BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree with your perspective on the importance of training however you're missing a few VERY key components. As I've tried to drill into my kids, Practice makes Permanent... not perfect. Who's training your kid or kids? If you're knowledgeable enough and have the time to do it yourself (3 to 5 days a week), congratulations! If you're not... are you paying a professional trainer? Because if you have a 4th, 5th or 6th grade kid who can train on their own at the level needed to get significantly better then WOW! That kid will be special. Otherwise you're spending more money on a personal trainer, or your kid isn't improving from JUST the training.

I know some "lower level" clubs and even town programs have some excellent coaches... but the reality of the matter is the better clubs have the better coaching. Additionally, when you surround yourself (or your kid in this instance) with better players, then the coach can demand more, push the kids harder and faster, etc... hence your kid is going to develop at the game faster, be better, and gets the better "training" at practice and in games. NOW, if you want your kid to be in the top 5%, then yes, you also need to do additional independent training in addition to learning and playing the game. But (personal opinion), to state that they ONLY need to train at the ages up to 6th grade seems a little obtuse. UNLESS, you are paying thousands of dollars on private training that incorporates sport specific training, etc. Which kind of defeats your point of paying thousands of dollars to play club...

Just another opinion smile

Only a very small handful of the top kids in 6th grade will remain the top kids by 9th grade. Puberty is a game changer and natural athletes rise to the top. Training can only take a player so far, then size and ability become to main factors of success.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I predict Express takes home the WSYL next year and 91 gets knocked out in a semi-final without making it to the ship. All other LI teams lose in pool play.

Express and Express North are the top teams right now, obviously. And the gap is fairly comfortable. But it's impossible to predict because 91 or Igloo or rebels, etc.. could, and very likely will, add 5-6 new players next year. They may be enough to change the landscape of the division. Unless Express does the same.

Everything will change for the WSYL next year. Almost no team will go with their regular roster. Completely separate WSYL try-outs. Clubs false create WSYL-only teams just for this tourney. They use all of the Fall babies from their older team, which this year would mean their '23 team, and next year it will be the '24's. They'll also grab kids (again usually Fall babies, ie younger holdbacks) from teams that aren't going, if they think they can help them. This practice was started and perfected by the Express organization. Now, almost every team does this, to one degree or another. They are all pick-up teams, so they really aren't "teams" at all. As far as I know, there is only one '24 team that is not doing this, meaning they are playing with the same team all year long, from Fall through the summer and the WSYL, and that's 91 Wolfpack. But that is literally the only team doing this. Coincidentally, they are the favorite to win this year. So when you think of "teams" that are going to compete for the WSYL next year, they are not teams as you know them today. They are pickup teams.

Actually,the first year, 2020 teams, was won by Crush. They played together forever. Then Legacy exploited the age loophole and won with their kids ‘20-‘21 team. Express did the same the next year and won with their ‘21-‘22 team. Last year, most teams took older kids except for the Bandit, who one with their normal team. With that being said, their are no teams from ‘24 down that are close to as dominant as Crush or Bandits. If teams want a real shot at winning, they will need to bring in the fall birthdays. I don’t know of any LI club that holds separate tryouts, though. Not yet. They do that in NJ and PA.

Completely false about Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I predict Express takes home the WSYL next year and 91 gets knocked out in a semi-final without making it to the ship. All other LI teams lose in pool play.

Express and Express North are the top teams right now, obviously. And the gap is fairly comfortable. But it's impossible to predict because 91 or Igloo or rebels, etc.. could, and very likely will, add 5-6 new players next year. They may be enough to change the landscape of the division. Unless Express does the same.

Everything will change for the WSYL next year. Almost no team will go with their regular roster. Completely separate WSYL try-outs. Clubs false create WSYL-only teams just for this tourney. They use all of the Fall babies from their older team, which this year would mean their '23 team, and next year it will be the '24's. They'll also grab kids (again usually Fall babies, ie younger holdbacks) from teams that aren't going, if they think they can help them. This practice was started and perfected by the Express organization. Now, almost every team does this, to one degree or another. They are all pick-up teams, so they really aren't "teams" at all. As far as I know, there is only one '24 team that is not doing this, meaning they are playing with the same team all year long, from Fall through the summer and the WSYL, and that's 91 Wolfpack. But that is literally the only team doing this. Coincidentally, they are the favorite to win this year. So when you think of "teams" that are going to compete for the WSYL next year, they are not teams as you know them today. They are pickup teams.

Actually,the first year, 2020 teams, was won by Crush. They played together forever. Then Legacy exploited the age loophole and won with their kids ‘20-‘21 team. Express did the same the next year and won with their ‘21-‘22 team. Last year, most teams took older kids except for the Bandit, who one with their normal team. With that being said, their are no teams from ‘24 down that are close to as dominant as Crush or Bandits. If teams want a real shot at winning, they will need to bring in the fall birthdays. I don’t know of any LI club that holds separate tryouts, though. Not yet. They do that in NJ and PA.

Funny, every time I've seen a Maryland team beat a long island team the excuse is that Maryland kids are all hold backs...... What's that saying about glass houses?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, every time I've seen a Maryland team beat a long island team the excuse is that Maryland kids are all hold backs...... What's that saying about glass houses?

Express CoachC wins the WSYL next year. The five other teams from the region will spend a combined 2 million dollars to go to Denver anyway. Parents are dumb and the whole business of youth lacrosse is built around that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% accurate about Express. Last year there were 22's and 23's. This year will be 23's and 24's. Next year there will be 24's and 25's. However, all teams are going to do that, 91 included. As a matter of fact, 91 did that with their team 2 years ago. They were mix of 22's and 21's. It's not a bad thing if that tournament is the most important one of your team's season. The issue comes into play when those teams are playing their older kids in spring and summer tourneys and are pretending that they're not grade based. That's flat out cheating and it's going to happen. 100%.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% accurate about Express. Last year there were 22's and 23's. This year will be 23's and 24's. Next year there will be 24's and 25's. However, all teams are going to do that, 91 included. As a matter of fact, 91 did that with their team 2 years ago. They were mix of 22's and 21's. It's not a bad thing if that tournament is the most important one of your team's season. The issue comes into play when those teams are playing their older kids in spring and summer tourneys and are pretending that they're not grade based. That's flat out cheating and it's going to happen. 100%.

Wrong. The 2022 team that won was the 2022 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with your perspective on the importance of training however you're missing a few VERY key components. As I've tried to drill into my kids, Practice makes Permanent... not perfect. Who's training your kid or kids? If you're knowledgeable enough and have the time to do it yourself (3 to 5 days a week), congratulations! If you're not... are you paying a professional trainer? Because if you have a 4th, 5th or 6th grade kid who can train on their own at the level needed to get significantly better then WOW! That kid will be special. Otherwise you're spending more money on a personal trainer, or your kid isn't improving from JUST the training.

I know some "lower level" clubs and even town programs have some excellent coaches... but the reality of the matter is the better clubs have the better coaching. Additionally, when you surround yourself (or your kid in this instance) with better players, then the coach can demand more, push the kids harder and faster, etc... hence your kid is going to develop at the game faster, be better, and gets the better "training" at practice and in games. NOW, if you want your kid to be in the top 5%, then yes, you also need to do additional independent training in addition to learning and playing the game. But (personal opinion), to state that they ONLY need to train at the ages up to 6th grade seems a little obtuse. UNLESS, you are paying thousands of dollars on private training that incorporates sport specific training, etc. Which kind of defeats your point of paying thousands of dollars to play club...

Just another opinion smile

Only a very small handful of the top kids in 6th grade will remain the top kids by 9th grade. Puberty is a game changer and natural athletes rise to the top. Training can only take a player so far, then size and ability become to main factors of success.

Natural athletes will always have a role, but when 8th grade hits, size rules all else. Guys, look in the mirror. If you're 5'4", your kid is probably peaking this year or next. Now look at your wife. If she is 5'1" or under, your kid has a very good chance of being tiny and, again, probably at the height of his game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Express O'Reilly really started the tournament season with lackluster performance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone north of Philadelphia going to challenge Express CoachC this year? Express North probably has the best shot. Not sure 91 is keeping pace. Did anyone else improve much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone north of Philadelphia going to challenge Express CoachC this year? Express North probably has the best shot. Not sure 91 is keeping pace. Did anyone else improve much?

Geese will be right there with them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Express O'Reilly really started the tournament season with lackluster performance

Didn't know a money grab team had such high expectations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it's early, but what do we think the teams look like this preseason?

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

Rebels still looking for players... likely not contenders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

Rebels still looking for players... likely not contenders

Are Geese still looking for coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O'Reilly is a good coach and will make his players better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"O'Reilly is a good coach and will make his players better."

STOP. Daddy ball at it's best. Total meathead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's a good coach - MEH... I Can't believe with all that coaching talent Express has they cannot train up these kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I know it's early, but what do we think the teams look like this preseason?

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

Please explain how Express North is ranked so high? What is the rational? Did they beat CoachC last year? Please explain your thought process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's a good coach - MEH... I Can't believe with all that coaching talent Express has they cannot train up these kids.

With the level of talent he has had in the last couple of years, it is what it is. Money grab? Isn't all of this a money grab?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I know it's early, but what do we think the teams look like this preseason?

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

Please explain how Express North is ranked so high? What is the rational? Did they beat CoachC last year? Please explain your thought process.

Someone's drinking the Express cool aid, north is average at best. rebels still needs players, S2S won't be a competitor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

North did not beat Express CoachC. Not sure why they would be ranked higher than 91. 91 beat CoachC last year. And I’m pretty sure 91 beat North, too. North did beat 91, but I think it was in the fall. So I don’t think the separation is as significant as you would like to believe. But all will be answered soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

Someone's drinking the Express cool aid, north is average at best. rebels still needs players, S2S won't be a competitor.

-----------------------------------

In another month all these teams will battle it out on the field at Blatant. I am sure many of the teams have improved, depth is the question. I guess the only team that wont be there is 91, go figure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure 91 will be at Blatant. Go figure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True blue is better then s2s and rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure they wont since theyre not registered

https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...ivision=h2018110214420002728112867542046

Every other team is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

Shammy (pun) will load his team with "age eligible" 2025's to showcase for WSYL and win it all. If the rest of the clubs follow suit, shame on them, too. It's bad enough the kids stress every year about making clubs they played with for years. Now they have to worry about older kids taking their spot so the clubs can brag about their WSYL placing. It's a shame that development of team play has taken a back seat to travelling all stars for profit. Yes we're bitter. I thought we were role players on a loyal club until a bunch of coaches kids friends moved in and took our spot. Same club that preached commitment are the ones that have players show 1/2 the practices and still start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're great if you like your head coach cursing at the refs and getting kicked out/ Not to mention allowing his kids give cheap shots then when they get trucked cleanly he's got an issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

Shammy (pun) will load his team with "age eligible" 2025's to showcase for WSYL and win it all. If the rest of the clubs follow suit, shame on them, too. It's bad enough the kids stress every year about making clubs they played with for years. Now they have to worry about older kids taking their spot so the clubs can brag about their WSYL placing. It's a shame that development of team play has taken a back seat to travelling all stars for profit. Yes we're bitter. I thought we were role players on a loyal club until a bunch of coaches kids friends moved in and took our spot. Same club that preached commitment are the ones that have players show 1/2 the practices and still start.

This is a serious question.....why do you stay? He only cares about winning. And it seems as If a lot of the parents also only care about winning. Why don’t you try out for another team? I wish you good luck. No one wants to devote the time and money to be disappointed and angry. Maybe the grass actually is greener in this instance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express CoachC
Express North
91?
Igloo?
rebels?
S2S?

This is a serious question.....why do you stay? He only cares about winning. And it seems as If a lot of the parents also only care about winning. Why don’t you try out for another team? I wish you good luck. No one wants to devote the time and money to be disappointed and angry. Maybe the grass actually is greener in this instance.

NEWSFLASH. It will happen with all clubs. They'll claim they're playing by the rules. All the rosters will turn over and 8th graders will be playing with 7th. As for the commitment comment every club has their "all stars" who show up sometimes and still start. If your kid is happy let it go. If not move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're great if you like your head coach cursing at the refs and getting kicked out/ Not to mention allowing his kids give cheap shots then when they get trucked cleanly he's got an issue.

Same comment comes out every year. True Blue is better than [insert team name here]
Let's save the entire forum the TB commentary. Here is how the season will go:
- TB will win their first tournament or 2 because they will go into B tourneys (or their own) against weak competition
- TB will get beat down when they try to play decent competition
- TB will then close out the season with another weak tourney to win so they can show the helicopter dads can feel good that little johnny is a winner again. Will immediately run home and sign up for next season tryouts

I give TB credit for at least stepping up and trying to play against stronger competition, but they just aren't at that level so stop with the narrative

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 91 just registered for Blatant Spring Jam per tourney machine. Great field of teams. Should be a fun tourney, especially with no travel off L.I. !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 91 just registered for Blatant Spring Jam per tourney machine. Great field of teams. Should be a fun tourney, especially with no travel off L.I. !

Why are Geese in the A bracket?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real question is why is RECON in the A bracket ????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express CoachC playing in 2024 A?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that since the tournament is 7 weeks away, the brackets aren't set

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come back to 2025 A, Chan! Will be a great weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like CoachC doesn't want to play a certain team.. He coundn't be worried could he. His hold backs blow away all teams in 2025!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like CoachC doesn't want to play a certain team.. He coundn't be worried could he. His hold backs blow away all teams in 2025!!

No competion in 2025 for Express. Isn't it obvious by now? Why should Express continue beating the same teams over and over and over again ... enjoy the t-shirt. It's a gift.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No competion in 2025 for Express. Isn't it obvious by now? Why should Express continue beating the same teams over and over and over again ... enjoy the t-shirt. It's a gift.

You lost to 91 last summer and then in box this winter. They haven’t beaten that team over and over and over. And before you even say it.....yes, box is different, your top players weren’t there, blah blah blah. Save it until you beat 91 in a tourney.

Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard