BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,537
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 132 of 214 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct! This is not about early recruiting, that is over. This is about the coaches wanting 2 extra month's of the player's money for camp by blocking the June 15th date. The Proposals do NOT reintroduce early recruiting, that was a false impression propagandized by the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having gone through this with 2 division 1 boys, and now my daughter, please allow me to clarify.
Kimel sends thousands of personalized e-mails to girls' private email addresses, addressed to the girls by first name, leading them on that they are wanted at her recruiting camp. Kimel prays upon the uninformed who don't realize it's a money grab. Kimel and others who are trying to block the June 15th proposal should be embarrassed of their actions. The 2 months they are pushing for has nothing to do with kids' maturation process. The US lacrosse article must have accidentally left this bit of information out when quoting her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to the firs 11 players selected as Under Armour All-Americans. Big shout out to the two players from Long Island. Well deserved, Congrats!

Thanks Mom.

No, not Mom. One of my daughters has played with the girls and I am very happy for them. Congrats again.

Thats nice, a simple text or a phone call would have done it, no? Maybe stop by the house to congratulate them face to face? You are so very happy for them that you had to come on the forum to post it? You can see where people would question your motives here.

What motive?? Why does this bother you... if this is a Mom of one of the 2 ESM girls .. who cares ignore it and continue to talk about the recruiting rule change,.. or WestHampton.. or Carol Rose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the firs 11 players selected as Under Armour All-Americans. Big shout out to the two players from Long Island. Well deserved, Congrats!

Thanks Mom.

No, not Mom. One of my daughters has played with the girls and I am very happy for them. Congrats again.

Thats nice, a simple text or a phone call would have done it, no? Maybe stop by the house to congratulate them face to face? You are so very happy for them that you had to come on the forum to post it? You can see where people would question your motives here.

What motive?? Why does this bother you... if this is a Mom of one of the 2 ESM girls .. who cares ignore it and continue to talk about the recruiting rule change,.. or WestHampton.. or Carol Rose

If?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mom.

It had to be a mom, there is now way that anyone else in this sport would be happy to see a player other than their own daughter do well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So......Northport gets beat down delivered by Smithtown East

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Missing the two best players on our team, East won't be going anywhere come crunch time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Missing the two best players on our team, East won't be going anywhere come crunch time

I though NP was supposed to be deep?? Figured the excuses would be coming. Tough to win when you don’t have the ball ‘eh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So......Northport gets beat down delivered by Smithtown East

The Florida commit isn't one of your best players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, Northport only has 2 good players? Good to know! Thanks mom

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's very good but there is a lot of depth also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Manhasset McDunough game was crap. The stalling needs to be stoped. I can see for a couple of minutes, but for over a quarter of the game?? Ridiculous!
And, what the heck happened to GC, bad bad loss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Manhasset McDunough game was garbage. The stalling needs to be stopped. I can see for a couple of minutes, but for over a quarter of the game?? Ridiculous!

I'm not sure which is worse. The stalling or your spelling....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Manhasset McDunough game was garbage. The stalling needs to be stopped. I can see for a couple of minutes, but for over a quarter of the game?? Ridiculous!

GC is just not that good, coaching is the only thing that will keep this group competitive, but don't expect them to be there at the end

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I think the officiating was worse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be interesting to see how ths team does when their 2 best players return.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the Matt @ WI scout tape last night. The Matt. coach is cooking the books.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's very good but there is a lot of depth also.

It there is so much depth, how was the score so lopsided against a middle level team on your own turf? Coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown W, Riverbed, Northport, Middle Country Final Four.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the Matt @ WI scout tape last night. The Matt. coach is cooking the books.

Normally I would just ignore someone like yourself but having the film myself I decided to take a look. First off you must be some kind of bitter person to take the time to watch a film and obviously have a game against WI this week its not difficult to figure out what team you are from.
Looking at the film I would assume you are not debating goals scored so it must be the assist thing, by my account Mattituck goals 3,4,7,8,9,10 were all on assists, goals 1,2,5 were not. Which one of those are you contesting and what is your definition of an assist. I do the score book for our team and have done so against Mattituck in the past .Each time they have had an adult doing the book as opposed to many teams that do not and seemed conscientious in doing so.
Whats amazing is there is a film showing that their stats are correct yet you are so ignorant as to call them out on it when it makes it so easy to make you look foolish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown W, Riverbed, Northport, Middle Country Final Four.

Smithtown East is doing better than West currently. The only game they lost was to WM when they had no goalie. Big matchups coming this week vs Riverhead will determine if they are a contender. I see WM in the final 4 for sure!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Normally I would just ignore someone like yourself but having the film myself I decided to take a look. First off you must be some kind of bitter person to take the time to watch a film and obviously have a game against WI this week its not difficult to figure out what team you are from.
Looking at the film I would assume you are not debating goals scored so it must be the assist thing, by my account Mattituck goals 3,4,7,8,9,10 were all on assists, goals 1,2,5 were not. Which one of those are you contesting and what is your definition of an assist. I do the score book for our team and have done so against Mattituck in the past .Each time they have had an adult doing the book as opposed to many teams that do not and seemed conscientious in doing so.
Whats amazing is there is a film showing that their stats are correct yet you are so ignorant as to call them out on it when it makes it so easy to make you look foolish.

There are plenty of teams guilty of this and if you think a 16yr old kid is going to get into with a 50yr old man over what's an assist and what isn't you're delusional. Everyone knows who cares about the stat sheet and who doesn't and neither kids or adults of teams getting beat up really care to get it right and some other teams are happy to go along as long as your'e ok with their stats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau scoring leaderboard is a joke. Good players on bad teams with terrible coaching playing worse teams and then loading up those stats. Give me a break. Play in the power conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mom.

WHO THE F CARES?!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of teams guilty of this and if you think a 16yr old kid is going to get into with a 50yr old man over what's an assist and what isn't you're delusional. Everyone knows who cares about the stat sheet and who doesn't and neither kids or adults of teams getting beat up really care to get it right and some other teams are happy to go along as long as your'e ok with their stats

While I agree with you there are a couple if issues with what you have posted other than knowing what your point actually is. If teams have a kid, who doesn't care, doing the book than that is on their AD or their coaches. My point is you have some anonymous coward come onto a website and defame a program ,its players, its coaches and there are no repercussions. How do I know what they posted is BS, because of my dealings with both programs involved and because I actually watched the game film.If the score keepers or coaches are inflating stats or actually have no idea what an assist is than they should be called out on it .If someone posts nonsense that has no basis in fact about a team, coaches , or player than that post should be removed and that poster banned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree with you there are a couple if issues with what you have posted other than knowing what your point actually is. If teams have a kid, who doesn't care, doing the book than that is on their AD or their coaches. My point is you have some anonymous coward come onto a website and defame a program ,its players, its coaches and there are no repercussions. How do I know what they posted is BS, because of my dealings with both programs involved and because I actually watched the game film.If the score keepers or coaches are inflating stats or actually have no idea what an assist is than they should be called out on it .If someone posts nonsense that has no basis in fact about a team, coaches , or player than that post should be removed and that poster banned.

The last goal scored in the game was caught on 4 steps taken then a roll dodge on defender taking three steps to a shot. This is from US Lacrosse.

3. assist: An assist is a play made by a player to her teammate who then scores a goal without having to evade excessive defensive pressure other than the goalkeeper. Only one assist per goal may be recorded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The last goal scored in the game was caught on 4 steps taken then a roll dodge on defender taking three steps to a shot. This is from US Lacrosse.

3. assist: An assist is a play made by a player to her teammate who then scores a goal without having to evade excessive defensive pressure other than the goalkeeper. Only one assist per goal may be recorded.

I guess that settles that...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I watched the Matt @ WI scout tape last night. The Matt. coach is cooking the books.

3. assist: An assist is a play made by a player to her teammate who then scores a goal
without having to evade excessive defensive pressure other than the goalkeeper. Only one
assist per goal may be recorded.
The guideline to award an assist includes two parts: there must be a pass made to the
recipient; and the recipient must take a shot. If the passer (potential assister) is able to move the ball
to a teammate (recipient), who has maneuvered for a good or more advantageous position to take a
shot, then the passer can be awarded with an assist. If the shooter, after receiving the ball from her
teammate (passer/potential assister) must outrun or maneuver around any excessive defensive
pressure before shooting, no assist can be awarded. It is not necessary for the shooter to possess
the ball for a specific length of time, nor must the shooter limit the number of steps taken after she
receives the ball for a shot. The only deciding factor, after the recipient receives a pass from her
teammate, is the amount of pressure the recipient (shooter) had to evade to put her into a position for
the shot, if any.

So there is the full definition of an assist. A few things are obvious from your post. To start reading comprehension is not one of your strengths. The fact that your main argument is how many steps a player has taken when in the definition it actually states that number of steps taken is not relevant shows you are really slow. The fact that you made up the number of steps taken when it is not relevant tells me you are desperate.If you think the shooter was under excessive pressure ( defined as more than normal) it just shows again you are just not very educated. The fact that you feel the team should have gotten 6 not 7 assists shows that there is something deeper going on than an assist and that you must be a bitter jealous person.
In the end the definition of an assist does leave some gray area, my opinion on this one is that an assist should have been recorded. I can tell you when my daughter played in college their book keeper was very lenient with both the home team and away teams while other schools not so much.
My main concern is not so much with your ignorance but more in general with people like yourself who hide behind a computer .Your wife and kids know you are a flaccid little man who would never do the right thing and approach people in person when you think something wrong is happening .You obviously know who these coaches are you should approach them and speak your mind.We all know that will never happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cooking books is widespread. A shame adults need to stoop to smoke and mirror tactics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cooking books is widespread. A shame adults need to stoop to smoke and mirror tactics.
i think its far worse when a coach leaves a kid in against a far inferior team to rack up 10-11 points in a blowout game how about play your bench. can't wait for the county dinner to hear how great little suzy was against a 1-6 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I watched the Matt @ WI scout tape last night. The Matt. coach is cooking the books.

3. assist: An assist is a play made by a player to her teammate who then scores a goal
without having to evade excessive defensive pressure other than the goalkeeper. Only one
The guideline to award an assist includes two parts: there must be a pass made to the
recipient; and the recipient must take a shot. If the passer (potential assister) is able to move the ball
to a teammate (recipient), who has maneuvered for a good or more advantageous position to take a
shot, then the passer can be awarded with an assist. If the shooter, after receiving the ball from her
teammate (passer/potential assister) must outrun or maneuver around any excessive defensive
pressure before shooting, no assist can be awarded. It is not necessary for the shooter to possess
the ball for a specific length of time, nor must the shooter limit the number of steps taken after she
receives the ball for a shot. The only deciding factor, after the recipient receives a pass from her
teammate, is the amount of pressure the recipient (shooter) had to evade to put her into a position for
the shot, if any.

So there is the full definition of an assist. A few things are obvious from your post. To start reading comprehension is not one of your strengths. The fact that your main argument is how many steps a player has taken when in the definition it actually states that number of steps taken is not relevant shows you are really slow. The fact that you made up the number of steps taken when it is not relevant tells me you are desperate.If you think the shooter was under excessive pressure ( defined as more than normal) it just shows again you are just not very educated. The fact that you feel the team should have gotten 6 not 7 assists shows that there is something deeper going on than an assist and that you must be a bitter jealous person.
In the end the definition of an assist does leave some gray area, my opinion on this one is that an assist should have been recorded. I can tell you when my daughter played in college their book keeper was very lenient with both the home team and away teams while other schools not so much.
My main concern is not so much with your ignorance but more in general with people like yourself who hide behind a computer .Your wife and kids know you are a flaccid little man who would never do the right thing and approach people in person when you think something wrong is happening .You obviously know who these coaches are you should approach them and speak your mind.We all know that will never happen.

Sorry - More than 4 steps is no assist - its just a pass.

Why 4 steps, because that gives you a more advantageous position

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck ever happened to the Dangerous shot. 80% of the shots ive seen this year are all no good.

What about sticks in the sphere?

its not the boys game, there is no contact. which brings me to, am i wrong or is even attempting a pick illegal?

Bend don't break the rules right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the film I would assume you are not debating goals scored so it must be the assist thing, by my account Mattituck goals 3,4,7,8,9,10 were all on assists, goals 1,2,5 were not. Which one of those are you contesting and what is your definition of an assist. I do the score book for our team and have done so against Mattituck in the past
.Each time they have had an adult doing the book as opposed to many teams that do not and seemed conscientious in doing so.

the shot, if any.

Wow , this could be the most uneducated response I have ever seen . The US lacrosse definition of an assist is posted for you and you clearly have such a lack of education to even be able to comprehend it . I have not seen the goal/assist in person but the number of steps has nothing to do with it . If a goalie clears the ball to a teammate who is at the far restraining line , that player takes let’s say 20 steps and was never under excessive defensive pressure and scores it’s the definition of an assist from the goalie ..Your response is the text book response from someone who has such a low level of education that they are unable to understand basic concepts, sad . Or maybe you are just stirring the pot making me the fool for believing there is that level of idiocy out there. Either way let’s move in from the assist no assist discussion .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If everybody who "posts nonsense that has no basis in fact" was banned from this site it would be very quiet - kind of like when they try to make everybody register.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't a roll dodge to evade defensive pressure take away the assist? Asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't a roll dodge to evade defensive pressure take away the assist? Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend Yes... No assist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell your friend Yes... No assist

No not automatically , if someone catches a pass and rolls to their strong hand to shoot and were not under excessive defensive pressure an assist can be awarded . If a player back door cuts a defender catches a pass and rolls back to avoid a coming slide , shoots out of that roll an assist can be awarded as neither defender was in good defensive position to be considered to apply excessive defensive pressure . Again it is a gray area and its amazing to me that the internet cowards are so ignorant and even more embarrassing that they are too flaccid to speak up to these coaches they think are being shady .Guaranttee the guy posting that is so concerned it’s not an assist has a kid going to some hideous school and is just bitter . Watch a bunch of college games and you will see that it’s sometimes up to the score keepers interpretation much like fouls by a ref , some call it one way some do not . Read the definition and make your own judgement .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the film I would assume you are not debating goals scored so it must be the assist thing, by my account Mattituck goals 3,4,7,8,9,10 were all on assists, goals 1,2,5 were not. Which one of those are you contesting and what is your definition of an assist. I do the score book for our team and have done so against Mattituck in the past
.Each time they have had an adult doing the book as opposed to many teams that do not and seemed conscientious in doing so.

the shot, if any.

Wow , this could be the most uneducated response I have ever seen . The US lacrosse definition of an assist is posted for you and you clearly have such a lack of education to even be able to comprehend it . I have not seen the goal/assist in person but the number of steps has nothing to do with it . If a goalie clears the ball to a teammate who is at the far restraining line , that player takes let’s say 20 steps and was never under excessive defensive pressure and scores it’s the definition of an assist from the goalie ..Your response is the text book response from someone who has such a low level of education that they are unable to understand basic concepts, sad . Or maybe you are just stirring the pot making me the fool for believing there is that level of idiocy out there. Either way let’s move in from the assist no assist discussion .

Thou doth protest too much - guilty conscience?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I watched the Matt @ WI scout tape last night. The Matt. coach is cooking the books

the shot, if any.

Thou doth protest too much - guilty conscience?

I have been a score keeper for some time and find it amazing that people do at times complain but dont take the time to educate themselves prior to complaining ,same thing happens in bball. I also take issue when anonymous posters come onto these sites to bash coaches, programs and worst of all players . Its small minded and petty and seems to me that the bashers would not do so if it was done to their kids but most likely their kids have never been good enough to have some creepy adults go after them. My conscience is fine because I try to do things the right way not be some anonymous coward. That said this is the last i will address this issue as you seem unhealthily obsessed ,yet I suspect you will still be too much of a coward to actually speak up in person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice win for West Islip over Westhampton, even their newest resident/player couldn't help WH win - how does WH find all these new players every year or mid-year in this case?

Like Reply Quote
Page 132 of 214 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard