BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wambulance en route to the LI "bridge and tunneler" crowd

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hi guys. Looking forward to playing the cheater teams. The boys have been playing top 2023 teams up here on LI, to get ready for your older boys. You know, 2023 age kids on LI are 2024 age kids in MD. I think that’s a pretty good plan. What do you guys think? Not sure though. Maybe we should be playing older boys in 2022. I know you guys say that double holdbacks are rare, but I’m not sure what that means. Maybe you can help me. Does “rare” mean one double holdback per team? Or two, or three? I really don’t know. Appreciate your help from ya all. See you soon!

I feel like you needed to throw a “hey, yo” in there. It would have given your post a little more umpf, and then maybe we would have cared more about what you are looking forward to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man I can’t wait to watch the WP parents faces when their team gets crushed at Naptown! Didn’t win last year, can’t even get to the semis at NLF but have fun at WSYL in early July bc it’s going to be a short lived celebration when you get a reality check in Annapolis! Don’t worry, I’m sure all the coaches recruiting down the road will ask how you all did at WSYL 5 years ago....stunands!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man I can’t wait to watch the WP parents faces when their team gets crushed at Naptown! Didn’t win last year, can’t even get to the semis at NLF but have fun at WSYL in early July bc it’s going to be a short lived celebration when you get a reality check in Annapolis! Don’t worry, I’m sure all the coaches recruiting down the road will ask how you all did at WSYL 5 years ago....stunands!

And I'm sure you'll be bragging to all the folks at the Walmart you work at that your 14 and 15 year old team beat some 12 & 13 year old kids. Remember to tell little Cletus or Jim Bob to go to the net every time and then give a high five to Aunt Mama!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

~ 91 Wolfpack - The "Class of 2024 Lacrosse" ~

... just raised the bar... AGAIN...

... and the cheater teams worst nightmare...

Coming to a tourney near you soon...

https://www.instagram.com/91lacrosse/p/BwGIN87BHiU/

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I'm sure you'll be bragging to all the folks at the Walmart you work at that your 14 and 15 year old team beat some 12 & 13 year old kids. Remember to tell little Cletus or Jim Bob to go to the net every time and then give a high five to Aunt Mama!

Little Cletus is going to enjoy the show this year as he watches his 15 year old brother, who is also his cousin, get beat up by a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds. Ya'all better have your boys bring their bags this year, cause they're going to want to be wearing them after the beatdown they get. Again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quick question for you cheater dads. What would do you think would happen if your kids ever played a lacrosse game against children their own age? Would they pee their pants, or maybe you would. Honestly, I don't know who is the bigger lost, you, for having absolutely no confidence in your child to even play with children his own age, or your son for agreeing to it. That's a tough one, but I'm going to go with... YOU. Funny, because for years I had my kid play up. To tell you the truth, I never even considered my son playing down! I didn't even know that existed until I went to MD and found out that's what 80%+ of the kids do there. You folks are really messed up, you know that? Must be all that inbreeding that ya'all do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quick question for you cheater dads. What would do you think would happen if your kids ever played a lacrosse game against children their own age? Would they pee their pants, or maybe you would. Honestly, I don't know who is the bigger lost, you, for having absolutely no confidence in your child to even play with children his own age, or your son for agreeing to it. That's a tough one, but I'm going to go with... YOU. Funny, because for years I had my kid play up. To tell you the truth, I never even considered my son playing down! I didn't even know that existed until I went to MD and found out that's what 80%+ of the kids do there. You folks are really messed up, you know that? Must be all that inbreeding that ya'all do.

I have a 12/30/2005 7th-grade son playing on a 2024 team. He played up on 2023 for three years since our club didn't have enough to field a 2024 team. This year is different, we had enough players to field a 2024. He was asked to play on 2024, so he went from the youngest to the oldest on his team, 3/4 are summer 06. The grade-based deal, well, it's just how it's done in MD. Not cheating if it's within the cutoffs. But my son has definitely experienced playing against boys that were likely 2-3 years older. This was most frustrating last year as a 6th grader on a 7th grade team playing against men. When we played in tourneys in LI, I will admit things felt more balanced.

My only objection is the reference to inbreeding, it ain't MD, it's WV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a 12/30/2005 7th-grade son playing on a 2024 team. He played up on 2023 for three years since our club didn't have enough to field a 2024 team. This year is different, we had enough players to field a 2024. He was asked to play on 2024, so he went from the youngest to the oldest on his team, 3/4 are summer 06. The grade-based deal, well, it's just how it's done in MD. Not cheating if it's within the cutoffs. But my son has definitely experienced playing against boys that were likely 2-3 years older. This was most frustrating last year as a 6th grader on a 7th grade team playing against men. When we played in tourneys in LI, I will admit things felt more balanced.

That part was suppose to be a joke.

~ 91 Wolfpack - The "Class of 2024 Lacrosse" ~

... just raised the bar... AGAIN...

... and the cheater teams worst nightmare...

Coming to a tourney near you soon...

https://www.instagram.com/91lacrosse/p/BwGIN87BHiU/

Word has it that 91 destroyed all teams at the WSYL North Qualifier this past weekend, beating Legacy 9-2 in the championship game. Obviously they are a good team, but I didn't think they were that good, to post the scores that they did. Anybody know what's up with them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Naptown? WP didn't go to Naptown last year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The organization/team that your boy plays for is not an elite team or organization, if they didn't have enough players to field a team at the 2024 level. That's why you have 3/4's of your team as summer 06 birthdays. By MD standards, your son is on a B team. If he was on an elite team, the 80% rule would apply (80% holdbacks). By contrast, LI elite teams have 3/4's of their team with summer 06 birthdays, or even later. Sometimes much later. I wish you and your son nothing but the best, having to deal with that corrupt culture in MD. It's so ingrained, people like you take it for granted, and think it's OK. But it really isn't OK. It's screwing people like you and your son, and you don't even realize it. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The organization/team that your boy plays for is not an elite team or organization, if they didn't have enough players to field a team at the 2024 level. That's why you have 3/4's of your team as summer 06 birthdays. By MD standards, your son is on a B team. If he was on an elite team, the 80% rule would apply (80% holdbacks). By contrast, LI elite teams have 3/4's of their team with summer 06 birthdays, or even later. Sometimes much later. I wish you and your son nothing but the best, having to deal with that corrupt culture in MD. It's so ingrained, people like you take it for granted, and think it's OK. But it really isn't OK. It's screwing people like you and your son, and you don't even realize it. Good luck.

Along with the Wambulance on the way to LI (stuck in traffic, shocking I know) I asked them to pick up a "Fake News" consultant so you can better craft your completely false "80% rule" narrative to give it more impact. By all means continue to push the MD 14/15 yo vs the LI 11/12 year old story if it gives you some rest at night, and please know it has a truly meaningful impact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quick question for you cheater dads. What would do you think would happen if your kids ever played a lacrosse game against children their own age? Would they pee their pants,
or maybe you would. Honestly, I don't know who is the bigger lost, you, for having absolutely no confidence in your child to even play with children his own age, or your son for agreeing to it. That's a tough one, but I'm going to go with... YOU. Funny, because for years I had my kid play up. To tell you the truth, I never even considered my son playing down! I didn't even know that existed until I went to MD and found out that's what 80%+ of the kids do there. You folks are really messed up, you know that? Must be all that inbreeding that ya'all do.

Along with the Wambulance on the way to LI (stuck in traffic, shocking I know) I asked them to pick up a "Fake News" consultant so you can better craft your completely false "80% rule" narrative to give it more impact. By all means continue to push the MD 14/15 yo vs the LI 11/12 year old story if it gives you some rest at night, and please know it has a truly meaningful impact.

The 80% is being kind for most of the teams, according to the MD non-holdback parents. This information comes directly from your own MD/DC people on BOTC and is all right here on the MD board for who ever cares to confirm it. But no one from MD will, because everyone is all too familiar with the corrupt culture of MD club lacrosse, since all of the nonholdback players are the victims of this sleezey business practice and deal with it everyday. Yes, it’s all on this MD thread, discussed at nauseam, by the nonholdback parents. You holdback daddy’s love it though don’t you? It makes your kid feel like he can actually compete against someone, when he only plays against players that are a year or more younger than him. Well the MD parents are fed up with trashy unethical system beaters such as yourself. And I don’t blame them. So all of this FACTUAL talk about 80% isn’t coming from LI. It’s coming from your neighbors who are sick and tired of sleezeballs like you. For outsiders like me,that don’t live the lie, so they aren’t familiar with the factual nature of this statement, they only need to flip through the pages of this thread. See you soon cheater holdback dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand if all of the NY kids always played up when they were , why is it a problem when they play against a few kids who are a year older now that they are in middle school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Let's take our good friends from Madlax DC as an example, since you are most likely a holdback parent from Madlax. From my experience, all of the true db parents (yes, there is an occasional exception to this rule) are from ML-DC. Madax has two 2024 teams of approximately 30 players each. That's 60 total players. Of that, they don't have 15 kids (7 players per team) to form a team to compete for a 13U world tournament. That's proof-positive that over 75% of the team is holdbacks. How much more? Well, based on this very MD thread, elite teams have on average 3 on age players per team. Since our example is Madlax DC, where basically every player goes to private school and starts Kindergarten at 6 years old, instead of 5 years old like the rest of the world, Madlax is between 80% and 95% holdbacks. There are no more dirty little secrets anymore in club lacrosse. The secret is out and has been out for quite some time now. And, since we are talking about Madlax DC, how old is your new holdback-player-giant that replaced your old holdback-player-giant, who finally went back to playing kids his own age (now there's a novel concept!). You know, the kid that played for the DC Dogs 2023 team for the past several seasons. Since he's from DC, he's prob a holdback from the get-go, like the rest of the DC players, right? And, since he was a 2023 last year and is now a 2024 player, he's obviously a reclass too. What's that make your 6' 170 lb 7th grader? 15 or going on 15? 7th grade lacrosse games must really be important to you, for your teams to go to all of this trouble, just to try and stay competitive with far superior LI teams. Must really stink for your parents when your 14 and 15 year olds lose to our 12 and 13 year olds. Yeah, I guess that would be pretty embarrassing. Cheating your butt's off, and still losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy big Girl , I think you have had one too many Red Solo Cups !! Please dont drive that iroc Z , Red Solo Cups and Iroc Z's are not meant to be together !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have had your kid play up “for years”(which is comical in itself because he is only in 7th grade), why do you cry so much when he plays older kids now? Just a flat out answer without a bunch of NY drama will suffice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Let's take our good friends from Madlax DC as an example, since you are most likely a holdback parent from Madlax. From my experience, all of the true db parents (yes, there is an occasional exception to this rule) are from ML-DC. Madax has two 2024 teams of approximately 30 players each. That's 60 total players. Of that, they don't have 15 kids (7 players per team) to form a team to compete for a 13U world tournament. That's proof-positive that over 75% of the team is holdbacks. How much more? Well, based on this very MD thread, elite teams have on average 3 on age players per team. Since our example is Madlax DC, where basically every player goes to private school and starts Kindergarten at 6 years old, instead of 5 years old like the rest of the world, Madlax is between 80% and 95% holdbacks. There are no more dirty little secrets anymore in club lacrosse. The secret is out and has been out for quite some time now. And, since we are talking about Madlax DC, how old is your new holdback-player-giant that replaced your old holdback-player-giant, who finally went back to playing kids his own age (now there's a novel concept!). You know, the kid that played for the DC Dogs 2023 team for the past several seasons. Since he's from DC, he's prob a holdback from the get-go, like the rest of the DC players, right? And, since he was a 2023 last year and is now a 2024 player, he's obviously a reclass too. What's that make your 6' 170 lb 7th grader? 15 or going on 15? 7th grade lacrosse games must really be important to you, for your teams to go to all of this trouble, just to try and stay competitive with far superior LI teams. Must really stink for your parents when your 14 and 15 year olds lose to our 12 and 13 year olds. Yeah, I guess that would be pretty embarrassing. Cheating your butt's off, and still losing.

Almost everything said in this post is factually incorrect or a false assumption/inference so well done with that. The most amusing thing is that a LI parent would have the temerity to call out parents from another team. LI parents are by far the worst lacrosse parents around, one day at a lacrosse tournament where LI teams are involved is all anyone needs to see that. A simple read through the LI Board is also a good proxy for this. If it comes down to parents of kids with a summer birthday who choose to "hold them back" before going into K (by the way plenty of studies show this is beneficial for the kids on many levels) vs. parents who psychotically (and cowardly) scream "see you in Denver" at 13 yo kids who are a couple of feet away walking back to their tent, I personally will take the "holdback" parents every day.

Every time I read a post from a LI parent all I can think of is a quote from Liar Liar, "So what I'm gonna do is lax and moan like an impotent donk." Hence the need for the Wambulance. What makes all of this even funnier (sadder) is that with the WSYL you LI parents have an age based tournament where one team can be crowned the best U13 lacrosse team in the universe. Well enough amusement for the day, I look forward to the well reasoned responses [sarcasm and rolly eye emoji].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best U13 team in the WORLD will be crowned July 4th.****PERIOD**** No cheater holdbacks! Can you imagine the disgusting and God awful things the DMV parents would do to stack those teams?!?!? I for one am very thankful the WSYL isn’t just a money grab and they actually care about the integrity of the game. It would be extremely easy to make it a grade based tournament and let the dough roll in!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost everything said in this post is factually incorrect or a false assumption/inference so well done with that. The most amusing thing is that a LI parent would have the temerity to call out parents from another team. LI parents are by far the worst lacrosse parents around, one day at a lacrosse tournament where LI teams are involved is all anyone needs to see that. A simple read through the LI Board is also a good proxy for this. If it comes down to parents of kids with a summer birthday who choose to "hold them back" before going into K (by the way plenty of studies show this is beneficial for the kids on many levels) vs. parents who psychotically (and cowardly) scream "see you in Denver" at 13 yo kids who are a couple of feet away walking back to their tent, I personally will take the "holdback" parents every day.

Great response, Madlax parent.

You didn't have a single rational rebuttal against any of the hold back accusations (because there OBVIOUSLY aren't any), except to once again claim "summer birthdays".

It's very interesting that once all of the cheater teams have been factually outed, and the lies come to an end, the holdback dads all (OK, it's all actually just one one Madlax guy) claim that every holdback on their team (i.e. every kid on their team) mysteriously has a "summer birthday", of which most are the end of August, which strangely enough coincides almost to the day with the WSYL 9/1 cutoff date, which is the event/date that actually outed all of the cheater teams.

Now, they all just missed that deadline and entire teams strangely have 8/31/05 birthdays. Wow, amazing how 30 kids on about 10 teams have birthdays on 8/31/05!! Obviously, more lies from the cheater holdback parents, but I must say, very much anticipated as well as amusing!!

CHEAT-ON... HOLDBACK PARENTS!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm the OP you're replying to... you nailed it, he left a 2023AA team, for this 2024B, it is not an elite team, and it's pretty much made up of the summer 06 kids that weren't getting play time on their old elite teams. Likely to finish the season around 0.500, possibly one game above or below. It's ... meh. You're 80% assessment is high, but as a MD parent, I don't have a problem with kids falling into the actual school cutoffs, but I am most def willing to cop to the actual holdback problem: lots of boys repeat 6th grade when they transfer to a Baltimore private school, June birthdays are held back, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You didn't have a single rational rebuttal against any of the hold back accusations (because there OBVIOUSLY aren't any), except to once again claim "summer birthdays".

It's very interesting that once all of the cheater teams have been factually outed, and the lies come to an end, the holdback dads all (OK, it's all actually just one one Madlax guy) claim that every holdback on their team (i.e. every kid on their team) mysteriously has a "summer birthday", of which most are the end of August, which strangely enough coincides almost to the day with the WSYL 9/1 cutoff date, which is the event/date that actually outed all of the cheater teams.

Now, they all just missed that deadline and entire teams strangely have 8/31/05 birthdays. Wow, amazing how 30 kids on about 10 teams have birthdays on 8/31/05!! Obviously, more lies from the cheater holdback parents, but I must say, very much anticipated as well as amusing!!

OK, did not want to go through the tedium of rebutting the "fake facts" since the reality is that none of them but one can be actually verified by anyone on an anonymous board. I will attempt to since I am eating my lunch and it amuses me so. I am glad you used the word accusations because that is what they are, not facts, simply assumptions.

The one fact that can somewhat be verified is that there are not 30 kids on the top Madlax team, there are 26 listed on the website and the roster is actually a bit smaller than that so basically the initial fact is wrong and relatively verifiable.

The 80% number is very wrong as well but since no one on this board can verify either way not worth going into other than to say our family actually plays in MD and knows the ages of kids way better than anyone in LI does.

I guess my real question for you is why the obsession with holdbacks. I don't think anyone on this board has said there are not holdbacks on these teams.
The reality is that these decisions, for the most part, are made when a child is 4/5 years old (yes the vast majority of them are summer birthdays) and I am guessing in 99.9% of the cases not once did lacrosse come up as a reason for doing it. The actual and very understandable reasons for this have been discussed ad nauseam so I will not go into it. As the parent of an "on age" elite player I actually have no issue with these "holdbacks". In addition the parents do not set the rules for the league, age/grade based. I actually do not mind the grade based teams as kids get to play with other kids they are in the same grade with, not the worst thing in the world. I know you will now say, but what about the double holdbacks. Does this happen, yup. Am I fan of it, nope. Is the issue so large that I lose sleep over it, nope. I think there is a misguided belief in LI that all the kids on elite teams are double holdbacks, this is simply not true. Reality is the age gap (which is what we are really talking about) is much less than what LI people think or complain about on this Board. Once again my belief versus someone elses, believe what you want.

Finally, as I am finishing my sandwich, the word "cheater" gets thrown around a lot on the board, can you please give me the definition of cheating. I am not aware of any MD teams trying to sneak into the WSYL on fake birth certificates, from what I know they only play in tournaments and games where they are eligible to compete. By the way there is actually a very simple solution to this, don't play in grade based tournaments if it is so unjust. I don't think anyone in MD would care at all if LI didn't show up because at the end of the day this is 7th grade lacrosse, who really cares as long as the kids are having fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy big Girl , I think you have had one too many Red Solo Cups !! Please dont drive that iroc Z , Red Solo Cups and Iroc Z's are not meant to be together !

Love the IROC reference, Madlax dad. That one never gets old now does it! Keep using it Madlax dad, it’s your signature. That’s how we know it’s you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, did not want to go through the tedium of rebutting the "fake facts" since the reality is that none of them but one can be actually verified by anyone on an anonymous board. I will attempt to since I am eating my lunch and it amuses me so. I am glad you used the word accusations because that is what they are, not facts, simply assumptions.

The one fact that can somewhat be verified is that there are not 30 kids on the top Madlax team, there are 26 listed on the website and the roster is actually a bit smaller than that so basically the initial fact is wrong and relatively verifiable.

The 80% number is very wrong as well but since no one on this board can verify either way not worth going into other than to say our family actually plays in MD and knows the ages of kids way better than anyone in LI does.

I guess my real question for you is why the obsession with holdbacks. I don't think anyone on this board has said there are not holdbacks on these teams.
The reality is that these decisions, for the most part, are made when a child is 4/5 years old (yes the vast majority of them are summer birthdays) and I am guessing in 99.9% of the cases not once did lacrosse come up as a reason for doing it. The actual and very understandable reasons for this have been discussed ad nauseam so I will not go into it. As the parent of an "on age" elite player I actually have no issue with these "holdbacks". In addition the parents do not set the rules for the league, age/grade based. I actually do not mind the grade based teams as kids get to play with other kids they are in the same grade with, not the worst thing in the world. I know you will now say, but what about the double holdbacks. Does this happen, yup. Am I fan of it, nope. Is the issue so large that I lose sleep over it, nope. I think there is a misguided belief in LI that all the kids on elite teams are double holdbacks, this is simply not true. Reality is the age gap (which is what we are really talking about) is much less than what LI people think or complain about on this Board. Once again my belief versus someone elses, believe what you want.

Finally, as I am finishing my sandwich, the word "cheater" gets thrown around a lot on the board, can you please give me the definition of cheating. I am not aware of any MD teams trying to sneak into the WSYL on fake birth certificates, from what I know they only play in tournaments and games where they are eligible to compete. By the way there is actually a very simple solution to this, don't play in grade based tournaments if it is so unjust. I don't think anyone in MD would care at all if LI didn't show up because at the end of the day this is 7th grade lacrosse, who really cares as long as the kids are having fun.

By the way, the holdback information doesn’t come from LI parents. It comes from MD on age parents like me. I’ve probably read every one of this LI guys posts, and from my perspective they are all accurate. MD elite level lacrosse is completely out of control. We all know it. Unless you are a holdback parent in which case you embrace it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations 91 Wolfpack. #1 World Ranking. Well done boys. Best on the planet.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...inside-lacrosse-13u-world-rankings/54271

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations 91 Wolfpack. #1 World Ranking. Well done boys. Best on the planet.

Bunch of on age kids.. just isnt fair !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bunch of on age kids.. just isnt fair !

“World ranking”. Lol. The people of the Ukraine must be outraged!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love starting my day off with a good laugh at sorry people who live to post about U13 world rankings! Get a life and stop wishing you were your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love starting my day off with a good laugh at sorry people who live to post about U13 world rankings! Get a life and stop wishing you were your kid.

I know right, must be hard for you to swallow your crab cake ..LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know right, must be hard for you to swallow your crab cake ..LMAO

Now that is funny ! Without Holdbacks where would MD lacrosse be !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on everything I read on BOTC every state except NY has holdbacks? Wait, I’m pretty sure I did read “other” LI posts saying LIE are cheaters too with holdbacks. Man, that must mean there are really only two clubs in the USA that don’t have holdbacks. You guys should be proud and I wish you the best at the WSYL bc after that it’s all a bunch of excuses and you guys against the rest of the lax world! Except moving forward your boys will be playing by club rules like the rest of the country and then we will see how great your teams really are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on everything I read on BOTC every state except NY has holdbacks? Wait, I’m pretty sure I did read “other” LI posts saying LIE are cheaters too with holdbacks. Man, that must mean there are really only two clubs in the USA that don’t have holdbacks. You guys should be proud and I wish you the best at the WSYL bc after that it’s all a bunch of excuses and you guys against the rest of the lax world! Except moving forward your boys will be playing by club rules like the rest of the country and then we will see how great your teams really are!

Bro. Check out the scores. Pack is crushing teams that are either beating all of the MD cheater teams, or giving them everything they can handle. Beat Legacy Taz 9-2. Limited all North region qualifiers to a maximum of 2 goals, without a single competitive game. Pack is undefeated so far, and they have played mostly better ‘23 teams, so playing up against the MD cheaters is not a problem. So prepare your 14 year old son for a beat down, Long Island 12/13 year old style. Because the Pack is looking for statement games, against the cheater teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait for the Millon Games. Run your Pack through Hawks, 91MD, and Madlax, and see how many of your boys are left standing at the end of the weekend. I'm afraid it might be a long ride home for your girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro. Check out the scores. Pack is crushing teams that are either beating all of the MD cheater teams, or giving them everything they can handle. Beat Legacy Taz 9-2. Limited all North region qualifiers to a maximum of 2 goals, without a single competitive game. Pack is undefeated so far, and they have played mostly better ‘23 teams, so playing up against the MD cheaters is not a problem. So prepare your 14 year old son for a beat down, Long Island 12/13 year old style. Because the Pack is looking for statement games, against the cheater teams.

"statement games" at the 2024 level, hahahahaha, that someone would even write something like that is so sad. Might feel sorry for someone who is this caught up in a youth sport but the LI posters on this board are so pathetic hard to conjure up any level of empathy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question to all of the MD holdback parents: Why do you have your kids play down a year? Do they have a confidence problem, where they feel inferior to kids their own age? Or, without their size advantage, they really just compete with kids their own age? Maybe it's both? Very sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"statement games" at the 2024 level, hahahahaha, that someone would even write something like that is so sad. Might feel sorry for someone who is this caught up in a youth sport but the LI posters on this board are so pathetic hard to conjure up any level of empathy.

Another OBSESSED Maryland holdback parent calling the kettle black.

The IRONY in your post "IS" MD's "statement"!

No place on the planet is more wrapped up in their youth lacrosse than our friendly HoCo "Elite" (now that's a joke!) parents. Most of the posts on this board make me want to puke, as I read who's Johnny-holdback team is the best of the best cheating holdback teams.

You know what is SAD???

The very definition of SAD is an entire state that creates nothing but cheating holdback teams that are 90% a year older than the rest of the teams, just so they can win a little kids game. THAT MY FRIEND IS BOTH... PSYCHOTICALLY OBSESSED AND PATHETIC!!

~The Parent of a Holdback-Free Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question to all of the MD holdback parents: Why do you have your kids play down a year? Do they have a confidence problem, where they feel inferior to kids their own age? Or, without their size advantage, they really just compete with kids their own age? Maybe it's both? Very sad.

I would say one of the more difficult things for some kids , especially undersized kids, is making a AA team when most coaches are taking size over skill in 7th or 8th grade . a smaller boy may have superior speed, superior stick skills but lack size. its very unfortunate. so a boy that plays down, may be just positioning himself for the future as he has been pushed out of his own grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say one of the more difficult things for some kids , especially undersized kids, is making a AA team when most coaches are taking size over skill in 7th or 8th grade . a smaller boy may have superior speed, superior stick skills but lack size. its very unfortunate. so a boy that plays down, may be just positioning himself for the future as he has been pushed out of his own grade

That is most unfortunate and ill guided, as many of the very best players at this age, are the some of the smallest players. Size obviously is a major factor at this age, since differences during the puberty years can be an enormous advantage. But guess what else is extremely important? Skill, IQ, quickness and speed. A successful team needs all of them. So a mixture of all the above is the recipe for success. Going with only size or only skill will not result in championship level teams. Look at all of the top teams in youth lacrosse, during these years. It's always a mixture of larger players and smaller ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD lacrosse has a history of holding back in the Private schools. It used to be exclusive to Private schools. Advantage was not in youth lax..just school MS and HS.. Now HOCO has enabled MS and below private school holdbacks to play...Well now more and more are holding back at youth level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you charge rent for all the space Maryland lacrosse occupies in your head smile

Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard