Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St Paul's should move to # 2 on that list. NDP should move to #5

Based on what?

Based on the fact that St. Paul's has the best sophomore class in the country.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #281542 03/19/19 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh dominate again. Will the dynasty ever die. 18-9 over American Heritage.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #281543 03/19/19 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering St Pauls just beat Bishop Ireton - ranked nationally # 3. Ranked MidAtlantic #2

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #281547 03/19/19 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering St Pauls just beat Bishop Ireton - ranked nationally # 3. Ranked MidAtlantic #2

St Pauls should be 3 in the bmore area. Glenelg Country is over ranked. They lost to some team from GA yesterday

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #281583 03/20/19 08:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi. Just posting here because some may have seen this before when their girls were younger. My daughter will be in high school in 2 years.
Has this ever happened or is this a thing?
My daughter plays club. Another friend from school plays club as well. They don’t see each other as much since they go to different schools now.

Not to overload you with details but as moms we used to share info like what camps are good vs waste of money etc. Now as middle schoolers it seems people are holding onto info more tightly and not sharing as much. We did a random camp this summer and this friend shows up where In the old days I would have heard about it from her mom but not anymore. I don’t think her mom wants her daughter playing with my daughter. Sounds weird bc they used to be good buddies from an old team. Just wondering if this sounds common or normal.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #281601 03/20/19 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi. Just posting here because some may have seen this before when their girls were younger. My daughter will be in high school in 2 years.
Has this ever happened or is this a thing?
My daughter plays club. Another friend from school plays club as well. They don’t see each other as much since they go to different schools now.

Not to overload you with details but as moms we used to share info like what camps are good vs waste of money etc. Now as middle schoolers it seems people are holding onto info more tightly and not sharing as much. We did a random camp this summer and this friend shows up where In the old days I would have heard about it from her mom but not anymore. I don’t think her mom wants her daughter playing with my daughter. Sounds weird bc they used to be good buddies from an old team. Just wondering if this sounds common or normal.

The mom is also not telling you that she is paying money for her daughter to work with a personal trainer and a separate lax trainer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #281688 03/21/19 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes ... this happens. But no it's not normal. Parents do not tell their friends and other parents from their teams about camps, leagues, training, out of club tournaments. Who knows why - probably to give their daughter a leg up.

When I played youth soccer our coach told every player and parents about every opportunity he heard of for extra play and arranged for us to do a couple things together. He wanted everyone on the team to get better - not just his daughter. It's not that way anymore

There are parents (one is particularly egregious) who take 1/2 of their club team and play in tournaments, camps, leagues, etc. and completely exclude the other girls on the team. No actually - its a group of parents. They're not playing in club sponsored activities so no one can actually stop them but you would think common decency would stop it. And they'd NEVER let that happen to their own children but that's the new normal. Worry about what benefits & advances your child and maybe a select few others . For all others - well too bad for them.

It will only get worse when your daughter gets to high school and the competition for things like looks from colleges/under armour, all american, and nike teams/write ups in the papers/spots on varsity & JV/ etc.

Use a forum like this to ask about certain camps. You'll probably get a better answer from anonymous parents on here who aren't worried about your kid outshining theirs

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #281701 03/21/19 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes ... this happens. But no it's not normal. Parents do not tell their friends and other parents from their teams about camps, leagues, training, out of club tournaments. Who knows why - probably to give their daughter a leg up.

When I played youth soccer our coach told every player and parents about every opportunity he heard of for extra play and arranged for us to do a couple things together. He wanted everyone on the team to get better - not just his daughter. It's not that way anymore

There are parents (one is particularly egregious) who take 1/2 of their club team and play in tournaments, camps, leagues, etc. and completely exclude the other girls on the team. No actually - its a group of parents. They're not playing in club sponsored activities so no one can actually stop them but you would think common decency would stop it. And they'd NEVER let that happen to their own children but that's the new normal. Worry about what benefits & advances your child and maybe a select few others . For all others - well too bad for them.

It will only get worse when your daughter gets to high school and the competition for things like looks from colleges/under armour, all american, and nike teams/write ups in the papers/spots on varsity & JV/ etc.

Use a forum like this to ask about certain camps. You'll probably get a better answer from anonymous parents on here who aren't worried about your kid outshining theirs

All of the camps, tournaments, UA sponsored events are all on the internet. All you need to do is search for it. I did not need any other parent to tell me about one of these events. I researched them and figured out which ones were worth paying for. Do not be dependent on others when all that is needed is a little research effort.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #281752 03/22/19 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh the fat man strikes again

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #281761 03/22/19 12:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah yes, the "if everyone can't do it then no one should be able to do it" thought process. Does everyone on the team have to be friends all the time? It sounds like they are excluding some but not all. Maybe you can take the reins and your own time and efforts and organize a few things and someone will reciprocate for you.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #281859 03/24/19 02:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All these camps, 7v7's, etc are on the schools website. Some parents research these things and some don't. It's not someone else's job to make sure your daughter attends certain events. 7v7s and things like that have a limited allowed roster size. Yes certain players like playing together in these things. Doesn't mean they are excluding others but usually girls prefer to play with the girls they are closer to. Put another team together if your daughter wants to go and she wasn't asked to be on a team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #281861 03/24/19 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh the fat man strikes again

Who is the fat man? M&D goalie dad?