BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 37 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
DCD vs Hawks has to be the game of the week. Teams are evenly matched should be a good game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game Predictions Week 4

DC Express (12) Next Level (6) - too many missing pieces for NL this year; another loss
Looney's (10) Team 91 (8) - possible upset here and 91 gets there 1st win at the elite level?
DC Dogs (14) Hawks (11) - Dogs have the better athletes and can overwhelm the Hawks defense
Crabs (18) FCA (8) - Battle of the undefeated; FCA the pretender beating up on the bottom feeders while the Crabs are just to big (and old) for anyone to hang with them this year; the question is can FCA keep them under 20?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evenly matched means holdbacks a plenty... Legitimate aged JV lacrosse players playing on an 8th grade team for both of these squads....Lets face the facts and do not deny it..... Don't pound your chests about how great you are when you are putting men against boys.... It always makes me laugh when people say that kid is starting as a freshman on varsity.... Well most talented 16yr olds do play varsity....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Evenly matched means holdbacks a plenty... Legitimate aged JV lacrosse players playing on an 8th grade team for both of these squads....Lets face the facts and do not deny it..... Don't pound your chests about how great you are when you are putting men against boys.... It always makes me laugh when people say that kid is starting as a freshman on varsity.... Well most talented 16yr olds do play varsity....

Everyone knows that. It is the way things are done in Maryland Private school lacrosse. I also enjoy when Booker or Shriver announcing MIAA game talk about this Freshman or Sophomore knowing full well they should be up a grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows that. It is the way things are done in Maryland Private school lacrosse. I also enjoy when Booker or Shriver announcing MIAA game talk about this Freshman or Sophomore knowing full well they should be up a grade.

For every holdback starting on a varsity team as a freshman, there are 8-10 holdbacks on JV whose parents' plan didn't pan out like they thought. Those are the people to avoid on the sideline at all cost if you don't want to hear how the coaches don't know what they are doing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For every holdback starting on a varsity team as a freshman, there are 8-10 holdbacks on JV whose parents' plan didn't pan out like they thought. Those are the people to avoid on the sideline at all cost if you don't want to hear how the coaches don't know what they are doing.

Oh wow.... Didn't think about that..... Yikes.... Awkward..... Thanks for the advice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game Predictions Week 4

DC Express (12) Next Level (6) - too many missing pieces for NL this year; another loss
Looney's (10) Team 91 (8) - possible upset here and 91 gets there 1st win at the elite level?
DC Dogs (14) Hawks (11) - Dogs have the better athletes and can overwhelm the Hawks defense
Crabs (18) FCA (8) - Battle of the undefeated; FCA the pretender beating up on the bottom feeders while the Crabs are just to big (and old) for anyone to hang with them this year; the question is can FCA keep them under 20?

Will there be many issues Spring Break with this weekend. In the past the weekend had produced some inconsistent scores with key players missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game Predictions Week 4

Will there be many issues Spring Break with this weekend. In the past the weekend had produced some inconsistent scores with key players missing.

Not in the Crabs/FCA game; you miss a game or practice with the crabs you're off the team! LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Already happening on the club B teams ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y’all are Bunch of old people arguing about youth lacrosse

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you are here with us... so next time say "We"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better than a bunch of young people arguing about old people playing lacrosse. We are tame compared to what they would say about us ! It would not be pretty !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that is hitting the nail on the head. For everyone. When it comes to school and only 15 kids seeing field for any real minutes in good games, all the youth club BS drops away. You are left with only 1-3 underclassmen in the action as 25 kids become benchwarmers or ignored on JV. The parents worked the system for 15 years and now their kid is just another number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yup...amen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 10. DC dogs 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kudos to MM, for calling a kid on Looneys. Sad because I was watching the game next to a 91 dad and he seemed normal and even he cringed when he said it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 10. DC dogs 3

Better athletes and overwhelming offense, huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think either coach should be proud of the way they handled themselves. Screaming their heads off at 8th graders like the outcome really matters in a game that was never close. Disgusting displays which unfortunately are all too common in this division with both coaches and parents. I ould have thought that these two guys would have had enough games under their belts as players and coaches to know how to act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that is hitting the nail on the head. For everyone. When it comes to school and only 15 kids seeing field for any real minutes in good games, all the youth club BS drops away. You are left with only 1-3 underclassmen in the action as 25 kids become benchwarmers or ignored on JV. The parents worked the system for 15 years and now their kid is just another number.

Calvert Hall, Loyola, BL..... Career ending schools for a lot of really good lacrosse players that will never see the field.... At least you got to wear the swag for a few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Hawks good enough to beat the Crabs this year?? Made easy work out of DCD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think either coach should be proud of the way they handled themselves. Screaming their heads off at 8th graders like the outcome really matters in a game that was never close. Disgusting displays which unfortunately are all too common in this division with both coaches and parents. I ould have thought that these two guys would have had enough games under their belts as players and coaches to know how to act. [/quote]

To be clear getting vocal at some points in the game with young player is not the problem. It’s expected and essential. If you can’t stomach that then get out of the game. For a grown adult to name call a young teenage is something that can not be tolerated. My son confirmed on the ride home that the fat comment did happen.... I did not hear it during the game but I spent most of that game talking with a lot of friends in the lax community.. The most shameful part of the entire situation is not one coach, ref, or parent did not step in to say that is wrong for a coach to name call and bully a child..... Shameful that parents sat on their hands and allowed a grown man to bully a kid in a public forum. If I would have heard it let it be known I would have marched over to that sideline and called him out for that BS. Dude better hope he has a good dentist if he pulls that garbage in front of me.... weak parents for allowing this man to do this....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice both-sidesing of the issue there, Pres.

One coach ridicules a player for his physical appearance and the other coach coaches his team loudly. What a garbage false-equivalency.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ILovePigs
DCD vs Hawks has to be the game of the week. Teams are evenly matched should be a good game.

CRABS/FCA - game of they year so far at 2023. Could have gone either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calvert Hall, Loyola, BL..... Career ending schools for a lot of really good lacrosse players that will never see the field.... At least you got to wear the swag for a few years

But the best education around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kudos to Mark Millen, for calling a kid on Looneys "FAT" loud enough so everyone completely across the field could hear it. Sad because I was watching the game next to a 91 dad and he seemed normal and even he cringed when he said it. Guy is a disgrace

I don't think either coach should be proud of the way they handled themselves. Screaming their heads off at 8th graders like the outcome really matters in a game that was never close. Disgusting displays which unfortunately are all too common in this division with both coaches and parents. I ould have thought that these two guys would have had enough games under their belts as players and coaches to know how to act.

To be clear getting vocal at some points in the game with young player is not the problem. It’s expected and essential. If you can’t stomach that then get out of the game. For a grown adult to name call a young teenage is something that can not be tolerated. My son confirmed on the ride home that the fat comment did happen.... I did not hear it during the game but I spent most of that game talking with a lot of friends in the lax community.. The most shameful part of the entire situation is not one coach, ref, or parent did not step in to say that is wrong for a coach to name call and bully a child..... Shameful that parents sat on their hands and allowed a grown man to bully a kid in a public forum. If I would have heard it let it be known I would have marched over to that sideline and called him out for that BS. Dude better hope he has a good dentist if he pulls that garbage in front of me.... weak parents for allowing this man to do this....

That’s every weekend with MM. why are you acting surprised? Talk to him next time you see him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kudos to Mark Millen, for calling a kid on Looneys "FAT" loud enough so everyone completely across the field could hear it. Sad because I was watching the game next to a 91 dad and he seemed normal and even he cringed when he said it. Guy is a disgrace

That’s every weekend with MM. why are you acting surprised? Talk to him next time you see him.

Maybe someone did? My son on 91 said Millon is not coaching the 23 team anymore this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe someone did? My son on 91 said Millon is not coaching the 23 team anymore this season.

Probably because he quit on them for losing every game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll believe it if I see it. He originally told parents that he would not be coaching the 23's. He obviously has been so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone who has been around Millon for a couple years knows he does it every single game in one way or another. Go sit behind their bench next week and wait for your opportunity. It WILL present itself. The most disgusting part about it is the parents that continue pay him every year to train their kids to accept that behavior! My family and 8 others left his 91MD 2022 team 2 years ago because of that behavior. It the families that keep sticking around for it once they witness the behavior who keep the problem alive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will be back! He cant live with the thought of somebody else coaching his son. He is just throwing his typical temper tantrum after a couple losses, thinking people will beg him to come back. Once he figures out nobody will, he will come back anyway. The team might win a few games without him, then he will come back and beat the kids into the ground some more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will be back! He cant live with the thought of somebody else coaching his son. He is just throwing his typical temper tantrum after a couple losses, thinking people will beg him to come back. Once he figures out nobody will, he will come back anyway. The team might win a few games without him, then he will come back and beat the kids into the ground some more.

Team might win a few games??? Not in the HOCO league

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stayed after my sons game to catch the Crabs/FCA game; a lot of talent on the field at all positions for both teams. One of the most competitive games I have seen this year. From FO to transition to defense to goal-tending and two very good offenses it was enjoyable to watch. We need more games like this to discuss and less chatter about hardbacks and MM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stayed after my sons game to catch the Crabs/FCA game; a lot of talent on the field at all positions for both teams. One of the most competitive games I have seen this year. From FO to transition to defense to goal-tending and two very good offenses it was enjoyable to watch. We need more games like this to discuss and less chatter about hardbacks and MM.

Well there aren’t any. FCA v Looneys was 9-8. Otherwise blow out city. Only four teams belong in elite. The others don’t. 91 never did. Winless in 3 years. No close games. It did not even make it the finals of the lower tier before that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Team 91 allowed in Elite again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure he did. They are 0-4. He probably says that after every loss, yet low and behold, there he is the next weekend. At this stage in the game, everyone knows who MM is, everyone knows he is a hammerhead, everyone knows he belittles and berates and bullies. Those who pay to have him coach their kid knowing all of that just shows they are of the same trash mentality. If you don’t like what you see, don’t give him your money, or more importantly, your kid. Otherwise move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Team 91 allowed in Elite again?

Because AAA didn’t want him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are over 40 teams playing HOCO in five divisions yet this team that may not be top 15 is the talk of the league??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are over 40 teams playing HOCO in five divisions yet this team that may not be top 15 is the talk of the league??

Because only the elite division matters and this team does not and never did belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because only the elite division matters and this team does not and never did belong.

who cares.. grow up. ITS NOT ABOUT THAT!!! when will you see the forest through the trees!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares.. grow up. ITS NOT ABOUT THAT!!! when will you see the forest through the trees!

All about that and nothing else. For this forum anyway. No one cares about the other divisions. So no one posts about them.

Page 25 of 37 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard