BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 313 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only other MIAA win Spalding is going to get is JC. Maybe. I bet McD puts up 15+ on that sorry B team.

97 traffic, Glen Burnie and another embarrassing season at Marty Spalding. They should drop out of the A conference ASAP.

Sorry your son got cut ! It happens.. Hit the Wall !!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What has happened to McDonogh ? 0 - 4 to start off MIAA ?? I thought them and Calvert Hall were the top dogs.

Looks like Spalding has another W coming their way this year !

Dude, McD could be 0-10 and they will still beat Spalding. You got your 2 conference wins. You’re done.

Big W coming Spalding's way today ! Book it !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn gives full rides to lacrosse recruits. Try again.

Spalding Lacrosse is a joke and always has been. You would have thought it was the MIAA Championship with tthe amount of fans that showed up to see them get dismantled by St. Mary’s. Embarrassing performance followed by wins over Severn and MSJ and then another beatdown by Gilman. If you live in AA County and want to play for a lost - Spalding is your spot. Watch the wheels come of this mess and Kelly and daddy wannabe coach step in to try and fix it.

They had MCD 3-2 at half today (a freshman scored 2 of their first 3) and lost a close game in the 4th 7-4. Given the number of underclassmen they had playing they're going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. Lots of haters out there but this team is a 3 highly skilled offensive players and a 1-2 years from cracking the top 4. They've already topped Severn so when Saint Mary's graduates their upperclassmen heavy roster, the Cavaliers will rule the roost in AA County. All of the haters better get ready for some real "Friday night lights".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding Hawks lost again. Will Phipps make it though the end of the season or will Hawks Coach throw more money at the school to take over???? Half the JV team is transferring out after the school year ends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had MCD 3-2 at half today (a freshman scored 2 of their first 3) and lost a close game in the 4th 7-4. Given the number of underclassmen they had playing they're going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. Lots of haters out there but this team is a 3 highly skilled offensive players and a 1-2 years from cracking the top 4. They've already topped Severn so when Saint Mary's graduates their upperclassmen heavy roster, the Cavaliers will rule the roost in AA County. All of the haters better get ready for some real "Friday night lights".

It is sweet that you can find silver linings in a three-goal home loss to a 0-4 team. It is also more than a little naive.

Looking ahead to "next year" is a risky business and the annual refrain of "next year" out of the Spalding camp is one of (several) reasons they are the butt of jokes. Players transfer. Players get hurt. Players stop developing. Players suddenly accelerate in their development. Etc.

I know they have brought in a lot of high potential players and they have been hyping the JV's success. I'd love to see your prediction come true. It would be great to add that unique Spalding "Public School you pay to go to" vibe to the top of the conference.

But I have to ask: Does Spalding have the staff to evolve and improve the team as these twists come down the road? And is there player / parent / administration buy-in to keep everyone in line and believing even as the team suffers through embarrassing season after embarrassing season?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is sweet that you can find silver linings in a three-goal home loss to a 0-4 team. It is also more than a little naive.

Looking ahead to "next year" is a risky business and the annual refrain of "next year" out of the Spalding camp is one of (several) reasons they are the butt of jokes. Players transfer. Players get hurt. Players stop developing. Players suddenly accelerate in their development. Etc.

I know they have brought in a lot of high potential players and they have been hyping the JV's success. I'd love to see your prediction come true. It would be great to add that unique Spalding "Public School you pay to go to" vibe to the top of the conference.

But I have to ask: Does Spalding have the staff to evolve and improve the team as these twists come down the road? And is there player / parent / administration buy-in to keep everyone in line and believing even as the team suffers through embarrassing season after embarrassing season?

There must be a great reason for your talk about Spalding? Son get cut ? Not get into school? Told to leave ? Spot taken on the roster by recent transfer? Or are you just jealous of success? Lets hear the story ?? Got to be good !

Leading 3-2 half and losing to McD 7-4 is a step in right direction for this team. Well it is for most , but the bitter people of world, not so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great question: Is the staff up to the job? Given they're unproven, that's to be determined. Were things so bad at SM, where the staff has won consistently, for the Hawks, who were traditionally more of a Saints program, to get up and migrate north on 97. As a member of the Big 6, I do know the Cavaliers grabbed considerable talent from at least two good Hawks teams. How they're developed and coached up is TBD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only other MIAA win Spalding is going to get is JC. Maybe. I bet McD puts up 15+ on that sorry B team.

97 traffic, Glen Burnie and another embarrassing season at Marty Spalding. They should drop out of the A conference ASAP.

This is funny but let's be real for a second here....

Spalding is going to be really good next year.

Book it!

Some schools recruit a ton of talent and develop the heck out of it. See CHC who look like the odds on favorite for a third title this year. BL under Bobby S. was another top tier recruiter and developer of talent. Both of these Programs have common attributes: led by great HCs who were confident enough to surround themselves with excellent coordinators and position coaches. Their staffs had minimal turnover and both had robust JV programs.

Other Schools go through cycles due to inconsistent or lackluster recruiting (currently Gilman and Loyola under Crawford). Others recruit well but languish developmentally and in the Xs and Os department due to key coordinator/position coaching losses. Currently BL and MCD fit into this camp.

Spalding has recruited well for two years: the $64k question is, can this staff retain and develop the talent they have? Next year will be the year of reckoning, if they don't make the semis, kids will migrate back to SM who has a more established and proven coaching staff. SP is the most improved team in the Conference and is on its way to the top tier again. Phenomenal coaching (development and recruiting) and culture backed by great tradition and institutional support for player recruitment. Loyola also seems to have the wind at their backs under a staff who has a chip on their shoulder (in a good way). Gilman while talented may have the weakest staff top to bottom of the big 6.Severn has a proven staff but not enough critical mass and no $$ for recruiting.

I agree with almost all of the above....except the Severn "proven staff." Please elaborate....
HC had only JV coaching experience before he was thrown to the wolves in the MIAA.
To his credit, he is trying to change the culture there, and will be bringing in some talented 9th graders next year. OC and DC were good college players, obviously. But that doesn't make them good coaches. Internally, there are problems. Gaining experience may resolve those.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding can battle it out with MSJ, Severn and JC to be the worst team in the MIAA this year. Next year they can do the same. Losing is their nature. They can’t help it. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s is going toe to toe with Baltimore blue bloods, will be in the playoffs and has a serious shot at the league title. Walmart and Shake Shake are the only things worth heading to Glen Burnie (cough - “Severn”) for. Spalding is joke. Just accept that fact and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding can battle it out with MSJ, Severn and JC to be the worst team in the MIAA this year. Next year they can do the same. Losing is their nature. They can’t help it. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s is going toe to toe with Baltimore blue bloods, will be in the playoffs and has a serious shot at the league title. Walmart and Shake Shake are the only things worth heading to Glen Burnie (cough - “Severn”) for. Spalding is joke. Just accept that fact and move on.

Finally it comes out. Your son was not asked to go to Spalding like some of his teammates. He just wasnt up to playing at a high level according to coach. Instead he stayed and is warming the bench at StM. Now you are bitterly jealous of the boys that left success and your poor son never seeing the field. Why didnt you just say so at first ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally it comes out. Your son was not asked to go to Spalding like some of his teammates. He just wasnt up to playing at a high level according to coach. Instead he stayed and is warming the bench at StM. Now you are bitterly jealous of the boys that left success and your poor son never seeing the field. Why didnt you just say so at first ?

That’s not at all what I got out of his post. You must lead a boring life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s not at all what I got out of his post. You must lead a boring life.

Better to be boring than bitter and hate filled .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna Park and Broadneck are both going to give Spalding all they can handle. I predict Spalding takes one of the two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didnt even get to half of 15. Hopefully after your cry, you got a hug !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t get to half of 15. Dude - you lost. Get used to it - it’s what Spalding does best. Maybe next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend of mine once told me API was going to feed it’s top players to Spalding. Now it seems like the Hawks are feeding players that way and now API players want out. Just like any coach they love you until something better comes around to replace you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A message to all high school coaches if u are up 9 goals in the end of fourth quarter get some kids in.
Su

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t get to half of 15. Dude - you lost. Get used to it - it’s what Spalding does best. Maybe next year.

Spalding really does trigger you ! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend of mine once told me API was going to feed it’s top players to Spalding. Now it seems like the Hawks are feeding players that way and now API players want out. Just like any coach they love you until something better comes around to replace you.

API is a good mix of public and private school unlike Hawks who primarily were HAWKS. Doesnt matter who feeds Spalding, the football lax and wrestling always seem to be behind the top programs in the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

API is a good mix of public and private school unlike Hawks who primarily were HAWKS. Doesnt matter who feeds Spalding, the football lax and wrestling always seem to be behind the top programs in the MIAA.

The football program is one of the top programs in the MIAA: the wrestling is a tier below MSJ and MCD but super competitive. Lacrosse is another matter: The boys lacrosse program has only made the playoffs once since the Program moved into the A Conference. Contrary to the haters and naysayers I do believe they're moving in the right direction personnel wise. Time will tell if they can get over the hump and build a sustainable program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn coaching staff includes proven MLL players. Matt Landis and Jack Doyle are proven players trying to make their mark in coaching. Their head coach was a star at Drexel and has worked for the school for years. They made the MIAA playoffs last year ahead of a couple of B County MIAA schools. After watching a lot of that team’s games, I can tell you that they are a much improved team since they played GPrep in their opener.

For those Spalding lovers that crow about beating Severn, they won in OT after Severn blew a 3 goal lead with 4 minutes left. Why? They ran out of gas. They lack depth and running only two lines of middles and no defense subs eventually gets you in trouble. For that instance, I blame coaching. Otherwise, try coaching at a school that costs $27 k/ year that does NOT pay for recruiting where each class only has 50 boys. They play B County MIAA that have 3-4 times the population to choose from.

AA County MIAA has been a non pay-for-recruiting scene for decades. The Spalding/Hawks deal may have completely changed that dynamic. We will see. Shame on them for putting winning at all costs ahead of standards. AA was always better than the McD/CHC win at all cost recruiting techniques employed by our friends up north.

Trust me, if Severn valued winning at all costs, they could make St Francis football recruiting look like choir boys. Anyone that suggests that Severn pays athletic scholarships doesn’t have clue. Oh, and Severn School is in Severna Park, not Glen Burnie. Geez....you get lost on the way to a game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, and Severn School is in Severna Park, not Glen Burnie. Geez....you get lost on the way to a game?

I think that earlier poster was referring to the fact that Spalding is in Severn, MD which is a fancy name for a place that is actually a cornfield sandwiched between Glen Burnie and the county landfill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can they rename this thread to "The bitter, half-rate, snotty private school parent thread" so people who start reading it know there is NO good information in here about lacrosse? 93 pages dedicated to bitc@#$ about 1-3 schools that MD's top public schools could throttle! Why, because they are private schools? Who cares!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding plays Severna Park tonight so we will find out if THE top public school team can "throttle" a bottom half MIAA team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding plays Severna Park tonight so we will find out if THE top public school team can "throttle" a bottom half MIAA team.

What do the BOTC experts predict for tonight? Score? Debating on going to watch live but don’t want to see anyone get blown out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do the BOTC experts predict for tonight? Score? Debating on going to watch live but don’t want to see anyone get blown out.

THURSDAY
Severn by 2 or 3
2nd game is a toss up, will take Severna Park

SATURDAY
Spalding beats Broadneck by 4 or 5, Spalding will actually have the better coaching staff in this matchup
Severn upsets Severna Park by 2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn lost 10-9. #6 is a monster and the Admirals have no faceoff guy at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn loses 2 goal lead, Broadneck wins 10-9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This lacrosse school can’t find a faceoff kid or train one. Embarrassing to say the least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word. I think Severn won 3 of 23 face offs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn lost 10-9. #6 is a monster and the Admirals have no faceoff guy at all

I thought Broadneck's faceoff man was #23, who is #6. maybe he switched numbers this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the #6 quote is about the Severn Attack. Jon Jarosz. I think he had 2-3 goals. He is committed to Navy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Severna Park
Westminster
Broadneck
Urbana

Plenty of talented public schools can do it.......for FREE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent that lives in Severns backyard with 22 and 24 boys. The
Coach does not recruit and yes my 22 son plays for a MIAA school. Our club team practices at Severn sometimes and I could not even tell you who the HC at Severn is. But if a Baltimore HC from other MIAA schools where to walk by me I could point them out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can they rename this thread to "The bitter, half-rate, snotty private school parent thread" so people who start reading it know there is NO good information in here about lacrosse? 93 pages dedicated to bitc@#$ about 1-3 schools that MD's top public schools could throttle! Why, because they are private schools? Who cares!

Spalding beats Severna Park 13-6..... Thats gotta hurt !! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent that lives in Severns backyard with 22 and 24 boys. The
Coach does not recruit and yes my 22 son plays for a MIAA school. Our club team practices at Severn sometimes and I could not even tell you who the HC at Severn is. But if a Baltimore HC from other MIAA schools where to walk by me I could point them out.

I think he was wearing pink pants on the sideline!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Severn coach has actually been doing quite a bit of outreach with local club teams and understand they have a great 2023 class coming in next year. AA County private schools go in cycles. Severn made the playoffs last year, STM is up this year, and Spalding MAY be up in the next few years. Severn will be back.

On another note, Spalding dismantled SP last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding beats Severna Park 13-6..... Thats gotta hurt !! LOL

SP wasn’t even on the same playing field. Goes to show you that the public school state championships are not that big of a deal. Weak lacrosse.

Look at the scores that these public schools post. Big scores against weak lacrosse teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding bearing their chest because they beat a public school. Any other MIAA doing the same thing about beating a public school? That just shows you where the program is at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Severn coach has actually been doing quite a bit of outreach with local club teams and understand they have a great 2023 class coming in next year. AA County private schools go in cycles. Severn made the playoffs last year, STM is up this year, and Spalding MAY be up in the next few years. Severn will be back.

On another note, Spalding dismantled SP last night.

SM has been in the playoffs five of the last six years, has won conference championships, and has not lost to a public school since the 1960s. They should not be grouped with Spadling and Severn in your otherwise solid post.

Like Reply Quote
Page 35 of 313 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard