BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 97 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Except against Darien. Wonder why / how that program is that much better then the far and away best program in section 1? Wonder why that is???

Which program is far and away the best in Section 1? Yorktown? The team is beat up, bunch of kids playing hurt and was still a close game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except against Darien. Wonder why / how that program is that much better then the far and away best program in section 1? Wonder why that is???

Please enlighten us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town embarrassed Jay on Saturday, wasn't as close as the score made it look! What a difference a year makes, Town clearly the team to beat once again! #THE_CROP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Local teams did well at WSYL qualifier this weekend in LI

PrimeTime, Eclipse, Express North all qualified for tourney. Preds and 2-Way each had wins. As usual we just can't get over the LI hump.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Local teams did well at WSYL qualifier this weekend in LI

PrimeTime, Eclipse, Express North all qualified for tourney. Preds and 2-Way each had wins. As usual we just can't get over the LI hump.

No shame in not knocking off top LI teams, who are likely going to finish Top 3 in in the national tourney. Congrats to PT, Eclipse, Express North. Preds and 2Way weaker than last year's teams so no surprise they lost a lot.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great weekend and I was surprised how evenly matched the top 3 teams from our area were. Noticeable drop in size and skill to next level with Preds/2-Way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great weekend and I was surprised how evenly matched the top 3 teams from our area were. Noticeable drop in size and skill to next level with Preds/2-Way.

That's because all of 2Way holdbacks can't play in Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 way looked as big as any other team and had a very respectable tourney - 3-3, did not by any stretch get blown out or embarrassed, Preds on the other hand is a different story obviously as 2 way beat them 8-0

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 way looked as big as any other team and had a very respectable tourney - 3-3, did not by any stretch get blown out or embarrassed, Preds on the other hand is a different story obviously as 2 way beat them 8-0

2Way have been practicing since February and came in ready to play. Westchester Predators seemed to lack depth and had no FoGo, They used a long pole at face-offs and weren't prepared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Lacrosse in Westchester dead? We are into Spring HS lacrosse and no talk on this board at all other than club lax and a few Yorktown comments......what's going on??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iona - Stephinac last night was a great game until the 3rd qtr.. Stephinac beat Fordham, Iona beat Don Bosco and Bergen Catholic for quality wins. Fun to watch the rivalry games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2Way have been practicing since February and came in ready to play. Westchester Predators seemed to lack depth and had no FoGo, They used a long pole at face-offs and weren't prepared.

Practicing since Feb? Decent teams have been together for years with on-age kids. 2way has a failed formula- relies on holdbacks until WSYL when they have to grab kids to make a team. You cannot win against good teams by grabbing lesser talent to make a temporary team. They looked good to me but a step below the A teams. They went 1-3 on day 1 and then won consolation games against bad teams- including Preds. I grant you point they didn't get wrecked. I also agree- these 2Way and Preds teams aren;'t close to equal. But both 24 teams way worse than past 23's, especially Preds. Seems best players in area on PT, Express North and Eclipse. last years North and eclipse teams didnt come close to qualifying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True about 2-Way. they did get 3 wins and showed well. All together Westchester/CT did get 3 teams into WSYL. Good showing most teams local area ever sent to WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Lacrosse in Westchester dead? We are into Spring HS lacrosse and no talk on this board at all other than club lax and a few Yorktown comments......what's going on??

What is there to write? Yorktown best program in a tiny shallow pond content to win the Section. Westchester lacrosse is a level below LI and Maryland. More high level competition is needed in the area, you need fire to temper steel maybe dragon glass would help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is there to write? Yorktown best program in a tiny shallow pond content to win the Section. Westchester lacrosse is a level below LI and Maryland. More high level competition is needed in the area, you need fire to temper steel maybe dragon glass would help.

The entire world is a level below Long Island and Maryland. Westchester is not unique in this regard. Also, LI has about 3x as many people, therefore it should have 3x as many good HS teams. And it has that, at least. But it also has 3x as many bad teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI has 20 to 25 very high quality lacrosse programs. Westchester has (maybe) four with Yorktown at the top of the list. At every level the premier LI teams are head and shoulders better than the premier Westchester teams. Look at post season results or the occasional out of league games. Its not just about population differentials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown runs youth lacrosse with one objective--provide a fun and challenging environment in which kids can learn the game and life lessons. 100% of those involved in the program are volunteers and invest 100's of hours to organize the season, scheduling fields, games, practices, travel, etc. Their time is a gift to the kids of Yorktown. Club lacrosse has gotten too expensive, too serious, too cut throat. Let the kids play because they love the game and the comradery and support your local program. If you are ranking elementary school level teams, maybe get a life and take a step back from living through your sons endeavors .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown now healthy, John Jay has their full roster back. Both teams with impressive wins and a few stinkers. Section 1 is up for grabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town embarrassed Jay on Saturday, wasn't as close as the score made it look! What a difference a year makes, Town clearly the team to beat once again! #THE_CROP

Yorktown dominated by Wilton, JJ beat SWR. Programs headed in opposite directions. Town still hasn't cleaned up the dumb turnovers, JJ playing like a team. Right now, JJ the better program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

John Jay playing much better than Yorktown. When was the last time JJ one the Section two years in a row?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

John Jay playing much better than Yorktown. When was the last time JJ one the Section two years in a row?

We shall see in about 5 hrs!
GO TOWN!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shall see in about 5 hrs!
GO TOWN!!!!!

Yorktown lacrosse is consistently the least prepared team to step on the field. Darien, Wilton, Ridgefield, John Jay. Outcoached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Convince me that I am wrong...

John Jay has just been better than Yorktown the last two years. Not by a lot - but better. I'm sure there are many reasons why.

It happens (just like in the mid 2000's). They don't have the storied history that Yorktown has - but they are a very good program and better than Yorktown in 2018 and 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay won 4 in row from 2005-2008 (when Yorktown was in "A"). Jay also won in 2010.

Turning the question around - when was the last time Yorktown didn't win the section over a two year period? I'm not sure has happened in a very long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

John Jay has just been better than Yorktown the last two years. Not by a lot - but better. I'm sure there are many reasons why.

It happens (just like in the mid 2000's). They don't have the storied history that Yorktown has - but they are a very good program and better than Yorktown in 2018 and 2019.

I'll jump in here. If you've been watching Yorktown play, then you know they are unprepared. Why does Yorktown consistently give back leads in the second half of games? Still can't clear under pressure or beat a zone D? Giving up fast break goals because all the mids are subbing. Never having teams properly scouted. Team can't win with one arm tied behind their backs. None of this is up for debate, its just a question of denial or acceptance and a response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't wait to hear the whining when Rye wins the class B section crown next year. Ytown coaches are arrogant and are behind the times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll jump in here. If you've been watching Yorktown play, then you know they are unprepared. Why does Yorktown consistently give back leads in the second half of games? Still can't clear under pressure or beat a zone D? Giving up fast break goals because all the mids are subbing. Never having teams properly scouted. Team can't win with one arm tied behind their backs. None of this is up for debate, its just a question of denial or acceptance and a response.

Must disagree with first fella. John Jay is a good program but the 2018 and 2019 Yorktown squads were better, man for man. Seen a lot of games and the level of play last 2 years was embarrassing. Ytown needs change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must disagree with first fella. John Jay is a good program but the 2018 and 2019 Yorktown squads were better, man for man. Seen a lot of games and the level of play last 2 years was embarrassing. Ytown needs change.

Will not happen. There is a new athletic director who hired the current coach so they are tied at the hip. Rumor is players are jumping ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where would they go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where would they go?

Prep schools. If this is true, its very sad. People used to move to Ytown to play lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to John jay and Briarcliff for getting it done, good luck in the finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First IMO Rankings for Summer 2019
Lots of changes since last year with new clubs and other traditional clubs falling depending on year.

Only one tourney to go on so far But overall Primetime Looked strong. Express North and Eclipse looked to have lost ground
and new teams i.e Pride, others seem to be gaining. I'm only doing 2023 and 2024 years so feedback regarding all years is welcome.

IMO 2023
1. Primetime
2. Express North Pearsall
3. Preds
4. 2-Way
5. Express North Brameier
6. Pride
7. Eclipse
8. Hudson Valley Express
9. Swashbucklers
10. Westchester Warriors

I dropped Eclipse due to not playing any fall tournaments and no word on the team this summer. No doubt there is some talent on the tat team, they just don't play much.

1. Eclipse
2. Express North Schreiber
3. Primetime
4. 2-Way
5. Preds
6. Express North Lawrence
7. Pride
8. Warriors
9. Hudson Valley Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of changes since last year with new clubs and other traditional clubs falling depending on year.

Only one tourney to go on so far But overall Primetime Looked strong. Express North and Eclipse looked to have lost ground
and new teams i.e Pride, others seem to be gaining. I'm only doing 2023 and 2024 years so feedback regarding all years is welcome.

IMO 2023
1. Primetime
3. Preds
4. 2-Way
6. Pride
7. Eclipse
8. Hudson Valley Express
9. Swashbucklers
10. Westchester Warriors

I dropped Eclipse due to not playing any fall tournaments and no word on the team this summer. No doubt there is some talent on the tat team, they just don't play much.

1. Eclipse
3. Primetime
4. 2-Way
5. Preds
6. Express North Lawrence
7. Pride
8. Warriors
9. Hudson Valley Express

I'm really only here for 2029 and 2030 class rankings. When will those be issued?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Additional classes will be added later this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Additional classes will be added later this week.

The 2029 and 2030 comment was meant to be sarcastic. Some of you guys need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all of the Section 1 honorees from last nights dinner. Special thank you to Coach Schurr for being the type of man we can all be proud to support and have guiding our young men.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Primetime
3. Preds
4. 2-Way
6. Preds B
7. 91Tristate
8. Pride
9. CT Wolves

You forgot 91TS. Dropped those other bottom teams you listed, they have no presence at all. Agreed on Eclipse, program has buried/hidden 2023 team despite very strong talent. Don't know how to rank a team that doesn't play ever, even in their NLF tourneys. Why kids haven't bolted to other programs in crucial period is weird.

1. Eclipse
3. Primetime
4. 2-Way
5. 91tristate
6. Preds
7. Express North Lawrence
8. Pride

Preds 2024 was awful at WSYL quals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't sleep on Hudson valley Express. Not a bad team just not much pub and usually win the lower tournaments. No relation to LI Express North. Interesting that the Express North Brameier team is going to NALF this weekend instead of Pearsall. Maybe Express has plans for Fairfield/CT whatever its called to be as/more competitive than katonah version?

Like Reply Quote
Page 66 of 97 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard