BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 142 of 264 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not "just" a scrimmage, but a scrimmage against a team picked by experts to be the 2nd best in the country. Clearly they aren't there yet as they got handled in every facet of the game by a "C" school. Yes, June is what matters but clearly any observer would walk away from viewing this saying Mount Sinai can play, with anyone...and maybe Suffolk A is more open than people have prognosticated for this season.

The Mount is not just a C school in lax you and I both know it. The pick up of the pole is huge. The play of the HB is big. your stud pole the boys that have plan very competitive club lax makes you a top team on LI.

Lots of people knew you would be huge its not a surprise. The sad thing is becasue you are C you will have 2-3 games this year at best (which you will still probably win) the rest will be road kill. Good luck stay humble.

PS ask Syosset about scrimmages, they've been saying for years they mean nothing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my rant for the week. Nice an early season rankings are great and some say meaningless but when it does matters later you know where Im coming from.

I know early in the season, but power points are already messed up. How can a team an 0-2 team be ahead of a team 1-0.

Do power points matter across the Divs?
Harborfields (1-0, Whitman) and Kings Park should be ranked over BBBP. (0-2, Riverhead and Sachem North) and East Islip (0-2),
Sachem North (1-0) should be over Connetquot (0-1)
and hey he's a shout out to Middle Country (although I hate combined schools, where is a brick and mortar MC anyways) but why isn't Middle Country (2-0) over Whitman (0-2) or Floyd (0-1)

Now points wise why is
Islip 120 and Bay Shore at 119
BBP 117 and East Islip 118 over Riverhead 114
BBP 117 and East Islip 118 over Sachem North 112
Bay Shore just beat East Islip and they were only 1 point ahead of them.

Don't get me started with Smithtown West. yes, you lost to a non conference powerhouse but you lost, you shouldn't start as the #1. Here again is where the points should mean something. Mt Sinia with only 123, you know when Ward Melville comes into the ranking they will be #1 which means they would be more than 122, but as the scrimmage proved should not be ranked higher PP than Mt Sinai.

Now a true actuary will ask why would Ward Melville even come in high with points when their wins would only be against Sachem East and Whitman??

This goes to show many of the preseason ranking was BS and political. And please don't tell me it only matters at the end. I know when it matters, but power points is what gets you into the playoffs. It starts to matter now. In 10 days, next Saturday, 25% of the season is over. Don't blink!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Sect Xi made the right move and switch back to Stony Brook for the playoffs. Islip is okay but not the venue the Suffolk County championships should be at. St Joe's is better!!!!

It worked out well for them (Islip) last year, experiment failed for everyone else, now get it back to a college campus. get it back to Stony Brook.

There could be a clinic early in the day (on the grounds) for MS kids and then they can come watch the games.

Who is in charge of that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look out for West Islip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my rant for the week. Nice an early season rankings are great and some say meaningless but when it does matters later you know where Im coming from.

I know early in the season, but power points are already messed up. How can a team an 0-2 team be ahead of a team 1-0.

Harborfields (1-0, Whitman) and Kings Park should be ranked over BBBP. (0-2, Riverhead and Sachem North) and East Islip (0-2),
and hey he's a shout out to Middle Country (although I hate combined schools, where is a brick and mortar MC anyways) but why isn't Middle Country (2-0) over Whitman (0-2) or Floyd (0-1)

Now points wise why is

Don't get me started with Smithtown West. yes, you lost to a non conference powerhouse but you lost, you shouldn't start as the #1. Here again is where the points should mean something. Mt Sinia with only 123, you know when Ward Melville comes into the ranking they will be #1 which means they would be more than 122, but as the scrimmage proved should not be ranked higher PP than Mt Sinai.

Now a true actuary will ask why would Ward Melville even come in high with points when their wins would only be against Sachem East and Whitman??

This goes to show many of the preseason ranking was BS and political. And please don't tell me it only matters at the end. I know when it matters, but power points is what gets you into the playoffs. It starts to matter now. In 10 days, next Saturday, 25% of the season is over. Don't blink!

OK. I'm gonna help this guy out, the current rankings you see on Section XI have nothing to do with the games played so far. They are the preseason ranking points added to the teams. Preseason points help get rid of sandbagging teams. Plus only division games count to these points. So, Riverhead beating BBP does 0 for Riverhead. BBP is not ahead of Riverhead, they are not even in the same division. BBP has more points becasue they were a higher preseason seed, in their division, then Sachem and Riverhead, in their respective division. thats it!!!! No games played have had an effect on rankings or points. If you notice, some teams are not even listed, because they have not had games yet

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look out for West Islip

Why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NON League games Do Not figure in to power points. League games only

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now points wise why is

OK. I'm gonna help this guy out, the current rankings you see on Section XI have nothing to do with the games played so far. They are the preseason ranking points added to the teams. Preseason points help get rid of sandbagging teams. Plus only division games count to these points. So, Riverhead beating BBP does 0 for Riverhead. BBP is not ahead of Riverhead, they are not even in the same division. BBP has more points becasue they were a higher preseason seed, in their division, then Sachem and Riverhead, in their respective division. thats it!!!! No games played have had an effect on rankings or points. If you notice, some teams are not even listed, because they have not had games yet

Exactly the point. Preseason ranking are bull. But I'll entertain this further. If as you say, games played doesn't have an impact, because they are non league, then why not list teams that havnt played. There should be some relationship between the divisions and the rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Look out for West Islip"

Saw them live last Saturday. Unimpressed. They were handled...where was that vaunted attack?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount is classified as a "C" school, that makes them a C school. You could fit the whole school in a wing of WM. Yes, it was a scrimmage, but they looked FAR better than WM; would you not agree??? That is all that I'm saying. WM may fulfill its manifest destiny, but they have a long way to go, no? Just showing up in the bus with your swag won't get it done.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now points wise why is

Exactly the point. Preseason ranking are bull. But I'll entertain this further. If as you say, games played doesn't have an impact, because they are non league, then why not list teams that havnt played. There should be some relationship between the divisions and the rankings

Power points are for playoffs only. If NL games figured into them you would only play the worse teams out there and get easy wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC is not all that deep.....you will see next year. 2020 class is a disaster.

What a ridiculous thing to write at the start of 2019 season.

Don't have to wait for next year......only two juniors go on the field this year.

The seniors are excellent why play a junior? Group of boys won state championship in lacrosse and football LIC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount is classified as a "C" school, that makes them a C school. You could fit the whole school in a wing of WM. Yes, it was a scrimmage, but they looked FAR better than WM; would you not agree??? That is all that I'm saying. WM may fulfill its manifest destiny, but they have a long way to go, no? Just showing up in the bus with your swag won't get it done.

First it was "prognosticated". Now it's "manifest destiny". Guy, please stop. This is a lacrosse forum, not history class. And move back to your real town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not "just" a scrimmage, but a scrimmage against a team picked by experts to be the 2nd best in the country. Clearly they aren't there yet as they got handled in every facet of the game by a "C" school. Yes, June is what matters but clearly any observer would walk away from viewing this saying Mount Sinai can play, with anyone...and maybe Suffolk A is more open than people have prognosticated for this season.

WM is a shell of what it was, waaaay overrated. The Inside Lacrosse article is an embarrassment, and will be a dagger to burry them. Agree that Suffolk A is wide open. Although there is isolated talent on some teams, nobody has a complete team. Will be interesting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a good site to track games , games schedule like the website that’s not around Laxpower. I’m totally lost now with Hs Lax .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM is a shell of what it was, waaaay overrated. The Inside Lacrosse article is an embarrassment, and will be a dagger to burry them. Agree that Suffolk A is wide open. Although there is isolated talent on some teams, nobody has a complete team. Will be interesting!

Your post shows that WM is doing something right. After all, who hates on the unsuccessful? I'm not sure if you are saying that the author of the article should be embarrassed, or the players, or the entire WM community at large, or maybe all of the above. I'm willing to bet that the players didn't petition IL to come write an article about them. And I'm also willing to bet that if IL told your program they wanted to feature them in their magazine, your program wouldn't turn it down - just spit-balling on that one. Also, in case you haven't noticed, WM has won a couple of championships lately, so there is already a target on their back to begin with (if not, there should be!). Agreed, the article doesn't make it any easier for them, but they get everybody's best game, year in and year out and have to step up to that challenge - you should at least have enough humility to realize that, but probably not. If you read the piece (and i assume you did) you would know it was more about the program in general, its origins, and how it has managed to sustain success in an atmosphere of private and prep schools that are essentially lacrosse all-star teams (Catholics included) and not necessarily a piece about how great this year's team will be. They (WM) are returning 6 starters from last year (1 is injured right now), including 2 kids that have started since 2016. So you can understand the lofty predictions, which may or may not be accurate - but isn't that why championships aren't given out in the pre-season? Suffolk A is not wide open, but the top spot will definitely be within reach of more teams this year than usual. And WM definitely has more holes to fill than they usually do, but I wouldn't want to play them by the time they reach the playoffs (unless you are so biased to think they are so bad that they wont make the playoffs!). There will be bumps in the road for this team - yes- but i wouldn't be eulogizing them just yet over a scrimmage loss to an excellent, well-coach lacrosse team, regardless of class or division. That MS team is in mid-season form and has definitely put in time together in the off-season. They will be a terrific team this year - no question (psst - here's a secret, MS and/or SWR have beaten WM in scrimmages in prior years too and it worked out fine for WM in the end). If you are from MS, show some humility, act like you have been there before and hope you stay healthy; you should have a great year. And even though you didn't mention it in your post, others always bring it up when hating and denying credit - yes WM is a big district, but demographics matter more than population. And if you know anything about the district, you would know that like many other districts, enrollment is down and the shifting demographic is not lacrosse -favorable (I will leave it there lest the PC police come to get me). So just saying "they are a huge district and should win every year" is nonsense. Lacrosse is pretty popular on most of LI, last time I checked, and a lot of kids have access to travel ball regardless of district. Lastly, if you are an opponent of theirs...
Thanks for the bulletin board material!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a good site to track games , games schedule like the website that’s not around Laxpower. I’m totally lost now with Hs Lax .

Don't worry, if you are lost you will fit right in on this site. Have you read the posts from some of these people? Clearly they are lost.

I believe BOTC is tracking game scores : )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Signed,
Sensitive in Setauket

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"First it was "prognosticated". Now it's "manifest destiny". Guy, please stop. This is a lacrosse forum, not history class. And move back to your real town."

Nice deflection...now, YOU get back to your beat, delivery route or waiting for a fire to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post shows that WM is doing something right. After all, who hates on the unsuccessful? I'm not sure if you are saying that the author of the article should be embarrassed, or the players, or the entire WM community at large, or maybe all of the above. I'm willing to bet that the players didn't petition IL to come write an article about them. And I'm also willing to bet that if IL told your program they wanted to feature them in their magazine, your program wouldn't turn it down - just spit-balling on that one. Also, in case you haven't noticed, WM has won a couple of championships lately, so there is already a target on their back to begin with (if not, there should be!). Agreed, the article doesn't make it any easier for them, but they get everybody's best game, year in and year out and have to step up to that challenge - you should at least have enough humility to realize that, but probably not. If you read the piece (and i assume you did) you would know it was more about the program in general, its origins, and how it has managed to sustain success in an atmosphere of private and prep schools that are essentially lacrosse all-star teams (Catholics included) and not necessarily a piece about how great this year's team will be. They (WM) are returning 6 starters from last year (1 is injured right now), including 2 kids that have started since 2016. So you can understand the lofty predictions, which may or may not be accurate - but isn't that why championships aren't given out in the pre-season? Suffolk A is not wide open, but the top spot will definitely be within reach of more teams this year than usual. And WM definitely has more holes to fill than they usually do, but I wouldn't want to play them by the time they reach the playoffs (unless you are so biased to think they are so bad that they wont make the playoffs!). There will be bumps in the road for this team - yes- but i wouldn't be eulogizing them just yet over a scrimmage loss to an excellent, well-coach lacrosse team, regardless of class or division. That MS team is in mid-season form and has definitely put in time together in the off-season. They will be a terrific team this year - no question (psst - here's a secret, MS and/or SWR have beaten WM in scrimmages in prior years too and it worked out fine for WM in the end). If you are from MS, show some humility, act like you have been there before and hope you stay healthy; you should have a great year. And even though you didn't mention it in your post, others always bring it up when hating and denying credit - yes WM is a big district, but demographics matter more than population. And if you know anything about the district, you would know that like many other districts, enrollment is down and the shifting demographic is not lacrosse -favorable (I will leave it there lest the PC police come to get me). So just saying "they are a huge district and should win every year" is nonsense. Lacrosse is pretty popular on most of LI, last time I checked, and a lot of kids have access to travel ball regardless of district. Lastly, if you are an opponent of theirs...

Probably the best response I've ever read on this site. Thoughtful, well written and objective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry, if you are lost you will fit right in on this site. Have you read the posts from some of these people? Clearly they are lost.

I believe BOTC is tracking game scores : )

Thank You ; )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you, well said.

Success brings the haters out. They are jealous of individual players as well as successful programs. Am I correct that these lunatics are pounding their chests after a scrimmage? Are they calling out the current players because of an article written about the history of the program? Oh boy, these people are sick. I was unaware of the fact that Mt. Sinai had a boy's program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you, well said.

Success brings the haters out. They are jealous of individual players as well as successful programs. Am I correct that these lunatics are pounding their chests after a scrimmage? Are they calling out the current players because of an article written about the history of the program? Oh boy, these people are sick. I was unaware of the fact that Mt. Sinai had a boy's program.

Maybe Mt. S is afraid they will crap the bed again liked they did last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you, well said.

Maybe Mt. S is afraid they will crap the bed again liked they did last year?

Listen to you clowns "my sons team is better than your sons " WHO cares. WM, MTS, SWR WI Islip COms Smithowns Are all great programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH pulls it out in OT. From what I saw, they were better than Syo..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, way better that is why the game went to OT. Thanks for the insightful comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Friars v Ward Melville scrimmage go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, way better that is why the game went to OT. Thanks for the insightful comment.

Saw syo in a scrimmage they were not good. If thats case chs is not good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK A WIDE OPEN .... Let’s go WI ..bring it home

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any program that has parents that think like this guy will be successful.iYes it is that simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM wins a close one. Hmmmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A "W" is a "W" period!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City beats Pequa, more interesting is that GCs fogo beat Pequas Fogo. He has now beaten arguably the two best on LI. Looks like there’s a new sheriff in town!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City beats Pequa, more interesting is that GCs fogo beat Pequas Fogo. He has now beaten arguably the two best on LI. Looks like there’s a new sheriff in town!

GC kid is legit, no doubt. Anyone out there he can't beat? Chaminade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of good FO on Long Island. GC, Mass, CSH, Wantagh, smithtown. Lots of D1 talent. Wouldn’t be annointing GC FO top guy yet. He’s excellent don’t get me wrong. So far what I have seen Smithtown kid going to MD off to a great start and CSH kid beat up pequa kid albeit in a scrimmage. Lots of good match ups to come.
Any given day it’s about match up. All kids are excellent competitors but more importantly good kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Huntington jump above most teams after beating longwood. How does beating longwood give them 10-7 points. No way they were ranked over Connetquot or Riverhead. Since they hadnt played a conference game their 114ish pp should be their original rank. Then 1 win gives Huntington 120 pp.

Beating a lower/bottom tier team does not, should not, bolster your rank over top teir schools, who havnt any in conference schools. Who is in charge of the algorithm? Stickhead?

Let's see what happens when the new ranks with Fri/Sat games come out. Heck a one point loss to WM should SE more points. Northport Riverhead should both be over Hunt. Hunt should maybe only over Hhhe. Middle Country has got to be over them. Can't wait 'til the next release in points.

Northport why in the world would you schedule Riverhead on a Friday then Southside on the next day? back to back? That is just not fair to your boys. Why would you do that to them? Those are two of the islands top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it easy Dad. Didn't face all the best on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM wins a close one. Hmmmmmm

WM canceled the game against Chaminade on 4/06

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of good FO on Long Island. GC, Mass, CSH, Wantagh, smithtown. Lots of D1 talent. Wouldn’t be annointing GC FO top guy yet. He’s excellent don’t get me wrong. So far what I have seen Smithtown kid going to MD off to a great start and CSH kid beat up pequa kid albeit in a scrimmage. Lots of good match ups to come.
Any given day it’s about match up. All kids are excellent competitors but more importantly good kids

Do you realize the Massapequa FOGO was wrestling two weeks ago? Placed second in the state! Everyone else has been training FOs non-stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade, SA, SE and WM have to be mentioned too.

Like Reply Quote
Page 142 of 264 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard