BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,271
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 37 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only elite matters???? delusional parent...cheaters division... go play 2022 and play with people your own age

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are over 40 teams playing HOCO in five divisions yet this team that may not be top 15 is the talk of the league??

Because only the elite division matters and this team does not and never did belong.

who cares.. grow up. ITS NOT ABOUT THAT!!! when will you see the forest through the trees!

All about that and nothing else. For this forum anyway. No one cares about the other divisions. So no one posts about them.

They are busy laughing at people like you who take this way too seriously

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the same three or four people on here arguing with each other. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s one or two of you guys arguing with yourself. Cheaters, Holdbacks, MM, team 91, is all you see on gear lately. Is anyone on this forum even interested in just developing your son into a better lacrosse player? After HS 75% will never play the game again even in the elite division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the same three or four people on here arguing with each other. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s one or two of you guys arguing with yourself. Cheaters, Holdbacks, MM, team 91, is all you see on gear lately. Is anyone on this forum even interested in just developing your son into a better lacrosse player? After HS 75% will never play the game again even in the elite division

75% is probably a little low..look at the geographic diversity on college rosters now, and the pool of plays is growing exponentially every year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son does not play elite, and you understand most kids won’t play after HS, what are yiu “developing” him to do? To late for his develop for high school.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only elite matters???? delusional parent...cheaters division... go play 2022 and play with people your own age

Actually, I prefer my son in the elite division so he plays against older kids. Good prep for high school. smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son does not play elite, and you understand most kids won’t play after HS, what are yiu “developing” him to do? To late for his develop for high school.

Foolish comment. Is the only reason to play 8th grade lacrosse to prepare for college lacrosse? There are late bloomers that aren't youth stars that become impact HS players and NCAA players. Likewise there's no guarantee your "elite" stars will become HS stars or play in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son does play in the Elite division. The point is why bother beating a dead horse if everybody is playing by he rules. Even if you don’t agree with them they are still within the rules. Intelligent conversation About lacrosse will never happen on this forum. If we spent the money on academics as we do on lacrosse all of our kids would have full rides. That is the point right? We are just doing this for scholarships because after D1 lacrosse there’s this thing called life we need to prepare our children for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son does play in the Elite division. The point is why bother beating a dead horse if everybody is playing by he rules. Even if you don’t agree with them they are still within the rules. Intelligent conversation About lacrosse will never happen on this forum. If we spent the money on academics as we do on lacrosse all of our kids would have full rides. That is the point right? We are just doing this for scholarships because after D1 lacrosse there’s this thing called life we need to prepare our children for.

Main reason is that these are kids, youths, children...And Youth Sports is meant to be played within some age group..not let select kids get an advantage..

Its YOUTH Sports,,not HS Not College

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then go play rec...problem solved

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the elite teams really have older players? Let's discuss. Or NOT there are some good games this weekend. Final preview Hawks/Crabs and NL/91 to see if 91 will win a HOCO game this year. If they lose they can hopefully rebound v. Looney's Green on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop letting older players compete that cant make it against their own age peers. Make them play against their own age . Problem solved but it would level the playing field against kids that cant compete on age an upset you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same old garbage on this forum on all threads. Tell it to HoCo. Lacrosse: Derek Ludlow - Masters & Grand Masters - 410-313-4706 dludlow@howardcountymd.gov

This isn't advocating either way but soccer made a drastic and immediate change back to age based a few years ago and participation dropped immediately and hasn't recovered. They found parents overwhelmingly sought activities where their kids could play with classmates. The immediate change to calendar year birth date broke up long standing teams and those kids moved on from soccer and have not come back to the sport yet.

I'm not particularly happy about my kid's team having to compete against teams with rosters compositions of 50% and more kids born prior to 9/1 and 75% before 1/1 but it's hard to complain when his team's roster has 4 or 5 summer birthday kids too. And I wonder how I'd feel if a nearby club disbanded and the roster gained a few more displacing even more of the younger birthdays. They'd be better but i'd be even more of a hypocrite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the elite teams really have older players? Let's discuss. Or NOT there are some good games this weekend. Final preview Hawks/Crabs and NL/91 to see if 91 will win a HOCO game this year. If they lose they can hopefully rebound v. Looney's Green on Sunday.

Get there early for Crabs vs Hawks. It should be fun watching the holdback Crabs light up the scoreboard while keeping an eye on Hawks goalie dad losing his sh...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop letting older players compete that cant make it against their own age peers. Make them play against their own age . Problem solved but it would level the playing field against kids that cant compete on age an upset you.

My son is on age and has no problem playing against older kids. It only seems to upset the people who’s child can’t compete at a level their parents expect them to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks win by 3 and the goalie dad leaves with your wife...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same old garbage on this forum on all threads. Tell it to HoCo. Lacrosse: Derek Ludlow - Masters & Grand Masters - 410-313-4706 dludlow@howardcountymd.gov

This isn't advocating either way but soccer made a drastic and immediate change back to age based a few years ago and participation dropped immediately and hasn't recovered. They found parents overwhelmingly sought activities where their kids could play with classmates. The immediate change to calendar year birth date broke up long standing teams and those kids moved on from soccer and have not come back to the sport yet.

I'm not particularly happy about my kid's team having to compete against teams with rosters compositions of 50% and more kids born prior to 9/1 and 75% before 1/1 but it's hard to complain when his team's roster has 4 or 5 summer birthday kids too. And I wonder how I'd feel if a nearby club disbanded and the roster gained a few more displacing even more of the younger birthdays. They'd be better but i'd be even more of a hypocrite.

Do you think when the cheater's get older they will allow "masters" players to play up on "grand masters" teams? Funny thing is that for masters they do verify age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will all be settled in high school next year. Your holdback son on Fresh\soph with mine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think when the cheater's get older they will allow "masters" players to play up on "grand masters" teams? Funny thing is that for masters they do verify age.

Actually in Masters & GM they usually allow a certain number of age exemptions per team. So yes, they do allow it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually in Masters & GM they usually allow a certain number of age exemptions per team. So yes, they do allow it.

Yes, I know and I was really just joking about the irony. Usually it is all agreed upon for teams and very transparent, many times it is for goalies and/or to get enough numbers so us older folks do not have to run too much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer drop has absolutely nothing to do with grade base, NOTHING.. All sports besides two have had a drop in numbers. Main problem with drop is that club soccer is taking over in many areas and cost along with other factors, none to do with garde base.

The age thing that soccer did was change from school calendar age Sept 1 to Jan 1 birth year for all programs like the rest of world does. They gave programs two years to clean the date up. Nothing to do with grade. I see same thing happening in lacrosse with cost and clubs . Club explosion has hurt many rec programs, soccer and lacrosse.

Soccer has a strict age requirement with cards at elite level and has had that for years. The elite level players and the other 5 million soccer players can figure out how to go by age in USA .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is on age and has no problem playing against older kids. It only seems to upset the people who’s child can’t compete at a level their parents expect them to.

I always found that it upset the holdback/prefirst/reclass players parents when their child had to play against kids their own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I always found that it upset the holdback/prefirst/reclass players parents when their child had to play against kids their own age.

That’s a legit statement only a parent of a holdback could reply too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you can't compete go play rec? how about play with kids your own age...because your kid can't compete with them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get there early for Crabs vs Hawks. It should be fun watching the holdback Crabs light up the scoreboard while keeping an eye on Hawks goalie dad losing his sh...

Hahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahaha

Hawks win by 6 and the big crab goes nuts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs was a B team last year. Best in the country this year. Reload? Or RM coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"B" team?? Lost in the semi to Club Blue who the played in the final the year before. They were clearly the third best team in Elite last season. Top 1 or 2 this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs was a B team last year. Best in the country this year. Reload? Or RM coaching?

RM begged and pleaded with all kinds of Holdback kids from all over to create that team... 17 out of the 23 kids on that team are older... Some of those kids on the team never ever play and have been with that program for years.... even when they were beating Looneys 23-8, RM never subbed and ran the score up on a team that was obviously struggling that day.. Zero Class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"B" team?? Lost in the semi to Club Blue who the played in the final the year before. They were clearly the third best team in Elite last season. Top 1 or 2 this season.

Good job...... Kids on that 2023 Crabs team are old enough to be playing JV high school lacrosse and probably should be.... Congrats on dominating in an 8th grade lacrosse league.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RM begged and pleaded with all kinds of Holdback kids from all over to create that team... 17 out of the 23 kids on that team are older... Some of those kids on the team never ever play and have been with that program for years.... even when they were beating Looneys 23-8, RM never subbed and ran the score up on a team that was obviously struggling that day.. Zero Class

Looneys “struggling that day”? Have one win ... against 91. Will get blown out this weekend too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good job...... Kids on that 2023 Crabs team are old enough to be playing JV high school lacrosse and probably should be.... Congrats on dominating in an 8th grade lacrosse league.....

'Cmon Man you can do better than that! The Elite division is an 8th grade league? Think what you want about holdback-Reclass but at least acknowledge that all the other teams are as well. Even T91 has holdbacks. The League is level all play by the same rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'Cmon Man you can do better than that! The Elite division is an 8th grade league? Think what you want about holdback-Reclass but at least acknowledge that all the other teams are as well. Even T91 has holdbacks. The League is level all play by the same rules.

I think the Average across all teams in HOCO have 5-6 holdbacks. If Crabs do have 17 that took some heavy recruiting to win a 2023 league. RM is just trying to build his club back to where it once was. Everyone wants to play for a winning organization. I still say Hawks win by three and goalie has the best game of the year if that’s possible. He will start as a freshman in the MI AA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they have played everyone in every game so far since the Fall. They do a very good job with getting kids on the field in various roles. Playing time isn't 50/50 but it isn't 90/10 either.

And the reason they kept their foot on the gas in the looneys game (while still playing everyone) was because of how the looney's coaches were behaving. I would be embarrassed to have my kid on that team, wow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they have played everyone in every game so far since the Fall. They do a very good job with getting kids on the field in various roles. Playing time isn't 50/50 but it isn't 90/10 either.

And the reason they kept their foot on the gas in the looneys game (while still playing everyone) was because of how the looney's coaches were behaving. I would be embarrassed to have my kid on that team, wow.

This sounds like the dad for one of the crabs’ goalies ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, try again.

Seems like Baltimore County teams have very stable coaching staffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 MD should be banned for that lunatic coach and for strong-arming their 23 team to be Elite when they have been winless for 2+ years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 MD should be banned for that lunatic coach and for strong-arming their 23 team to be Elite when they have been winless for 2+ years.

Lunatic coach banned himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lunatic coach banned himself.

Are u sure ?? Hard to see him not coaching his kid . I guess stranger things have happened.

Page 26 of 37 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard