BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 311 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Severn coach has actually been doing quite a bit of outreach with local club teams and understand they have a great 2023 class coming in next year. AA County private schools go in cycles. Severn made the playoffs last year, STM is up this year, and Spalding MAY be up in the next few years. Severn will be back.

On another note, Spalding dismantled SP last night.

Agreed...Severn does recruit, silly and uninformed to say otherwise. You should have said Severn goes in cycles, St. Mary's routinely qualifies or is in the mix for conference playoffs. They had one off year after winning the championship in 15. Spalding has made the playoffs one time since joining the A Conference, so hardly a cycle.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the #6 quote is about the Severn Attack. Jon Jarosz. I think he had 2-3 goals. He is committed to Navy.

Thanks, didn't 3 different kids from Broadneck each have 2-3 goals. Would that put them in beast mode as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SM has been in the playoffs five of the last six years, has won conference championships, and has not lost to a public school since the 1960s. They should not be grouped with Spadling and Severn in your otherwise solid post. [/quote]

Severn has beat SM for the last 3 years with significant point differentials. Granted, not likely to happen this year, but lets not act like they are in there own special group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can they rename this thread to "The bitter, half-rate, snotty private school parent thread" so people who start reading it know there is NO good information in here about lacrosse? 93 pages dedicated to bitc@#$ about 1-3 schools that MD's top public schools could throttle! Why, because they are private schools? Who cares!

Spalding beats Severna Park 13-6..... Thats gotta hurt !! LOL

SP wasn’t even on the same playing field. Goes to show you that the public school state championships are not that big of a deal. Weak lacrosse.

Look at the scores that these public schools post. Big scores against weak lacrosse teams.

First time Spalding has beaten SP in 3 years and SP had a backup goalie in cage and you're beating your chest about it? LOL - I love it!

Spalding is essentially a Public School that fools like you pay way too much $$ to attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, SM also has their fair share of 2-3 win conference seasons and SM record against public schools is also the result of a bit of timely scheduling during some anticipated "down years".

Fair to drop AS a peg below due to their history in the B conference, but Severn and SM have close A conf histories with some good teams and great players coming from each.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, SM also has their fair share of 2-3 win conference seasons and SM record against public schools is also the result of a bit of timely scheduling during some anticipated "down years".

Fair to drop AS a peg below due to their history in the B conference, but Severn and SM have close A conf histories with some good teams and great players coming from each.

Good discussion. I enjoy the SM - Sev rivalry and have real respect for both programs.

Last 20 meetings are 15-5 in favor of SM with Sev winning the last three.

Probably much tighter in the prior 20 meetings back when Severn had Sims, Wades, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding can battle it out with MSJ, Severn and JC to be the worst team in the MIAA this year. Next year they can do the same. Losing is their nature. They can’t help it. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s is going toe to toe with Baltimore blue bloods, will be in the playoffs and has a serious shot at the league title. Walmart and Shake Shake are the only things worth heading to Glen Burnie (cough - “Severn”) for. Spalding is joke. Just accept that fact and move on.

Finally it comes out. Your son was not asked to go to Spalding like some of his teammates. He just wasnt up to playing at a high level according to coach. Instead he stayed and is warming the bench at StM. Now you are bitterly jealous of the boys that left success and your poor son never seeing the field. Why didnt you just say so at first ?

That’s not at all what I got out of his post. You must lead a boring life.

Better to be boring than bitter and hate filled .

ummm, every kid in Anne Arundel was asked to come play at Spalding for the past 2 years. Only the few that are drinking the kool aid accepted. The hatred for STM and what sounds like for even club teammates that did not go to Spalding is very interesting and speaks volumes for you character overall. Do you really think any of the hundred kids that chose not to attend Spalding are jealous or regretting their decision.I think not, in fact it is the opposite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can they rename this thread to "The bitter, half-rate, snotty private school parent thread" so people who start reading it know there is NO good information in here about lacrosse? 93 pages dedicated to bitc@#$ about 1-3 schools that MD's top public schools could throttle! Why, because they are private schools? Who cares!

SP wasn’t even on the same playing field. Goes to show you that the public school state championships are not that big of a deal. Weak lacrosse.

Look at the scores that these public schools post. Big scores against weak lacrosse teams.

First time Spalding has beaten SP in 3 years and SP had a backup goalie in cage and you're beating your chest about it? LOL - I love it!

Spalding is essentially a Public School that fools like you pay way too much $$ to attend.

You just cant decide which way to go, First Spalding cant compete and stinks. Now when they do what you say they cant, and you get called out, its chest beating . LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just cant decide which way to go, First Spalding cant compete and stinks. Now when they do what you say they cant, and you get called out, its chest beating . LOL

As an outsider to the internecine feud in AA County. Spalding is rising and will with the right coaching improve dramatically over the next two years. Severn peaked when they made the semis several years ago but the cupboard is bare and the new coach has to find some new A Conference lacrosse players. Yes, they recruit but have zero merit dollars so the lift they get from recruiting is muted. SM is more consistent and is as we speak the #2 team in the Conference. I'm not sure they don't drop off a bit due to losing a couple of Hawks classes to Spalding. That being said they definitely have a more proven coaching staff and lacrosse legacy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess the ones beating their chest are the Severna Park kids that go to Spalding. They don’t see the field on jv or varsity so I guess it’s best to have your Pom Poms our and cheer for your team anyway you can.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding can battle it out with MSJ, Severn and JC to be the worst team in the MIAA this year. Next year they can do the same. Losing is their nature. They can’t help it. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s is going toe to toe with Baltimore blue bloods, will be in the playoffs and has a serious shot at the league title. Walmart and Shake Shake are the only things worth heading to Glen Burnie (cough - “Severn”) for. Spalding is joke. Just accept that fact and move on.

Finally it comes out. Your son was not asked to go to Spalding like some of his teammates. He just wasnt up to playing at a high level according to coach. Instead he stayed and is warming the bench at StM. Now you are bitterly jealous of the boys that left success and your poor son never seeing the field. Why didnt you just say so at first ?

ummm, every kid in Anne Arundel was asked to come play at Spalding for the past 2 years. Only the few that are drinking the kool aid accepted. The hatred for STM and what sounds like for even club teammates that did not go to Spalding is very interesting and speaks volumes for you character overall. Do you really think any of the hundred kids that chose not to attend Spalding are jealous or regretting their decision.I think not, in fact it is the opposite.

^^^ This guy knows what's up. My kid was offered a full ride to spalding and he laughed in the coaches face about it. What a joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now you are really an interesting person. Somehow you are ok with the complete hatred thrown at the entire Spalding School , but a single reference to one person sitting on the bench at StM has morphed into hundreds of StM players that didnt go , wow, that is One big Strawman !! Hilarious ,

You need to get out more, It is just HS lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its interesting - at the game last night Broadneck, St Mary's SP Spalding Severn players,families all get along just fine, having fun, enjoying each others company. Great local spirits tradition. Over the course of 3 hours I did not hear a foul word, or negative comment about one of the participating schools - actually quite the contrary. Then you come out on a forum where you can post anonymously and the garbage starts to fly. Hilarious. This forum should require name and picture - then overnight it would become a cordial,engaging platform about------- Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You raised a very respectful young man....laughed in his face now that is laughable if you think anyone believes that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are absolutely correct... bunch of coward keyboard warriors on here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its interesting - at the game last night Broadneck, St Mary's SP Spalding Severn players,families all get along just fine, having fun, enjoying each others company. Great local spirits tradition. Over the course of 3 hours I did not hear a foul word, or negative comment about one of the participating schools - actually quite the contrary. Then you come out on a forum where you can post anonymously and the garbage starts to fly. Hilarious. This forum should require name and picture - then overnight it would become a cordial,engaging platform about------- Lacrosse

You must not have been sitting on the Spalding side of the field. I walked over there for a quarter and have to say they are the biggest bunch of RN wanna be blue bloods I have ever seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must not have been sitting on the Spalding side of the field. I walked over there for a quarter and have to say they are the biggest bunch of RN wanna be blue bloods I have ever seen.

^^^^ is truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No question SP is down a bit this year compared to years past. Westminster beat up on them pretty good in SP's preseason tournament. You know what the real difference is between SP and Spalding? Its not 7 goals this year. The real difference is that SP parents don't pay $18k per year to lose most of their games by 7 goals for 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Spalding parents are BadPerson

"No question SP is down a bit this year compared to years past. Westminster beat up on them pretty good in SP's preseason tournament. "
^^ this part of your post is ignorant - it was a scrimmage and SP played everyone equally. SP is young this year but they would blow Westminster off the field if they played the game to win.

"You know what the real difference is between SP and Spalding? Its not 7 goals this year. The real difference is that SP parents don't pay $18k per year to lose most of their games by 7 goals for 4 years. "
^^ this part of your post is hilarious... it's funny because it's true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are all the Hawks 23 kids going next year? They are a good team. Any of them going to Glen Burnie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet, you post anonymously

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are all the Hawks 23 kids going next year? They are a good team. Any of them going to Glen Burnie?

Good team really? The defense plays zone because they are not athletic enough to play man. They will fit right in at Spalding. Spaldings defense is the worst in the league just check the stats.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Two of them are skipping HS and going straight to D1 schools... you heard it here first. Seriously though two going to Culvert, a few to Calvert Hall, Saint Mary’s, one going to Hill academy, a few will reclass and repeat the 8th grade so they can play zone defense again next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good team really? The defense plays zone because they are not athletic enough to play man. They will fit right in at Spalding. Spaldings defense is the worst in the league just check the stats.

Stats ?? LOL. Do you wakeup with Spalding, all day Spalding and go to sleep with Spalding ?? It sure seems like it !
You and your Spalding haters need to go somewhere Sunny where people are happy. Your little groups obsession with Spalding is not good for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is time for this topic to be over. This HIGH SCHOOL forum has be come AA county high school and it is boring. I would like to hear about some other school or conferences. How are the WCAC , IAC or other MIAA schools doing? Someone please talk about something else other then this boring Spalding, STM or Severn. In reality they are not as good as any of the Towson MIAA schools. Just saying! Time to move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are hawks 23 going? It is amazing how
Much people on this forums simply make up. 6 are going to Severn. Similar number to st Mary’s. None to Spalding Rest are staying with their publics with the exception of a couple to Calvert Hall, one to ICS, etc. no one is going to Culvert Or Hill

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broadneck 9 Tomorrow's Team 7.........Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. That there is funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broadneck never trailed and wins 9-7

Public School is free

I was looking for these better coaching staffs from Severn and Spalding. Didn’t see them this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The #movement at Spalding just ran into Broadneck. The wheels have come off on New Cut Road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just having some fun with them. They really don’t need to know where they are going to HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The #movement at Spalding just ran into Broadneck. The wheels have come off on New Cut Road.

The wheels came off the bus at Severn, the “other” 21146 school now has bragging right

0-2!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disappointed that this is the comment about a double overtime game where both teams played their best. An unsettled situation was the difference with Severn /SP. I don’t know about you, but we were all winners spending a wonderful day watching competitive lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disappointed that this is the comment about a double overtime game where both teams played their best. An unsettled situation was the difference with Severn /SP. I don’t know about you, but we were all winners spending a wonderful day watching competitive lax.

I'm sure you are Biff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-2 for 28k

2-0 for free

Call it what you want but I’d ask for a refund. Drive 1/2 mile and save your money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a wonderful day who has unlimited resources got out coached and out played. Were the other 8 goals unsettled?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-2 for 28k

2-0 for free

Call it what you want but I’d ask for a refund. Drive 1/2 mile and save your money

It is not their fault that you didnt make that much of your life and cant afford private school. I know it is hard to swallow , but your interpretation of what is expensive and what others feel is expensive is very different. Unless you are living it, difficult for people of your means to understand. Be happy with what you have not what you are jealous of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. My kids team lost to a public school and I’m mad so I’m going to measure my d... I mean my bank account to make it look like my kid won. Your kids team lost. Not only did your kids team lose they got straight up exposed SP And Broadneck could play in the MIAA and that kills someone of your “means” so remember while your trophy wife who secretly hates you and wants to bang the public school pool boy picks your boy up from practice she is picking up a kid who is scared of a kid who got dropped off in a F-150 and went to work. The creator gave us this game not your fancy butt job. Middle finger to you sir and I hope your BMW gets a flat tire on the way to watch your kid lose again 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened when ya boys saw Broadneck? Lol. You were never in the game 😂

Like Reply Quote
A