BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 35 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My mistake. Sorry. Is this better?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any feedback/insight good or bad about Duke's of Chester County PA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CobraKai
My mistake. Sorry. Is this better?

Yes, leads us to believe you are a big 80's movie fan (CobraKai)....Long live Danny LaRusso.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out for the Brotherly Love Academy 2025 Team this Sunday. Best run tryouts we have ever attended. Not sure it is a fit for us but their coaching staff is impressive. I think that Dukes Nationals is in trouble. Triple H has a far better product than Dukes and now so does Brotherly Love...how many of these teams can Philly area support.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son tried out for the Brotherly Love Academy 2025 Team this Sunday. Best run tryouts we have ever attended. Not sure it is a fit for us but their coaching staff is impressive. I think that Dukes Nationals is in trouble. Triple H has a far better product than Dukes and now so does Brotherly Love...how many of these teams can Philly area support.

Academy parent here - the coaches are great and the training is amazing. Nice people who seem pretty dedicated to the BL brand.

No question Academy has some great players, but are they at the same level as Duke's Nationals? Not yet. Duke's really does pull from a much wider geography than Academy and that makes a big difference. Not sure how HHH is even in the same conversation, though.

There's plenty of room for a bunch of elite teams like Academy and Duke's Nationals to help raise your game and have fun.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the 5 emotional stages of being a Duke's parent:

1) Hope and desire - you've been to the mini camp and see all the ballers. You are excited to be on the team. Wow, so much potential. Your son is going to really grow with this team. You happily write the check.

2) Doubt sets in - a few bad mini camps (maybe one in the snow like last year) or the schedule keeps getting changed. You start to wonder what is going on and whether G really cares about the kids. Or maybe he's in financial trouble. You're not sure, but something doesn't seem right. But your kid is having a good time so you go with the flow. Those posts on BOTC can't be true, can they? I mean, everyone who says bad stuff about Duke's was on the bottom of the depth chart. That has to be it, right?

3) Euphoria - your kid plays in a tournament and you win (or do really well!) and you're excited. You're playing with a lot of talent. This has to be good for your son (and probably is if he gets playing time.) You really like some of the coaches and realize there is some real quality in this program. You even consider putting that Duke's magnet on the back of the family truckster. Buy that Duke's sweatshirt or tight Duke's Mom t-shirt at the next mini-camp!

4) Disappointment - something changes. Perhaps you put a bunch of events in the calendar that didn't materialize. Perhaps G decided to start coaching your team and suddenly the excellent coaches who made sure the team was balanced and competitive aren't a factor. Maybe G doesn't like you anymore because of who you are or who your club team might be. Or maybe you start to realize that 90% of what is said to parents at mini camp is a bunch of complete BS. (Oh, you have a secret way of getting an 8th grader in front of college coaches right now?!?!?! Wink wink!) You see that they have been dangling this carrot called Duke's Elite and college recruiting in front of you all this time but is it real? Maybe not. You paid your money for tournaments but kids you have never seen before show up with a uniform and play. And you find out that they didn't pay a penny. You're subsidizing ringers!

5) Disgust - you spend your days posting trash about Duke's on BOTC to warn other families to not waste their money. It becomes your personal mission.

So are you a stage 1 or stage 3 parent?
This post is 100% legitimate. Ask me how I know? Because as the parent of a former member of the Duke's Nationals "family", this is ridiculously accurate in describing our experience. ANYONE who is considering joining the organization, understand that this is honestly how it works. If somebody tells you differently there are 1 of 2 reasons. A) they are an absolute anomaly vs the vast majority of players or B) they are G or one of his cronies trying to ensure that the gravy train keeps on chugging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes 2023 scrimmaged a team from Maryland yesterday; did any see the game or know the results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes 2023 scrimmaged a team from Maryland yesterday; did any see the game or know the results?

Annapolis Hawks won 11-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes 2024 played Hawks 24’s and Bethesda 24 AA team. Lost to hawks beat Bethesda. Then played NXT today and won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes 2024 played Hawks 24’s and Bethesda 24 AA team. Lost to hawks beat Bethesda. Then played NXT today and won.

Why are Nationals in NXT?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks won 11-7

Thought I saw that they scrimmaged Tri-State and then Team Money at Proving Grounds yesterday. Didn't see either game but that's not exactly "national level" competition if that was the level of competition they faced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they are actually participating in the Spring League - at least they aren't listed in Tourney Machine. But as someone pointed out, they seem to have multiple games scheduled on various weekends against other teams that appear not to be registered for the spring league (e.g. Tri-State, Team Money)

They appear to be playing in some parallel universe Spring League against a bunch of A/B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they are actually participating in the Spring League - at least they aren't listed in Tourney Machine. But as someone pointed out, they seem to have multiple games scheduled on various weekends against other teams that appear not to be registered for the spring league (e.g. Tri-State, Team Money)

They appear to be playing in some parallel universe Spring League against a bunch of A/B teams.

Not sure why anybody cares who they play or when, but at least tri state makes sense, not sure who Team Money is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why anybody cares who they play or when, but at least tri state makes sense, not sure who Team Money is

I doubt anyone does care unless you are a family that spent $$$ on what was billed as the NXT Spring League.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why anybody cares who they play or when, but at least tri state makes sense, not sure who Team Money is[/quote]

I doubt anyone does care unless you are a family that spent $$$ on what was billed as the NXT Spring League.
[/quote]Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
[/quote]

Did they pay for NXT spring league, or is this just an assumption...either way, its good to just get out on the field and play. Obviously, any gloating by the Dukes parents about wins is unwarranted. Not really sure what NXT is doing with that league this year, seems like they have done away with the divisions and have some pretty unbalanced match-ups. Anybody know why BL is not playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
[/quote]

Did they pay for NXT spring league, or is this just an assumption...either way, its good to just get out on the field and play. Obviously, any gloating by the Dukes parents about wins is unwarranted. Not really sure what NXT is doing with that league this year, seems like they have done away with the divisions and have some pretty unbalanced match-ups. Anybody know why BL is not playing.[/quote]

Specifically called out as "NXT Spring League" for about $400/player

In all fairness, though, that price includes practices before each of the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they pay for NXT spring league, or is this just an assumption...either way, its good to just get out on the field and play. Obviously, any gloating by the Dukes parents about wins is unwarranted. Not really sure what NXT is doing with that league this year, seems like they have done away with the divisions and have some pretty unbalanced match-ups. Anybody know why BL is not playing.[/quote]

In all fairness, though, that price includes practices before each of the games.
[/quote]

Is it possible that NXT kept them out of the regular league so they would not be criticized for having a "national" team in the league...or is that giving NXT way too much credit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it possible that NXT kept them out of the regular league so they would not be criticized for having a "national" team in the league...or is that giving NXT way too much credit

That's certainly possible, but why wouldn't that have been communicated to the Duke's families?

Honestly I'm not sure why Duke's would want to be in the NXT Spring League in the first place. I mean, other than to stroke egos by beating up on local teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

The league costs $2500? $400 per player? Wow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

The league costs $2500? $400 per player? Wow![/quote]

Have to cover the beer tab at the Proving Grounds...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it that Duke's Nationals is having financial issues again....get ready for an increase all around for the program, should be a good increase this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it that Duke's Nationals is having financial issues again....get ready for an increase all around for the program, should be a good increase this year.

Rumors??? Source???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumors??? Source???

This "rumor" repeats itself every 2 - 3 months.

Not really believable anyway since 17 kids paid almost 400 dollars each for the "spring league". That's around $6700 in revenue. Seems like that would fill the bank account. Well, unless most of those kids didn't pay...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumors??? Source???

This "rumor" repeats itself every 2 - 3 months.

Not really believable anyway since 17 kids paid almost 400 dollars each for the "spring league". That's around $6700 in revenue. Seems like that would fill the bank account. Well, unless most of those kids didn't pay...

Very true, unless the club does not pay it's bills....and it does not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Turns our Dukes is NOT in NXT league just says they are but sets up games “around” the league. Playing BBL and Team 11 this Sunday. Still doing monthly practices at different colleges that I think is cool concept, but the “are they in or not in NXT” question has been answered. I wonder if families paid the $ expecting games every weekend or actually expected the league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Turns our Dukes is NOT in NXT league just says they are but sets up games “around” the league. Playing BBL and Team 11 this Sunday. Still doing monthly practices at different colleges that I think is cool concept, but the “are they in or not in NXT” question has been answered. I wonder if families paid the $ expecting games every weekend or actually expected the league?

Right G charged players to play and are not listed on Tourney Machine- I heard they are a fill-in team. Can't compete for playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not that big of a deal, they are basically playing the same, if not better, competition than they would see in the league, BBL and Team 11 are good match-ups, and they played Tri-State a few weeks ago. League games are every 2 weeks so they are pretty much playing at the same frequency.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Games are generally every other week for a team, not every weekend. Duke's provided a schedule up front with game days that were for the most part aligned with mini camps. They "cancelled" one weekend and said they would refund people $100.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They "cancelled" one weekend and said they would refund people $100.

And I think we all know just how forthcoming G is with refunds unless faced with legal action

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They "cancelled" one weekend and said they would refund people $100.

And I think we all know just how forthcoming G is with refunds unless faced with legal action

Exactly, I am still waiting for my Banquet money back from two years ago, I always get a check is in the, mail. Sure it is..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one played down on that team. They play up in travel lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably not that big of a deal, they are basically playing the same, if not better, competition than they would see in the league, BBL and Team 11 are good match-ups, and they played Tri-State a few weeks ago. League games are every 2 weeks so they are pretty much playing at the same frequency.
Come on! Seriously!?!? If anyone said "BBL and Team 11 can compete with DN!" in a different context the DN cronies would say "Yeah right! This team would beat those teams by 20 goals if they wanted to!!"

Now that it works to "justify" yet another money grab those teams are "good match-ups"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didn't BBL 2024 best dukes 2024 in naptown last year like 10-2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on! Seriously!?!? If anyone said "BBL and Team 11 can compete with DN!" in a different context the DN cronies would say "Yeah right! This team would beat those teams by 20 goals if they wanted to!!"

Now that it works to "justify" yet another money grab those teams are "good match-ups"

Not a big deal anyway since DN dropped out of the NXT "league"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yee

Dukes 23 was a disaster last year, they had a short bench for several tournaments. When the players do show up, it is a very good team, but there is no consistency with the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the deal with Dukes 2023 team? There’s a tryout in Philly coming up. Should We tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the deal with Dukes 2023 team? There’s a tryout in Philly coming up. Should We tryout?

Ha! What rock have you been under?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, don't waste the time, money or aggravation that goes along with that team it is not worth it. I am speaking from experience unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 35 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard