BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 70 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Prime Time loses to Schwale by one, then beats OReily by one. What does that mean? All three teams are bad??

For the westchester peeps. PT is decent but everything g revolves around a rolling Stone on Bear mountain. Not much at mid or defense. Didn’t see the 3rd goalie play.

The Chosen One and The Bear!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time loses to Schwale by one, then beats OReily by one. What does that mean? All three teams are bad??

For the westchester peeps. PT is decent but everything g revolves around a rolling Stone on Bear mountain. Not much at mid or defense. Didn’t see the 3rd goalie play.

The Chosen One and The Bear!

Hopefully the Bear comes out of hibernation before the qualifier!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is TP “decent”. They beat a B team by ONE goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a play day. Everyone playing full bench. Also pouring rain. Conditions not great. It wasn’t as close as the score indicates. Same goes for the game against CoachS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone aware of the documentation needed for this weekend's WSYL qualifier? Given that all players had to submit multiple pieces of information, I am assuming that there is some sort of validation process. Any insight would be great, to prevent 400 screaming moms doing 100 on the SSP Saturday AM. You'd be doing the Nassau and Suffolk cops a favor. Thanks in advance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone aware of the documentation needed for this weekend's WSYL qualifier? Given that all players had to submit multiple pieces of information, I am assuming that there is some sort of validation process. Any insight would be great, to prevent 400 screaming moms doing 100 on the SSP Saturday AM. You'd be doing the Nassau and Suffolk cops a favor. Thanks in advance.

The WSYL sent out an e-mail today to all of the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a play day. Everyone playing full bench. Also pouring rain. Conditions not great. It wasn’t as close as the score indicates. Same goes for the game against CoachS.

That doesn't make any sense. It's a one goal game, not a four or six goal differential. A one goal game is a very close game, no matter if it was raining, snowing or the sun was shining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know that every coach played the entire bench, in one goal games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I registered online it required copy of child's birth certificate, report card, and parent driver license

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Valid credit card

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh nice!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I registered online it required copy of child's birth certificate, report card, and parent driver license

If you did not submit documents needed you would have received an email telling you your child is going to be declared ineligible unless you submit whatever they did not have or did not except. Documents will not be accepted at the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you did not submit documents needed you would have received an email telling you your child is going to be declared ineligible unless you submit whatever they did not have or did not except. Documents will not be accepted at the tournament.

Yep. Thank you. I was wondering how they go about checking that. So, do you need to bring those documents to match? It seems some validation has to be in place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because unlike you I was there and both express teams parents know each other and actually talk to each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because unlike you I was there and both express teams parents know each other and actually talk to each other.
so what you are saying is Prime T is so bad that you beat Even with the kids that will never play from the bench. Great team spirit!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG your big day is almost here; you have been grooming little Johnny for 12 years for this moment. Can you even sleep the next three nights. You must be so excited. Everything you have worked for come true this weekend!!!! Are you creaming yourself at nughtvwven thinking about QUALIFYING?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG your big day is almost here; you have been grooming little Johnny for 12 years for this moment. Can you even sleep the next three nights. You must be so excited. Everything you have worked for come true this weekend!!!! Are you creaming yourself at nughtvwven thinking about QUALIFYING?

Being they will end up take almost every team, its rather anti climatic.Taking maybe 8-10 teams is an absolute joke. This event is showing its true money grab colors!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being they will end up take almost every team, its rather anti climatic.Taking maybe 8-10 teams is an absolute joke. This event is showing its true money grab colors!!!

How many went from the east 5 in total?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

are you saying. they will take more than 6 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is no discussion, anyone seeing different is delusional:
1-WP
2-Taz
3-Express A
4- Eclipse
5- Prime Time
6- Igloo A

If any of these teams don't qualify its a huge disappointment. If they make it 8 teams going from 16 in the north, well that makes it less of an accomplishment and a total watered down money grab. WP and Taz will be in finals, anyone thinking different call me I have a tree to sell you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The email says "at least 6 teams"
If they plan on 24 teams they need to start filling the holes from the regions that aren't sending enough teams.
What better place to look than Long Island to find parents willing to spend all that cash to get their kids a t shirt from the event knowing they don't stand a chance to make final 4 if they couldn't make the final 8 in their regional qualifier!!!LOL
The everyone is a winner attitude is ruining kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with top 5, but think Express North over Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

are you saying. they will take more than 6 teams?

Don't worry True Blue dad, you''l be able to not beat a single A team and still get a chance to go....LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 91 vs brotherly love in the final - bank on that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 91 vs brotherly love in the final - bank on that [/quot[quote=Anonymous]I think 91 vs brotherly love in the final - bank on that

Don't discount the west and midwest teams that you do not see very day, last year Team Colorado, True and Evolve (I know, Canada) were very strong, Mad Dog West has a very good 2024 team this year and they lost to Denver Elite in the qualifier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-WP
2-Taz
3-Express A
4- Eclipse
5- Prime Time
6- Igloo A

If any of these teams don't qualify its a huge disappointment. If they make it 8 teams going from 16 in the north, well that makes it less of an accomplishment and a total watered down money grab. WP and Taz will be in finals, anyone thinking different call me I have a tree to sell you

Makes perfect sense. WP and Taz are the indisputable top two teams in non-holdback 2024 teams. Nothing new there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of them run the table on all of the holdback teams, too. Time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 91 vs brotherly love in the final - bank on that [/quot[quote=Anonymous]I think 91 vs brotherly love in the final - bank on that

Don't discount the west and midwest teams that you do not see very day, last year Team Colorado, True and Evolve (I know, Canada) were very strong, Mad Dog West has a very good 2024 team this year and they lost to Denver Elite in the qualifier.

Last year they were strong??? That is the 2023 teams, At 2024 level most of those teams mentioned traveled east at least once last year and got smacked up.
The Canada team tried to play all their age groups 1 year down and still go beat up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year they were strong??? That is the 2023 teams, At 2024 level most of those teams mentioned traveled east at least once last year and got smacked up.
The Canada team tried to play all their age groups 1 year down and still go beat up.

I realize that this is 2023 v. 2024, and that the same clubs may not be in the discussion, but the point is that you don't really have a good feel for it until you see the actual teams play in Denver. Just because a club traveled east to play a few times, you have no idea if that is the same roster that will show up at WSYL. While I agree that 91 and BL will do very well, it will not be an easy road. Express and 91 had to earn their spots in the finals last year, the playoff games were not cake walks. There were plenty of nervous 91 and Express parents during pool play as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I realize that this is 2023 v. 2024, and that the same clubs may not be in the discussion, but the point is that you don't really have a good feel for it until you see the actual teams play in Denver. Just because a club traveled east to play a few times, you have no idea if that is the same roster that will show up at WSYL. While I agree that 91 and BL will do very well, it will not be an easy road. Express and 91 had to earn their spots in the finals last year, the playoff games were not cake walks. There were plenty of nervous 91 and Express parents during pool play as well.

The Bandits were 8-0 in the tournament, outscoring opponents 96-39.
Express was 7-1...................................outscored opponents 98-36 only loss to 91Bandits.

sounds like there were some nailbiters in there for sure
8-10 were east coast teams and the final 3 of 4,,,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-WP
2-Taz
3-Express A
4- Eclipse
5- Prime Time
6- Igloo A

Express can’t beat anyone without their new 16 year old attackman. CoachS exposes again this weekend. They will do better at NLF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-WP
2-Taz
3-Express A
4- Eclipse
5- Prime Time
6- Igloo A

Express can’t beat anyone without their new 16 year old attackman. CoachS exposes again this weekend. They will do better at NLF

What about all the 2023’s they brought in for their WSYL team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-WP
2-Taz
3-Express A
4- Eclipse
5- Prime Time
6- Igloo A

I like Eclipse (not an Eclipse dad). I think Eclipse Vs WP final. Faceoffs win the day for WP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-WP
2-Taz
3-Express A
4- Eclipse
5- Prime Time
6- Igloo A

What about all the 2023’s they brought in for their WSYL team?

That should help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go everyone! Yeah baby!!! Cant wait! I have my cooler of red bulls ready to go. This is the biggest wknd of little billys life! He has been practicing with the top club team for multiple years, hasnt played any other sports, scarificed his childhood, and we as his proud parents have spent endless money and countless hours over these long grueling last 5 yrs starting in 2nd grade to have him be on the biggest stage of his life — “The World Series of Lacrosse North Qualifier”. I have already scouted out where my portable chair will be at Cantiague Park and i have taken advantage of the early bird soecial from the team web store where I bought some fresh new team logo gear for myself and wife. You know extra snug to show off the biceps!

Billy Sr.

“lost”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go everyone! Yeah baby!!! Cant wait! I have my cooler of red bulls ready to go. This is the biggest wknd of little billys life! He has been practicing with the top club team for multiple years, hasnt played any other sports, scarificed his childhood, and we as his proud parents have spent endless money and countless hours over these long grueling last 5 yrs starting in 2nd grade to have him be on the biggest stage of his life — “The World Series of Lacrosse North Qualifier”. I have already scouted out where my portable chair will be at Cantiague Park and i have taken advantage of the early bird soecial from the team web store where I bought some fresh new team logo gear for myself and wife. You know extra snug to show off the biceps!

Billy Sr.

“lost”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express was 7-1...................................outscored opponents 98-36 only loss to 91Bandits.

Well, considering that I was there and watched many of the games, I feel somewhat qualified to offer an opinion on the subject...yes, there were a few blowouts that padded to goal totals, but don't be fooled by the numbers...One of the big advantages for 91 and Express was their ability to make adjustments at halftime and come out with a different game plan if they were in tight games during the first half, that is the benefit of having played and practiced together for so long. Your would be surprised how close some of those games were in the first half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, considering that I was there and watched many of the games, I feel somewhat qualified to offer an opinion on the subject...yes, there were a few blowouts that padded to goal totals, but don't be fooled by the numbers...One of the big advantages for 91 and Express was their ability to make adjustments at halftime and come out with a different game plan if they were in tight games during the first half, that is the benefit of having played and practiced together for so long. Your would be surprised how close some of those games were in the first half.

I'm sure!!At the half...and every one was tied at the start..too bad they play whole games or some things may have turned out differently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd be happy to eat my words, but it is un-fathomable that any team outside of the North region would win in an on-age national tournament.
The level of coaching, commitment and playing opportunities is unparalleled, especially in LI. I won't discount Canada, but the other regions just don't have what we have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

I realize that this is 2023 v. 2024, and that the same clubs may not be in the discussion, but the point is that you don't really have a good feel for it until you see the actual teams play in Denver. Just because a club traveled east to play a few times, you have no idea if that is the same roster that will show up at WSYL. While I agree that 91 and BL will do very well, it will not be an easy road. Express and 91 had to earn their spots in the finals last year, the playoff games were not cake walks. There were plenty of nervous 91 and Express parents during pool play as well.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, considering that I was there and watched many of the games, I feel somewhat qualified to offer an opinion on the subject...yes, there were a few blowouts that padded to goal totals, but don't be fooled by the numbers...One of the big advantages for 91 and Express was their ability to make adjustments at halftime and come out with a different game plan if they were in tight games during the first half, that is the benefit of having played and practiced together for so long. Your would be surprised how close some of those games were in the first half. [/quote]
I'm sure!!At the half...and every one was tied at the start..too bad they play whole games or some things may have turned out differently.[/quote]

Where you there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd be happy to eat my words, but it is un-fathomable that any team outside of the North region would win in an on-age national tournament.
The level of coaching, commitment and playing opportunities is unparalleled, especially in LI. I won't discount Canada, but the other regions just don't have what we have.

You are probably right, but I think that there is a knee-donk reaction to simply write-off teams that you do not see every day....either way, enjoy it while you can, nothing but holdbacks and reclasses in your future.

Page 47 of 70 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard