The Long Island Junior Lacrosse League is Now Accepting Registrations - Check the Forums Tab for More Info!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous. 04/24/19 04:00 PM
Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 04/24/19 03:56 PM
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 04/24/19 03:26 PM
Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 04/24/19 01:14 PM
Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 04/24/19 12:56 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 04/24/19 11:54 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 04/24/19 10:44 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,652
Posts246,520
Members2,078
Most Online5,209
Aug 23rd, 2018
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 100 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 99 100
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283174
04/13/19 06:32 PM
04/13/19 06:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They had MCD 3-2 at half today (a freshman scored 2 of their first 3) and lost a close game in the 4th 7-4. Given the number of underclassmen they had playing they're going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. Lots of haters out there but this team is a 3 highly skilled offensive players and a 1-2 years from cracking the top 4. They've already topped Severn so when Saint Mary's graduates their upperclassmen heavy roster, the Cavaliers will rule the roost in AA County. All of the haters better get ready for some real "Friday night lights".


It is sweet that you can find silver linings in a three-goal home loss to a 0-4 team. It is also more than a little naive.

Looking ahead to "next year" is a risky business and the annual refrain of "next year" out of the Spalding camp is one of (several) reasons they are the butt of jokes. Players transfer. Players get hurt. Players stop developing. Players suddenly accelerate in their development. Etc.

I know they have brought in a lot of high potential players and they have been hyping the JV's success. I'd love to see your prediction come true. It would be great to add that unique Spalding "Public School you pay to go to" vibe to the top of the conference.

But I have to ask: Does Spalding have the staff to evolve and improve the team as these twists come down the road? And is there player / parent / administration buy-in to keep everyone in line and believing even as the team suffers through embarrassing season after embarrassing season?


There must be a great reason for your talk about Spalding? Son get cut ? Not get into school? Told to leave ? Spot taken on the roster by recent transfer? Or are you just jealous of success? Lets hear the story ?? Got to be good !

Leading 3-2 half and losing to McD 7-4 is a step in right direction for this team. Well it is for most , but the bitter people of world, not so much

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283175
04/13/19 06:41 PM
04/13/19 06:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They had MCD 3-2 at half today (a freshman scored 2 of their first 3) and lost a close game in the 4th 7-4. Given the number of underclassmen they had playing they're going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. Lots of haters out there but this team is a 3 highly skilled offensive players and a 1-2 years from cracking the top 4. They've already topped Severn so when Saint Mary's graduates their upperclassmen heavy roster, the Cavaliers will rule the roost in AA County. All of the haters better get ready for some real "Friday night lights".


It is sweet that you can find silver linings in a three-goal home loss to a 0-4 team. It is also more than a little naive.

Looking ahead to "next year" is a risky business and the annual refrain of "next year" out of the Spalding camp is one of (several) reasons they are the butt of jokes. Players transfer. Players get hurt. Players stop developing. Players suddenly accelerate in their development. Etc.

I know they have brought in a lot of high potential players and they have been hyping the JV's success. I'd love to see your prediction come true. It would be great to add that unique Spalding "Public School you pay to go to" vibe to the top of the conference.

But I have to ask: Does Spalding have the staff to evolve and improve the team as these twists come down the road? And is there player / parent / administration buy-in to keep everyone in line and believing even as the team suffers through embarrassing season after embarrassing season?


Great question: Is the staff up to the job? Given they're unproven, that's to be determined. Were things so bad at SM, where the staff has won consistently, for the Hawks, who were traditionally more of a Saints program, to get up and migrate north on 97. As a member of the Big 6, I do know the Cavaliers grabbed considerable talent from at least two good Hawks teams. How they're developed and coached up is TBD.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283198
04/14/19 09:42 AM
04/14/19 09:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only other MIAA win Spalding is going to get is JC. Maybe. I bet McD puts up 15+ on that sorry B team.

97 traffic, Glen Burnie and another embarrassing season at Marty Spalding. They should drop out of the A conference ASAP.



This is funny but let's be real for a second here....

Spalding is going to be really good next year.

Book it!


Some schools recruit a ton of talent and develop the heck out of it. See CHC who look like the odds on favorite for a third title this year. BL under Bobby S. was another top tier recruiter and developer of talent. Both of these Programs have common attributes: led by great HCs who were confident enough to surround themselves with excellent coordinators and position coaches. Their staffs had minimal turnover and both had robust JV programs.

Other Schools go through cycles due to inconsistent or lackluster recruiting (currently Gilman and Loyola under Crawford). Others recruit well but languish developmentally and in the Xs and Os department due to key coordinator/position coaching losses. Currently BL and MCD fit into this camp.

Spalding has recruited well for two years: the $64k question is, can this staff retain and develop the talent they have? Next year will be the year of reckoning, if they don't make the semis, kids will migrate back to SM who has a more established and proven coaching staff. SP is the most improved team in the Conference and is on its way to the top tier again. Phenomenal coaching (development and recruiting) and culture backed by great tradition and institutional support for player recruitment. Loyola also seems to have the wind at their backs under a staff who has a chip on their shoulder (in a good way). Gilman while talented may have the weakest staff top to bottom of the big 6.Severn has a proven staff but not enough critical mass and no $$ for recruiting.


I agree with almost all of the above....except the Severn "proven staff." Please elaborate....
HC had only JV coaching experience before he was thrown to the wolves in the MIAA.
To his credit, he is trying to change the culture there, and will be bringing in some talented 9th graders next year. OC and DC were good college players, obviously. But that doesn't make them good coaches. Internally, there are problems. Gaining experience may resolve those.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #283201
04/14/19 11:31 AM
04/14/19 11:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Spalding can battle it out with MSJ, Severn and JC to be the worst team in the MIAA this year. Next year they can do the same. Losing is their nature. They can’t help it. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s is going toe to toe with Baltimore blue bloods, will be in the playoffs and has a serious shot at the league title. Walmart and Shake Shake are the only things worth heading to Glen Burnie (cough - “Severn”) for. Spalding is joke. Just accept that fact and move on.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283211
04/14/19 04:53 PM
04/14/19 04:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spalding can battle it out with MSJ, Severn and JC to be the worst team in the MIAA this year. Next year they can do the same. Losing is their nature. They can’t help it. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s is going toe to toe with Baltimore blue bloods, will be in the playoffs and has a serious shot at the league title. Walmart and Shake Shake are the only things worth heading to Glen Burnie (cough - “Severn”) for. Spalding is joke. Just accept that fact and move on.


Finally it comes out. Your son was not asked to go to Spalding like some of his teammates. He just wasnt up to playing at a high level according to coach. Instead he stayed and is warming the bench at StM. Now you are bitterly jealous of the boys that left success and your poor son never seeing the field. Why didnt you just say so at first ?

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283237
04/15/19 06:59 AM
04/15/19 06:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spalding can battle it out with MSJ, Severn and JC to be the worst team in the MIAA this year. Next year they can do the same. Losing is their nature. They can’t help it. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s is going toe to toe with Baltimore blue bloods, will be in the playoffs and has a serious shot at the league title. Walmart and Shake Shake are the only things worth heading to Glen Burnie (cough - “Severn”) for. Spalding is joke. Just accept that fact and move on.


Finally it comes out. Your son was not asked to go to Spalding like some of his teammates. He just wasnt up to playing at a high level according to coach. Instead he stayed and is warming the bench at StM. Now you are bitterly jealous of the boys that left success and your poor son never seeing the field. Why didnt you just say so at first ?


That’s not at all what I got out of his post. You must lead a boring life.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283244
04/15/19 08:10 AM
04/15/19 08:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spalding can battle it out with MSJ, Severn and JC to be the worst team in the MIAA this year. Next year they can do the same. Losing is their nature. They can’t help it. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s is going toe to toe with Baltimore blue bloods, will be in the playoffs and has a serious shot at the league title. Walmart and Shake Shake are the only things worth heading to Glen Burnie (cough - “Severn”) for. Spalding is joke. Just accept that fact and move on.


Finally it comes out. Your son was not asked to go to Spalding like some of his teammates. He just wasnt up to playing at a high level according to coach. Instead he stayed and is warming the bench at StM. Now you are bitterly jealous of the boys that left success and your poor son never seeing the field. Why didnt you just say so at first ?


That’s not at all what I got out of his post. You must lead a boring life.


Better to be boring than bitter and hate filled .

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #283259
04/15/19 10:28 AM
04/15/19 10:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Severna Park and Broadneck are both going to give Spalding all they can handle. I predict Spalding takes one of the two.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283314
04/15/19 03:50 PM
04/15/19 03:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only other MIAA win Spalding is going to get is JC. Maybe. I bet McD puts up 15+ on that sorry B team.

97 traffic, Glen Burnie and another embarrassing season at Marty Spalding. They should drop out of the A conference ASAP.



Didnt even get to half of 15. Hopefully after your cry, you got a hug !

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #283328
04/15/19 06:11 PM
04/15/19 06:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Didn’t get to half of 15. Dude - you lost. Get used to it - it’s what Spalding does best. Maybe next year.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #283333
04/15/19 07:14 PM
04/15/19 07:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



A friend of mine once told me API was going to feed it’s top players to Spalding. Now it seems like the Hawks are feeding players that way and now API players want out. Just like any coach they love you until something better comes around to replace you.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283335
04/15/19 07:24 PM
04/15/19 07:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



A message to all high school coaches if u are up 9 goals in the end of fourth quarter get some kids in.
Su

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283342
04/15/19 10:47 PM
04/15/19 10:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn’t get to half of 15. Dude - you lost. Get used to it - it’s what Spalding does best. Maybe next year.


Spalding really does trigger you ! LOL

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283362
04/16/19 09:15 AM
04/16/19 09:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
A friend of mine once told me API was going to feed it’s top players to Spalding. Now it seems like the Hawks are feeding players that way and now API players want out. Just like any coach they love you until something better comes around to replace you.



API is a good mix of public and private school unlike Hawks who primarily were HAWKS. Doesnt matter who feeds Spalding, the football lax and wrestling always seem to be behind the top programs in the MIAA.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283374
04/16/19 10:44 AM
04/16/19 10:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A friend of mine once told me API was going to feed it’s top players to Spalding. Now it seems like the Hawks are feeding players that way and now API players want out. Just like any coach they love you until something better comes around to replace you.



API is a good mix of public and private school unlike Hawks who primarily were HAWKS. Doesnt matter who feeds Spalding, the football lax and wrestling always seem to be behind the top programs in the MIAA.


The football program is one of the top programs in the MIAA: the wrestling is a tier below MSJ and MCD but super competitive. Lacrosse is another matter: The boys lacrosse program has only made the playoffs once since the Program moved into the A Conference. Contrary to the haters and naysayers I do believe they're moving in the right direction personnel wise. Time will tell if they can get over the hump and build a sustainable program.

Reply Quote
Page 92 of 100 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 99 100
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification





Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1