BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 52 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 51 52
Re: 2018-2019 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Worst coaches?

Easy ND and Florida, grossly underachieve every year

Worst coaches?

I could think of a couple of dozen schools that would take either coach. I mean the real bad coaches

Worst coaches?

Worst coaches?

I could think of a couple of dozen schools that would take either coach. I mean the real bad coaches

Such as?

UC Davis
William & Mary
Rutgers
California
Cincinnati
Lehigh
Monmouth
Marquette
Duquesne
Manhattan
Elon
VCU
Columbia
Siena
Robert Morris
Fresno St.
Colgate
Delaware
Bryant
Marist
Temple
New Hampshire
Furman
Davidson
Drexel
Arizona St.
Yale
UConn
Campbell
American
Kennesaw St.
UMBC
George Washington
Vermont
Old Dominion
Oregon
La Salle
Longwood
Central Mich.
Mercer
Bucknell
Winthrop
East Carolina
Canisius
Holy Cross
Detroit Mercy
Quinnipiac
Lafayette
Niagara
Butler
Saint Francis (PA)
LIU Brooklyn
Radford
UMass Lowell
Binghamton
Gardner-Webb
Sacred Heart
Stetson
Iona
Central Conn. St.
St. Bonaventure
Kent St.
Presbyterian
Hartford
Wofford
Howard
Delaware St.

Do you think they would in any way change those schools? If they can't get it done with top recruits in the country what kind of success would they have at these schools? If winning a championship is what you and your kid went to college for I'm sorry but you chose to play for coaches that can't get it done
That wasn’t the question, stop changing the subject, the question was what schools would want them as a coach and I think all of those schools, and probably even more would jump at the chance of having either coach at the helm of there program

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When it comes to recruiting at ND kids either really want to be there or they don't, very unique situation, but they certainly have the ability to get great players regardless of who's coaching

What is unique about it?

If you don't know it's clearly not unique to you, for many people ND is an iconic institution with a long history (especially in athletics) dating back to the early 1900"s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The subject was that they are incompetent coaches, not what other low level lacrosse programs would want them to coach. Just curious, why would they want them? Do you think suddenly the top recruits in the country would be flocking to those schools? I think not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When it comes to recruiting at ND kids either really want to be there or they don't, very unique situation, but they certainly have the ability to get great players regardless of who's coaching

What is unique about it?

If you don't know it's clearly not unique to you, for many people ND is an iconic institution with a long history (especially in athletics) dating back to the early 1900"s

Notre Dame is certainly a great institution with a very long and storied history in both academics and athletics. It was stated that it is a "very unique situation", what is the "unique situation?

I am not knocking ND. Notre Dame has a lot to offer but it is not everyones top choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The subject was that they are incompetent coaches, not what other low level lacrosse programs would want them to coach. Just curious, why would they want them? Do you think suddenly the top recruits in the country would be flocking to those schools? I think not
No the question was who are the worst coaches, No matter how much YOU think these two coaches "underachieve" I believe they are better than any coach listed on the list, and probably even more than that. It seems like you have some sort of bias against these two coaches simply because they haven't achieved a level of success you deem acceptable. By almost every account I have heard, both coaches are loved by there players and care for and treat every player within there programs with respect. So, with that being said I would think some top players would consider going to, lets say, Old Dominion or a William and Mary, both being great schools if either coach coached there. Now Im sure you'll come back and say both schools stink for this reason or that, but by almost every account both are better than lets say Maryland or UNC when it comes to academics. Basically what I'm saying is that you sound like a parent of a player that has some skill, but judges every aspect of life, for not only you and your daughter, but every Lacrosse player, on what someone els told you about a good Lacrosse program because you didn't even know the game existed before your daughter introduced it to you

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is unique about it?

Notre Dame is certainly a great institution with a very long and storied history in both academics and athletics. It was stated that it is a "very unique situation", what is the "unique situation?

I am not knocking ND. Notre Dame has a lot to offer but it is not everyones top choice.

ND has great appeal to significant amount of people because they're ND, on the flip side it's in the middle of nowhere and obviously is not for everyone, still the school recruits itself as well as, if not better than most schools

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
No the question was who are the worst coaches, No matter how much YOU think these two coaches "underachieve" I believe they are better than any coach listed on the list, and probably even more than that. It seems like you have some sort of bias against these two coaches simply because they haven't achieved a level of success you deem acceptable. By almost every account I have heard, both coaches are loved by there players and care for and treat every player within there programs with respect. So, with that being said I would think some top players would consider going to, lets say, Old Dominion or a William and Mary, both being great schools if either coach coached there. Now Im sure you'll come back and say both schools stink for this reason or that, but by almost every account both are better than lets say Maryland or UNC when it comes to academics. Basically what I'm saying is that you sound like a parent of a player that has some skill, but judges every aspect of life, for not only you and your daughter, but every Lacrosse player, on what someone els told you about a good Lacrosse program because you didn't even know the game existed before your daughter introduced it to you

You lost any credibility you had when you said Old Dominion is better than UNC 'by almost every account'. I'm not sure anyone would say ODU is better than UNC by any account whatsoever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very good example. William and Mary. Excellent academic school. Close to MD lax hotbed, NJ, NY/tri-State, PA...good selling point for recruiting. Beautiful campus. 5-6 years ago they hired a very good Women's Lacrosse coach from the Amonte tree. The program is still mediocre at best playing in the CAA. Is it recruiting? Coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find some kids from UF and ask them how much fun it is when the starters and bench are pitted against each other all year and don't even practice together on the same field, over the years several top players have left the program after one year - great team building by a great coach? Still haven't heard what you think is so great about them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very good example. William and Mary. Excellent academic school. Close to MD lax hotbed, NJ, NY/tri-State, PA...good selling point for recruiting. Beautiful campus. 5-6 years ago they hired a very good Women's Lacrosse coach from the Amonte tree. The program is still mediocre at best playing in the CAA. Is it recruiting? Coaching?

There just is not enough talent to go around. For the most part the Top Programs get the majority of the Top Talent every year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find some kids from UF and ask them how much fun it is when the starters and bench are pitted against each other all year and don't even practice together on the same field, over the years several top players have left the program after one year - great team building by a great coach? Still haven't heard what you think is so great about them...

Actually one of my daughters best friends is the Tewaaraton nominee from blank so I definitely Know about that one, nice try though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

You lost any credibility you had when you said Old Dominion is better than UNC 'by almost every account'. I'm not sure anyone would say ODU is better than UNC by any account whatsoever.
Why what makes UNC so much better, Does it come with a gold Plated degree? Lets be real about college, there is only one that there is almost a guarantee of success, The Wharton School, all others you get out what you put in and maybe get a bump in your first five years after school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why what makes UNC so much better, Does it come with a gold Plated degree? Lets be real about college, there is only one that there is almost a guarantee of success, The Wharton School, all others you get out what you put in and maybe get a bump in your first five years after school.

Really? All are created equal with the exception of The Wharton School? Forget Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Penn (if you are not enrolled in Wharton), Duke, Notre Dame, Brown, Northwestern, Hopkins, Dartmouth, Columbia, Yale, Virginia, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Michigan, Bucknell, Villanova etc.... All schools are equal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? All are created equal with the exception of The Wharton School? Forget Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Penn (if you are not enrolled in Wharton), Duke, Notre Dame, Brown, Northwestern, Hopkins, Dartmouth, Columbia, Yale, Virginia, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Michigan, Bucknell, Villanova etc.... All schools are equal.

Is this a real question?? All schools are NOT created equal. You have a serious inferiority complex!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really so delirious as to think that the professors delegating there responsibilities to a 22 year old TA at Northwestern, or droning on in a lecture has filled with 200 kids is doing a better job for your kid than at OD? or even lets say St Johns? Your overpaying for a brand name, nothing more. But if that makes you feel better than have at it. Truth is I am an Electrician that makes more than most and I didn't pay a dime to any of those pompous, self important gas bags. Go figure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a real question?? All schools are NOT created equal. You have a serious inferiority complex!

A lot depends on the degree you graduate with, the sociology/communications/kinesiology majors are a waste of money if your paying 70K+ a year it will take a long time to recoup that money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really so delirious as to think that the professors delegating there responsibilities to a 22 year old TA at Northwestern, or droning on in a lecture has filled with 200 kids is doing a better job for your kid than at OD? or even lets say St Johns? Your overpaying for a brand name, nothing more. But if that makes you feel better than have at it. Truth is I am an Electrician that makes more than most and I didn't pay a dime to any of those pompous, self important gas bags. Go figure

That explains your ignorance on the topic of getting a good education . All schools are not created equal, if you want to get an idea of a schools academic ranking go to US News ranking for that particular school .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28 Teams make the NCAA Tournament.

15 Automatic Qualifiers (Conference Champions)

In addition to the AQ's

ACC + 5
B1G + 3
Ivy + 2
PAC + 2
Patriot + 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That explains your ignorance on the topic of getting a good education . All schools are not created equal, if you want to get an idea of a schools academic ranking go to US News ranking for that particular school .
are you implying that because I work with my hands I’m not educated? You must be a liberal. Just so you know, at the time I came up, it took a 4 year apprenticeship to become a an electrical machanic. You have to study trigonometry, geometry and physics. I then became a Master electrician where I had to study from legal document over a thousand pages long. I need to know how to run a company, lead men , and have an extinsive knowledge of contracts, not to mention blue print reading. I am leagally allowed to design an electrical system for any building from a 1 story ranch house to a 100 story building. All this knowledge I accumulated while being paid. I had a student loan debt of $0.00. If you judge somebody’s intelligence simply by the way they make there money than you are truly the uneducated one. If you base a schools value by US mess ranking than your not only uneducated, but also a fool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

are you implying that because I work with my hands I’m not educated? You must be a liberal. Just so you know, at the time I came up, it took a 4 year apprenticeship to become a an electrical machanic. You have to study trigonometry, geometry and physics. I then became a Master electrician where I had to study from legal document over a thousand pages long. I need to know how to run a company, lead men , and have an extinsive knowledge of contracts, not to mention blue print reading. I am leagally allowed to design an electrical system for any building from a 1 story ranch house to a 100 story building. All this knowledge I accumulated while being paid. I had a student loan debt of $0.00. If you judge somebody’s intelligence simply by the way they make there money than you are truly the uneducated one. If you base a schools value by US mess ranking than your not only uneducated, but also a fool

US News is still the best source for a clear understanding of where a schools ranks in terms of academics and a good source of general information. I base my opinion on your ignorance of getting a good education on the fact that you state you did not reach a high level of education , your writing, and the fact that you are clearly anti higher education. Honestly why come onto a site and belittle getting a good quality education when you know that essentially 99 percent of the people who come onto this site want that for their children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not the electrician guy but you yourself certainly sound insufferable.
You remind me of 60% of the elitist parents whose kids are clogging up our club team. I’d say more than half are only first generation elitist as well if you want to really get uppity about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You remind me of 60% of the elitist parents whose kids are clogging up our club team. I’d say more than half are only first generation elitist as well if you want to really get uppity about it.

Well said...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ewwww, you got your pant ies all worked up didn't you?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Lacrosse Division I Rankings 4-29-2019

RANK INSTITUTION POINTS FPV RECORD LAST POLL
1 Maryland 617 21 17-0 2
2 Boston College 591 2 19-1 1
3 North Carolina 590 2 15-3 3
4 Syracuse 551 0 15-4 4
5 Northwestern 524 0 12-4 5
6 Virginia 476 0 12-6 7
7 Notre Dame 458 0 13-4 6
8 Michigan 451 0 15-2 8
9 Princeton 412 0 12-3 10
10 James Madison 382 0 14-3 9
11 Loyola 380 0 13-4 11
12 Penn 317 0 11-4 12
13 Duke 312 0 10-8 15
14 Navy (USNA) 306 0 14-3 13
15 Denver 280 0 13-2 14
16 Southern California 246 0 16-3 17
17 Stony Brook 242 0 13-4 16
T-18 Dartmouth 221 0 11-4 19
T-18 Florida 221 0 11-6 18
20 Colorado 125 0 10-7 22
21 Johns Hopkins 102 0 10-7 23
22 Stanford 98 0 13-5 20
23 Virginia Tech 84 0 8-10 21
24 High Point 46 0 15-4 25
25 Penn State 32 0 8-8 RV
RV Georgetown 9-8 24

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Lacrosse Division II Rankings 4-29-2019

1 Le Moyne 625 25 17-0 1
2 Adelphi 596 0 15-2 2
3 Regis (Colorado) 563 0 16-0 4
4 Tampa 552 0 14-3 6
5 Florida Southern 504 0 16-3 5
6 West Chester 493 0 15-2 7
7 Rollins 475 0 14-2 3
8 LIU Post 449 0 14-3 8
9 Lindenwood (MO) 421 0 15-1 9
10 Queens (North Carolina) 411 0 17-2 10
11 UIndy 380 0 16-1 11
12 Limestone 357 0 18-2 12
13 Mercy 327 0 13-4 13
14 East Stroudsburg 296 0 13-4 14
15 Colorado Mesa 267 0 13-2 15
16 Pace 226 0 11-6 17
17 Assumption 223 0 13-4 18
18 Bentley 202 0 11-5 20
19 New Haven 191 0 11-6 16
20 New York Tech 166 0 13-4 19
21 Grand Valley State 114 0 13-3 22
22 Merrimack 106 0 8-8 21
23 Mount Olive 69 0 14-6 T-23
24 Mercyhurst 62 0 12-5 T-23
25 Saint Leo 24 0 13-4 25

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Lacrosse Division III Rankings 4-29-2019

1 Washington and Lee 613 18 15-2 1
2 Gettysburg 597 2 15-1 2
3 Middlebury 582 4 15-1 3
4 Franklin & Marshall 543 0 14-3 4
5 Tufts 533 1 15-1 5
6 Salisbury 504 0 15-2 6
7 Wesleyan (CT) 476 0 14-2 7
8 York (PA) 448 0 13-5 8
9 Mary Washington 421 0 15-3 9
10 Catholic 386 0 13-4 10
11 Amherst 382 0 12-4 11
12 St. John Fisher 356 0 16-1 12
13 Bowdoin 303 0 9-7 13
14 William Smith 300 0 15-2 T-14
15 Colby 282 0 9-6 T-14
16 TCNJ 245 0 11-5 17
17 Trinity (CT) 224 0 9-7 16
18 University of Scranton 192 0 15-2 18
19 Colorado College 178 0 17-1 19
20 SUNY Cortland 147 0 11-5 20
21 Ithaca 118 0 12-5 21
22 Dickinson 89 0 11-5 22
23 SUNY Geneseo 80 0 13-4 24
24 Washington College 48 0 12-5 25
25 Bates 38 0 8-8 23

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

1 Maryland 617 21 17-0 2
4 Syracuse 551 0 15-4 4
6 Virginia 476 0 12-6 7
8 Michigan 451 0 15-2 8
11 Loyola 380 0 13-4 11
12 Penn 317 0 11-4 12
13 Duke 312 0 10-8 15
15 Denver 280 0 13-2 14
22 Stanford 98 0 13-5 20
RV Georgetown 9-8 24

Seriously, get rid of the schools after the top 20. Colorado at 20?? Their only good win was against USC and they are only ranked 16th. Va Tech has 10 losses. Georgetown?? They just lost to Marquette. There are not enough good teasm to rank 25 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

1 Maryland 617 21 17-0 2
4 Syracuse 551 0 15-4 4
6 Virginia 476 0 12-6 7
8 Michigan 451 0 15-2 8
11 Loyola 380 0 13-4 11
12 Penn 317 0 11-4 12
13 Duke 312 0 10-8 15
15 Denver 280 0 13-2 14
22 Stanford 98 0 13-5 20
RV Georgetown 9-8 24

Seriously, get rid of the schools after the top 20. Colorado at 20?? Their only good win was against USC and they are only ranked 16th. Va Tech has 10 losses. Georgetown?? They just lost to Marquette. There are not enough good teasm to rank 25 teams.

I am on the fence with the rankings going to 25 but at the end of the day it really does not matter. I think the top three (Maryland, BC and UNC) are a notch above the field Not sure JMU should be at 10 but I think 4 - 20 are all excellent teams that can knock each other off on any given day.

I love the teams that play difficult schedules but you have to be able to win a couple of the tough ones in order to be considered Top 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US News is still the best source for a clear understanding of where a schools ranks in terms of academics and a good source of general information. I base my opinion on your ignorance of getting a good education on the fact that you state you did not reach a high level of education , your writing, and the fact that you are clearly anti higher education. Honestly why come onto a site and belittle getting a good quality education when you know that essentially 99 percent of the people who come onto this site want that for their children.
Your Idea of "higher education" is overspending on elitist liberals that can't do the thing they teach in the real world ( those that can do, those that can't teach) 99% of the parents that come on this site don't really care what there kids study in college, otherwise that would dominate the conversation. 99% of the parents on this site want to brag that there kid is a top recruit at a US News top 100 school. Thats why half the UMD roster has a major in Numbers and science

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the top 12-13 its a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your Idea of "higher education" is overspending on elitist liberals that can't do the thing they teach in the real world ( those that can do, those that can't teach) 99% of the parents that come on this site don't really care what there kids study in college, otherwise that would dominate the conversation. 99% of the parents on this site want to brag that there kid is a top recruit at a US News top 100 school. Thats why half the UMD roster has a major in Numbers and science

I guess that you are the enlightened 1% who has it all figured out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Your Idea of "higher education" is overspending on elitist liberals that can't do the thing they teach in the real world ( those that can do, those that can't teach) 99% of the parents that come on this site don't really care what there kids study in college, otherwise that would dominate the conversation. 99% of the parents on this site want to brag that there kid is a top recruit at a US News top 100 school. Thats why half the UMD roster has a major in Numbers and science"

Your post is the exact reason a higher education matters. Please go back to your rigorous electrical school training and speak to your non elitist professor in regard to the use of their and there. Also what the heck is a major in " numbers and science". Are you trying to say that a major in science such as biology at UMD is easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. Florida, Dartmouth and Stony Brook are all very good teams. Definitely The Top 20 can compete ... pushing it a little going to Top 25.

All in all it is good for the sport. I am thankful that the talent pool is not that deep. I have a 2019 with an opportunity to go to a great academic school and possibly get playing time. The program is not and will probably never be considered Top 30 and we are very happy about it. Older sister at a top 10 program where some really good players have trouble getting on the field. In the end it is all about the education but competitive athletes generally feel better about themselves if they are getting playing time.

For parents with younger children ... It has been said many times on this site... but it is worth repeating ... Do your best to help your daughter find a school where she will be happy even if lacrosse does not go as planned. Do your best to get the vibe of the team. Try to find out if the girls who do not get a lot of playing time are able to maintain a positive attitude. Do your best to find alumni who played for the coach and talk to them (not just the All-Americans). Know before you go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. Florida, Dartmouth and Stony Brook are all very good teams. Definitely The Top 20 can compete ... pushing it a little going to Top 25.

All in all it is good for the sport. I am thankful that the talent pool is not that deep. I have a 2019 with an opportunity to go to a great academic school and possibly get playing time. The program is not and will probably never be considered Top 30 and we are very happy about it. Older sister at a top 10 program where some really good players have trouble getting on the field. In the end it is all about the education but competitive athletes generally feel better about themselves if they are getting playing time.

For parents with younger children ... It has been said many times on this site... but it is worth repeating ... Do your best to help your daughter find a school where she will be happy even if lacrosse does not go as planned. Do your best to get the vibe of the team. Try to find out if the girls who do not get a lot of playing time are able to maintain a positive attitude. Do your best to find alumni who played for the coach and talk to them (not just the All-Americans). Know before you go.

Several good points made here...

BTW I wish I was an electrician.. it beats sitting behind this desk 8-10 hours a day..except whens it cold and you have to be outside.. or if its too hot .. ahhh let me go back and read my 75 emails

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bottom line is that education is a business decision.

If your child is interested in pursuing a field that requires higher education, then it's the right choice. But, buyer beware. All schools are selling your young adult a dream. The field she is interested in should dictate where she applies. For instance, if her career path will require graduate school, then she may get more bang for her buck attending an in-state school where the tuition is substantially less and save the student debt load and or mom and dad's education savings for grad school. If she wants to work as a veterinarian at Disney's Wild Kingdom, they hire almost exclusively from a veterinary school in Florida whose name eludes me at the moment. Your family is making a rather expensive purchase, and due diligence is required.

And for the record, I do not have a college degree. I chose the military straight out of High School. I do have a successful business with 35 employees working for me, and many with college degrees 😂. My daughters don't need a scholarship or student loans; I already have money for school put away for them should they choose that career path. To say going to college is the only route to success is beyond ignorance. Success requires some small measure of intelligence, a solid work ethic and the ability to think independently. That's it. And it can be taught at home - not at the US News Top 100 schools.

(How's my grammar?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your child is interested in pursuing a field that requires higher education, then it's the right choice. But, buyer beware. All schools are selling your young adult a dream. The field she is interested in should dictate where she applies. For instance, if her career path will require graduate school, then she may get more bang for her buck attending an in-state school where the tuition is substantially less and save the student debt load and or mom and dad's education savings for grad school. If she wants to work as a veterinarian at Disney's Wild Kingdom, they hire almost exclusively from a veterinary school in Florida whose name eludes me at the moment. Your family is making a rather expensive purchase, and due diligence is required.

And for the record, I do not have a college degree. I chose the military straight out of High School. I do have a successful business with 35 employees working for me, and many with college degrees 😂. My daughters don't need a scholarship or student loans; I already have money for school put away for them should they choose that career path. To say going to college is the only route to success is beyond ignorance. Success requires some small measure of intelligence, a solid work ethic and the ability to think independently. That's it. And it can be taught at home - not at the US News Top 100 schools.

(How's my grammar?)

I do not recall anyone saying "going to college is the only route to success is beyond ignorance." Not sure why people like you want to pound your chest about your situation. There are many people who if defined by their bank accounts are way more successful than you who did attend one of those top universities. There are many who attended those schools who may not be as financially well off. I am sure that there are plenty of people who choose not to attend college who are struggling financially .

To each his or her own. Trying to tear down or knock others will not elevate you or your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(How's my grammar?)

Your grammar seems above average your reasoning and the fact you are arguing against a fictitious statement is not really relevant to the discussion. Your requirements for success are just meaningless drivel and come across as a poster that thinks they know what is right for everyone. There is no one life direction that is right for everybody but knocking those wanting a higher education is as ignorant as those who knock entering the military.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for an excellent post!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Your Idea of "higher education" is overspending on elitist liberals that can't do the thing they teach in the real world ( those that can do, those that can't teach) 99% of the parents that come on this site don't really care what there kids study in college, otherwise that would dominate the conversation. 99% of the parents on this site want to brag that there kid is a top recruit at a US News top 100 school. Thats why half the UMD roster has a major in Numbers and science"

Your post is the exact reason a higher education matters. Please go back to your rigorous electrical school training and speak to your non elitist professor in regard to the use of their and there. Also what the heck is a major in " numbers and science". Are you trying to say that a major in science such as biology at UMD is easy.

You can probably count on one hand the amount of lax players on each team at the top 10 who are taking a major other than communications, sociology and exercise science. Some programs are embarrassed to even list the players major and other put just put the school they're attending - I would guess there's not a lot of engineering, finance and pre-med kids on UMD roster or any of the others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can probably count on one hand the amount of lax players on each team at the top 10 who are taking a major other than communications, sociology and exercise science. Some programs are embarrassed to even list the players major and other put just put the school they're attending - I would guess there's not a lot of engineering, finance and pre-med kids on UMD roster or any of the others
For the record, Numbers and Science is an actual field of study at UMD. Instead of shooting off at the mouth you should have checked. But you don’t sound like the kind of person to let facts get in you way, and by the way it’s not a science path, it’s the athletes uncommitted path.

Page 46 of 52 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard