BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some decent games this week:

Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA
Diamondbacks vs. Madlax Capital

Obviously, Hawks vs. FCA is the game between the only unbeaten teams. Personally, I think Bethesda vs. Looneys is more interesting. Not sure who the favorite is there. Both teams seem streaky.

Looneys
Hawks
Madlax

You can take that to the bank!

No way Looneys beats Bethesda.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

Obviously, Hawks vs. FCA is the game between the only unbeaten teams. Personally, I think Bethesda vs. Looneys is more interesting. Not sure who the favorite is there. Both teams seem streaky.

My predictions.....
Crabs 3 - Team 91 6
Bethesda 8 - Looneys 5
Hawks 14 - FCA 2
Diamondbacks 6 - madlax 8

Team 91 - 7 Crabs - 2
BLC 9 Looney's - 4
Hawks - 6 FCA 4
Madlax 7 Diamondbacks 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team91 - 8 Crabs - 3
BLC -7 Looneys - 3
Hawks -9 FCA - 2
Madlax - 8 Diamondbacks - 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
team 91 (5 ) Crabs (2)
Looneys (7) Bethesda (6)
Hawks (8) FCA (6)
API (9) Madlax (7)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 (18) crabs 0
Bethesda 9 Looney’s 4
Hawks’s 8 FCA 4
Madlax 9 API 4

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 (18) crabs 0
Bethesda 9 Looney’s 4
Hawks’s 8 FCA 4
Madlax 9 API 4

Ditto on the Crabs score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

Looneys
Hawks
Madlax

Bethesda only beat a AAA team by 1 and they started off the game up 4-0 and ended up winning 5-4. AAA teams are a bunch of donks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

No way Looneys beats Bethesda.[/quote]

Bethesda only beat a AAA team by 1 and they started off the game up 4-0 and ended up winning 5-4. AAA teams are a bunch of donks.[/quote]

I appreciate the commitment to the trolling. It's falling flat but remains a nice effort.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bethesda only beat a AAA team by 1 and they started off the game up 4-0 and ended up winning 5-4. AAA teams are a bunch of donks.[/quote]

I appreciate the commitment to the trolling. It's falling flat but remains a nice effort.[/quote]

So facts are trolling. I bet you are fun at party's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I appreciate the commitment to the trolling. It's falling flat but remains a nice effort.[/quote]

What was said is pure fact. But I hope you are feeling better now.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

Looneys
Hawks
Madlax

Bethesda only beat a AAA team by 1 and they started off the game up 4-0 and ended up winning 5-4. AAA teams are a bunch of donks.

AYLC, Rough Riders, VLC, and NL could compete with anyone in Elite. They should all be in Elite. Hopefully, this summer they all get a shot to play one an another!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

Looneys
Hawks
Madlax

AYLC, Rough Riders, VLC, and NL could compete with anyone in Elite. They should all be in Elite. Hopefully, this summer they all get a shot to play one an another!

Only AYLC can play with these Elite Teams - they have proven that last year and should be playing Elite. Rough Riders, VLC and NL dont play ELite in any other age bracket so what makes you think they can play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

91 8-3
Looneys 7-5
Hawks 10-2
Madlax 7-4
AYLC wins double digits again and every kid gets to play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we talk hot mom's? Any Saltwater fans around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roughriders over PLC ( AYLC ) 8-5 ....remember that AYLC dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

91 8-3
Looneys 7-5
Hawks 10-2
Madlax 7-4

That's cute that all the kids get to play. Is that their version of everyone gets a trophy even if they don't win. Call me when you are in the elite division. To quote the great Lavar Ball "Stay in your lane"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roughriders over PLC ( AYLC ) 8-5 ....remember that AYLC dad.

I can assure you the comment about AYLC only being able to be in elite is not coming from a AAA parent. I agree that all 4 teams mentioned should be in elite.
That being said...bring it on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

91 8-3
Looneys 7-5
Hawks 10-2
Madlax 7-4

That's cute that all the kids get to play. Is that their version of everyone gets a trophy even if they don't win. Call me when you are in the elite division. To quote the great Lavar Ball "Stay in your lane"

Lol, not it means they are not struggling to get wins over crabs like the teams in elite.
Also, feel free to contact AYLC anytime and setup a scrimmage. As Lavar Ball would say “put your money where your mouth is”
www.youthlax.org

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

91 8-3
Looneys 7-5
Hawks 10-2
Madlax 7-4

Lol, not it means they are not struggling to get wins over crabs like the teams in elite.
Also, feel free to contact AYLC anytime and setup a scrimmage. As Lavar Ball would say “put your money where your mouth is”
www.youthlax.org

What is funny is that you're taking 5th grade lacrosse so seriously!! How about relax and enjoy the ride before your son quits because your pushing him so hard at 10/11. #parenting101

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

Looneys
Hawks
Madlax

Only AYLC can play with these Elite Teams - they have proven that last year and should be playing Elite. Rough Riders, VLC and NL dont play ELite in any other age bracket so what makes you think they can play.

NL and RR do play Elite in other age brackets (NL23 and RR22) VLC is owned by Crabs and I think each club is only allowed one program in Elite (not officially but will usually be that way) but what a club does at one age has nothing to do with another age group. 91 is strong at 24,22 and yes 26 but weak at 23. Why would one age group mean anything about another?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

91 8-3
Looneys 7-5
Hawks 10-2
Madlax 7-4

www.youthlax.org

What is funny is that you're taking 5th grade lacrosse so seriously!! How about relax and enjoy the ride before your son quits because your pushing him so hard at 10/11. #parenting101

Yet you are here on a po dunk lax blog replying to people. Take your clown show somewhere else lady

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

91 8-3
Looneys 7-5
Hawks 10-2
Madlax 7-4

www.youthlax.org

You must still push your kid on the swing set. Take the training wheels off and let me know how it goes!

Seriously tho, if encouraging competition is grounds for pushing our kids too hard, then we are in a lot of trouble in the future.

I’m sorry if your kid is on crabs and you paid all the money to go 0-7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs vs. Team 91
Bethesda vs. Looney's
Hawks vs. FCA

91 8-3
Looneys 7-5
Hawks 10-2
Madlax 7-4

That's cute that all the kids get to play. Is that their version of everyone gets a trophy even if they don't win. Call me when you are in the elite division. To quote the great Lavar Ball "Stay in your lane

www.youthlax.org

Yet you are here on a po dunk lax blog replying to people. Take your clown show somewhere else lady

Easy Ladies ! This is where we discuss the drama of our 5th graders and lacrosse at the highest level. !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't know much about W's, but short shorts and boobies they have cornered the market on.

Oh, and they know about running their mouth to kids from opposing teams and then getting curb stomped shortly thereafter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question from someone not from Maryland - do Hawks, peninsula, AYLC, Diamondbacks all recruit kids in the same Annapolis area? How do families choose which team to tryout for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question from someone not from Maryland - do Hawks, peninsula, AYLC, Diamondbacks all recruit kids in the same Annapolis area? How do families choose which team to tryout for?

Hogan, who runs the Hawks, is aware of the drawl the organization has...so he hosts tryouts 2-3 weeks ahead of anyone else, and makes his picks.
The other organizations will have tryouts on different days so everyone can tryout.
Except this year PLC and AYLC were host simultaneously, I think it was a last ditch effort for PLC to retain some players after AYLC opened.
I’m not sure the state of mind for all families when making a choice.
Hawks advertises “We win championships”, and they generally back it up, so that’s a major pull.
PLC commissioners are both well know in the area, so that helps get numbers.
AYLC is new to club, but have been around for 25 plus years, so they have a serious following and a good reputation. For this age group people followed the coach from PLC to AYLC after the split. Sweeping the summer helped bring a lot of kids to tryouts too.
I don’t know too much about Diamondbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chris Wilkins/Eli WIlkins - AYLC

What we did was take our son to tryouts for multiple teams as well as knowing some others he would not have needed to have tried out for and explained to everyone that a decision would not be made until after all tryouts were completed. Fortunately, all the teams were understanding and did not try to pressure us too hard. At the end of the day when we had all the invites, we sat our son down and explained his options and 100% left the decision up to to him. We gave him a day to think it over and get back to us with a decision. That is how our family did it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What we did was take our son to tryouts for multiple teams as well as knowing some others he would not have needed to have tried out for and explained to everyone that a decision would not be made until after all tryouts were completed. Fortunately, all the teams were understanding and did not try to pressure us too hard. At the end of the day when we had all the invites, we sat our son down and explained his options and 100% left the decision up to to him. We gave him a day to think it over and get back to us with a decision. That is how our family did it.

Completely Backwards, Try out for all teams, see offers, Look at coaches and resumes, see what level they play in HOCO and tournaments, If below elite level, ignore that Club, pick one that gets your son the most playing time and advancement to be a D1 player, Look at Website , Do they have former D1 players, Tell your son that is the one he is playing for, this isnt a Democracy as he isnt the one forking out the money, ,,,, If not satisfied with your sons team during season ,shop him around and put him on a better club match. Your son will appreciate this as he scores against Duke in the Final Four !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't know much about W's, but short shorts and boobies they have cornered the market on.

Oh, and they know about running their mouth to kids from opposing teams and then getting curb stomped shortly thereafter.

Haha, my son's old team was playing against them a few years ago. First time I had seen them and their baby blue Yeti collection. They jumped to a 3 goal lead early from 3 goals from their giant attackman and the parents were all into the game. Then we went on the beat them by a bunch and the moms were saying "Dont worry boys, you have more than this going for you" and other nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hogan, who runs the Hawks, is aware of the drawl the organization has...so he hosts tryouts 2-3 weeks ahead of anyone else, and makes his picks.
The other organizations will have tryouts on different days so everyone can tryout.
Except this year PLC and AYLC were host simultaneously, I think it was a last ditch effort for PLC to retain some players after AYLC opened.
Hawks advertises “We win championships”, and they generally back it up, so that’s a major pull.
AYLC is new to club, but have been around for 25 plus years, so they have a serious following and a good reputation. For this age group people followed the coach from PLC to AYLC after the split. Sweeping the summer helped bring a lot of kids to tryouts too.

Hawks has been around along time. Hawks has tryouts and then everyone else follows behind. The Orgs that have been around the longest typically are early. The top orgs will draw 100+ kids to a tryout for an age group. My son tried out for several teams and the numbers werent there for those clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely Backwards, Try out for all teams, see offers, Look at coaches and resumes, see what level they play in HOCO and tournaments, If below elite level, ignore that Club, pick one that gets your son the most playing time and advancement to be a D1 player, Look at Website , Do they have former D1 players, Tell your son that is the one he is playing for, this isnt a Democracy as he isnt the one forking out the money, ,,,, If not satisfied with your sons team during season ,shop him around and put him on a better club match. Your son will appreciate this as he scores against Duke in the Final Four !

I lol’d
All this shopping around is what is killing club. Keep the core of a team together and these boys will ball out!
How about your kids get better to earn his time on the field. You can’t just throw money at a new org and expect the boys to play.
A top level goalie for this age group has been on a different team every year. He’s not getting any better when he doesn’t know the tendency and habits of his defense.
All the talent but no core group of kids will get you in the same position as the Crabs: 0-7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, my son's old team was playing against them a few years ago. First time I had seen them and their baby blue Yeti collection. They jumped to a 3 goal lead early from 3 goals from their giant attackman and the parents were all into the game. Then we went on the beat them by a bunch and the moms were saying "Dont worry boys, you have more than this going for you" and other nonsense.

PLC was in a tournament where we had to play both SWL 2026 teams. We beat the first team 15-0, and the mothers, in the blue and grey camo leggings, all started saying "wait until you play our A team!"
We then beat the A team 11-1. We shut the big kid down just running an ISO dpole on him.
The mom's then talked nasty to our boys, which turned into an ugly confrontation on the parking lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks has been around along time. Hawks has tryouts and then everyone else follows behind. The Orgs that have been around the longest typically are early. The top orgs will draw 100+ kids to a tryout for an age group. My son tried out for several teams and the numbers werent there for those clubs

Agreed.
We went to Hawks, Crabs, and AYLC tryouts.
Hawks had about 85-90 kids...for maybe 6-8 open spots
AYLC had about 65 kids...for maybe 5-6 open spots
Crabs had about 30 kids...for a full team. However, HC Jim did tell us that he already had his team from the Wednesday tryout, and those 13 kids did not need to participate in the Saturday/Sunday tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.
Crabs had about 30 kids...for a full team. However, HC Jim did tell us that he already had his team from the Wednesday tryout, and those 13 kids did not need to participate in the Saturday/Sunday tryouts.

So why have tryouts if there are only 6 spots. Are the other 14 kids that good? Seems like a money grab at $25-30 a pop. Save yourself some money because these kids are not Paul Rabil, Scotty Rodgers or Tucker Durkin

Ive got AYLC by 12 goals on Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what you have seen so far, FSNywhich team is the best in each phase of the game?

My thoughts:

Attack-T91
Midfield-Bethesda
Defense-Hawks

Any thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

So why have tryouts if there are only 6 spots. Are the other 14 kids that good? Seems like a money grab at $25-30 a pop. Save yourself some money because these kids are not Paul Rabil, Scotty Rodgers or Tucker Durkin

I doubt Hawks have 5-6 roster spots available for any age group. Maybe they tell people that or they told the goalie father that since they might replace a goalie but that seems really high for the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

If the kids sign up, they might make the team. But they gotta earn it.
Yes, it is absolutely a cash grab. It’s a major way the clubs make money.
It’s also the cheapest way to get skill session.
People pay $60 an hour for training, but get 2/3 days of training for $40 with tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often do the top organizations cut a returning player at tryouts? Is that common or once they are in middle school the only additions needed are when players jump ship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

I doubt Hawks have 5-6 roster spots available for any age group. Maybe they tell people that or they told the goalie father that since they might replace a goalie but that seems really high for the Hawks.

5-6 is average turnover
Last summer was a tough one. HC lost his cool on a few kids, he didn’t play others, his goalie left, and had some opportunities with good talent from other teams that beat him. That turned into 6 new guys this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often do the top organizations cut a returning player at tryouts? Is that common or once they are in middle school the only additions needed are when players jump ship?

Depends on the ego of the coach, and the relationship of the parents. I’ve seen good players whose parents have unknowingly emailed their children off the team with complaints

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard