BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 52 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 51 52
Re: 2018-2019 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Cornell is down this year?

They lost to Villanova (who isn't that good). They lost to Penn State (not a terrible loss, top 20 team). They lost to Stony Brook by 12. They have to win some non-conference games to make the tournament. Or they have to clean up in the Ivy. Are they going to beat Penn, Dartmouth or Princeton?

They win Thor win 2 of thos and they could make it.. otherwise it's a down year.

[/quote]

Down? Compared to what? When have they ever been up? Cornell is about where they always are. SBU was up 12 - 0 in the first half... it was a running clock the entire 2nd half. Penn State is a Top 20 program but they "are down this year" PSU not a Top 20 Team this year.

When you say "Cornell is down this year" you are implying that they are consistently "up" or strong. Cornell is a mid tier program having what would be considered a normal year. Not a knock, just reality.

[/quote]
Ivy's are a toss up this year as is most of college lacrosse
Cornell after getting blown out by SB loses by one to UPENN
Princeton after beating Florida picked off by Brown

How about Florida beats SB by one after losing to Princeton
Florida lost in OT to Syracuse lost by one to UNC

Very strange year
[/quote]

Northwestern over Marquette 24-4. Nice job coach!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like hofstra is 5-13 in CAA the last three years, really not much to hang your hat on

Hofstra is better this year than in the past three. Good luck in conference play ladies!

And Towsen and JMU are down. might be interesting. To bad Hofstra and Stonybrook don't play anymore. Seems like Spalina only wants to play them when he knows he can beat them badly. chicken-lina

That would be false because SB had its best team last year and didn't play them SB was pretty pretty good last year. Last time they played was two years ago. Was there with my daughter and it was 16-0 at halftime we left early as did most. Pretty sure no one is scared of Hofstra. Funny thing is my daughter was considering Hofstra but chose a different CAA school based on how bad they were that year [/quote]

Did you just say "Funny thing is my daughter was considering Hofstra but chose a different CAA school based on how bad they were that year"? Yes, that is a funny thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame lost a close one to Syracuse. The Irish look pretty good to me. Notre Dame is one of the 10 -15 best Programs in the country. Notre Dame is an excellent school and their women's lacrosse program is top notch. Some on this site bash them every year out of some sort of jealousy or bitterness (I have been critical of their out of conference schedule this year). Hate all you want, The Irish are very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame lost a close one to Syracuse. The Irish look pretty good to me. Notre Dame is one of the 10 -15 best Programs in the country. Notre Dame is an excellent school and their women's lacrosse program is top notch. Some on this site bash them every year out of some sort of jealousy or bitterness (I have been critical of their out of conference schedule this year). Hate all you want, The Irish are very good.

They lost and have only one quality win against two quality opponents.... if you are speaking about the Lacrosse program, that is all that matters this year. If you are speaking about the university, it is a great institution and provides its student athletes a tremendous education.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone is denying that they're a good team (the team has been stacked for the last 5-10 years), the school is one of the rare few that has there pick of recruits. The problem, as with Florida and all the great players they have had, is the coach can't manage the talent or make the in game decisions when it counts. They should be a perennial final four team with the recruits they get, they are classic underachievers and that's on the coaching

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like hofstra is 5-13 in CAA the last three years, really not much to hang your hat on

Hofstra is better this year than in the past three. Good luck in conference play ladies!

And Towsen and JMU are down. might be interesting. To bad Hofstra and Stonybrook don't play anymore. Seems like Spalina only wants to play them when he knows he can beat them badly. chicken-lina

That would be false because SB had its best team last year and didn't play them SB was pretty pretty good last year. Last time they played was two years ago. Was there with my daughter and it was 16-0 at halftime we left early as did most. Pretty sure no one is scared of Hofstra. Funny thing is my daughter was considering Hofstra but chose a different CAA school based on how bad they were that year

Did you just say "Funny thing is my daughter was considering Hofstra but chose a different CAA school based on how bad they were that year"? Yes, that is a funny thing.[/quote]

Funny how? Funny like I amuse you? Funny like a clown?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone is denying that they're a good team (the team has been stacked for the last 5-10 years), the school is one of the rare few that has there pick of recruits. The problem, as with Florida and all the great players they have had, is the coach can't manage the talent or make the in game decisions when it counts. They should be a perennial final four team with the recruits they get, they are classic underachievers and that's on the coaching

Bingo!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Double Bingo !!!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Division I Poll 3-25-2019

Rank Institution Points FPV Record Last Poll
1 Boston College 625 25 11-0 1
2 Maryland 600 010-0 2
3 North Carolina 568 0 8-2 3
4 Syracuse 556 0 10-2 4
5 Northwestern 505 0 6-3 5
6 Penn 497 0 8-1 6
7 Virginia 480 0 9-3 8
8 Michigan 433 0 11-0 10
9 Notre Dame 427 0 9-1 12
10 James Madison 409 0 7-3 7
11 Loyola 373 0 6-3 11
12 Duke 326 0 7-3 13
13 Navy (USNA) 313 0 7-2 14
14 Princeton 302 0 5-2 9
15 Denver 256 0 7-2 15
16 Southern California 229 0 9-1 20
17 Florida 215 0 4-6 16
18 Johns Hopkins 201 0 8-2 18
19 Stony Brook 180 0 4-4 17
20 Stanford 175 0 7-2 19
21 Virginia Tech 123 0 8-4 21
22 Georgetown 95 0 6-4 22
23 High Point 72 0 5-4 24
24 Penn State 61 0 4-5 23
25 Colorado 59 0 5-4 25

Last edited by baldbear; .
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division II Women’s Lacrosse 3-25-2019

1 Le Moyne 625 25 7-0 1
2 Adelphi 598 0 7-0 2
3 Florida Southern 570 0 8-1 3
4 West Chester 556 0 6-1 4
5 Rollins 502 0 9-0 6
6 Lindenwood (MO) 474 0 9-0 5
7 Regis (Colorado) 445 0 9-0 7
8 East Stroudsburg 418 0 6-2 8
9 LIU Post 400 0 6-2 9
10 Tampa 357 0 6-2 10
11 Limestone 356 0 9-1 11
T-12 Colorado Mesa 301 0 8-1 14
T-12 UIndy 301 0 8-1 T-12
14 Queens (North Carolina) 288 0 8-2 15
15 Pace 282 0 3-4 T-12
16 New Haven 266 0 5-2 17
17 Mercy 216 0 6-2 18
18 Merrimack 178 0 3-4 16
19 Bentley 171 0 4-1 20
20 Assumption 160 6-2 19
21 Grand Valley State 114 0 6-3 22
22 Saint Leo 112 0 11-0 24
23 New York Tech 83 0 5-2 23
24 Mercyhurst 61 0 6-2 21
25 Mount Olive 32 0 8-3 NR
RV Bloomsburg 29 0 6-2 25
RV Stonehill 24 0 5-2 NR

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division III Women’s Lacrosse 3-25-2019

1 Gettysburg 625 25 7-0 1
2 Washington and Lee 598 0 7-2 3
3 Mary Washington 569 0 9-1 4
4 Salisbury 540 0 7-1 5
5 Middlebury 511 0 4-1 6
6 Franklin & Marshall 502 0 6-2 2
7 Tufts 467 0 7-0 8
8 York (PA) 447 0 5-3 7
9 Trinity (CT) 404 0 5-1 9
10 Catholic 402 0 5-2 14
11 Colby 390 0 5-1 10
12 Wesleyan (CT) 377 0 6-1 11
13 Amherst 339 0 5-1 12
14 TCNJ 285 0 4-3 13
15 SUNY Cortland 267 0 3-3 15
16 St. John Fisher 266 0 6-1 16
17 William Smith 228 0 6-2 17
18 Bowdoin 182 0 3-4 18
19 Ithaca 176 0 4-3 19
20 University of Scranton156 0 7-1 20
21 Bates 115 0 6-3 21
22 Colorado College 91 0 7-0 22
23 Haverford 84 0 6-2 23
24 Skidmore 51 0 5-2 24
25 St. Mary's (MD) 37 0 6-3 25

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse played terrible yesterday and was lucky to get the win. They are better than that. That being said. ND had a ridiculously easy schedule up to that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse played terrible yesterday and was lucky to get the win. They are better than that. That being said. ND had a ridiculously easy schedule up to that game.

They beat UVA in Charlottesville and took SU to the wire in Syracuse. Sometimes good teams make other good teams play badly.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, Virginia is easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!!!

There have been many on this site who have said that ND is not a good team or a strong program.

They are one of the top 10 - 15 programs in the country. That said, why should they be a perennial final four team? You say 'the school is one of the rare few that has their pick of recruits". The fact of the matter is that the "top recruits" are the ones who have their pick of schools not the other way around. The top programs fight over many of the same of players. There are about 15 schools (more than a rare few) that get the top recruits each year, Notre Dame is in that group but they do not have their pick. Maryland , North Carolina, Boston College, Virginia, Northwestern, Princeton, Penn, Duke, Georgetown, Syracuse, USC, Stanford, Hopkins, Penn State, Florida and Loyola (Michigan will start bringing in more talent). Every "family / personal" situation is different for each recruit and Notre Dame is not the right choice for all of the best players for a variety of reasons.

Getting to the Final Four is very difficult. To say that they should be there every year is foolish. Notre Dame may have a big advantage over most schools but when it comes to the top programs, the programs that compete for the top recruits they have to fight like everyone else. None of the top programs have their pick, it is the top players who have their pick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!!!

There have been many on this site who have said that ND is not a good team or a strong program.

They are one of the top 10 - 15 programs in the country. That said, why should they be a perennial final four team? You say 'the school is one of the rare few that has their pick of recruits". The fact of the matter is that the "top recruits" are the ones who have their pick of schools not the other way around. The top programs fight over many of the same of players. There are about 15 schools (more than a rare few) that get the top recruits each year, Notre Dame is in that group but they do not have their pick. Maryland , North Carolina, Boston College, Virginia, Northwestern, Princeton, Penn, Duke, Georgetown, Syracuse, USC, Stanford, Hopkins, Penn State, Florida and Loyola (Michigan will start bringing in more talent). Every "family / personal" situation is different for each recruit and Notre Dame is not the right choice for all of the best players for a variety of reasons.

Getting to the Final Four is very difficult. To say that they should be there every year is foolish. Notre Dame may have a big advantage over most schools but when it comes to the top programs, the programs that compete for the top recruits they have to fight like everyone else. None of the top programs have their pick, it is the top players who have their pick.

It seems that for as long as I can remember every year ND is touted as having a top 5 recruiting class, if not the top recruiting class, and the don't even have one final four appearance to show for it? Any team make it to the final eight? Plenty of teams doing a lot more with a lot less...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!!!

Get over yourself .Those 15 are not equal in the talent they bring in . I would say UNC has the easiest time getting their chose of recruits and with the new field which I did get to see with my sons team it just got even easier. Weather ,campus, history of success and the academics .When I say academics I mean its an excellent school but doubt the coaches strugle to get their top players admitted which may happen at some of the other schools. If you think the coaches at MD or UNC are just better than SBU or USC or just about any on that list you are wrong, they just get their pick of the top players more often than the others. Honestly its always the parents that complain their coaches are terrible when their kids team loses because they dont eant to admitt their kids are just not as talented .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!!!

Get over yourself .Those 15 are not equal in the talent they bring in . I would say UNC has the easiest time getting their chose of recruits and with the new field which I did get to see with my sons team it just got even easier. Weather ,campus, history of success and the academics .When I say academics I mean its an excellent school but doubt the coaches strugle to get their top players admitted which may happen at some of the other schools. If you think the coaches at MD or UNC are just better than SBU or USC or just about any on that list you are wrong, they just get their pick of the top players more often than the others. Honestly its always the parents that complain their coaches are terrible when their kids team loses because they dont eant to admitt their kids are just not as talented .

Maryland has the easiest recruiting route to a top class every year, their high school talent is off the charts, North Carolina high school talent is way behind. Maryland gets to offer in state tuition and has big money left to give a larger percentage to out of state kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!!!

Please work on improving your reading comprehension. Where does it say that those 15 schools are equal in the talent that they bring in? The gist of the post was that it is "the top players" that have "their pick" not the other way around. If you look back over the years the majority of the top 30 - 40 recruits choose one of the schools listed. The majority of those schools finish the season ranked in the top 20 just about every year. Some of those schools get more of the top recruits than others but none get all of the recruits that they want. Not all of UNC's recruits are top recruits, their #9 is not equal to their #1. UNC does not get their pick of the top players. Sometimes, more of the top players choose UNC but once again it is the top players that get to choose.

The top recruits get to choose where they want to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Islip HS retiring Kylie Ohlmiller's # 17 before Islip's game. Celebration starts at 3:45pm. Congrats KO17!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Please work on improving your reading comprehension. Where does it say that those 15 schools are equal in the talent that they bring in? The gist of the post was that it is "the top players" that have "their pick" not the other way around. If you look back over the years the majority of the top 30 - 40 recruits choose one of the schools listed. The majority of those schools finish the season ranked in the top 20 just about every year. Some of those schools get more of the top recruits than others but none get all of the recruits that they want. Not all of UNC's recruits are top recruits, their #9 is not equal to their #1. UNC does not get their pick of the top players. Sometimes, more of the top players choose UNC but once again it is the top players that get to choose.

The top recruits get to choose where they want to go."

Wrong again, I know of many top recruits ,kids ranked 1-10 by inside lacrosse who were told by some of the top schools that they have no interest in them for various reasons or offered little money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!!!

Maryland has the easiest recruiting route to a top class every year, their high school talent is off the charts, North Carolina high school talent is way behind. Maryland gets to offer in state tuition and has big money left to give a larger percentage to out of state kids.

Doesn't work that way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Please work on improving your reading comprehension. Where does it say that those 15 schools are equal in the talent that they bring in? The gist of the post was that it is "the top players" that have "their pick" not the other way around. If you look back over the years the majority of the top 30 - 40 recruits choose one of the schools listed. The majority of those schools finish the season ranked in the top 20 just about every year. Some of those schools get more of the top recruits than others but none get all of the recruits that they want. Not all of UNC's recruits are top recruits, their #9 is not equal to their #1. UNC does not get their pick of the top players. Sometimes, more of the top players choose UNC but once again it is the top players that get to choose.

The top recruits get to choose where they want to go."

Wrong again, I know of many top recruits ,kids ranked 1-10 by inside lacrosse who were told by some of the top schools that they have no interest in them for various reasons or offered little money.

My brothers friend knows a guy who has a friend who knows.... Please stop. The top players are in the drivers seat the large majority can choose the school they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My brothers friend knows a guy who has a friend who knows.... Please stop. The top players are in the drivers seat the large majority can choose the school they want"

Talk about reading comprehension issues,the poster said "I know" not I know of someone who knows. That said I personally know of multiple players who were ranked top 10 who have been told ,too small, too slow, we dont recruit defenders, not interested, etc. Do the top players have multiple options, yes, do the top schools have multiple options yes they do .Do both the top players and top schools get rejected at times ,yes they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding recruiting....

Yes it kinda does work that way. Fully funded D1 programs get 12.4 scholarships based on out of state tuition rates. (In addition to some additional perks...i.e. Book $). The coach then can divide the scholarships as he/she sees fit. It could be a dollar amount or a percentage. So a MD Resident would need a much smaller $ from the coach to fully compensate the player for a "full ride." Add that to the fact that every year they are in the conversation as the top team in the country. Attractive to some recruits.

Also helps SBU on LI. Penn State in PA etc....

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Islip HS retiring Kylie Ohlmiller's # 17 before Islip's game. Celebration starts at 3:45pm. Congrats KO17!!

I did not know High Schools retired numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My brothers friend knows a guy who has a friend who knows.... Please stop. The top players are in the drivers seat the large majority can choose the school they want"

Talk about reading comprehension issues,the poster said "I know" not I know of someone who knows. That said I personally know of multiple players who were ranked top 10 who have been told ,too small, too slow, we dont recruit defenders, not interested, etc. Do the top players have multiple options, yes, do the top schools have multiple options yes they do .Do both the top players and top schools get rejected at times ,yes they do.

Really? You know many girls ranked top 10 that were told "we don't recruit defenders". Please tell us all when the last time a defender was ranked in the top 10 on the Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Senior List. Pretty sure it was not 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? You know many girls ranked top 10 that were told "we don't recruit defenders". Please tell us all when the last time a defender was ranked in the top 10 on the Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Senior List. Pretty sure it was not 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014...

Thats the one pt you focused on, not too small, too slow or not interested etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"My brothers friend knows a guy who has a friend who knows.... Please stop. The top players are in the drivers seat the large majority can choose the school they want"

Can’t tell you the last time but can tell you I personally know a defender in one of those years that was ranked top 10 and was told we do not recruit defenders from a top 5 lax school . Your comment just shows your complete ignorance , first you have no clue about any defenders being ranked top 10 and next you show your complete lack of reading comprehension. No one said they know many girls that were told “we dont recruit defenders” you are just too ignorant to understand that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"My brothers friend knows a guy who has a friend who knows.... Please stop. The top players are in the drivers seat the large majority can choose the school they want"

Can’t tell you the last time but can tell you I personally know a defender in one of those years that was ranked top 10 and was told we do not recruit defenders from a top 5 lax school . Your comment just shows your complete ignorance , first you have no clue about any defenders being ranked top 10 and next you show your complete lack of reading comprehension. No one said they know many girls that were told “we dont recruit defenders” you are just too ignorant to understand that.

How about none were ranked in the top 10...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats the one pt you focused on, not too small, too slow or not interested etc...

When lies are spouted... why should we take anything he says as truth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off the poster said ranked top 10, maybe it was not the “Young Guns” ranking or possibly they were a top ten ranked defender on the inside lacrosse list , or possibly a player that was recruited as a defender but played middie in high school but defense for travel. You honestly seem like an uneducated dope when you think every Young Guns” top 10 player could go to any school they wanted when anyone who knows anything realizes thats just not the case .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off the poster said ranked top 10, maybe it was not the “Young Guns” ranking or possibly they were a top ten ranked defender on the inside lacrosse list , or possibly a player that was recruited as a defender but played middie in high school but defense for travel. You honestly seem like an uneducated dope when you think every Young Guns” top 10 player could go to any school they wanted when anyone who knows anything realizes thats just not the case .

Yes, I agree. Players ranked in the top 10 in a recruiting class are told by many schools we have no interest in you. I do not know if the top 10 kids can go to any school but I do believe they are in high demand and that they are in the drivers seat when it come to recruiting. The top players have their pick, not the top schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, what other "top 10" ranking is there when it comes to recruiting? Does Inside Lacrosse rank the top 10 HS defenders? "or possibly a player that was recruited as a defender but played middie in high school but defense for travel" is their a ranking for such players? I do not know if the "Young Gun Top 10" can go to any school they want but I am willing to bet that the players listed in the Top 10 by Inside Lacrosse could choose to go to at least 90% of the Top 15 Programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It took less than two minutes to look it up... No defenders ranked in the Top 10 in any of the years listed above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake News that coaches are using their scholly money on defenders early on. Just doesn't happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake News that coaches are using their scholly money on defenders early on. Just doesn't happen

You couldn't be more wrong, and how would you know anyway?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Double Bingo !!!

Nah..
What you have on both teams are good athletes with low lax IQ. Assist to goal ratio is horrible. Check out NC or BC ratio. 1 per 2 goals equals good Lacrose. Which will eventually lead to a championship. You can blow your zone or man v man theory out your ace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cara Trombetta in '17 i think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't be more wrong, and how would you know anyway?

because the best kids aren't playing defense in HS or club, they are the after thoughts. Any 2nd line middie would be a starter on defense

Page 41 of 52 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard