games. Nobody dominants.


M&D was definitely dominant last year won NGLL and every tournament they were in. Now will they continue to be dominant? guess we’ll have to wait and see

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #280669
02/27/19 06:51 PM
02/27/19 06:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Just asking- what is it a out M&D that makes them so dominant?? Their defense doesn’t get much work since they are so dominant on offense. What makes them so great?


They are not. The top teams trade wins against each other. M&D, Sky walkers and Hero's games will be close. That is far from saying they are dominant. As these teams get older they tend to have very close games. Watch the 21 M&D vs. 21 Sky walkers. Great games. Nobody dominants.


M&D was definitely dominant last year won NGLL and every tournament they were in. Now will they continue to be dominant? guess we’ll have to wait and see [

Who was M&d's toughest competition last year?

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #280673
02/27/19 07:55 PM
02/27/19 07:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Just asking- what is it a out M&D that makes them so dominant?? Their defense doesn’t get much work since they are so dominant on offense. What makes them so great?


They are not. The top teams trade wins against each other. M&D, Sky walkers and Hero's games will be close. That is far from saying they are dominant. As these teams get older they tend to have very close games. Watch the 21 M&D vs. 21 Sky walkers. Great games. Nobody dominants.


M&D was definitely dominant last year won NGLL and every tournament they were in. Now will they continue to be dominant? guess we’ll have to wait and see [

Who was M&d's toughest competition last year?


Top Guns. Only lost once out of about ten times they played almost every game being a battle. Monster being second followed by Heros at three.

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #280683
02/28/19 09:16 AM
02/28/19 09:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Just asking- what is it a out M&D that makes them so dominant?? Their defense doesn’t get much work since they are so dominant on offense. What makes them so great?


They are not. The top teams trade wins against each other. M&D, Sky walkers and Hero's games will be close. That is far from saying they are dominant. As these teams get older they tend to have very close games. Watch the 21 M&D vs. 21 Sky walkers. Great games. Nobody dominants.


M&D was definitely dominant last year won NGLL and every tournament they were in. Now will they continue to be dominant? guess we’ll have to wait and see [

Who was M&d's toughest competition last year?


Top Guns. Only lost once out of about ten times they played almost every game being a battle. Monster being second followed by Heros at three.

We lost 2x to Top Guns but the games are always competitive.

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #280685
02/28/19 10:14 AM
02/28/19 10:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



CT Grizzlies also beat M&D Black in the Indoor National Championships division play and was very good. But to their credit, M&D Black bounced back and took advantage of advancing on a tie-break in a 3-way tie atop their division to go on and win the championship playoff vs. Top Guns.

Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #282266
03/31/19 08:16 AM
03/31/19 08:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Didn't M&D Black and Hero's Green play in NGLL this weekend? Who won?

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #282272
03/31/19 12:31 PM
03/31/19 12:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
CT Grizzlies also beat M&D Black in the Indoor National Championships division play and was very good. But to their credit, M&D Black bounced back and took advantage of advancing on a tie-break in a 3-way tie atop their division to go on and win the championship playoff vs. Top Guns.


Indoor? Stop

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #282294
03/31/19 08:01 PM
03/31/19 08:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn't M&D Black and Hero's Green play in NGLL this weekend? Who won?


M&D 9-5

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #282370
04/01/19 02:34 PM
04/01/19 02:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



The NGLL North clearly the stronger division going 5-2-1 in the crossover games this weekend.

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284206
04/30/19 01:57 PM
04/30/19 01:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Any surprises in NGLL so far?

Have to wait until Sunday for the M&D, Elite face off.

Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284240
05/01/19 09:33 AM
05/01/19 09:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Both teams are full of talent..
Elite is the hometown team! These girls have been together for a long time. They keep the team true and small and everyone breaks a sweat during games and plays- unlike other teams with bloated rosters (hello money grab), tiers of girls who never get real playing time, and teams with girls who are only on the team because the coaches/clubs are too cowardly to cut them because of their schools or families. This increases team size and ruins cohesive engagement within the squad. Some teams who you pay over $2k to play on, have girls who barely know each other.

Yes this sounds bitter but every year I get these same observations from the new parents on the team. I wish I had something else to tell them, as it’s too late in the season by the time they are talking to me.

Everyone wants to play on the winning team so M&D are very strong for that reason.
If you want to dominate in lacrosse you must be able to score points regardless of what everyone says about it’s all teamwork.

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284250
05/01/19 02:13 PM
05/01/19 02:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



More info on Elite team? True and small? Does that mean few new girls each year and low roster number, how many on the team? Elite does not seem to be excelling at other age groups. Is this year just a one off exception? Best girls did not get poached to Skywalkers etc. like other years? Is the formula small roster size + low turnover scalable? Or is this just an outlier that happened to have really good players join all at once and never leave?

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #285378
05/25/19 02:38 PM
05/25/19 02:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Elite is small and losing players each year. Lost to M&D and MD United big. Well coached but losing players.

M&D will also lose players this year. Lots of dissension with coach J. Peak. He micromanages from sidelines and all he does is run ISO’s. He doesn’t develop his players, have seen many good players slide with him. Wins due to talent + relies on same 4 players or so and doesn’t coach to team. Loses In big games, his coaching weaknesses are very obvious. Just watched it happen to him at NGLL. This year he will likely lose several good players, Robinson is too distracted doesn’t have a good pulse on his teams as long as they are “winning.” Watch the trend start to happen.

Look at MD United and Skywalkers this summer - they have much stronger and smarter coaching and are developing their teams and players more broadly.

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #285393
05/26/19 08:50 AM
05/26/19 08:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



What's that? The mighty mouthy M&D fell at their own declared National Champion tournament? Monsters owned them. Was not even as close as the final score. I guess little Suzy can't actually, just go to goal, all the time. NY will own the US Nationals and the National (Maryland) Championship. Just finishing what TG can't. What is with the constant screaming from the M&D coach? LOL. Enjoy your day. I know we will (or did).

Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #285403
05/26/19 03:05 PM
05/26/19 03:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Seriously . M&D is annoying but is there really a reason for this much vitriol?? Calling a winning coach mighty mouth is immature. Wow just Wow.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1