BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 37 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a certain younger team in lower MoCo with 2 kids born in November and December of the year prior and about 5 or 6 more born prior to 3/1. You don't think it's possible 1 of those kids will repeat and be a 16 year old in 8th grade.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Almost every team in the elite division has at least 1 16 year old. All of the other teams have a majority of the players born prior to 9/1. it is truly a 14, 15 and some 16 year old division. The other divisions are closer to 13 and 14 year olds.

16? My son is on Crabs 2022 and he's only 15. I know there are holdbacks, but there are 16 year old on 2023 teams? That would mean they turn 19 in 11th grade? Which means they can't play in the MIAA their senior year.

My son is 16 and he's on the Crabs 2020 team. The parents posting about 16 year olds on 2023 teams are clueless.

There is a certain younger team in lower MoCo with 2 kids born in November and December of the year prior to the 9/1 date. and about 5 or 6 more born prior to 3/1. You don't think it's possible 1 of these 7/8 kids will repeat and be a 16 year old in 8th grade? HoCo doesn't deny it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
410-313-4706 dludlow@howardcountymd.gov

Let us know what they tell you.

Howard County Recreation Department will always be the leader in the Lacrosse Hall Of Shame world. About five years ago it was the match that light the fire in the world of holdback lacrosse. It gave holdbacks/prefirst/reclass an outlet to play down against younger players. Until then ALL YOUTH lacrosse was age based.

Its managers had ties to MIAA schools at the time and wanted a place for the holdbacks. Disgusting.
Every league in Howard County Recreation is age based except this lacrosse league. Disgusting.

And notIntelligent MYLA at the time gave HoCO its blessing?? Ruined age based lacrosse in MD two years after starting.

HOCO a public run and taxpayer funded org that helps out the private schools prefirst/holdback/reclass play down and get an advantage . Amazing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“A certain boarding school in Owings Mills”? Call the league, I’m sure there are a lots of teams who would insist on punishing such a successful program. God this is dumb. Why would they take kids who are ineligible? 2023 is an age where kids start to really stand out, or get weeded out, based on size and speed. Moat of that is in the DNA, some of it is work ethic. But when freshmen and sophomores make, play and l/or start on MIAA Varsity rosters against kids who are older, tells you they are simply very good (because under the posters’ logic, aren’t those older kids on Varisty teams also all holdbacks and my favorite unicorn “double holdbacks?”). I guess logic isn’t on the HH menu at the Greene Turtle...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a certain younger team in lower MoCo with 2 kids born in November and December of the year prior and about 5 or 6 more born prior to 3/1. You don't think it's possible 1 of those kids will repeat and be a 16 year old in 8th grade.
Almost every team in the elite division has at least 1 16 year old. All of the other teams have a majority of the players born prior to 9/1. it is truly a 14, 15 and some 16 year old division. The other divisions are closer to 13 and 14 year olds.

16? My son is on Crabs 2022 and he's only 15. I know there are holdbacks, but there are 16 year old on 2023 teams? That would mean they turn 19 in 11th grade? Which means they can't play in the MIAA their senior year.

My son is 16 and he's on the Crabs 2020 team. The parents posting about 16 year olds on 2023 teams are clueless.

There is a certain younger team in lower MoCo with 2 kids born in November and December of the year prior to the 9/1 date. and about 5 or 6 more born prior to 3/1. You don't think it's possible 1 of these 7/8 kids will repeat and be a 16 year old in 8th grade? HoCo doesn't deny it.

For the safety of these kids, I think HOCO might want to ban 13 year olds from playing in the Elite Div.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the safety of these kids, I think HOCO might want to ban 13 year olds from playing in the Elite Div.

Good one. My kid is 13 and won't turn 14 until the end of the summer, and he is playing 2023 elite division. He loves playing with the older kids. No complaints here.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good for you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
happy for you enjoy your season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should have added - “... of course my son is unlike other 13 year olds in that he reached physical maturity abnormally early so he resembles a 16 year old.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: holdbacks, is there ever a concern from a legal POV? Leagues/tourneys knowing significantly older players playing in younger age groups?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The HoCo schedule is out. Intersting divisions, but nice that most of the teams in each division will get to face each other. And not have a fluke undefeated team that happen to get a schedule against the "weaker" teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can't

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son is on 2022 , now 15. I know 2023 crabs team and it's laughable that some clown would post that they have 16vyr olds. They need to have facts to back this up. Can't believe same people on here whining about holdbacks etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
My son is on 2022 , now 15. I know 2023 crabs team and it's laughable that some clown would post that they have 16vyr olds. They need to have facts to back this up. Can't believe same people on here whining about holdbacks etc.

Cant believe there is still holdback apologists defending playing down in youth lacrosse !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdback discussion has been beaten to death; unfortunately its a part of YOUTH Lacrosse and will not be going away anytime soon. I discuss this with my 13 year old son frequently and he understands if he is going to compete at this level and against older kids he just needs to work harder. In the end it will just make him a better lacrosse player and more importantly a better young man; isn't the later the goal here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to move to actual lacrosse this weekend! IMHO
Final Four's
Elite: Dogs, Hawks, Crabs, Looney's.
AAA: SR, VLC, Cav, Cannon's
AA: AYLC, SaltW, TopC, API
A: USS, G, NL-R, DCE-O
B: Z, True, Team M., KP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Four's

Elite: Crabs, Hawks, DOGS, FCA
AAA: FCA, VLC, SR, Diamondbacks
AA: Saltwater, AYLC, Looney's HLC
A: NL-R, DC Express, USS, Green Hornets
B: Team M, True, PLC-B, FLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Four's

Sounds about right except Diamond Backs are in AA and Looney-Green are in AAA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you should be proud...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Four's

I thought the NL 23's were supposed to be pretty good. Did they lose players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Team 91 MD stay at Elite after going winless 2 years in a row. Sad that politics rules HoCo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Four's

I thought the NL 23's were supposed to be pretty good. Did they lose players?

NL 23 is good but the Elite teams are tough I do not think they are top4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching Looneys today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to MarkMillon for calling a kid on his team "trash" after the game today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to MarkMillon for calling a kid on his team "trash" after the game today.

I'm SHOCKED. Shocked, I tell you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A HOF Coach and holdback cant help this game team. Looks to have taken a step back. Drop 91 down a tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone post today's scores . . . ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess MM is adding to his quotes for players..... Break His arms , Give it to the 9th grader, etc... and now....Trash !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone post today's scores . . . ?

FCA 14 - 6 over 91
Crabs 12 - 1 over NL
Hawks 17 - 5 over Looney’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A HOF Coach and holdback cant help this game team. Looks to have taken a step back. Drop 91 down a tier.

Not a HOF coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Give it to the 9th grader"...now he can use that for his own team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Give it to the 9th grader"...now he can use that for his own team.

OUCH !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

And which team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23’s trying out for UA teams. Only 1 2022 made it last year. Is it worth it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23’s trying out for UA teams. Only 1 2022 made it last year. Is it worth it?

For the chance to go against many different good players it is...To make team, your chances are very slim if any.

Frankly the teams have many players already slotted for the team. Look at any region and coach and look at majority of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess MM is adding to his quotes for players..... Break His arms , Give it to the 9th grader, etc... and now....Trash !

Well that is much better than calling a 7th grader who was coming back from a broken leg a F#$%N P@#$Y in front of his teammates simply because he was running midfield with a slight gimp the first week he was released to play. Good coaches single out players and always blame the losses, or even substandard wins on a player right? It could not possibly be because of Millon's coaching? After all, he is the "GOAT". Calling a kid trash is actually real progress for Millon. That guy is THE worst youth coach without question. He acts like he loves your kid and family and then he just mentally destroys them behind the scenes. Watching ignorant lacrosse parents fall for it is absolutely mind boggling. You are better off handing your kid over to a human trafficker because they wont charge you. His behavior on the sidelines during games is just a peak at what your kid gets ALL season long. Even the adult assistant coaches who coach with him can only take so much and eventually get away from him. If you want your kid to hate lacrosse by high school, let them play for a team MM coaches. Don't fall for the sales, "Im the greatest", "this is the best program" B.S. That guy is EVERYTHING wrong with youth club lacrosse! He is a win at all cost coach. If he has to destroy your kid because he perceives that it will make him look like a good coach, your kid will be his "trash"!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well that is much better than calling a 7th grader who was coming back from a broken leg a F#$%N P@#$Y in front of his teammates simply because he was running midfield with a slight gimp the first week he was released to play. Good coaches single out players and always blame the losses, or even substandard wins on a player right? It could not possibly be because of Millon's coaching? After all, he is the "GOAT". Calling a kid trash is actually real progress for Millon. That guy is THE worst youth coach without question. He acts like he loves your kid and family and then he just mentally destroys them behind the scenes. Watching ignorant lacrosse parents fall for it is absolutely mind boggling. You are better off handing your kid over to a human trafficker because they wont charge you. His behavior on the sidelines during games is just a peak at what your kid gets ALL season long. Even the adult assistant coaches who coach with him can only take so much and eventually get away from him. If you want your kid to hate lacrosse by high school, let them play for a team MM coaches. Don't fall for the sales, "Im the greatest", "this is the best program" B.S. That guy is EVERYTHING wrong with youth club lacrosse! He is a win at all cost coach. If he has to destroy your kid because he perceives that it will make him look like a good coach, your kid will be his "trash"!

Win at all cost coach? 2023 has now not won a game in 2 full season +1 game. There is a good chance they will complete season 3 without a win. The team had a chance to move down a level where they could compete although not a given they would win the next level down they would at least win some games. It has to be difficult to endure that abuse and loose all the games at the same time. I think what keeps parents paying is the need to be in the elite division. I understand every d1 coach always asks every recruit if they played in the elite division in 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Win at all cost coach? 2023 has now not won a game in 2 full season +1 game. There is a good chance they will complete season 3 without a win. The team had a chance to move down a level where they could compete although not a given they would win the next level down they would at least win some games. It has to be difficult to endure that abuse and loose all the games at the same time. I think what keeps parents paying is the need to be in the elite division. I understand every d1 coach always asks every recruit if they played in the elite division in 8th grade.

I would think they do it to help them in the summer, why not play up if you have the opportunity. Maybe HOCO should have a process for moving the top team from AA up and the bottom team from elite down or something like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I would think they do it to help them in the summer, why not play up if you have the opportunity. Maybe HOCO should have a process for moving the top team from AA up and the bottom team from elite down or something like that."

HOCO does have a process called a competition committee. The issue is that the members of the committee include the person involved here. The top clubs all play in each others events and look the other way at holdback issues support grade based play and will only allow each other's teams in the Elite group despite the talent. T91 had a strong 22 team and has a strong 24 team, therefore they will want to be in elite at 23 even if the play on the field does not warrant it, which it has not. Not being unfair here but the record speaks for itself. The only logical candidates to replace them would be teams like South River, VLC, or Cavalier who have been in the finals the last few years in the next level down. I am not sure if these teams would do better, worse, or the same. VLC is owned by Crabs so the powers that be on the committee will never let a club have two elite teams, South River is a local club and not represented in the club lacrosse mafia, and Cavalier is too Virginia'ish to make it. For the rest of the Elite clubs they are clearly better than these other clubs and deserve the spot. I think though it is not good for these kids on 91 to "play up" and get ready for the summer. Losing is tough and leads to more losing. They need to play at a competitive level that fits the talent as most teams do is almost all sports at all levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That all may be true or not...But this years MM 2023 has best attack in HOCO elite division, bar none ! Deal with it !

Page 22 of 37 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard