BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College lacrosse coaching is much more valuable than travel. A culture is created at each college-either positive or toxic. Travel is about throwing girls out there on middie lines to impress coaches by forcing to goal and showing off. Teams with the best middies usually win. I could replace all the M&D and YJ coaches with parents that coach at midlevel teams ansd the results would be similar.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll disagree unless you replace every team's coaches with parent coaches. Good coaches, parent or not, attract better players and then all the other things take place: line depth, player skills and so on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree-we have an amazing parent/ coach and our team is improving dramatically each year. He has also produced a positive club culture for the parents and that is becoming very important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching is so important at this age. My daughter went from a dad Coach who never played, to a mom coach who just happened to play and coach at the D1 level. Practices are focused, drills are specific, and the growth is tremendous. Meanwhile the old team with dad coach still scrimmages for 90% of the practice because he doesn’t know any drills and the team struggles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had the opposite experience . Our mom d1 coach was not very good-only in it to make $$$ . We are now with a dad coach who is fantastic with a tons of girls trying to get on the team each year. The point is that the coach is ciritical. I prefer the coach not be as entrepeneurial and into player development.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It helps if the highly qualified coach also has a daughter on the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS ties Hero's and loses by one to HoCO. Nice to see a team on the rise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to see NEMS being in top 4. LBC 2-0 start helps, M&D, HOCO, Hero's, Pride and Skywalkers favorites for the top 4? How would you rank out the top 4?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hard to see NEMS being in top 4. LBC 2-0 start helps, M&D, HOCO, Hero's, Pride and Skywalkers favorites for the top 4? How would you rank out the top 4?

My guess is that M&D and NEMs will finish 1 &2 in their division and LBC and Hero's in the other. Skywalkers and HoCo would round out the top 6.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were literally 1 week into the season. Do we really already need to start ranking 12 year old girls? Let's not forget the M & D upset last year. Goes to show it can truly be anyones game. Just enjoy the journey and support the girls talents

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're week 1 into the season, do we really already need to start ranking 12 year old girls? Let's not forget about the M & D playoff upset last season. Goes to show it can truly be anyone's game/season. Just enjoy the season and appreciate the girls talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were literally 1 week into the season. Do we really already need to start ranking 12 year old girls? Let's not forget the M & D upset last year. Goes to show it can truly be anyones game. Just enjoy the journey and support the girls talents

Lighten up buttercup. If you and your daughter aren’t up for the competition discussion jump back to rec and save yourself a thousand bucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can anyone forget that game? I think I still hear the LBC coach yelling just to hear herself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impulse Lax tourney schedule up for summer. Looks like LBC and MD United dropping down to sandbag and avoid the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impulse Lax tourney schedule up for summer. Looks like LBC and MD United dropping down to sandbag and avoid the top teams.

Sandbagging at the 6th grade level. Beautiful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can NEMS win out? Only 4 teams make the playoffs at 2025? Will 5-2-1be enough to get in the top 4?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can NEMS win out? Only 4 teams make the playoffs at 2025? Will 5-2-1be enough to get in the top 4?

Unfortunately for NEMS, Sky Walkers will finish 6-2 (unless Sky Walkers can beat NEMS, which would make it 7-1).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably not, Skywalkers got handed a cupcake schedule on their crossover games. they will probably end up 6-2, if they lose to MND and NEMS. They also don't have to leave the beltway. Seems like all of the skywalkers teams don't leave the beltway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky walkers will also have to get past Pride 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky walkers will also have to get past Pride 2025.

If NEMS beats SW the Pride game will be huge for both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS beat TLC 15 - 0

Sky Walkers got spanked all over field by M & D (lost 19 - 1) on Saturday, but then beat Coppermine 16 -4 on Sunday. We'll have to play more consistent to beat NEMS and Pride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I predict 3 spots are taken M&D, LBC and Hero's. The last spot probably will take 6 wins. I am going to say Pride wins last 4 games to sneak into playoffs with tiebreaker head to head vs HOCO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW took at BEATDOWN from MND, looks like a 1 horse race again this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I predict 3 spots are taken M&D, LBC and Hero's. The last spot probably will take 6 wins. I am going to say Pride wins last 4 games to sneak into playoffs with tiebreaker head to head vs HOCO.

I believe 2 teams from both divisions make the playoffs. MnD is a lock for the north with NEMS and Skywalkers playing for the 2nd seed. I think NEMS is the better of the 2 teams but just got handed a tough schedule (both Hero's, HoCo and MnD). Assuming they win out they will need help to get in. In the south Hero's looks to be the favorite with 4 more teams battling it out for 2nd (Or possibly 1st).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW took at BEATDOWN from MND, looks like a 1 horse race again this year!

That is what M&D thought last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe 2 teams from both divisions make the playoffs. MnD is a lock for the north with NEMS and Skywalkers playing for the 2nd seed. I think NEMS is the better of the 2 teams but just got handed a tough schedule (both Hero's, HoCo and MnD). Assuming they win out they will need help to get in. In the south Hero's looks to be the favorite with 4 more teams battling it out for 2nd (Or possibly 1st).

You could almost say that SW got the harder schedule. NEMS just barely lost to HOCO and SW has to play NEMS. Pride beat HOCO and SW has to play them. SW already played MND.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the rules say top four teams. Not top 2 from each division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the rules say top four teams. Not top 2 from each division.

I just reread the rule and you are correct. Though that is odd especially since there are 2 divisions. This should make things very interesting for the teams battling out of the last 2-3 spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Redshirts vs Skywalkers, Stars vs Hoco and Pride vs MD united seems to be the close games this coming weekend. Predictions? Not many close games this coming weekend. I am going to predict- Skywalkers, Stars and Pride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's 25 Green stronger then ever!! Looking for that repeat championship. We are going to be tough to beat!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco vs Hero's and NEMS vs Skywalkers almost must win for HOCO and NEMS for any chance at playoffs. What chance do you give them to win. I say Hoco 20% chance and NEMS 55% chance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco vs Hero's and NEMS vs Skywalkers almost must win for HOCO and NEMS for any chance at playoffs. What chance do you give them to win. I say Hoco 20% chance and NEMS 55% chance

NEMS will need some help from pride to get. That is assuming they beat SW. they just got a tough draw with their division and having to also play mnd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's 25 Green stronger then ever!! Looking for that repeat championship. We are going to be tough to beat!!

guess we will see who has improved more since the fall in the last regular season game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

guess we will see who has improved more since the fall in the last regular season game.

☝🏻

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Guess we have a lot of parents (and trolls) that haven't found anything better to do with themselves!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Guess we have a lot of parents (and trolls) that haven't found anything better to do with themselves!

Got salty? Guess you have nothing better to do that comment on troll comments by leaving a troll comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One game at a time there, daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One game at a time there, daddy.

If either team M&D or Hero's lose before the season finale I will be very surprised. Almost impossible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS will need some help from pride to get. That is assuming they beat SW. they just got a tough draw with their division and having to also play mnd.

SW pulls off a tough win to pretty much guarantee a spot in the playoffs. Looks like:

1. M&D
2. Heros
3. SW
4 LBC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is still pretty complicated. Winner of Hero's vs M&d top seed for sure. Skywalkers looks in anywhere from 2-4 seed. 4 seed scenario Skywalkers loss, M&D loss and Hoco beating of MC Mid and LBC and higher seed on GA which looks probable. Lots of possibilities left, better to say M&D, Hero's and Skywalkers in the playoffs with LBC and HOCO fighting for last spot. HOCO vs LBC tie would probably get HOCO in on GA. So games to watch for this weekend:
1. LBC vs Hoco- LBC needs win tie would go to HOCO
2. M&D vs Heros for top seed. Hero's loss no worse then 3 seed and M&D loss no worse then 2 seed.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard