BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52
Re: 2018-2019 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"My brothers friend knows a guy who has a friend who knows.... Please stop. The top players are in the drivers seat the large majority can choose the school they want"

Talk about reading comprehension issues,the poster said "I know" not I know of someone who knows. That said I personally know of multiple players who were ranked top 10 who have been told ,too small, too slow, we dont recruit defenders, not interested, etc. Do the top players have multiple options, yes, do the top schools have multiple options yes they do .Do both the top players and top schools get rejected at times ,yes they do.

Really? You know many girls ranked top 10 that were told "we don't recruit defenders". Please tell us all when the last time a defender was ranked in the top 10 on the Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Senior List. Pretty sure it was not 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014...

Cara Trombetta in '17 i think

Close.... ranked # 11 : )

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"My brothers friend knows a guy who has a friend who knows.... Please stop. The top players are in the drivers seat the large majority can choose the school they want"

Talk about reading comprehension issues,the poster said "I know" not I know of someone who knows. That said I personally know of multiple players who were ranked top 10 who have been told ,too small, too slow, we dont recruit defenders, not interested, etc. Do the top players have multiple options, yes, do the top schools have multiple options yes they do .Do both the top players and top schools get rejected at times ,yes they do.

Really? You know many girls ranked top 10 that were told "we don't recruit defenders". Please tell us all when the last time a defender was ranked in the top 10 on the Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Senior List. Pretty sure it was not 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014...

Can’t tell you the last time but can tell you I personally know a defender in one of those years that was ranked top 10 and was told we do not recruit defenders from a top 5 lax school . Your comment just shows your complete ignorance , first you have no clue about any defenders being ranked top 10 and next you show your complete lack of reading comprehension. No one said they know many girls that were told “we dont recruit defenders” you are just too ignorant to understand that.

It took less than two minutes to look it up... No defenders ranked in the Top 10 in any of the years listed above.

All the good defenders play middie in HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My brothers friend knows a guy who has a friend who knows.... Please stop. The top players are in the drivers seat the large majority can choose the school they want"

Cara Trombetta in '17 i think

Close.... ranked # 11 : )
But still a defender recruited to a top 10 school (at the time) so its not like it doesn't/can't happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan is the new kid on the block. It took longer than expected but I think they will be a perennial Top 20 Team going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan is the new kid on the block. It took longer than expected but I think they will be a perennial Top 20 Team going forward.

They are having a nice year so far...Hopkins is overrated this year like every year. Big name

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are having a nice year so far...Hopkins is overrated this year like every year. Big name

Who has Hopkins been rated over "every year"? Excellent school very good lacrosse program. They are one of the Top 20 Programs, they are competitive every year and have been for quite some time.

Michigan will cone to improve as a program and will be a Top 20 Program going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who has Hopkins been rated over "every year"? Excellent school very good lacrosse program. They are one of the Top 20 Programs, they are competitive every year and have been for quite some time.

Michigan will cone to improve as a program and will be a Top 20 Program going forward.

That whole perennial top 20 argument is a joke...there could be 15 teams ranked in the 15-20 range every year...they put Hopkins in because of the name...same alot of the time with uva,nd,gtown and duke...I'm talking about when they have a down year, still thrown in to top 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That whole perennial top 20 argument is a joke...there could be 15 teams ranked in the 15-20 range every year...they put Hopkins in because of the name...same alot of the time with uva,nd,gtown and duke...I'm talking about when they have a down year, still thrown in to top 20.

No, there couldn't. The talent does not run that deep. Some teams have a good year from time to time and then there are the same 15 or so programs that prove it on the field every year. Teams that play competitive schedules year in and year out and prove with their body of work that they are a Top Program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, there couldn't. The talent does not run that deep. Some teams have a good year from time to time and then there are the same 15 or so programs that prove it on the field every year. Teams that play competitive schedules year in and year out and prove with their body of work that they are a Top Program.

Yes there could, all about the name in girls lax, just except it...what was hopkins ranked after the high point loss? thinking top 20? c'mon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To prove the point further, those teams are getting the supposed top talent every year and still need their name to keep them in the top 20

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That whole perennial top 20 argument is a joke...there could be 15 teams ranked in the 15-20 range every year...they put Hopkins in because of the name...same alot of the time with uva,nd,gtown and duke...I'm talking about when they have a down year, still thrown in
to top 20.

I agree with you, look at 6-4 gtown this year, still getting top 20 hm votes...best win is against 1-7 towson team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes there could, all about the name in girls lax, just except it...what was hopkins ranked after the high point loss? thinking top 20? c'mon

Please name all of the powerhouse programs who should be considered a top 20 program? They are not because of their actual results and body of work, not because of an upset win here or there.

To those who want to look at a teams record as a benchmark to evaluate their ranking... A teams record is not an accurate indicator of a teams strength. A team with a 4 - 4 record with losses to Syracuse, BC, Maryland and Carolina might very well deserve a higher ranking than a team with a 7 - 1 record with wins against Siena, Boston University, Marist, Cornell, Fairfield, Villanova and Colgate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Think NOTRE DAME is going to win it all !!!!!! See their schedule this season

Wow ,it’s as if they are conceding that they are just not very good .That is truly an embarrassing min conference schedule . They will set team records this year on offensive stats and yet will win nothing. The problem for them will be when they go under 500 in conference they will not make the tournament .

Notre Dame looks pretty good to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting to get interesting. We all know that Boston College and Maryland are the teams to beat but who else has a chance? Who can make a run?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enjoy it
a few 8 meter goals today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Think NOTRE DAME is going to win it all !!!!!! See their schedule this season

Wow ,it’s as if they are conceding that they are just not very good .That is truly an embarrassing min conference schedule . They will set team records this year on offensive stats and yet will win nothing. The problem for them will be when they go under 500 in conference they will not make the tournament .

Notre Dame looks pretty good to me.

Notre Dame is legit. 2 top ten wins. Beat #3 UNC today. Unless the wheels fall off, they are in the NCAA Tournament. Ahead of Duke, and VA Tech.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me your "legitimate" Top 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches Poll takes strength into account. It's the only poll that matter until selection day. Then it's only wins against quality opponents that matter, along with conference champs. That's why teams like Northwestern, Michigan, UVA, ND, VATech, Denver, Colorado, USC, Syracuse, UNC, Loyola (or Navy), Princeton (or Penn), USC and Stanford will be considered this year. Challenging games against top 25 opponents and wins against some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Programs. Not teams that might be ranked in the top 20 from time to time but teams that finish the season ranked in the Top 20 just about every year for the past 5 - 7 years.

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Boston College
Penn State
Penn
Stony Brook
Princeton
Florida
Duke
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Loyola
Hopkins
James Madison

USC and Stanford getting there and Michigan will move into that group as well Navy has done extremely well also.

IMHO those are the Top Programs, they seem to be competitive every year and most years make the NCAA Tournament and finish the season ranked in the top 20 or just outside of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Programs. Not teams that might be ranked in the top 20 from time to time but teams that finish the season ranked in the Top 20 just about every year for the past 5 - 7 years.

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Boston College
Penn State
Penn
Stony Brook
Princeton
Florida
Duke
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Loyola
Hopkins
James Madison

USC and Stanford getting there and Michigan will move into that group as well Navy has done extremely well also.

IMHO those are the Top Programs, they seem to be competitive every year and most years make the NCAA Tournament and finish the season ranked in the top 20 or just outside of it.

Was looking for this year's top 20-25... does it differ from the perennial top teams the poster alluded to. Are the teams that are having a down year still on that list. Any surprises?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan is the surprise. Penn State is Down. Stony Brook is a bit off. Dartmouth looks pretty good.

The Top 20 at the end of the year will look much the same as it always does. JMU will be back to where they are most years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Boston College
Penn State
Penn
Stony Brook
Princeton
Florida
Duke
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Loyola
Hopkins
James Madison

Lets take Georgetown for example, last 5 years record...7-10, 6-11, 9-9, 12-7, 6-4 so far this year...don't care who they played every year. Usc and Stanford have a little bit of a solid track record, Michigan is having a very good year, but its one year so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Boston College
Penn State
Penn
Stony Brook
Princeton
Florida
Duke
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Loyola
Hopkins
James Madison

ND last 5yrs...11-9, 14-7, 11-8, 10-9, 9-1 so far...Hopkins...14-4, 11-8, 11-7, 10-9, 8-3 so far...every year top 20, all about the name.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Women's Division I Ranking 4-1-2019

Rank Institution Points FPV Record Last Poll
1 Boston College 625 25 12-0 1
2 Maryland 600 0 12-0 2
3 Syracuse 572 0 12-2 4
4 Northwestern 514 0 8-3 5
5 Notre Dame 513 0 10-1 9
6 North Carolina 502 0 9-3 3
7 Michigan 463 0 13-0 8
8 Virginia 456 0 9-4 7
9 Penn 441 0 8-2 6
10 James Madison 399 0 8-3 10
11 Loyola 367 0 8-3 11
12 Navy (USNA) 332 0 9-2 13
13 Duke 328 0 8-4 12
14 Southern California 299 0 12-1 16
15 Princeton 261 0 5-3 14
16 Denver 252 0 9-2 15
17 Florida 212 0 6-6 17
18 Stanford 190 0 8-4 20
19 Johns Hopkins 184 0 8-3 18
20 Stony Brook 153 0 5-4 19
21 Virginia Tech 122 0 8-5 21
22 Georgetown 98 0 7-4 22
23 Colorado 79 0 5-5 25
24 High Point 69 0 7-4 23
25 Dartmouth 50 0 6-3 NR

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Womens’s Division II Rankings 4-1-2019

1 Le Moyne 625 25 9-0 1
2 Rollins 560 0 10-0 5
3 Adelphi 537 0 8-1 2
4 Lindenwood (MO) 511 0 10-0 6
5 LIU Post 501 0 8-2 9
6 Tampa 472 0 8-2 10
7 West Chester 471 0 7-2 4
8 Florida Southern 469 0 9-2 3
9 East Stroudsburg 468 0 8-2 8
10 Regis (Colorado) 370 0 10-0 7
11 Limestone 338 0 11-1 11
T-12 Colorado Mesa 316 0 10-1 T-12
T-12 UIndy 316 0 9-1 T-12
14 Queens (North Carolina) 307 0 9-2 14
15 Mercy 239 0 8-2 17
16 Pace 220 0 4-5 15
17 Assumption 212 0 7-2 20
18 Merrimack 199 0 5-4 18
T-19 Bentley 183 0 6-1 19
T-19 New Haven 183 0 5-4 16
21 Saint Leo 132 0 12-0 22
22 Grand Valley State 120 0 8-3 21
23 Mount Olive 50 0 8-4 25
24 New York Tech 45 0 6-3 23
25 Mercyhurst 27 0 4-5 24
RV Stonehill 25 0 5-4 RV

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Division III Rankings 4-1-2019

1 Gettysburg 625 25 9-0 1
2 Washington and Lee 595 0 9-2 2
3 Middlebury 568 0 7-1 5
4 Salisbury 547 0 9-2 4
5 Mary Washington 512 0 9-2 3
6 Tufts 493 0 8-0 7
7 Franklin & Marshall 483 0 7-3 6
8 York (PA) 438 0 6-4 8
9 Wesleyan (CT) 415 0 8-1 12
10 Catholic 409 0 7-2 10
T-11 Amherst 360 0 6-2 13
T-11 Colby 360 0 6-2 11
13 Trinity (CT) 330 0 6-2 9
14 Bowdoin 287 0 4-4 18
15 TCNJ 264 0 4-4 14
16 St. John Fisher 254 0 8-1 16
17 SUNY Cortland 249 0 5-3 15
18 William Smith 216 0 8-2 17
19 Ithaca 175 0 6-3 19
20 University of Scranton 149 0 9-1 20
21 Bates 118 0 7-3 21
22 Colorado College 98 0 11-0 22
23 Haverford 85 0 6-3 23
24 Hamilton 34 0 4-4 NR
25 Washington College 17 0 7-2 NR
RV Denison 5-3 NR
RV Meredithn10-3 NR
RV Skidmore 6-3 24
RV St. Mary's (MD) 7-5 25

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A note on Divison III. The NESCAC has 9 of 11 teams in the top 25. Academically great schools and very competitive lacrosse. Worth a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND last 5yrs...11-9, 14-7, 11-8, 10-9, 9-1 so far...Hopkins...14-4, 11-8, 11-7, 10-9, 8-3 so far...every year top 20, all about the name.[/quote]

Due to the fact that there is very little parity outside of the Top 20 or so programs a teams record is not a very good indicator of how competitive a team is. The majority of teams that play Eight or more tough (perennial top 20 teams) are going to lose some games.

Which are the programs that are over looked every year because of they do not have a big name?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND last 5yrs...11-9, 14-7, 11-8, 10-9, 9-1 so far...Hopkins...14-4, 11-8, 11-7, 10-9, 8-3 so far...every year top 20, all about the name.

Due to the fact that there is very little parity outside of the Top 20 or so programs a teams record is not a very good indicator of how competitive a team is. The majority of teams that play Eight or more tough (perennial top 20 teams) are going to lose some games.

Which are the programs that are over looked every year because of they do not have a big name? [/quote]

Towson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which are the programs that are over looked every year because of they do not have a big name? [/quote]

Some games? 7,8,9,10 games? Thats alittle more than some...you can't not win one of your tough games and be considered a top 20 team that year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which are the programs that are over looked every year because of they do not have a big name?

Some games? 7,8,9,10 games? Thats alittle more than some...you can't not win one of your tough games and be considered a top 20 team that year...[/quote]

Some games? 7,8,9,10 games? Thats alittle more than some...you can't not win one of your tough games and be considered a top 20 team that year...[/quote]

But if a team only plays 2 - 4 games vs Top teams and loses all of them they should be ranked because they rack up wins vs weak teams? Which teams get overlooked?

Florida is 6 - 6 I guess they are not a Top 20 team. Take a look at Stony Brook at 4 - 4 with all four losses to Top 20 teams. Then take a look at what they did to the 4 non top 20 teams.

Which are the programs that get overlooked because they do not have "the name"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some games? 7,8,9,10 games? Thats alittle more than some...you can't not win one of your tough games and be considered a top 20 team that year...

But if a team only plays 2 - 4 games vs Top teams and loses all of them they should be ranked because they rack up wins vs weak teams? Which teams get overlooked?

Florida is 6 - 6 I guess they are not a Top 20 team. Take a look at Stony Brook at 4 - 4 with all four losses to Top 20 teams. Then take a look at what they did to the 4 non top 20 teams.

Which are the programs that get overlooked because they do not have "the name"?[/quote]

Stony Brook beat Colorado ( #14 at game time) and Towson (#13 at game time). They lost the rest of their games vs ranked opponents. They still have Hopkins and USC on their slate as far as ranked opponents. Plus, they should win their conference.

Florida beat High Point (#24) and Stony Brook (#20). They lost the remaining games against top teams and have no other top teams on their schedule. They also will win their conference.

Whether or not they deserve to be ranked in the top 25 is up to the people who vote. They will make the tournament because they will win their conferences. If they lose, their fate will rest in opinions of others.

Strength of schedules only matter if a team wins some of those games. Otherwise your record is what it says it is.... (see Towson or Duke...). ND now has two huge wins on their resume. They are off the snide!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC 12-1 ranked #12...doesnt seem like a tough year at all...I would bet the 104 teams behind them would take it in a heartbeat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC 12-1 ranked #12...doesnt seem like a tough year at all...I would bet the 104 teams behind them would take it in a heartbeat.

Beat down coming. No match for Apuzzo and co

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about ? They already lost to BC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played already Clown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
watched yesterdays BC Vs ND game, definitely not a fan of ND, but they might have the best defense/goalie combo in women's lacrosse. Great game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland says hello

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Islip HS retiring Kylie Ohlmiller's # 17 before Islip's game. Celebration starts at 3:45pm. Congrats KO17!!

I did not know High Schools retired numbers.

Did she win the tewaartin?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like hofstra is 5-13 in CAA the last three years, really not much to hang your hat on

Hofstra is better this year than in the past three. Good luck in conference play ladies!

And Towsen and JMU are down. might be interesting. To bad Hofstra and Stonybrook don't play anymore. Seems like Spalina only wants to play them when he knows he can beat them badly. chicken-lina

That would be false because SB had its best team last year and didn't play them SB was pretty pretty good last year. Last time they played was two years ago. Was there with my daughter and it was 16-0 at halftime we left early as did most. Pretty sure no one is scared of Hofstra. Funny thing is my daughter was considering Hofstra but chose a different CAA school based on how bad they were that year

Did you just say "Funny thing is my daughter was considering Hofstra but chose a different CAA school based on how bad they were that year"? Yes, that is a funny thing.

Funny how? Funny like I amuse you? Funny like a clown?[/quote]

Why are girls quitting at Hofstra? 7 girls left there this year. Is it that bad there ?

Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard