BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 70 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get why folks are getting all bent out of shape. Not sure if the other regions want what you have but the fact remains LI has won the WSYL every year. While that may hurts feelings it is still a fact. Lacrosse is LI's culture and has been for 86 years. they've been really good at lacrosse for a long time and you certainly can't lead me to believe it's only because of 3 holdbacks or reclasses in 2019. you simply can't sustain cheating that long and be successful.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't get why folks are getting all bent out of shape. Not sure if the other regions want what you have but the fact remains LI has won the WSYL every year. While that may hurts feelings it is still a fact. Lacrosse is LI's culture and has been for 86 years. they've been really good at lacrosse for a long time and you certainly can't lead me to believe it's only because of 3 holdbacks or reclasses in 2019. you simply can't sustain cheating that long and be successful.

I agree. I think reason is also sport is focused on more in LI year round than in Philadelphia area where lacrosse is really most of these kids second sport. I know on BL all the kids play football, basketball or wrestle just as much if not more than play lacrosse. Long Island definitely is the leader but I do think BL or BBL can at least be a threat in Denver. LI still definitely the favorites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I am sure they can be a threat. How serious I don't know as it's way to early to tell. They simply haven't played anyone so it's hard to tell. The east qualifier was a complete joke and you could have predicted that final pairing before they showed up. BL playing BBL only tells us what we already know that both are solid teams. No clue how they compare against the teams trying to qualify in the north. Time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything the LI lover says about LI dominance and lax culture is true! However the 2024 class nationwide is a level down in depth and talent than previous classes and with so many teams in one region lower talent and less depth is watered down even more!
Now add the insurgence if lacrosse across the country and I think this is the perfect storm for a non-LI and possibly Non-east Coast team to win.

I am on the fence about watching because the 2024 talent is so bad the tourneys I go to are painful to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything the LI lover says about LI dominance and lax culture is true! However the 2024 class nationwide is a level down in depth and talent than previous classes and with so many teams in one region lower talent and less depth is watered down even more!
Now add the insurgence if lacrosse across the country and I think this is the perfect storm for a non-LI and possibly Non-east Coast team to win.

I am on the fence about watching because the 2024 talent is so bad the tourneys I go to are painful to watch.

Bro, Enjoying your little platform, with a lot of hot air?? Getting carried away with the rhetoric. Your post makes no sense. You schizofrenic? Your points contradict each other. Tell you what. Simplify your life. Pick a lane and go with that. Don’t over complicate your life with multiple points. It only confuses you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI, the better LI teams play at 2023 level...shhhhhh .Its what makes them more dominant at grade level.
Do us all a favor and stay on the fence,if watching is such a chore.
Even better, if your kid was there on the final day you'd get a better view.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just remember, this time next year, all this isn't going to mean a dam thing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for the stimulating commentary from the jealous, spiteful daddy that’s really pissed off because his kid is on a crappy team. stinks to be you, I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Madlax double holdback cheater dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today!

a lot more bad games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today!

a lot more bad games

How many teams from the north region go onto Devver?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro, Enjoying your little platform, with a lot of hot air?? Getting carried away with the rhetoric. Your post makes no sense. You schizofrenic? Your points contradict each other. Tell you what. Simplify your life. Pick a lane and go with that. Don’t over complicate your life with multiple points. It only confuses you.

“Bro” I’m sorry I didn’t mean to se big words and have too complicated of a thought process for you. Let me rewrite t for you to understand.

LI good at lax
2024 class not as good as 2023 or 2022
LI has too many teams
Door open for non-LI team to win WSYL

Is that better?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today!

a lot more bad games

Seven.

A lot of very good teams this weekend.

Pack
Taz
Prime time
Express
Eclipse
Igloo
2Way

Honestly, WP is in a different league. Crushed everyone. They won’t lose a game in Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Bro” I’m sorry I didn’t mean to se big words and have too complicated of a thought process for you. Let me rewrite t for you to understand.

LI good at lax
LI has too many teams

Is that better?!

Bro you’re not doing well. Are you off your meds again? That post made less sense than your original post. Maybe you just call a mulligan and start over, ok?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today!

a lot more bad games

Seven.

Pack
Taz
Prime time
Express
Eclipse
Igloo
2Way

Honestly, WP is in a different league. Crushed everyone. They won’t lose a game in Denver.

Agreed. Doubt they’ll lose a game all year, including all the MD cheater teams. The talent is unsurpassed. Beyond impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today!

a lot more bad games

Seven.

Pack
Taz
Prime time
Express
Eclipse
Igloo
2Way

Agreed. Doubt they’ll lose a game all year, including all the MD cheater teams. The talent is unsurpassed. Beyond impressive.

Top 7 are:

WP
TAZ
Primtetime
Express
Eclipse
Express North
Igloo

Westchester/CT represented very well. Other than WP they are very on par with the other LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today!

a lot more bad games

Seven.

Pack
Taz
Prime time
Express
Eclipse
Igloo
2Way

Should add, that the WP parents were terrific, Very nice folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone sold their stash of Met-Rx products yet? Curious on what i should be asking for in the open market. My son put on 15 lbs of solid muscle this weekend from that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did express north do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did express north do?

I'm quite sure they are not in the top 7 so most likely not going to Denver, but a respectable team.

Hung with most of the teams there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today!

a lot more bad games

Seven.

Pack
Taz
Prime time
Express
Eclipse
Igloo
2Way

Top 7 are:

WP
TAZ
Primtetime
Express
Eclipse
Express North
Igloo

Westchester/CT represented very well. Other than WP they are very on par with the other LI teams.

I'm a Long Island parent, and that is an accurate statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North was 6th place and going to Denver

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Li posted that North qualified for Denver too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen this WP team up close in the past. After watching them yesterday all I can say is IMPRESSIVE! We were at one tournament with them last summer but didn't get a chance to watch them until this weekend. I love this sport and when I watch it played at that level it is pretty awesome. Starting 10 are as legit as they come at their positions but the shock was no drop off after that. These guys are 2-3 lines deep. Our paths didn't cross this weekend and that's probably a good thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks PACK daddy. I'm sure you're the same person who highlighted how terrific the WP parents were.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express north played wolfpack stronger than most it was 2 to 0 at halftime ended up 7 t0 1 .since you are quite sure , they finished 6th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL can only get 20 teams to fly out there. No international teams. Water downed talent. Only a matter of time before this tournament disappears

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought that the 2Way parents were super respectful and nice! The only thing we heard was, "Let's Go 2Way!"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL can only get 20 teams to fly out there. No international teams. Water downed talent. Only a matter of time before this tournament disappears

Thank you Madlax holdback parent. BTW, the championship game has the second most tv viewers watching this sport, only trails the NCAA final four. The tourney gets stronger every year. But still no cheaters allowed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone hear Joe SCREAMING during the Taz/WP game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks PACK daddy. I'm sure you're the same person who highlighted how terrific the WP parents were.

Ha! That was actually me and I'm a non-WP Westchester parent, nice to get noticed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! That was actually me and I'm a non-WP Westchester parent, nice to get noticed!

professional deflection.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watered down? I know you wish that were true, Madlax daddy, but unfortunately for the cheater teams, the true world championship for non cheating teams is stronger than ever. I’m well versed on every top team at the 2024 level and every single one will be there, without exception. And I don’t want to hear any of the holdback parents crying. Your son had his opportunity last year, to go on age. But then again, only top players of the age group go, so guess there was no chance of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything I have heard and seen about the tournament is great and it will be a popular in the near future. But I honestly think the competition needs to improve for long term success. I am a little surprised the top clubs from NE and the Mid Atlantic have not built U13 WSYL teams, but I guess the interest isn't there. Because if it was, they would put teams in. I guess they would rather play grade based NLF tourneys or a Millon elite event. Can't say I blame them. A LI team winning the WSYL every year doesn't help grow the game imho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI good at lax
LI has too many teams

Is that better?!

Bro you’re not doing well. Are you off your meds again? That post made less sense than your original post. Maybe you just call a mulligan and start over, ok?

“Bro” & Mulligan - why not go with Dude Spicoli or is it more “Sweep the leg Johnny”. Either way pop that collar, put on your Z Caverecci’s and stop acting like an uneducated Biff you D bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought that the 2Way parents were super respectful and nice! The only thing we heard was, "Let's Go 2Way!"

2Way finished 9th. Lost to top 6 teams they played Sat went 1-2 then lost first game Sun but finished with 2 wins.ended weekend 3-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything I have heard and seen about the tournament is great and it will be a popular in the near future. But I honestly think the competition needs to improve for long term success. I am a little surprised the top clubs from NE and the Mid Atlantic have not built U13 WSYL teams, but I guess the interest isn't there. Because if it was, they would put teams in. I guess they would rather play grade based NLF tourneys or a Millon elite event. Can't say I blame them. A LI team winning the WSYL every year doesn't help grow the game imho.

Friend, I'm going to try to put this politely... you are obviously very new to this game and completely uninformed about club lacrosse on the east coast.

First, a question for you. A NATIONALLY televised game on ESPN, that literally goes into millions of homes, doesn't help grow the sport?? Did you know that, after the NCAA Final Four, the WSYL has the highest TV viewership of any lacrosse game or event? It does. I'm pretty sure that helps grow the sport.

Regarding your NE comment, there is only one team that is remotely competitive from that region, and that's Laxachusetts. The rest of the teams aren't, so that ends that conversation. They would NEVER qualify in the highly competitive North Region. And Laxachusetts isn't at all competitive without all of their many holdbacks.

Same goes for all of the cheater states, like MD. Without their holdbacks, most of these teams (the goods ones) only have about 4 - 5 on age players, hardly enough players to field a team. And, these clubs are not going to change their entire business model, that is making them big bucks, for one tournament. As tempting as that may be, the carrot is just not big enough, to change the well entrenched holdback culture that they have created.

The problem is with the grade based system and the teams (unscrupulous businesses!) taking full advantage of every possible loop hole to gain any unfair advantage that they can, to help them expand their businesses and make more $$$. Club lacrosse is broken, big time, and the clubs (ie greedy businesses) only have themselves to blame. On age kids in MD/VA/DC literally have almost no options to play on an elite level team, since those spots are occupied almost exclusively by holdbacks. It's a total epidemic in those area's.

While those top clubs are making big money off the system that they have orchestrated, it's at the expense of the boys that they claim that they are helping. On age players in those area's are forced to play on substandard programs, simply because they are not cheating holdbacks. None of them reach optimal development, or anywhere close, due to lack of opportunity. While there is an exception to every rule, there are very few exceptions to this rule in the mid-Atlantic. If you are not a hold back, you are pretty much screwed.

Welcome to the crooked business of club lacrosse. If you live on LI, you are one of the lucky ones, since holdbacks are rare, relative to these other states. Every player get's a legitimate shot at making an elite level program. Some teams have a few holdbacks, while some teams have none at all. Certainly no teams come anywhere close to the holdback states like MD where virtually entire teams are holdbacks. It's mostly because LI doesn't have a bunch of expensive blue-blood boarding schools, like MD, DC, MA and CT on LI, that are literally a breeding ground for hold backs. IN fact, they don't have any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friend, I'm going to try to put this politely... you are obviously very new to this game and completely uninformed about club lacrosse on the east coast.

First, a question for you. A NATIONALLY televised game on ESPN, that literally goes into millions of homes, doesn't help grow the sport?? Did you know that, after the NCAA Final Four, the WSYL has the highest TV viewership of any lacrosse game or event? It does. I'm pretty sure that helps grow the sport.

Regarding your NE comment, there is only one team that is remotely competitive from that region, and that's Laxachusetts. The rest of the teams aren't, so that ends that conversation. They would NEVER qualify in the highly competitive North Region. And Laxachusetts isn't at all competitive without all of their many holdbacks.

Same goes for all of the cheater states, like MD. Without their holdbacks, most of these teams (the goods ones) only have about 4 - 5 on age players, hardly enough players to field a team. And, these clubs are not going to change their entire business model, that is making them big bucks, for one tournament. As tempting as that may be, the carrot is just not big enough, to change the well entrenched holdback culture that they have created.

The problem is with the grade based system and the teams (unscrupulous businesses!) taking full advantage of every possible loop hole to gain any unfair advantage that they can, to help them expand their businesses and make more $$$. Club lacrosse is broken, big time, and the clubs (ie greedy businesses) only have themselves to blame. On age kids in MD/VA/DC literally have almost no options to play on an elite level team, since those spots are occupied almost exclusively by holdbacks. It's a total epidemic in those area's.

While those top clubs are making big money off the system that they have orchestrated, it's at the expense of the boys that they claim that they are helping. On age players in those area's are forced to play on substandard programs, simply because they are not cheating holdbacks. None of them reach optimal development, or anywhere close, due to lack of opportunity. While there is an exception to every rule, there are very few exceptions to this rule in the mid-Atlantic. If you are not a hold back, you are pretty much screwed.

Welcome to the crooked business of club lacrosse. If you live on LI, you are one of the lucky ones, since holdbacks are rare, relative to these other states. Every player get's a legitimate shot at making an elite level program. Some teams have a few holdbacks, while some teams have none at all. Certainly no teams come anywhere close to the holdback states like MD where virtually entire teams are holdbacks. It's mostly because LI doesn't have a bunch of expensive blue-blood boarding schools, like MD, DC, MA and CT on LI, that are literally a breeding ground for hold backs. IN fact, they don't have any.

Exhausting to think about the kind of effort and frustration it takes to write all this. Solid guess is you know as much about MD programs as I do LI programs. Drink a scotch. If that doesn’t work, seek help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Wolfpack ~ see you in Denver, fella's!

https://www.instagram.com/91lacrosse/p/BwGIN87BHiU/

Page 48 of 70 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard