BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 52 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 51 52
Re: 2018-2019 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
barring some unforeseen tragedy, Boston College runs the table and wins the NCAA final. Sam Appuzzo is a lock for a second Tewaaraton award. the torch of greatest LI womens lacrosse player has been passed from Shannon Smith To Sam Appuzzo the student has become the master..
the only question left is does Sam start her own Lax Club to compete with the Topguns

Coach Treanor deserves a huge amount of credit for Appuzzo and BC offensive...

Have you been at every practice for the last four years and observed this? Offense and apuzzo seem about the same as it was all four years

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game between Northwestern and Maryland last night. Unfortunate that it had to be moved inside where there were no cameras available to show the last 12 minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game between Northwestern and Maryland last night. Unfortunate that it had to be moved inside where there were no cameras available to show the last 12 minutes.

Northwestern is very good and can hang with just about anyone but they give up way too many goals. Defense is what wins. Just like last year the team that plays the best team defense and gets strong play out of their goalie will win it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
barring some unforeseen tragedy, Boston College runs the table and wins the NCAA final. Sam Appuzzo is a lock for a second Tewaaraton award. the torch of greatest LI womens lacrosse player has been passed from Shannon Smith To Sam Appuzzo the student has become the master..
the only question left is does Sam start her own Lax Club to compete with the Topguns

Have you been at every practice for the last four years and observed this? Offense and apuzzo seem about the same as it was all four years

Perhaps the words from Apuzzo, Arsenault & Acacia will open your eyes... It is not a shot at anyone, just give her some credit for impacting the results (as a coach should by the way)...

Apuzzo (US Lacrosse Article)
The fluidity on the draw and scoring prowess on offense that is well known of Treanor then began shining through Apuzzo, who considered the former three-time Tewaaraton finalist out of Syracuse her role model.
“I looked up to her before I even got to college,” Apuzzo said of Treanor. “She’s taught me so much. She’s so knowledgeable. There are so many different things she knows and you wouldn’t even expect it.”

Apuzzo, Arsenault and Coach Treanor: Boston College is special in the draw circle (SB Nation Article)
“When I hired Kayla, I told her that this is going to be her biggest role on the team and I really want her to own it,” head coach Acacia Walker-W. “[I wanted her to] take over and make all the changes that she wanted to and develop the individual player.”
And Arsenault and Apuzzo have appreciated Treanor’s presence, helping take Boston College from a solid draw team to one of the nation’s elite.
“We have Kayla, so that’s a huge advantage,” Arsenault said. “We just constantly study the other teams and their tendencies. Communication is key, making sure we’re all on the same page.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps the words from Apuzzo, Arsenault & Acacia will open your eyes... It is not a shot at anyone, just give her some credit for impacting the results (as a coach should by the way)...

The fluidity on the draw and scoring prowess on offense that is well known of Treanor then began shining through Apuzzo, who considered the former three-time Tewaaraton finalist out of Syracuse her role model.
“I looked up to her before I even got to college,” Apuzzo said of Treanor. “She’s taught me so much. She’s so knowledgeable. There are so many different things she knows and you wouldn’t even expect it.”

Apuzzo, Arsenault and Coach Treanor: Boston College is special in the draw circle (SB Nation Article)
“When I hired Kayla, I told her that this is going to be her biggest role on the team and I really want her to own it,” head coach Acacia Walker-W. “[I wanted her to] take over and make all the changes that she wanted to and develop the individual player.”
And Arsenault and Apuzzo have appreciated Treanor’s presence, helping take Boston College from a solid draw team to one of the nation’s elite.
“We have Kayla, so that’s a huge advantage,” Arsenault said. “We just constantly study the other teams and their tendencies. Communication is key, making sure we’re all on the same page.”

Treanor/Apuzzo.... Who’s the teacher and who’s the student? Apuzzo’s game, career and just plain lax IQ on display on the field far exceeds the former.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the Lacrosse gods down In Maryland have had enough with the upstart BC Eagles. We all know that to them UM is supposed to be THE team in Woman's Lacrosse, even when the're not, so apparently, they have gotten to the majority Md. raised refs to not only call against B.C., but to make sure it happens against a team that will drop B.C. in the polls. Very poor job by the refs so far today inVirginia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a puff piece for US Lacrosse, what do you expect them to say? She had no impact, but we're glad she's here? I thought Shannon Smith was the role model? BC and apuzzo would have the same results either way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to USC today against SB. They flew across the country but didn’t show up for the game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to USC today against SB. They flew across the country but didn’t show up for the game!

Obviously you are a pretzel with something against USC. Also, I am willing to be you never played a sport at a competitive level. Travel takes a toll on athletes. I would say USC played a very competitive game after traveling across the country. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it a 2 goal game? I would say they showed up and played well. No shame in losing to SBU. Both teams played hard and it was a good game. SBU is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you are a pretzel with something against USC. Also, I am willing to be you never played a sport at a competitive level. Travel takes a toll on athletes. I would say USC played a very competitive game after traveling across the country. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it a 2 goal game? I would say they showed up and played well. No shame in losing to SBU. Both teams played hard and it was a good game. SBU is very good.

USC should have won this one. Stop making excuses about traveling, as all teams have to do this. Nobody stepped up, bottom line!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC should have won this one. Stop making excuses about traveling, as all teams have to do this. Nobody stepped up, bottom line!

No excuses. Good game. Why should they have won? You are a non athlete who knows nothing. Stony Brook is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Especially unfortunate for NW, on a dry fast field they had no chance against MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you take BC, Maryland or the field at this point in the season for naty champs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not looking to get bashed but it looks like there is some good women's lacrosse being played on the college level on Long Island. Stony Brook has showed they are a top 20 team with some big wins this week against Johns Hopkins and USC. Hofstra looks like they are improving with a very young team dropping a 2OT game to James Madison. Adelphi, CW Post and NYIT are all solid D2 programs with Adelphi in the hunt for a title.

Most of the girls on these teams are from LI and many were not considered the top girls in HS. Great to see this talent, good luck to all the rest of the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not looking to get bashed but it looks like there is some good women's lacrosse being played on the college level on Long Island. Stony Brook has showed they are a top 20 team with some big wins this week against Johns Hopkins and USC. Hofstra looks like they are improving with a very young team dropping a 2OT game to James Madison. Adelphi, CW Post and NYIT are all solid D2 programs with Adelphi in the hunt for a title.

Most of the girls on these teams are from LI and many were not considered the top girls in HS. Great to see this talent, good luck to all the rest of the way

Agree. SBU is very good, Hofstra is good as well . SBU will knock somebody off in the NCAA Tournament. Does Hofstra have a shot at the tournament if they do not win their conference? Hofstra currently has an RPI of 18 not sure if that will hold. They need to win remaining regular season games and at least make their tourney finals. Towson will be a challenge. Towson can not be judged by their record, they have played a very difficult schedule. Predicting Hofstra by 2 smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you take BC, Maryland or the field at this point in the season for naty champs?

Obviously Boston College and Maryland are the favorites at this point. Not sure if anyone will be able to upset either and I don't see anyone riding a perfect storm like JMU did last year. UNC, Syracuse, ND have a shot. Florida is my dark horse. If something crazy happens and MD and BC are not the 1 and 2 seeds then things could get interesting.

Final Four:

BC, MD, UNC, Florida

Maryland wins it.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Division I Rankings 4-15-2019

Rank Institution Points FPV Record Last Poll
1 Boston College 625 25 15-0 1
2 Maryland 600 0 15-0 2
3 North Carolina 551 0 11-3 6
4 Notre Dame 539 0 13-2 4
5 Syracuse 532 0 13-3 3
6 Northwestern 519 0 9-4 5
7 Virginia 479 0 11-5 7
8 Michigan 425 0 14-1 8
9 James Madison 407 0 12-3 11
10 Loyola 377 0 10-4 10
11 Princeton 368 0 9-3 15
12 Penn 332 0 9-3 9
13 Duke 310 0 9-6 12
14 Navy (USNA) 301 0 11-3 14
15 Denver 267 0 11-2 16
16 Southern California 241 0 13-3 13
17 Stony Brook 228 0 10-4 20
18 Florida 211 0 9-6 17
19 Stanford 162 0 11-4 18
20 Dartmouth 157 0 8-4 24
21 Johns Hopkins 131 0 10-5 19
22 Virginia Tech 118 0 8-8 21
23 Colorado 103 0 8-6 22
24 Georgetown 58 0 8-6 23
25 High Point 41 0 11-4 25

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Division II Rankings 4-15-2019

1 Le Moyne 625 25 13-0 1
2 Adelphi 590 0 12-1 2
3 Rollins 555 0 13-1 T-5
4 Regis (Colorado) 537 0 13-0 9
5 Florida Southern 513 0 14-2 7
6 Tampa 488 0 10-3 T-5
7 West Chester 470 0 11-2 8
8 Lindenwood (MO) 448 0 12-1 3
9 LIU Post 443 0 10-3 4
10 Queens (North Carolina) 388 0 13-2 13
11 East Stroudsburg 375 0 11-3 11
12 UIndy 352 0 13-1 12
13 Limestone 350 0 14-2 10
14 Mercy 282 0 10-4 T-14
15 Colorado Mesa 280 0 11-2 T-14
16 New Haven 246 0 9-4 16
17 Assumption 219 0 10-3 17
18 Merrimack 170 0 7-6 18
19 Pace 165 0 7-6 20
20 New York Tech 145 0 10-3 24
21 Bentley 139 0 8-3 19
22 Saint Leo 132 0 13-2 21
23 Grand Valley State 99 0 10-3 22
24 Mount Olive 75 0 11-4 23
25 Indiana (Pennsylvania) 23 0 7-5 25

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Womens’s Division III Rankings 4-15-2019

1 Washington and Lee 602 13 11-2 1
2 Gettysburg 599 4 11-1 2
3 Middlebury 578 3 12-1 3
4 Franklin & Marshall 533 1 10-3 4
5 Tufts 531 4 12-0 6
6 Salisbury 527 0 12-2 5
7 Mary Washington 471 0 12-2 7
8 Wesleyan (CT) 442 0 11-2 9
9 York (PA) 441 0 10-4 8
10 Catholic 392 0 10-3 10
11 Amherst 369 0 8-4 11
12 Trinity (CT) 324 0 8-4 12
13 St. John Fisher 320 0 12-1 15
14 Bowdoin 313 0 7-5 14
15 William Smith 259 0 12-2 17
16 Colby 234 0 7-5 13
17 TCNJ 224 0 6-5 16
18 SUNY Cortland 202 0 8-4 18
19 Ithaca 163 0 9-4 19
20 University of Scranton 159 0 12-2 20
21 Colorado College 154 0 14-0 21
22 Bates 93 0 8-4 22
23 Dickinson 55 0 9-3 25
24 Washington College 31 0 10-3 23
25 Brockport 21 0 11-1 RV
RV Hamilton 5-7 24
RV Skidmore 10-3 NR
RV Stevenson 11-3 NR
RV Williams 7-6 NR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I miss something. Didn't Stony Brook just beat USC?
Why are they ranked lower today the game was yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. SBU is very good, Hofstra is good as well . SBU will knock somebody off in the NCAA Tournament. Does Hofstra have a shot at the tournament if they do not win their conference? Hofstra currently has an RPI of 18 not sure if that will hold. They need to win remaining regular season games and at least make their tourney finals. Towson will be a challenge. Towson can not be judged by their record, they have played a very difficult schedule. Predicting Hofstra by 2 smile

That was a tough loss for Hofstra and a very good win for SBU. Hope Hofstra can beat Towson and make some noise in CAA tournament. Great for LI Lacrosse to have College programs do well! Having both SBU and Hofstra "dancing " in May would be great!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was a tough loss for Hofstra and a very good win for SBU. Hope Hofstra can beat Towson and make some noise in CAA tournament. Great for LI Lacrosse to have College programs do well! Having both SBU and Hofstra "dancing " in May would be great!!!!

Strong Island ! : ) Go Stony Brook , Go Hofstra!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Body of work. Dartmouth just beat Penn but Penn has a better body of work. Princeton just beat Loyola and they have a similar body of work so go figure...

Michigan and JMU are not top 10 teams. Dartmouth is Top 15 maybe higher. Florida too low, they could make the final four. Navy and Denver are a little high. Stony Brook could surprise come tournament time.

Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Body of work. Dartmouth just beat Penn but Penn has a better body of work. Princeton just beat Loyola and they have a similar body of work so go figure...

Michigan and JMU are not top 10 teams. Dartmouth is Top 15 maybe higher. Florida too low, they could make the final four. Navy and Denver are a little high. Stony Brook could surprise come tournament time.

Good luck to all.

Unfortunately there are many factors that go into the rankings. What teams did you beat and then what teams did they beat (or lose to).

Stony Brook beat USC and Hopkins but lost to Denver (while SBU was ranked higher) lost to Princeton (not a terrible loss until Princeton lost to Brown) lost to unranked Stanford and lost to similarly ranked UF. Not the best resume. Especially the loss to Stanford and the weak conference schedule they play.

USC has lost to BC (so has everyone else). USC beat Stanford twice (SBU lost to them). USC split w Colorado (SBU).

Princeton loss to Brown really hurts them. Loyola loss to Hopkins hurts them. Dartmouth win over Penn is big for Dartmouth but also helps Michigan because Michigan beat them. Michigan beat Colorado and Denver (See above USC and SBU who have losses against those teams). Beat Hopkins (who beat Loyola). Plus they have wins against Penn State and Towson (who were ranked when they played.). Their only loss is to #2 Maryland (who has beaten everyone) and they play Northwestern on Thu. A win would be big, but a loss to the #6 team won't hurt them.

JMU has losses to UNC, UVA and MD. Wins vs VATech (#14 at the time) And Penn State (#19 at the time). Plus they beat High Point (who has beaten Hopkins).

Definitely tough to figure out the polls but this year, Duke and VATech are down. (Duke isn't a #13 team). Terrible non-conference plus zero quality wins). VATech has only beaten Denver (maybe UVA this Saturday). None of the polls can justify moving Navy up, UF up, USC up, IVies are up and down.

Selection Sunday should be fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to all.

Unfortunately there are many factors that go into the rankings. What teams did you beat and then what teams did they beat (or lose to).

Stony Brook beat USC and Hopkins but lost to Denver (while SBU was ranked higher) lost to Princeton (not a terrible loss until Princeton lost to Brown) lost to unranked Stanford and lost to similarly ranked UF. Not the best resume. Especially the loss to Stanford and the weak conference schedule they play.

USC has lost to BC (so has everyone else). USC beat Stanford twice (SBU lost to them). USC split w Colorado (SBU).

Princeton loss to Brown really hurts them. Loyola loss to Hopkins hurts them. Dartmouth win over Penn is big for Dartmouth but also helps Michigan because Michigan beat them. Michigan beat Colorado and Denver (See above USC and SBU who have losses against those teams). Beat Hopkins (who beat Loyola). Plus they have wins against Penn State and Towson (who were ranked when they played.). Their only loss is to #2 Maryland (who has beaten everyone) and they play Northwestern on Thu. A win would be big, but a loss to the #6 team won't hurt them.

JMU has losses to UNC, UVA and MD. Wins vs VATech (#14 at the time) And Penn State (#19 at the time). Plus they beat High Point (who has beaten Hopkins).

Definitely tough to figure out the polls but this year, Duke and VATech are down. (Duke isn't a #13 team). Terrible non-conference plus zero quality wins). VATech has only beaten Denver (maybe UVA this Saturday). None of the polls can justify moving Navy up, UF up, USC up, IVies are up and down.

Complete gibberish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be looking at different polls - the one above from Baldbear shows they moved from 20 up to 17 this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to all.

Complete gibberish.

🤔

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on in Syracuse? I thought they had a shot at winning it all but after watching last night I'm not sure they will win another game (ACC Tournament or first round NCAA Tournament). Their Draw was a disaster, they are slow through the midfield, their defense looked weak and overall they did not look very athletic. They are very skilled offensively (almost too slick). They do not re-defend very well at all (not fast or athletic). Their goalie is good although had a few bad breaks last night with deflected shots etc... Watching the game, I never thought they would lose but they just did not look good. That said, if they can find a way to gain more possessions they might have a chance because I do think they can score. Lets hope last night was a bad dream with a number of pipes and the Cornell goalie making a few very good saves. Cuse will most likely be the 4 seed in the ACC Tourney and will play Virginia. Can't see them beating Virgina with the type of performance they put on last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to all.

Complete gibberish.

🤔

Read article in US Lacrosse Magazine.... above post not gibberish. RPI (what gets teams into NCAA tournament via "at large bids" ) takes into account what above post tries to explain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on in Syracuse? I thought they had a shot at winning it all but after watching last night I'm not sure they will win another game (ACC Tournament or first round NCAA Tournament). Their Draw was a disaster, they are slow through the midfield, their defense looked weak and overall they did not look very athletic. They are very skilled offensively (almost too slick). They do not re-defend very well at all (not fast or athletic). Their goalie is good although had a few bad breaks last night with deflected shots etc... Watching the game, I never thought they would lose but they just did not look good. That said, if they can find a way to gain more possessions they might have a chance because I do think they can score. Lets hope last night was a bad dream with a number of pipes and the Cornell goalie making a few very good saves. Cuse will most likely be the 4 seed in the ACC Tourney and will play Virginia. Can't see them beating Virgina with the type of performance they put on last night.

That was a great game. Cornell had an answer for SU zone D. They were quick and athletic all over the field. Their goalie played well. SU has some issues!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are just not a very athletic team on either side of the field. It cannot be the easiest to get to level recruits especially from outside of NY wanting to go to Cuse anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to all.

Complete gibberish.

🤔

Read article in US Lacrosse Magazine.... above post not gibberish. RPI (what gets teams into NCAA tournament via "at large bids" ) takes into account what above post tries to explain.

All college tournaments are about location

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was a great game. Cornell had an answer for SU zone D. They were quick and athletic all over the field. Their goalie played well. SU has some issues!

Great game? Syracuse looked slow and they lacked energy. "Cornell had an answer for SU zone D". Did they? Did I miss something? Didn't Syracuse win the game? What was the answer? Who was "quick and athletic all over the field"? Did you watch the game? If you are referring to the Cornell goalie I would agree. I am not sure if there are any "issues" at Syracuse but if the past two game are an accurate reflection of the teams overall strength / ability they are done. Was Syracuse looking past Cornell? If Syracuse doesn't win their first round ACC game they will not be a Top 8 seed for the NCAA Tournament. Could be an early exit this year. Very surprised by their poor performance. On a positive note... I think their settled offense is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be any surprises in the tourney this year?

Michigan has to be considered a bit of a surprise. Anyone else?

Will the ACC will have 5... Boston College, Notre Dame, Virginia, Syracuse, Duke? I think 5 unless there are some upsets .

How about Big Ten... 4? Maryland, Northwestern, Michigan, Hopkins?

Ivy looks to have 3. Princeton, Dartmouth and Penn unless there is an upset in Ivy tournament.

Patriot 2. Loyola and Navy.

Pac 12? 1 or 2? USC , Stanford.

CAA? 1 or 2??

Who can play spoiler? Who has the best chance at upsetting a favorite?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great game? Syracuse looked slow and they lacked energy. "Cornell had an answer for SU zone D". Did they? Did I miss something? Didn't Syracuse win the game? What was the answer? Who was "quick and athletic all over the field"? Did you watch the game? If you are referring to the Cornell goalie I would agree. I am not sure if there are any "issues" at Syracuse but if the past two game are an accurate reflection of the teams overall strength / ability they are done. Was Syracuse looking past Cornell? If Syracuse doesn't win their first round ACC game they will not be a Top 8 seed for the NCAA Tournament. Could be an early exit this year. Very surprised by their poor performance. On a positive note... I think their settled offense is very good.

I watched the game. Cornell continually had a player open inside 8. Usually a second cutter from around crease or following from elbow. Didn't take full advantage but That blueprint will hurt SU when they play a veteran team ((UNC, UVA, BC in ACC tournament). SU got beat on Draw. Usually because girls around circle for Cornell were quicker to balls on the turf. Cornell goalie was excellent.

SU did hit a bunch of pipes.... overall a nice showing by Cornell. Yes they lost but SU wants to tout itself as a Final Four contender? Not from what I saw against an unranked, young Cornell team or against UNC the week before.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be any surprises in the tourney this year?

Michigan has to be considered a bit of a surprise. Anyone else?

Will the ACC will have 5... Boston College, Notre Dame, Virginia, Syracuse, Duke? I think 5 unless there are some upsets .

How about Big Ten... 4? Maryland, Northwestern, Michigan, Hopkins?

Ivy looks to have 3. Princeton, Dartmouth and Penn unless there is an upset in Ivy tournament.

Patriot 2. Loyola and Navy.

Pac 12? 1 or 2? USC , Stanford.

CAA? 1 or 2??

Who can play spoiler? Who has the best chance at upsetting a favorite?

ACC is BC, UNC, UVA, SU and ND. (VATech gets in if they beat UVA tomorrow)

Big10: MD, NW, Michigan. Hopkins might not make it now w loss to Penn State.

IVY: Princeton, Penn Dartmouth

PAC 12: Colorado, USC, Stanford

CAA is JMU unless another team wins conference tournament (Hofstra?)

SBU, UMass, Denver, Florida win their conferences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched the game. Cornell continually had a player open inside 8. Usually a second cutter from around crease or following from elbow. Didn't take full advantage but That blueprint will hurt SU when they play a veteran team ((UNC, UVA, BC in ACC tournament). SU got beat on Draw. Usually because girls around circle for Cornell were quicker to balls on the turf. Cornell goalie was excellent.

SU did hit a bunch of pipes.... overall a nice showing by Cornell. Yes they lost but SU wants to tout itself as a Final Four contender? Not from what I saw against an unranked, young Cornell team or against UNC the week before.....

Syracuse did not look very good. ACC first round should be interesting. Not sure that UNC, UVA or BC will be looking to Cornell for any blueprints.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this time Boston College and Maryland are clearly the top two teams.

UNC currently sits alone at number 3 but the ACC Tournament could change that.

IMHO after Maryland and BC we have the following teams with a shot at the Final Four:

North Carolina
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Virginia
Princeton
Dartmouth
Penn
Loyola
Florida
USC
Stony Brook

Northwestern has picked it up defensively and North Carolina is strong lacrosse the board so they are my top two out of that group.

Florida and Stony Brook are my Dark Horses.

Virginia, Princeton, Dartmouth, Penn all very athletic and could surprise. Notre Dame, USC and Loyola are all very strong as well.

Seeding will play a big role as usual.

I don't think Syracuse, JMU, Navy, Michigan or Denver can make it.

Surprised that Duke and Penn State are not better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to all.

Complete gibberish.

Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worst coaches?

Page 44 of 52 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 51 52