BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 37 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to MarkMillon for calling a kid on his team "trash" after the game today.

I'm SHOCKED. Shocked, I tell you.

I guess MM is adding to his quotes for players..... Break His arms , Give it to the 9th grader, etc... and now....Trash !

Well that is much better than calling a 7th grader who was coming back from a broken leg a F#$%N P@#$Y in front of his teammates simply because he was running midfield with a slight gimp the first week he was released to play. Good coaches single out players and always blame the losses, or even substandard wins on a player right? It could not possibly be because of Millon's coaching? After all, he is the "GOAT". Calling a kid trash is actually real progress for Millon. That guy is THE worst youth coach without question. He acts like he loves your kid and family and then he just mentally destroys them behind the scenes. Watching ignorant lacrosse parents fall for it is absolutely mind boggling. You are better off handing your kid over to a human trafficker because they wont charge you. His behavior on the sidelines during games is just a peak at what your kid gets ALL season long. Even the adult assistant coaches who coach with him can only take so much and eventually get away from him. If you want your kid to hate lacrosse by high school, let them play for a team MM coaches. Don't fall for the sales, "Im the greatest", "this is the best program" B.S. That guy is EVERYTHING wrong with youth club lacrosse! He is a win at all cost coach. If he has to destroy your kid because he perceives that it will make him look like a good coach, your kid will be his "trash"!

Win at all cost coach? 2023 has now not won a game in 2 full season +1 game. There is a good chance they will complete season 3 without a win. The team had a chance to move down a level where they could compete although not a given they would win the next level down they would at least win some games. It has to be difficult to endure that abuse and loose all the games at the same time. I think what keeps parents paying is the need to be in the elite division. I understand every d1 coach always asks every recruit if they played in the elite division in 8th grade.

That all may be true or not...But this years MM 2023 has best attack in HOCO elite division, bar none ! Deal with it !

Are these Texas kids or something because they weren't at the game last weekend?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That all may be true or not...But this years MM 2023 has best attack in HOCO elite division, bar none ! Deal with it !

[/quote]

Are these Texas kids or something because they weren't at the game last weekend?[/quote]

Shutdown by a weak FCA defense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to MarkMillon for calling a kid on his team "trash" after the game today.

I guess MM is adding to his quotes for players..... Break His arms , Give it to the 9th grader, etc... and now....Trash !

Well that is much better than calling a 7th grader who was coming back from a broken leg a F#$%N P@#$Y in front of his teammates simply because he was running midfield with a slight gimp the first week he was released to play. Good coaches single out players and always blame the losses, or even substandard wins on a player right? It could not possibly be because of Millon's coaching? After all, he is the "GOAT". Calling a kid trash is actually real progress for Millon. That guy is THE worst youth coach without question. He acts like he loves your kid and family and then he just mentally destroys them behind the scenes. Watching ignorant lacrosse parents fall for it is absolutely mind boggling. You are better off handing your kid over to a human trafficker because they wont charge you. His behavior on the sidelines during games is just a peak at what your kid gets ALL season long. Even the adult assistant coaches who coach with him can only take so much and eventually get away from him. If you want your kid to hate lacrosse by high school, let them play for a team MM coaches. Don't fall for the sales, "Im the greatest", "this is the best program" B.S. That guy is EVERYTHING wrong with youth club lacrosse! He is a win at all cost coach. If he has to destroy your kid because he perceives that it will make him look like a good coach, your kid will be his "trash"!

Win at all cost coach? 2023 has now not won a game in 2 full season +1 game. There is a good chance they will complete season 3 without a win. The team had a chance to move down a level where they could compete although not a given they would win the next level down they would at least win some games. It has to be difficult to endure that abuse and loose all the games at the same time. I think what keeps parents paying is the need to be in the elite division. I understand every d1 coach always asks every recruit if they played in the elite division in 8th grade.

I guess if you raise your attackman as a 2022 until 8th grade, then drop them to 2023 it improves your attack slightly. In this case, it probably just improved several 2023 goalies save percentages just by standing still!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

I guess if you raise your attackman as a 2022 until 8th grade, then drop them to 2023 it improves your attack slightly. In this case, it probably just improved several 2023 goalies save percentages just by standing still! [/quote]

by all accounts terrific kid. jump on millon all u want as a for profit club operator. but adults shouldn't be discussing kids in a negative way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you haven’t seen the Hawks attack yet??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last one out of Team 91 2023 please shut the lights off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM posts stuff on his twiiter site about other kids hits. Posted one about a 10 year old a few years ago. It goes both ways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you profit from operating a club, camps, clinics saying your products and service will take players to the next level but hold your kid back in 8th grade that should be highlighted to expose the hypocrisy. And this forum should allow it. The parents and kids holding back know exactly what they are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's obviously a reverse millon poser here and people are calling for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you profit from operating a club, camps, clinics saying your products and service will take players to the next level but hold your kid back in 8th grade that should be highlighted to expose the hypocrisy. And this forum should allow it. The parents and kids holding back know exactly what they are doing.

I honestly don't have a dog in this fight, but who cares if a kid is held back at this level? As long as they are age eligble by High School standards what does it matter? Who defines what "next level" really means. Hold your kid back if you don't like it, if you have the means.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People seem to be down on 91 and maybe with a some justification. Truth is that there are really only 3 Elite teams in HOCO that have a chance to win. FCA is the best of the rest. 91 could possibly have a good day v. NL or DCE time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you haven’t seen the Hawks attack yet??

Man they looked good. A couple of those kids seem unstoppable - especially coming around from X.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I honestly don't have a dog in this fight, but who cares if a kid is held back at this level? As long as they are age eligble by High School standards what does it matter? Who defines what "next level" really means. Hold your kid back if you don't like it, if you have the means.

Because it is wrong at the YOUTH sports level. No one cares what you do for your child and his development, What you do doesnt give you some select privilege to play against younger children in YOUTH sports.

If you want all these holdbacks to play..fine, then put age back a year and let anyone that wants to play at that grade play! including anyone that wants to play down,,,,not just the holdbacks..Real Simple Solution......But that wouldnt give little select Johnny the advantage he gets now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it is wrong at the YOUTH sports level. No one cares what you do for your child and his development, What you do doesnt give you some select privilege to play against younger children in YOUTH sports.

If you want all these holdbacks to play..fine, then put age back a year and let anyone that wants to play at that grade play! including anyone that wants to play down,,,,not just the holdbacks..Real Simple Solution......But that wouldnt give little select Johnny the advantage he gets now.

I am not the person who posted either comment but I think you are missing the point here. No need to beat the deadhorse of holdbacks that is on any board on any website. What is unique here is that the player's parent in this case is the one who advertises a level of coaching and development that is designed to get a player to the next level. If the system and program is so successful why would that parent need to holdback his own kid? Is he not developed enough to earn success in HS and College without playing down a year? The rules allow it but there is a cost involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not the person who posted either comment but I think you are missing the point here. No need to beat the deadhorse of holdbacks that is on any board on any website. What is unique here is that the player's parent in this case is the one who advertises a level of coaching and development that is designed to get a player to the next level. If the system and program is so successful why would that parent need to holdback his own kid? Is he not developed enough to earn success in HS and College without playing down a year? The rules allow it but there is a cost involved.

You would think that his kid had the benefit of all that super special coaching and development since birth. I guess dad decided it wasn't enough. We all know that the development mantra at 91 is a sham. Look at the 2022 varsity announcements on Instagram. Most of the kids aren't from Maryland. They don't develop players, they collect talent and it is subsidized by the kids at the end of the bench being called names when they don't perform at an elite level. MM was a great player who capitalized on his playing resume, but don't confuse that with being a great coach or a good human being. He's neither of those.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM is just joining the rest of many in Maryland and frankly many all over the country in holding their child back, or prefirst/reclass whatever you want to call. It has become an epidemic in youth lacrosse.

He sees what it does at 8th grade and below. It is clearly an advantage to be older than majority of players. If you have a decent to good player on age and hold him back in youth sports, you have a instant great player. It is one of issues that is wrong at youth sports, but he is just joining the Maryland Holdback machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs attack is better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM is just joining the rest of many in Maryland and frankly many all over the country in holding their child back, or prefirst/reclass whatever you want to call. It has become an epidemic in youth lacrosse.

He sees what it does at 8th grade and below. It is clearly an advantage to be older than majority of players. If you have a decent to good player on age and hold him back in youth sports, you have a instant great player. It is one of issues that is wrong at youth sports, but he is just joining the Maryland Holdback machine.

If this is done when the kid is slated to start 9th grade, what's the issue? Yes, the holdback at this point will be a great 8th grade player but there's no increased risk of harm to other on age 8th graders. If it ultimately helps a kid get into a private school they have set their sights on, and they are still age eligible their senior year, what is the issue? Don't give me the "it's unfair and I am missing point speech."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is done when the kid is slated to start 9th grade, what's the issue? Yes, the holdback at this point will be a great 8th grade player but there's no increased risk of harm to other on age 8th graders. If it ultimately helps a kid get into a private school they have set their sights on, and they are still age eligible their senior year, what is the issue? Don't give me the "it's unfair and I am missing point speech."

You are a meathead ignorantly invoking childish whataboutism. Go find a youth tourney and red solo cup. Sorry LaxPower shutdown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's unfair and you are missing the point. Really it is a free country do what you want. To each his own. Just like each can post an opinion on a random youth lacrosse site. The point is that to take a good player and have them play down is NOT making the player better. It is only making the team better. This is done to win a meaningless club lacrosse game or two or a HS game and I think it is a parental decision over the kids decision. Also, why does one kids get to take an advantage over the other players? If all players played down then kids would stop playing down as the advantage would go away. However, it the leagues went to age based, it would not be an option. Safety is not the issue. The old system of U13 and U15 still has two year age gaps. The issue is that some players are taking and advantage that others are not able to. At least with U15 it is the same system for all. Asking a parent to support a child for an extra year and asking a child to spend another year in school seems like a lot to do for a sport that will not provide millions of dollars and at best a partial scholarship. Is it allowed?-Yes, Is it a first world problem?-Yes, Does it ruin the sport?-no. I think it is a weak move and a bit over the top to repeat a grade for lacrosse but to each his own. The private school will be happy to take an extra year of your tuition. But, do you really think the player in question here NEEDS to do this to get into a MIAA school??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a father of a child that couldnt compete on his own against other on age kids at the youth level. Or is that unfair to say, or am I missing the point of your speech ?

Hold your kid back to help him get into a private school , good for you.. tutor might even be better... That still shouldn't give you some special right to compete against younger players at the youth level. I see you are one of those guys that goes by " the end justifies the means " not the actual actions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a league run by a County parks and rec allows this I think it fair to call it out. A county is a public entity. Playing for a club is a choice, but a County run league is community property. If a parent decides to hold a kid back because they think it is the best path to a private school that is one thing. However, it does not give the player the RIGHT to play younger kids based on this advantage. It is within the rules argument is silly. The majority of the US can understand what 8th grade age is and what it is not. Taken to the logical conclusion, why not have 17-18 year old players play? It is a shame because many of these 2022 age players playing 2023 are outstanding players and could play either age. I think being the older kids that other parents snicker or comment about behind their back is not worth the 15% discount to play at Tufts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public schools won’t ler you a hid a kid back simply for sports. There exists some integrity. Private schools at least in Baltimore and specifically the one implicated in prior posts will let you hold back for sports even if doing well academically. No integrity. Want does it say to the on age kid at the school who position will be taken be a player transferring from a rival private school, holding back, and taking the position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hawks plays 91 this weekend. Hawks beat looneys 17-5 last week. 91 has no business in elite. But sucker parents pay Mm $2000 so they can say junior plays elite. Hawks will win by 20 this weekend unless show mercy. Will be up double digits by half. Hawks that good and 91 belongs in AA at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a league run by a County parks and rec allows this I think it fair to call it out. A county is a public entity. Playing for a club is a choice, but a County run league is community property. If a parent decides to hold a kid back because they think it is the best path to a private school that is one thing. However, it does not give the player the RIGHT to play younger kids based on this advantage. It is within the rules argument is silly. The majority of the US can understand what 8th grade age is and what it is not. Taken to the logical conclusion, why not have 17-18 year old players play? It is a shame because many of these 2022 age players playing 2023 are outstanding players and could play either age. I think being the older kids that other parents snicker or comment about behind their back is not worth the 15% discount to play at Tufts.

The real shame and embarrassment are the holdbacks playing at the AAA, AA, A and even B levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a father of a child that couldnt compete on his own against other on age kids at the youth level. Or is that unfair to say, or am I missing the point of your speech ?

Hold your kid back to help him get into a private school , good for you.. tutor might even be better... That still shouldn't give you some special right to compete against younger players at the youth level. I see you are one of those guys that goes by " the end justifies the means " not the actual actions

You have the same right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real shame and embarrassment are the holdbacks playing at the AAA, AA, A and even B levels.

Are you on this forum too? Gawd you are a sad little man and probably take the joy out of eating ice cream. Move on, you aren't winning and aren't going to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Mm be on McD coaching staff next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the ON AGE Hawks #9 much much way way better than the holdback 91 #9. Not even close. He might want to drop down again to the 2024 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the ON AGE Hawks #9 much much way way better than the holdback 91 #9. Not even close. He might want to drop down again to the 2024 team

Score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12-5 Hawks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Score?

12-5 Hawks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Mm be on McD coaching staff next year?

That would be interesting. Not sure him and current McD Coach are similar type of coaches, and I am sure McD Coach will not put up with the antics of MM as some have described here. But stranger things have happened !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it easy. I was at the game and the holdback played well. Not saying much that he isnt on the same level as the Hawks attackman. Not many kids(ish) - if any - are. I bet the Hawks are a little nervous after that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it easy. I was at the game and the holdback played well. Not saying much that he isnt on the same level as the Hawks attackman. Not many kids(ish) - if any - are. I bet the Hawks are a little nervous after that game.

Nervous? Why is that? You play at this level for the competition, you don’t get better beating the breaks off every team every week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite is a 4 team division. The other teams are not elite and don’t belong. 91 never did, never one a game in division. Looneys was a pretender last year and has taken a step back this year. Don’t know what happened to NL or BLC - best players to DCD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would think that his kid had the benefit of all that super special coaching and development since birth. I guess dad decided it wasn't enough. We all know that the development mantra at 91 is a sham. Look at the 2022 varsity announcements on Instagram. Most of the kids aren't from Maryland. They don't develop players, they collect talent and it is subsidized by the kids at the end of the bench being called names when they don't perform at an elite level. MM was a great player who capitalized on his playing resume, but don't confuse that with being a great coach or a good human being. He's neither of those.

AMEN!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This years MM 2023 has the best 9th grader on attack, who starts with the ball on every play and still only scores 3 goals a game going against defensive players a year younger. Maybe hold back again after this year to actually become an "Elite" attackman? Team is losing games. Wonder how many turn-overs that attack has created shooting directly into the goalie's stick. That used to kill their 2022 team in games against tough opponents. Wonder why the coach keeps putting it back into that players hands on every play? Other players who do that stuff get called "garbage"(and a lot worse) and sat on the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will 2023 Team 91 MD lose more games or players this spring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will 2023 Team 91 MD lose more games or players this spring?

What is different about this year? They did not win a game the prior two years and only the kids who same limited playing time left. At least now they have a real coach and some higher level players.

Page 23 of 37 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard