BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 314 of 327 1 2 312 313 314 315 316 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"I'm a believer that if your father, grandfather or uncle is a managing partner at Goldman you will get a job, same goes for the mythical hedge fund job you referenced"

You will get an interview with a non-biased hiring committee. You are on your own at that point. That is why the culture and the results there are so strong-everyone agrees on the process and finding the best talent. So even though your uncle is there , you dam better sharpen Missy's pencil for her and have a plan B lined up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From Manhasset to Montauk... regardless of where you live I don’t see why you would not want to play here. After finally reading through the entire thread and also looking at the Colleges that this club feeds into I have made the decision to have my girls play here. However, I am unsure at which point I should move from my local club to YJ. what do you guys genuinely think? We have played with a local club from K- 5th grade. Should we make the move for 6th, 7th, or 8th grade? Definitely want them to get exposure to better competition and a more competitive environment before they get into HS. Appreciate any insight.

My daughter does not play for them but I would say middle school is a great time to move to a higher competition team with great exposure to college coaches. tryouts are usually in august-sept.
Good Luck I hope your daughters find a great team, with supportive, fun, nice girls and families and great competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Manhasset to Montauk... regardless of where you live I don’t see why you would not want to play here. After finally reading through the entire thread and also looking at the Colleges that this club feeds into I have made the decision to have my girls play here. However, I am unsure at which point I should move from my local club to YJ. what do you guys genuinely think? We have played with a local club from K- 5th grade. Should we make the move for 6th, 7th, or 8th grade? Definitely want them to get exposure to better competition and a more competitive environment before they get into HS. Appreciate any insight.

My daughter does not play for them but I would say middle school is a great time to move to a higher competition team with great exposure to college coaches. tryouts are usually in august-sept.
Good Luck I hope your daughters find a great team, with supportive, fun, nice girls and families and great competition.

Agreed, you should have selected a club by 5th-6th Grade and are hopefully either on the top team or working hard to get there. by 8th -9th grade the top teams will be set and will be near impossible to crack these lineups ( exemptions are made for extraordinary talent)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, you should have selected a club by 5th-6th Grade and are hopefully either on the top team or working hard to get there. by 8th -9th grade the top teams will be set and will be near impossible to crack these lineups ( exemptions are made for extraordinary talent)
Thank you. This is the info I was looking for. Appreciate it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

with the exception of the 2023's of course. This age group is 8th grade its still all over the place...hopefullymoving forward college coaches can see the forest through the trees... look past all the nonsense and see some great talent on all the teams....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

with the exception of the 2023's of course. This age group is 8th grade its still all over the place...hopefullymoving forward college coaches can see the forest through the trees... look past all the nonsense and see some great talent on all the teams....

2023 is a dumpster fire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 is a dumpster fire.

I have heard this rumor? Have not seen them play but are most of the girls from power suffolk schools? is it selfish play? Can someone shed some light? 8th grade is still young. i’m sure they will figure it out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard this rumor? Have not seen them play but are most of the girls from power suffolk schools? is it selfish play? Can someone shed some light? 8th grade is still young. i’m sure they will figure it out

While the above may be true, I believe the comments are in reference to the merger of Igloo 2023 and YJ 2023. both these teams were competitive with igloo getting the better of YJ most time in the past. There are now effectively 2 A teams in the YJ at this age as no tryouts were held to establish an A team ( i think this changes this fall as there will be a tryout)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While the above may be true, I believe the comments are in reference to the merger of Igloo 2023 and YJ 2023. both these teams were competitive with igloo getting the better of YJ most time in the past. There are now effectively 2 A teams in the YJ at this age as no tryouts were held to establish an A team ( i think this changes this fall as there will be a tryout)

The Igloo team is not the same team it was. Half of the girls left including some of their top girls. They will have a hard time competing this year butwith bargaining they got to keep a small roster anda coup of the better tournaments which Wright was sacrificed. It will change next year for sure and most of those girls will head to other clubs with the exception of a few who will go right to the top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the YJ mentality has traveled south - not only winning 2 games by a combined 47-0, but then bragging about it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/YJSouthlacrosse/status/1109619738999746562

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about that...they have a YJ South team who is doing extremely good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

The Igloo team is not the same team it was. Half of the girls left including some of their top girls. They will have a hard time competing this year butwith bargaining they got to keep a small roster anda coup of the better tournaments which Wright was sacrificed. It will change next year for sure and most of those girls will head to other clubs with the exception of a few who will go right to the top.

There is one A team that is Thorn. Igloo was placed in a bottom feeding bracket at Summer Genesis and isn't going to Lax for the Cure Wright is. Igloo is just trying to make it through the summer and Thorn will show them why they are the A team at Nationals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

There is one A team that is Thorn. Igloo was placed in a bottom feeding bracket at Summer Genesis and isn't going to Lax for the Cure Wright is. Igloo is just trying to make it through the summer and Thorn will show them why they are the A team at Nationals

Like they did last year?? Nationals is a weak, waste of time event. Thorn is not a top team in this age group, sorry to break it to you! For that matter, neither is Igloo, or whatever they're calling themselves now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Like they did last year?? Nationals is a weak, waste of time event. Thorn is not a top team in this age group, sorry to break it to you! For that matter, neither is Igloo, or whatever they're calling themselves now.

There is too much politics and friends and family on that Thorne team. It has been for a long time and it has made a mess out of the 2023 YJ program. Half the team sees absolutely no playing time ...a great number of excellent players have left the team becuase of all the bs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

There is too much politics and friends and family on that Thorne team. It has been for a long time and it has made a mess out of the 2023 YJ program. Half the team sees absolutely no playing time ...a great number of excellent players have left the team becuase of all the bs

Looking through 8th grade sats for those playing varsity, the only YJ players putting up any #s is the NorthShore Igloo girl. A few TG players are doing well too. Don't see any other clubs girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Looking through 8th grade sats for those playing varsity, the only YJ players putting up any #s is the NorthShore Igloo girl. A few TG players are doing well too. Don't see any other clubs girls

are you really looking at 8th grade stats? Are there any girls actually seeing the field on varisity? most just be shivering on benches.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the YJ mentality has traveled south - not only winning 2 games by a combined 47-0, but then bragging about it.

HORRIFIC! Parents, Coaches and PLayers should be ashamed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I see the YJ mentality has traveled south - not only winning 2 games by a combined 47-0, but then bragging about it.

How about YJ south entering the top bracket of some of the summer tournaments like mid Atlantic and Lax for the Cure? Playing lower level teams and bragging. Embarrassing to the YJ organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Wright in the tougher bracket than Thorn at Lax for the cure? Isn't Thorn the A team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Wright in the tougher bracket than Thorn at Lax for the cure? Isn't Thorn the A team?

They do that every year to Wright since the girls were in 4th grade. Thorn's team gets the easy bracket and Wright gets the harder one. It's to ensure Thorn makes it out of pool play. Think of the embarrassment if they didn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do that every year to Wright since the girls were in 4th grade. Thorn's team gets the easy bracket and Wright gets the harder one. It's to ensure Thorn makes it out of pool play. Think of the embarrassment if they didn't.

Which is why the best girls left the team and now play on TG and Legacy, where they own YJs. Talk about no faith in your "best" team! #cookingbooks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at 2020 blue. The teams they play are a easy path to playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is why the best girls left the team and now play on TG and Legacy, where they own YJs. Talk about no faith in your "best" team! #cookingbooks

they do it every year....Wrights team struggles but so would Thorn they would rather sacrifice Wright. What happened to Igloo thought they were all in? Arent they supposed to be the A YJ team looks like they aren't even goin?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so true ...so many great players left..... they played too much with their roster ...its a self concocted team ... has nothing to do with talent just who you know...but everyone knows this so it is what it is...they created own mess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so true ...so many great players left..... they played too much with their roster ...its a self concocted team ... has nothing to do with talent just who you know...but everyone knows this so it is what it is...they created own mess

From what I see, there is only one girl on the Thorne team that is doing anything on varsity. The MC girl, who is very good. Maybe she should think about coming over to TG to join the other girls who are the best in the grade? We'd love to have you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why is Wright in the tougher bracket than Thorn at Lax for the cure? Isn't Thorn the A team?

they do it every year....Wrights team struggles but so would Thorn they would rather sacrifice Wright. What happened to Igloo thought they were all in? Arent they supposed to be the A YJ team looks like they aren't even goin?

Let's see what type of A team igloo is they get to play M&D at Summer genesis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why is Wright in the tougher bracket than Thorn at Lax for the cure? Isn't Thorn the A team?

Igloo is not an A team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo is not an A team

Gotta wonder how long it will take before the two YJ teams start sharing players, leaving more girls to ride the bench!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo is not an A team

Gotta wonder how long it will take before the two YJ teams start sharing players, leaving more girls to ride the bench!

Doubt that happens. Thorn will beat igloo at Nationals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s only one girl worth borrowing, and everyone will know if that happens. Hopefully YJs don’t feel the need to cheat....but then we are talking YJs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo is not an A team

they will most certainly do that. they prob will put the teams together and bring only the top girls to nationals...rest sit at home..that happened in past teams had to try out for it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if the kids aren't good enough to play then don't take them make cuts!

Have you seen some of the girls playing for the elite YJ's? All I will say is its got to be about the money because many have no business playing elite club lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you seen some of the girls playing for the elite YJ's? All I will say is its got to be about the money because many have no business playing elite club lacrosse

Is this a news flash? It's always about the money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a news flash? It's always about the money!

it was a disaster from the start ...all about FF..some of the better girls moved to other clubs where they are top or they asked to go to the other team..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yj is very unfair. only northport and mt sinai girls are on the a and b teams and get scholorships. they dont even care if your good enough to be on the a or b team if you dont go to northport or mt sinai have fun on the d team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yj is very unfair. only northport and mt sinai girls are on the a and b teams and get scholorships. they dont even care if your good enough to be on the a or b team if you dont go to northport or mt sinai have fun on the d team.

Young lady, I suggest you stop worrying about which team you are on and what is fair or unfair. Life is pretty unfair so get used to it. Try instead to focus on your schoolwork; specifically ELA and grammar. I promise you you'll be better off in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the moderators let the same guy post the same message on 5 different threads?

you guys wanna clean this up..

( I can copy and paste too)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A “Top Gun” parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are only the 2021 and 2029 rosters posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are only the 2021 and 2029 rosters posted?

Because all the back-room deals and friends and family protected players aren't done yet. Don't worry, CR knows you'll check the results 3x a day until she's ready to post them and still cut her a check, in the end, no matter what.

If you want to be treated like a paying customer, I suggest trying a different club next year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 314 of 327 1 2 312 313 314 315 316 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard