BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BLLC very good 2024 Philly All-Star Team. 75% of those kids weren’t even on the team last year. This is Philly’s version of an All-Star Team. It would be like Express, Wolfpack, and Taz pulling the best kids on the Island and playing in a tournament! Imagine that happening!?!?!? BBL also very good but not the same Team without the two big kids. The East was very very very week this year. It will come down to the 3 LI Teams and the Philly All-Star team if they mesh and play well.

BLLC team majority of kids been together. A year ago team got stronger adding some key kids but the reason now dominant because playing age based teams. They have wins over a lot of top teams in 2024 but just couldn't finish off tournaments. This is not an all star team from Philly. Freedom and NXT have quite a few very good players not on this team. The 3 top teams in Philly do not get along that is why a FOGO from NXT going to LI team (come on LI seriously). Now are they the best team in the area yes I would say that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLLC very good 2024 Philly All-Star Team. 75% of those kids weren’t even on the team last year. This is Philly’s version of an All-Star Team. It would be like Express, Wolfpack, and Taz pulling the best kids on the Island and playing in a tournament! Imagine that happening!?!?!? BBL also very good but not the same Team without the two big kids. The East was very very very week this year. It will come down to the 3 LI Teams and the Philly All-Star team if they mesh and play well.

BLLC team majority of kids been together. A year ago team got stronger adding some key kids but the reason now dominant because playing age based teams. They have wins over a lot of top teams in 2024 but just couldn't finish off tournaments. This is not an all star team from Philly. Freedom and NXT have quite a few very good players not on this team. The 3 top teams in Philly do not get along that is why a FOGO from NXT going to LI team (come on LI seriously). Now are they the best team in the area yes I would say that.

It is comical that WSYL would let a kid from suburban PA play for a NY based team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is comical that WSYL would let a kid from suburban PA play for a NY based team...

I thought he went to the Warrior All America tryout for team Long Island North. The WSYL rules state "All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program" which is borderline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comical is that said LI team would actually bring in kid from PA. Kid from PA is a terrific person and player but cmon. Has to be with in 100 miles so its all with in the rules but its kind of sad.....and even worse is the other LIE FO kid is terrific.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does the WSYL need to be in Denver? Wouldn’t it make more sense to move this to Long Island, Philadelphia, or Baltimore? You know where the game is established and would draw more top teams.
The need to grow the game sometimes seems like a need for more money. Stay on east coast...build the product up so when it does spread it’s a well oiled machine.

Good question. The answer is because Jake Steinfeld has a close personal friendship with the owner of Mile High stadium, who is also the owner of the Denver Broncos and the Denver MLL team. They’re in it together. So the venue won’t be changing anytime soon, in all likelihood.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, guys. Let’s redirect all this negative energy to a topic we can all agree on and truly deserves it — The Duke’s Forum! It’s been days since anyone really bashed that program, and it just doesn’t feel right.

In all seriousness, congrats to the clubs and families going to Denver. The kids are age on, excited to go, and the families apparently can afford it. And a special shout out to the BL kids who are probably reading all these posts. Nicely done, good luck and have fun. Philly will be cheering you on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, original poster again... I'm dealing with two stunands so this will be my last post, but please feel free to educate me further since I don't have a clue. To the first stunad, I was making an argument for a GRADE-BASED WSYL so that they could truly get the best 7th graders playing in the same place at the same time. I was basically saying the complaining about holdbacks has to stop. I was taking a pro grade-based stance, an opinion. You threw mud. I love when my son goes up against older boys because HE likes the challenge.

To stunad two Long Island has a population of almost 8 million people now - you can find this information in multiple ways on the internet. I do my homework before I post. Please tell me you don't live on the island. Also - you are telling me that no one on the island holds back their kids in kindergarten or 1st grade due to academic, social, or development issues? If you think that the answer is no, then you are truly one of the dumbest people on the planet. I talked about different types of holdbacks. ALL teams have holdbacks. All of them. Some have more than others - my point is: who cares?

The two of you stunands chose to pick and choose arguments that make no sense. Thankfully, I was able to have a decent discussion with someone on this thread who made good counterpoints (to witch I agreed with to a certain extent).

You have so many inaccuracies, it’s hard to decide upon which one needs correcting the most. Ok. For starters, let’s go with your excuse for why LI teams are so much better than your sons lame team, and it has nothing to do with 8 million people. Since this all started in 2nd grade, there have been two dominant LI teams in 2024 lacrosse. Taz and WP. They both are based in Suffolk County, which is by far the least densely populated county on LI. The home base for both clubs are approximately 4 to 5 miles from each other. 90% of the players on both teams live within approximately an 8 mile radius of where they practice. So the two best teams draw from the exact, very small area, and NOT a pool of 8 million people as you would like to suggest. You’re going to have to come up with a new excuse as to why your area of the country is so weak, because the 8 million people excuse doesn’t fly. LI is synonymous with the best lacrosse anywhere. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. It’s always been that way. And always will be that way. That’s the only excuse you need. I’ll devalue the rest of your uninformed comments tomorrow.

My theory why is that in PA, a lot of our best athletes still don't play Lacrosse (or at least don't start young), while on LI they do. I also don't see our clubs practice as much as the LI teams (probably various reasons for this).

Plausible excuse is suppose.

But don’t forget, if your team is not a holdback team, your benchmark is not any of the DMV holdback teams that are a year older than your kids team. The HoCo elite teams are 80% or more holdbacks. If you are comparing apples to apples, you compare your sons team to Taz and WP who have no holdbacks. Those two teams are the only elite teams without holdbacks, unless you can throw your hat into that ring. If you can, then your sons team is prob better than you think, if you are comparing it to 2024 age teams, vs 2023 age teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comical is that said LI team would actually bring in kid from PA. Kid from PA is a terrific person and player but cmon. Has to be with in 100 miles so its all with in the rules but its kind of sad.....and even worse is the other LIE FO kid is terrific.

You got it backwards, friend. The LI team didn't "bring in" the PA kid. The PA kid wanted to play on a LI team. The PA kid solicited the LI team, not the other way around. Personally, I see no problem with it. The kid thinks he's good enough to play on a LI team. He picked the team that he believed to have a need for what he does. Apparently he is correct. And, by the way, I'm quite sure this is not a WSYL-only player. I believe he is a regular year-round player on the team now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, original poster again... I'm dealing with two stunands so this will be my last post, but please feel free to educate me further since I don't have a clue. To the first stunad, I was making an argument for a GRADE-BASED WSYL so that they could truly get the best 7th graders playing in the same place at the same time. I was basically saying the complaining about holdbacks has to stop. I was taking a pro grade-based stance, an opinion. You threw mud. I love when my son goes up against older boys because HE likes the challenge.

To stunad two Long Island has a population of almost 8 million people now - you can find this information in multiple ways on the internet. I do my homework before I post. Please tell me you don't live on the island. Also - you are telling me that no one on the island holds back their kids in kindergarten or 1st grade due to academic, social, or development issues? If you think that the answer is no, then you are truly one of the dumbest people on the planet. I talked about different types of holdbacks. ALL teams have holdbacks. All of them. Some have more than others - my point is: who cares?

The two of you stunands chose to pick and choose arguments that make no sense. Thankfully, I was able to have a decent discussion with someone on this thread who made good counterpoints (to witch I agreed with to a certain extent).

You have so many inaccuracies, it’s hard to decide upon which one needs correcting the most. Ok. For starters, let’s go with your excuse for why LI teams are so much better than your sons lame team, and it has nothing to do with 8 million people. Since this all started in 2nd grade, there have been two dominant LI teams in 2024 lacrosse. Taz and WP. They both are based in Suffolk County, which is by far the least densely populated county on LI. The home base for both clubs are approximately 4 to 5 miles from each other. 90% of the players on both teams live within approximately an 8 mile radius of where they practice. So the two best teams draw from the exact, very small area, and NOT a pool of 8 million people as you would like to suggest. You’re going to have to come up with a new excuse as to why your area of the country is so weak, because the 8 million people excuse doesn’t fly. LI is synonymous with the best lacrosse anywhere. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. It’s always been that way. And always will be that way. That’s the only excuse you need. I’ll devalue the rest of your uninformed comments tomorrow.

My theory why is that in PA, a lot of our best athletes still don't play Lacrosse (or at least don't start young), while on LI they do. I also don't see our clubs practice as much as the LI teams (probably various reasons for this).

But don’t forget, if your team is not a holdback team, your benchmark is not any of the DMV holdback teams that are a year older than your kids team. The HoCo elite teams are 80% or more holdbacks. If you are comparing apples to apples, you compare your sons team to Taz and WP who have no holdbacks. Those two teams are the only elite teams without holdbacks, unless you can throw your hat into that ring. If you can, then your sons team is prob better than you think, if you are comparing it to 2024 age teams, vs 2023 age teams.

Ok Long Island dad I was at a box tournament where BL beat Taz then lost to BBL in finals in February this year. I know you will say not field but I have never even seen BL in a box tourney before. So 2 on age teams finished ahead of Taz. BL is the most physical team out there. Sloppy with ball at times and will get penalties but I can tell you they can play with your LI teams and so can BBL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Long Island dad I was at a box tournament where BL beat Taz then lost to BBL in finals in February this year. I know you will say not field but I have never even seen BL in a box tourney before. So 2 on age teams finished ahead of Taz. BL is the most physical team out there. Sloppy with ball at times and will get penalties but I can tell you they can play with your LI teams and so can BBL.

BBL are physical at every age, most of there teams are much bigger loaded with older kids. For WS they held an open tryout to replace the kids they were losing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does the WSYL need to be in Denver? Wouldn’t it make more sense to move this to Long Island, Philadelphia, or Baltimore? You know where the game is established and would draw more top teams.
The need to grow the game sometimes seems like a need for more money. Stay on east coast...build the product up so when it does spread it’s a well oiled machine.

Good question. The answer is because Jake Steinfeld has a close personal friendship with the owner of Mile High stadium, who is also the owner of the Denver Broncos and the Denver MLL team. They’re in it together. So the venue won’t be changing anytime soon, in all likelihood.

Plus, we play lacrosse in LI, Phila and MD all summer....Denver is beautiful and has legalized Rec marijuana....why shouldn't it be there. Have I mentioned no humidity....and legalized pot....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The venue will be changing and it will be this year. They are moving it to University of Denver for the smaller lacrosse only venue. Makes all the sense in the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so notIntelligent it hurts even read your post, for starters I also read the population report you did that includes Queens and Brooklyn as part of L.I., which, theoretically they are, but are actually part of the 5 bores that make up N.Y.C. and are not counted towards the population of the non N.Y.C counties that make up what is known to everyone with a brain as Long Island. You obviously do not have a brain so we will discount your stupidity on this subject. As to to second part of your ridiculous post, yes some parents on L.I. chose to have there children , born late in any year, held back in Kindergarten or first grade. This is a far different reason than parents from Maryland and Pennsylvania hold there kids back in the 8th grade for athletic reasons. Please try and grasp the simplistic reasoning to both of these points, I know it must be hard for you, but try

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BLLC very good 2024 Philly All-Star Team. 75% of those kids weren’t even on the team last year. This is Philly’s version of an All-Star Team. It would be like Express, Wolfpack, and Taz pulling the best kids on the Island and playing in a tournament! Imagine that happening!?!?!? BBL also very good but not the same Team without the two big kids. The East was very very very week this year. It will come down to the 3 LI Teams and the Philly All-Star team if they mesh and play well. [/quote

This sleepy 2024 PA Forum has become a bit of a train wreck in the last few days. Just wanted to set the record straight. BL is not an All Star team and 75% not on the team last year isn’t close to an accurate statement. Not sure where this is coming from, but it’s a little disparaging and entirely fake news. The starting goalie, starting defense line, starting LSM and starting attack line players have all been on the same team for well over a year, and in most cases since the club started several years ago. Same is true for most of the second line in those same positions, too. The vast majority of the team lives within a relatively concentrated geography in southeast PA in the West Chester area. The significant change that occurred is that a handful of players (mostly midis) joined BL last year and several players left (mostly midis). The new players from last year have been a great addition and are all fully rostered and committed families to the program. There are still plenty of great players in Southeast PA that play for other clubs, including NXT, Freedom and other programs, and a few in the area are traveling 90 miles and playing on the N.Y. teams. If BL was a true All Star team and pulled from those other clubs, too, then yes I would agree that Philly would really have an All Star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bro, for the last time, read slowly so you absorb it all... I never made this a LI issue but you can’t help trying to redirect it there. Go back and reread my post. I actually said nice things about LI lax. You got fixated on population which was not a major part of my PA post (this is the PA forum after all). You just 100% supported my original post with holdbacks. Again - go back and read my original post as slow as possible - ask someone for help if you don’t understand parts of what I said. When you go back and reread you’ll see I posted about different types of holdbacks and then you’ll see that i’ve Touched on what you just posted above... I also didn’t say I agree/disagree with 8th grade athletic holdbacks because I don’t care about holdbacks. After reading again (it may take you 2-3 times to fully grasp what I said) you’ll know how dumb your responses have been... oh and as predicted, you didn’t touch my post about the PA kid facing off for a LI team. No need to apologize for your stupidity - I knew where you stood after your first post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BLLC very good 2024 Philly All-Star Team. 75% of those kids weren’t even on the team last year. This is Philly’s version of an All-Star Team. It would be like Express, Wolfpack, and Taz pulling the best kids on the Island and playing in a tournament! Imagine that happening!?!?!? BBL also very good but not the same Team without the two big kids. The East was very very very week this year. It will come down to the 3 LI Teams and the Philly All-Star team if they mesh and play well. [/quote

This sleepy 2024 PA Forum has become a bit of a train wreck in the last few days. Just wanted to set the record straight. BL is not an All Star team and 75% not on the team last year isn’t close to an accurate statement. Not sure where this is coming from, but it’s a little disparaging and entirely fake news. The starting goalie, starting defense line, starting LSM and starting attack line players have all been on the same team for well over a year, and in most cases since the club started several years ago. Same is true for most of the second line in those same positions, too. The vast majority of the team lives within a relatively concentrated geography in southeast PA in the West Chester area. The significant change that occurred is that a handful of players (mostly midis) joined BL last year and several players left (mostly midis). The new players from last year have been a great addition and are all fully rostered and committed families to the program. There are still plenty of great players in Southeast PA that play for other clubs, including NXT, Freedom and other programs, and a few in the area are traveling 90 miles and playing on the N.Y. teams. If BL was a true All Star team and pulled from those other clubs, too, then yes I would agree that Philly would really have an All Star team.

Brotherly Love 2024 poached players for years leading up to this year. Last year they built the academy to poach more players and it worked. As an example, the top PA RoughRiders 2024 players were all absorbed into BL over the years (goalie years ago, attack and middies after this past summer). BL is an all-star team and the guys who run it have no problem taking players from other clubs (until things didn’t go WG’s way and he left). Smart move with the academy to build this all star team - they should do well at WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense, but you PA guys are boring. Talking about a bunch of little poh dunk teams that nobody cares about, as if any of them mean anything in the landscape of 2024 club lacrosse. So long fellas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The problem is the one person that cares deeply is the BL marketing director/owner. Trolling this board with propaganda about BL being an allstar team, crying about NXT fogo playing for LI team, and holdbacks. This is right out of his playbook especially being able to do it anonymously. This is worse than the Dukes National marketing machine because you are right. No one cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summary of the conversation:

Top U13 vs. Top 2024: We know they aren't equal. The reality is we play in a 2024 world. The WSYL will crown the top U13 and many of the teams playing in it will be the top U13 teams. It will mean nothing before and after the WSYL because there aren't other tournaments that have an age cutoff and actually enforce it. Kudos for Long Island for having more true U13 teams and competing at a high level if not the highest in the 2024 lacrosse world. When all these kids get to High School it won't matter any longer.

BL is an all-star team. BL went to Denver 2 years ago with a combo of their 2022/2023 squads so they knew what needed to happen to take their next entrant further. They went out and found the kids to do that and brought them in so as to ensure these kids had some time to gel as a team. This is no different than what 75% of the better WSYL teams have done (albeit, the others probably just assembled them in the last 6 months or so). This team will do well in Denver and will continue to do well in the 2024 club scene assuming they continue to play as a team in it.

It's a good discussion and argument, shame it devolved into insults but that's BOC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense, but you PA guys are boring. Talking about a bunch of little poh dunk teams that nobody cares about, as if any of them mean anything in the landscape of 2024 club lacrosse. So long fellas.
FLID d0uche alert!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years WSYL champion was the 91 Bandits. Likely the only true “team” (no outsiders brought in) at the tourney. 2024 91 Wolfpack will be doing the exact same thing this year, playing with their true Wolfpack team (no WSYL-only players). I don’t know of another team that will be doing that. Certainly none on LI. 91 takes a bunch of heat on here, since they are such a big target, but you have to give them a lot of credit, not bringing ringers in for the WSYL, because they have a large pool from two 2023 teams that they could pick from, if they so desired. They could easily run away with that trophy, but they choose to do the right thing. Wish there were alot more clubs like 91 out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is the only true team not using just WSYL players?!?!? Are you kidding me!?!?!? I won’t mention his name on here but you took one of our starting midfielders this year. Do you actually think he walked away from a scholarship and is now driving 90 miles for any other reason than to win the WSYL. Love the kid but his parents are insane. We will find out soon enough if (his parents) made the right decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brotherly Love 2024 poached players for years leading up to this year. Last year they built the academy to poach more players and it worked. As an example, the top PA RoughRiders 2024 players were all absorbed into BL over the years (goalie years ago, attack and middies after this past summer). BL is an all-star team and the guys who run it have no problem taking players from other clubs (until things didn’t go WG’s way and he left). Smart move with the academy to build this all star team - they should do well at WSYL.

I love the word "poached" like kids are property of a team. As a BL parent it was a great idea that they stopped using insurance salesman as coaches and it worked. Would you rather your 2k go to a Dad coach who no matter what is going to focus on his kid or a team that has guys that actually make a living coaching lacrosse. Go to any BL clinic and see Mueller, Bates, Adams, Noone, Towhig, Poppelton and Denikin coaching is very impressive definitely way more bang for the buck. Not sure how you could possibly argue the model they have built and I am sure more teams will try and follow suit....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is the only true team not using just WSYL players?!?!? Are you kidding me!?!?!? I won’t mention his name on here but you took one of our starting midfielders this year. Do you actually think he walked away from a scholarship and is now driving 90 miles for any other reason than to win the WSYL. Love the kid but his parents are insane. We will find out soon enough if (his parents) made the right decision.

You need to understand something, jealous, spiteful BL parent. First, the pack didn’t “take” anyone. The boy went to tryout and earned a spot on the WP roster, just like any other new player. This boy committed to Wolfpack knowing that there was a very good chance that he wouldn’t be eligible to play in the WSYL with WP because of the distance criteria. They didn’t get confirmation of his eligibility until late Fall. This is fact. His interest in playing for WP has nothing to do with the WSYL. This has been a dream for quite some time. It is not a 2019-only interest. Both he and his family are absolutely top notch people and a welcome addition to the pack family. For his family, it made more sense to drive to LI for practices and be on a truly elite team, then to drive to Philly, for an above average team, when the trip to LI wasn’t that much further, based on where they live. Trust me. The family made the right decision, but that decisciin has nothing to do with one tournament in Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love the word "poached" like kids are property of a team. As a BL parent it was a great idea that they stopped using insurance salesman as coaches and it worked. Would you rather your 2k go to a Dad coach who no matter what is going to focus on his kid or a team that has guys that actually make a living coaching lacrosse. Go to any BL clinic and see Mueller, Bates, Adams, Noone, Towhig, Poppelton and Denikin coaching is very impressive definitely way more bang for the buck. Not sure how you could possibly argue the model they have built and I am sure more teams will try and follow suit....

Agreed, kids leave teams all of the time for greener pastures, better coaching, whatever...it will be even worse next year with 8th grade and high school looming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And go to any tournament and see dads actually coaching the teams for BL. None of those guys mentioned will be there other than the clinics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid has been coached by 5 out of Seven of those guys at a tourney in Maryland and this past weekend. Might want to do some research before making things up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey unoriginal bastage, the BL model you speak so highly of is the model Duke’s Nationals has followed for years! Granted poorly run but BL stole the idea so stop pretending they (you) came up with it! BL is a version of Duke’s but at 2024 they aren’t as good as Duke’s 24 and will get hammered by WSYL favorites. They won’t even play in the final 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey unoriginal bastage, the BL model you speak so highly of is the model Duke’s Nationals has followed for years! Granted poorly run but BL stole the idea so stop pretending they (you) came up with it! BL is a version of Duke’s but at 2024 they aren’t as good as Duke’s 24 and will get hammered by WSYL favorites. They won’t even play in the final 8

I am a parent of a non BL or BBL team that was at regionals in Delaware. Both BL and BBL are very big athletic teams. They can play with Long Island teams who I have seen. Different types of teams than Long Island top 2 teams but will be interesting to see who wins. BL has a couple more skill players than BBL was the difference in my opinion between those 2 teams.. They have a couple kids who are very fast and hard to cover on offense. Both have stout solid defenses. I talked to a BL parent and asked are these kids really on age in a somewhat joking manner. They said yes of course and that this was their first tournament of the year. I guess they wanted me to feel worse about the game LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid has been coached by 5 out of Seven of those guys at a tourney in Maryland and this past weekend. Might want to do some research before making things up

So the "coach" is a revolving door of coaches depending on who can show up and then when they can't a dad takes over. Thanks for the info

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope not at all.
My son has been coached by Deniken, Noon, Mueller, and Tohig at the tournaments and practices for the last year. Never a dad as hc. But if it helps you sleep at nite. By all means keep telling yourself the club is doing the old bait and switch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
none of this matters. and i can't figure out why anyone outside of BL cares. this is all standard issue stuff. owner throws above market rates to attract coaches. Respectable coaches show up and the marketing machine churns. No different than any other club trying to build buzz. If it works for the kids, parents and coaches who the heck cares how they do things. They were solid before these guys showed up.

they are a good team, have good coaches, are on age(2024), qualified for the WSYL, the field was weak, LI poaching fogo's blah blah blah. A LI team has won it every year so you can all star team crap you want. None of this will matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope not at all.
My son has been coached by Deniken, Noon, Mueller, and Tohig at the tournaments and practices for the last year. Never a dad as hc. But if it helps you sleep at nite. By all means keep telling yourself the club is doing the old bait and switch.

Thats one team and your experience. Not true for the rest of the club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see BL or BBL win the whole thing. Things would quiet down considerably on these boards. It's definitely not out of the question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see BL or BBL win the whole thing. Things would quiet down considerably on these boards. It's definitely not out of the question.

Calm down there daddy-o! Happy hour has obviously already started in PA. What, exactly has either of your teams won? Have either ever won a tourney against any meaningful teams? Any?? Ever??? I’ve been to a whole lot of tournaments over the past 7 years, and I’ve never seen either team in a championship game, or even in what I would call a competitive game, with my sons team. Come on back to earth now gentlemen. Your little teams are average to above average, at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calm down there daddy-o! Happy hour has obviously already started in PA. What, exactly has either of your teams won? Have either ever won a tourney against any meaningful teams? Any?? Ever??? I’ve been to a whole lot of tournaments over the past 7 years, and I’ve never seen either team in a championship game, or even in what I would call a competitive game, with my sons team. Come on back to earth now gentlemen. Your little teams are average to above average, at best.

Enjoy it now..because we know what is going to happen to your son's team when they play the grown-ups in the NLF...just ask the 91 Bandits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI. WP crushed it at the North Qualifier last weekend. Trounced every team they played. Beat Legacy 9-2 in the championship. No team scored over 2 goals against them. No ringers. No holdbacks. Just the same 22 players they always play with, whether WSYL or NLF. They are going to run the table this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy it now..because we know what is going to happen to your son's team when they play the grown-ups in the NLF...just ask the 91 Bandits

The cheater teams shouldn’t be a problem for WP. Most of the teams they have played to date have been ‘23 teams which are far better than the MD ‘23 cheater teams trying to disguise themselves as ‘24 teams. To date, the Pack is undefeated, without a single competitive game. There’s no shame in losing to teams a year older, but that likely won’t happen. They aren’t Crush and they aren’t Bandits. They are Wolfpack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The cheater teams shouldn’t be a problem for WP. Most of the teams they have played to date have been ‘23 teams which are far better than the MD ‘23 cheater teams trying to disguise themselves as ‘24 teams. To date, the Pack is undefeated, without a single competitive game. There’s no shame in losing to teams a year older, but that likely won’t happen. They aren’t Crush and they aren’t Bandits. They are Wolfpack.

Let's revisit this conversation at the end of July, in the meantime, best of luck at the WSYL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, it is.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard