BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 52 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 51 52
Re: 2018-2019 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Apparently the girl has received more attention and accolades than your daughter and it drives you crazy. Only know nothing stunands like you worry about the box score. How many college coaches would take your daughter over the girl being discussed? Zero, that is how many. They did not recruit your daughter over her in HS and they would not take her now. BTW, if your daughter is not the same year you can look at last years class... The #1 recruit in the country went to UNC and her "Box scores" were not all that impressive. I think she had 20 goals her senior year. The coaches at the top programs and people who understand the game and team sports in general know what makes a great player. You are a know nothing as well as a coward. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

While I agree with what you are saying in general what the heck are you talking about with the UNC player ? What yearb

The #1 recruit in the HS graduating class of 2018 (last year) is similar to the USC player. Freshman at UNC. Not a big goal scorer but recognized by the top college coaches, IL, UA etc... as the top player in the class. Maybe 20 goals as a senior in HS yet anyone who knows the game will take her over just about every other player.

Got it, yes that kid is a heck of a player and any coach would be happy to have her. That said those rankings in general are useless and very political. No i am not some parent who thinks my kid deserved more accolades as she got plenty its just i think there are so many players that could easily be recognized as top 50 players or top 20 but are not for so many different reasons. My daughter was gererally selected as a top 5 recruit thru the years and honestly there were 5-6 kids on her travel team that just as easily could have been selected for that. Is what it is but i am not a fan of those lists depends alot on where you committed , how much pull your club director , your high school coach has and if you are on inside lacrosses list and alot of other factors that have nothing to do with your ability.

So, your daughter was regarded as one of the Top 5 recruits in her age group for several years? There were 5 or 6 on her club team that could have easily been considered to be one of the 5 or 6 best players in the country? Really? You believe that there are "so many players" that could be recognized as Top 50 or Top 20 players? No, there are not. There are not many players who can be considered Top 50 and there are even less that can be considered Top 20. I laugh every time I hear this nonsense.

There is not parity in the sport of women's lacrosse. There is not a plethora of talent. Why do you think the same teams are the strongest every year? There is not enough talent to go around. Sorry it is what it is. If there was an abundance of talent, if there were so many players that were just as good as the top 50 we would see teams like Columbia, Conneticut and Cornell beating Carolina. We would see Marist, Mercer and Monmouth beating Maryland. It doesn't happen because there are not 200, 300, 400 or 500 players that could be considered Top 50.

The reason we are not seeing more second tier teams beating the top teams is because they do not get the top players. As the sport continues to grow we will see a few more teams move into that top tier but for now the talent just isn't there. If those player ranking were all BS and political then the handful of teams that bring in the majority of those top 50 players would not be as dominant as they are.

Apuzzo was ranked 18th...Lists are trash...now go sit down

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES GET OVER IT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently the girl has received more attention and accolades than your daughter and it drives you crazy. Only know nothing stunands like you worry about the box score. How many college coaches would take your daughter over the girl being discussed? Zero, that is how many. They did not recruit your daughter over her in HS and they would not take her now. BTW, if your daughter is not the same year you can look at last years class... The #1 recruit in the country went to UNC and her "Box scores" were not all that impressive. I think she had 20 goals her senior year. The coaches at the top programs and people who understand the game and team sports in general know what makes a great player. You are a know nothing as well as a coward. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

While I agree with what you are saying in general what the heck are you talking about with the UNC player ? What yearb

The #1 recruit in the HS graduating class of 2018 (last year) is similar to the USC player. Freshman at UNC. Not a big goal scorer but recognized by the top college coaches, IL, UA etc... as the top player in the class. Maybe 20 goals as a senior in HS yet anyone who knows the game will take her over just about every other player.

Got it, yes that kid is a heck of a player and any coach would be happy to have her. That said those rankings in general are useless and very political. No i am not some parent who thinks my kid deserved more accolades as she got plenty its just i think there are so many players that could easily be recognized as top 50 players or top 20 but are not for so many different reasons. My daughter was gererally selected as a top 5 recruit thru the years and honestly there were 5-6 kids on her travel team that just as easily could have been selected for that. Is what it is but i am not a fan of those lists depends alot on where you committed , how much pull your club director , your high school coach has and if you are on inside lacrosses list and alot of other factors that have nothing to do with your ability.

So, your daughter was regarded as one of the Top 5 recruits in her age group for several years? There were 5 or 6 on her club team that could have easily been considered to be one of the 5 or 6 best players in the country? Really? You believe that there are "so many players" that could be recognized as Top 50 or Top 20 players? No, there are not. There are not many players who can be considered Top 50 and there are even less that can be considered Top 20. I laugh every time I hear this nonsense.

There is not parity in the sport of women's lacrosse. There is not a plethora of talent. Why do you think the same teams are the strongest every year? There is not enough talent to go around. Sorry it is what it is. If there was an abundance of talent, if there were so many players that were just as good as the top 50 we would see teams like Columbia, Conneticut and Cornell beating Carolina. We would see Marist, Mercer and Monmouth beating Maryland. It doesn't happen because there are not 200, 300, 400 or 500 players that could be considered Top 50.

The reason we are not seeing more second tier teams beating the top teams is because they do not get the top players. As the sport continues to grow we will see a few more teams move into that top tier but for now the talent just isn't there. If those player ranking were all BS and political then the handful of teams that bring in the majority of those top 50 players would not be as dominant as they are.

Yes, I guess there were a lot of players not ranked in the Top 50 that could have been ranked ahead of her. And she went to one of the top programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the lists are trash. My daughter was not ranked and she is better than the players on the lists. None of the top programs made offers but that is only because the coaches get it wrong all of the time. The lists are all BS and political and that is why programs that do not get any of those players are always in the Top 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I guess there were a lot of players not ranked in the Top 50 that could have been ranked ahead of her. And she went to one of the top programs.

Folks, those rankings are just opinions. Every kid is different. Coaches see what they see in the kids. They don't care about what US Lacrosse ranks them. Both the USC player and the BC player are top notch talents. One plays attack, the other plays middie. They have different responsibilities and their coaches have different expectations for them both. I was able to watch both play in HS and now in college. Their games have taken on different paths from each other and from where they were in HS. They are both at top level institutions and are receiving top level educations. They are both good kids. I wish them well and for what it's worth, I'm gonna miss watching them play when their college runs end.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apuzzo for Teewaraton!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Folks, those rankings are just opinions. Every kid is different. Coaches see what they see in the kids. They don't care about what US Lacrosse ranks them. Both the USC player and the BC player are top notch talents. One plays attack, the other plays middie. They have different responsibilities and their coaches have different expectations for them both. I was able to watch both play in HS and now in college. Their games have taken on different paths from each other and from where they were in HS. They are both at top level institutions and are receiving top level educations. They are both good kids. I wish them well and for what it's worth, I'm gonna miss watching them play when their college runs end"

Somehow you have managed to bring two entirely different discussions by I suspect 4 different sides into one post. While I agree that both are excellent players comparing anyone to S Apuzzo at this point is not fair to that person. To the poster who thinks the rankings are never wrong I think the point about Sam does indicate that yes there are multiple players that easily could be ranked top 5 such as a Sam Apuzzo but were not for a multitude of reasons and yes Sam was that good in high school. When you expand it to the top 50 there are probably 150 kids that could be included in that group. Yes parents always think their kid is lower on that list than they should be and if you have tried out and never made those all star teams, did not get interest from top 20 schools or were offered below 50 % cost of attendance from every top 20 program there is a good chance your kid does not belong on the top 50.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason Apuzzo was not ranked top 5 is she doesn’t have blond hair and blue eyes her actions spoke louder than her looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason Apuzzo was not ranked top 5 is she doesn’t have blond hair and blue eyes her actions spoke louder than her looks.

Haha. Or she had a nagging leg issue. She did fine and I'm sure her, her parents and BC staff could not care less about where she was ranked or why....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Folks, those rankings are just opinions. Every kid is different. Coaches see what they see in the kids. They don't care about what US Lacrosse ranks them. Both the USC player and the BC player are top notch talents. One plays attack, the other plays middie. They have different responsibilities and their coaches have different expectations for them both. I was able to watch both play in HS and now in college. Their games have taken on different paths from each other and from where they were in HS. They are both at top level institutions and are receiving top level educations. They are both good kids. I wish them well and for what it's worth, I'm gonna miss watching them play when their college runs end"

Somehow you have managed to bring two entirely different discussions by I suspect 4 different sides into one post. While I agree that both are excellent players comparing anyone to S Apuzzo at this point is not fair to that person. To the poster who thinks the rankings are never wrong I think the point about Sam does indicate that yes there are multiple players that easily could be ranked top 5 such as a Sam Apuzzo but were not for a multitude of reasons and yes Sam was that good in high school. When you expand it to the top 50 there are probably 150 kids that could be included in that group. Yes parents always think their kid is lower on that list than they should be and if you have tried out and never made those all star teams, did not get interest from top 20 schools or were offered below 50 % cost of attendance from every top 20 program there is a good chance your kid does not belong on the top 50.

Nobody on hear has ever said that the lists are never wrong. Nobody has ever said that the lists are exact. What has been posted many times is that the rankings, lists, teams etc... are all BS and political. This topic is almost alway brought up by a disgruntled or jealous parent of a player who was not ranked or selected to a team. I have also seen individual players attacked by anonymous cowards. 150 is probably a bit of a stretch, there just is not that much parity.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan is the new Stony Brook. 10 - 0 ranked in the Top 10 and they do not have a win vs a quality team. They have not even played a quality (top 20) opponent. Towson and Penn State are good programs but they are each having an off year. Good for Michigan, they should make The Tournament. Will The B1G have two or three teams in the NCAA's? I don't think The B1G gets four. How about the ACC? How many teams make it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan is the new Stony Brook. 10 - 0 ranked in the Top 10 and they do not have a win vs a quality team. They have not even played a quality (top 20) opponent. Towson and Penn State are good programs but they are each having an off year. Good for Michigan, they should make The Tournament. Will The B1G have two or three teams in the NCAA's? I don't think The B1G gets four. How about the ACC? How many teams make it?

Big ten has one automatic MD then several probable NW, Michigan,Hopkins depending on how they finish out the season with PSU possible but they are going to need some big wins.
ACC has 3 automatic UNC, BC, Cuse then almost Automatic ND,UVA, then probable Duke and possible Va Tech.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Michigan has played and beaten Cal, UC Davis, Central Michigan, Dartmouth (#25), Colorado (#14), Denver (#9), Cincinnati, Kent State, Towson (#25), Penn State (#19). They have 7 games remaining. OSU, Niagra, Hopkins (#14 and dropping), Maryland (#2), Rutgers, Northwestern, and Detroit Mercy.. If they go 4-3 in the remaining games. That is games against 8 ranked opponents, they will make B10 tournament and may end up w/ NCAA bid.

I see B10 w/ four bids. MD, Northwestern, Michigan and Hopkins.

ACC will definitely get four. BC, Cuse, UVA, Duke. ND (weak schedule) and VATech are a ? They have to win a few ACC games. VATech loss to Colorado and USC didn't help them and ND playing a horrible non-conference slate hurts them as well..

16 Conference bids. (Florida and Stony Brook top 20 teams that stand alone in their conferences) Interested in how the selection committee sees the ret of the field. Georgetown/Denver from Big East. Penn, Princeton, Dartmouth Cornell from IVY, Navy/Loyola from Patriot. USC, Colorado and Stanford from Pac 12.

Still a lot of Lax left in the season. Conference play will thin the herd a bit. Should be a fun April!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Womens Division I Poll 3-18-2019

Rank Institution Points FPV Record Last Poll
1 Boston College 625 25 9-0 1
2 Maryland 600 0 8-0 2
3 North Carolina 573 0 7-1 3
4 Syracuse 552 0 8-2 4
5 Northwestern 497 0 5-3 6
6 Penn 470 0 7-1 8
7 James Madison 469 0 7-1 7
8 Virginia 446 0 7-3 5
9 Princeton 442 0 4-1 9
10 Michigan 401 0 10-0 12
11 Loyola 370 0 4-3 10
12 Notre Dame 344 0 8-0 20
13 Duke 312 0 6-2 15
14 Navy (USNA) 309 0 6-2 13
15 Denver 272 0 7-2 11
16 Florida 243 0 3-5 16
17 Stony Brook 201 0 4-3 17
18 Johns Hopkins 176 0 6-2 14
19 Stanford 161 0 6-2 18
20 Southern California 150 0 8-1 22
21 Virginia Tech 133 0 6-4 24
22 Georgetown 105 0 5-3 21
23 Penn State 104 0 4-4 19
24 High Point 88 0 4-4 25
25 Colorado 62 0 4-4 23

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Michigan has played and beaten Cal, UC Davis, Central Michigan, Dartmouth (#25), Colorado (#14), Denver (#9), Cincinnati, Kent State, Towson (#25), Penn State (#19). They have 7 games remaining. OSU, Niagra, Hopkins (#14 and dropping), Maryland (#2), Rutgers, Northwestern, and Detroit Mercy.. If they go 4-3 in the remaining games. That is games against 8 ranked opponents, they will make B10 tournament and may end up w/ NCAA bid.

I see B10 w/ four bids. MD, Northwestern, Michigan and Hopkins.

ACC will definitely get four. BC, Cuse, UVA, Duke. ND (weak schedule) and VATech are a ? They have to win a few ACC games. VATech loss to Colorado and USC didn't help them and ND playing a horrible non-conference slate hurts them as well..

16 Conference bids. (Florida and Stony Brook top 20 teams that stand alone in their conferences) Interested in how the selection committee sees the ret of the field. Georgetown/Denver from Big East. Penn, Princeton, Dartmouth Cornell from IVY, Navy/Loyola from Patriot. USC, Colorado and Stanford from Pac 12.

Still a lot of Lax left in the season. Conference play will thin the herd a bit. Should be a fun April!

In your ACC you left out UNC and ND just beat UVA . Duke plays a weak non conference schedule as well so will need to win some games in conference. ACC is easily the most deep conference there is.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Womens Division II Poll 3-18-2019

1 Le Moyne 625 25 5-0 1
2 Adelphi 600 0 5-0 2
3 Florida Southern 571 0 7-1 3
4 West Chester 550 0 3-1 4
5 Lindenwood (MO) 523 0 7-0 5
6 Rollins 451 0 8-0 7
7 Regis (Colorado) 441 0 6-0 8
8 East Stroudsburg 434 0 4-2 9
9 LIU Post 401 0 4-2 6
10 Tampa 356 0 6-2 10
11 Limestone 324 0 7-1 T-12
T-12 Pace 292 0 2-2 11
T-12 UIndy 292 0 6-1 T-12
14 Colorado Mesa 277 0 5-1 16
15 Queens (North Carolina) 243 0 5-2 18
16 Merrimack 233 0 2-3 19
17 New Haven 224 0 4-1 17
18 Mercy 214 0 4-2 14
19 Assumption 188 0 5-0 21
20 Bentley 174 0 3-0 23
21 Mercyhurst 162 0 3-2 15
22 Grand Valley State 138 0 4-2 20
23 New York Tech 81 0 4-1 22
24 Saint Leo 45 0 8-0 25
25 Bloomsburg 35 0 4-1 NR
RV Florida Tech 5-4 24

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Womens Division III Poll 3-18-2019

1 Gettysburg 625 25 5-0 1
2 Franklin & Marshall 593 0 5-1 2
3 Washington and Lee 570 0 5-2 3
4 Mary Washington 548 0 7-1 4
5 Salisbury 523 0 6-1 5
6 Middlebury 493 0 3-1 6
7 York (PA) 474 0 5-1 7
8 Tufts 446 0 4-0 10
9 Trinity (CT) 437 0 4-0 9
10 Colby 389 0 3-1 8
11 Wesleyan (CT) 371 0 5-1 12
12 Amherst 359 0 4-1 13
13 TCNJ 325 0 4-2 11
14 Catholic 274 0 3-2 16
15 SUNY Cortland 249 0 2-2 15
16 St. John Fisher 242 0 4-1 17
17 William Smith 201 0 3-2 18
18 Bowdoin 189 0 1-3 14
19 Ithaca 187 0 3-2 19
20 University of Scranton 140 0 5-1 22
21 Bates 102 0 4-3 21
22 Colorado College 91 0 5-0 24
23 Haverford 86 0 5-2 20
24 Skidmore 45 0 3-2 NR
25 St. Mary's (MD) 37 0 4-3 NR
RV Hamilton 0 1-2 NR
RV Rowan 0 2-2 23

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see B10 w/ four bids. MD, Northwestern, Michigan and Hopkins.they

In your ACC you left out UNC and ND just beat UVA . Duke plays a weak non conference schedule as well so will need to win some games in conference. ACC is easily the most deep conference there is.

Quite an omission, my apologies. Didn't realize Duke had such a soft schedule as well. Duke played Northwesstern and Penn and lost both and had a tough game vs Louisville...They will have a tough road to Tournament as well. Still say 4 in from ACC, Duke, ND and VATech as ? Let's see how ACC conference play shakes out...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

2 Maryland 600 0 8-0 2
4 Syracuse 552 0 8-2 4
6 Penn 470 0 7-1 8
8 Virginia 446 0 7-3 5
9 Princeton 442 0 4-1 9
11 Loyola 370 0 4-3 10
13 Duke 312 0 6-2 15
15 Denver 272 0 7-2 11
16 Florida 243 0 3-5 16
19 Stanford 161 0 6-2 18
25 Colorado 62 0 4-4 23

Kudos to Hofstra for beating High Point this past weekend. Last week High Point was 25th after beating JHU, and this week they lose to Hofstra but move up a spot. I am not saying Hofstra should be in the polls but perhaps Adelphi and CW post should be in there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Maryland 600 0 8-0 2
4 Syracuse 552 0 8-2 4
6 Penn 470 0 7-1 8
8 Virginia 446 0 7-3 5
9 Princeton 442 0 4-1 9
11 Loyola 370 0 4-3 10
13 Duke 312 0 6-2 15
15 Denver 272 0 7-2 11
16 Florida 243 0 3-5 16
19 Stanford 161 0 6-2 18
25 Colorado 62 0 4-4 23

Kudos to Hofstra for beating High Point this past weekend. Last week High Point was 25th after beating JHU, and this week they lose to Hofstra but move up a spot. I am not saying Hofstra should be in the polls but perhaps Adelphi and CW post should be in there

They both are - in D2 rankings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Maryland 600 0 8-0 2
4 Syracuse 552 0 8-2 4
6 Penn 470 0 7-1 8
8 Virginia 446 0 7-3 5
9 Princeton 442 0 4-1 9
11 Loyola 370 0 4-3 10
13 Duke 312 0 6-2 15
15 Denver 272 0 7-2 11
16 Florida 243 0 3-5 16
19 Stanford 161 0 6-2 18
25 Colorado 62 0 4-4 23

Yes, I know...some stunad on here said Hofstra was the third best college team in Nassau County. They certainly are not world beaters but some folks have no clue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite an omission, my apologies. Didn't realize Duke had such a soft schedule as well. Duke played Northwesstern and Penn and lost both and had a tough game vs Louisville...They will have a tough road to Tournament as well. Still say 4 in from ACC, Duke, ND and VATech as ? Let's see how ACC conference play shakes out...

Pretty sure it is 13 conference Bids (I could be wrong). Maybe B1G gets 4. Florida and Stony Brook definitely Top 20 (Florida Top 8). Cornell?? (They lost to Villanova, struggled with Columbia and did you see the Stony Brook game? don't think they are dancing). Dartmouth ? Maybe, but thinking only two ivy.

With regard to Duke's YTD non-conference schedule I would not call Northwestern and Penn weak.

Good luck to all the rest of the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure it is 13 conference Bids (I could be wrong). Maybe B1G gets 4. Florida and Stony Brook definitely Top 20 (Florida Top 8). Cornell?? (They lost to Villanova, struggled with Columbia and did you see the Stony Brook game? don't think they are dancing). Dartmouth ? Maybe, but thinking only two ivy.

With regard to Duke's YTD non-conference schedule I would not call Northwestern and Penn weak.

Good luck to all the rest of the way.

Wasn't sure how many conferences get the AQ. I know they added conferences , I counted 16....but Mountain Pacific has 3 teams (is there a minimum # required for a AQ?)

I guess Ivy gets 2-3. Cornell is down this year. Penn and Princeton definitely, maybe Dartmouth...

Unfortunately Duke having lost to Penn and Northwestern doesn't help them with NCAA selection. Only wins matter. (A few years ago, John Sung, then coach at Winthrop and member of selection committee, gave interview regarding selection process. He said close losses against quality competition is a loss. Only wins, specifically against quality competition, count towards selection.

Agree w/ earlier post that ACC is the deepest/ most talented conference from top to bottom. But ND and Duke need to win a 3-4 conference games.

UVA loss to ND hurts but they play a strong non-conference schedule (Beat Loyola, beat Navy, beat Princeton, still have to play JMU, MD, PSU) plus their conference games.

ND non-conference consists of 1 Top 20 team - Northwestern in April. (Virtually a must win game ) A tough road to tournament.

Duke has lost to their only two top 20 non-conference games. Another tough road.

VA Tech beat a solid top 20 Denver. Also lost to JMU, Colorado and USC. With a conference record equal to ND and/or Duke, VA Tech will get the nod.

Should be interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"With regard to Duke's YTD non-conference schedule I would not call Northwestern and Penn weak."

Add in Villanova,Presbyterian,William and Mary, Elon, Davidson, Cambell, ECU and its a pretty weak non conference schecule. Does not seem like a team that regards itself as a to 20 team that wants to be challenged.
UVA plays Navy,Princeton, Loyola, JMU,Maryland , PSU as a comparison of a team in the same conference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"With regard to Duke's YTD non-conference schedule I would not call Northwestern and Penn weak."

Add in Villanova,Presbyterian,William and Mary, Elon, Davidson, Cambell, ECU and its a pretty weak non conference schecule. Does not seem like a team that regards itself as a to 20 team that wants to be challenged.
UVA plays Navy,Princeton, Loyola, JMU,Maryland , PSU as a comparison of a team in the same conference.

Exactly! That's why Coaches'Poll loves teams like Northwestern, USC, Colorado, UNC, MD, Cuse, BC, PSU. These programs continually challenge themselves out of conference. Yes they all have a cupcake game or due to regional rivalries, but probably 75% of their games are against top competition.

Duke an ND usually do, but this year they did not. Time will tell if it hurts them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Maryland 600 0 8-0 2
4 Syracuse 552 0 8-2 4
6 Penn 470 0 7-1 8
8 Virginia 446 0 7-3 5
9 Princeton 442 0 4-1 9
11 Loyola 370 0 4-3 10
13 Duke 312 0 6-2 15
15 Denver 272 0 7-2 11
16 Florida 243 0 3-5 16
19 Stanford 161 0 6-2 18
25 Colorado 62 0 4-4 23

Yes, I know...some stunad on here said Hofstra was the third best college team in Nassau County. They certainly are not world beaters but some folks have no clue.

That would be a toss up at best for Hofstra at this point, there's no denying the team has gone backwards since SS got here, best teams she had were with players recruited by somebody else, last few years have been abysmal by any standard - a blind squirrel will find an acorn every now and then

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Maryland 600 0 8-0 2
4 Syracuse 552 0 8-2 4
6 Penn 470 0 7-1 8
8 Virginia 446 0 7-3 5
9 Princeton 442 0 4-1 9
11 Loyola 370 0 4-3 10
13 Duke 312 0 6-2 15
15 Denver 272 0 7-2 11
16 Florida 243 0 3-5 16
19 Stanford 161 0 6-2 18
25 Colorado 62 0 4-4 23

That would be a toss up at best for Hofstra at this point, there's no denying the team has gone backwards since SS got here, best teams she had were with players recruited by somebody else, last few years have been abysmal by any standard - a blind squirrel will find an acorn every now and then

Hofstra is having a solid year. Better then pst few years. They beat High Point last week. They can score. Interested in seeing how they do vs better CAA competition.
They don't play any of the other LI teams this year so let all the "experts" speculate who would beat who in the the imaginary contests...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Maryland 600 0 8-0 2
4 Syracuse 552 0 8-2 4
6 Penn 470 0 7-1 8
8 Virginia 446 0 7-3 5
9 Princeton 442 0 4-1 9
11 Loyola 370 0 4-3 10
13 Duke 312 0 6-2 15
15 Denver 272 0 7-2 11
16 Florida 243 0 3-5 16
19 Stanford 161 0 6-2 18
25 Colorado 62 0 4-4 23

Hofstra is having a solid year. Better then pst few years. They beat High Point last week. They can score. Interested in seeing how they do vs better CAA competition.
They don't play any of the other LI teams this year so let all the "experts" speculate who would beat who in the the imaginary contests...

Looks like hofstra is 5-13 in CAA the last three years, really not much to hang your hat on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times does Adelphi beat Hofstra if they played 10 times? Anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like hofstra is 5-13 in CAA the last three years, really not much to hang your hat on[/quote]

Hofstra is better this year than in the past three. Good luck in conference play ladies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times does Adelphi beat Hofstra if they played 10 times? Anyone?

Zero ,they are not even remotely close , Hofstra beats them by 10 plus, what would Hopkins or USC do to Adelphi, blowouts. Adelhi does not get evn remotely the same caliber of athlete/lax player, its just a silly question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe this year but a few years age Adelphi thru them a beating at Manhasset!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn't sure how many conferences get the AQ. I know they added conferences , I counted 16....but Mountain Pacific has 3 teams (is there a minimum # required for a AQ?)

I guess Ivy gets 2-3. Cornell is down this year. Penn and Princeton definitely, maybe Dartmouth...

Unfortunately Duke having lost to Penn and Northwestern doesn't help them with NCAA selection. Only wins matter. (A few years ago, John Sung, then coach at Winthrop and member of selection committee, gave interview regarding selection process. He said close losses against quality competition is a loss. Only wins, specifically against quality competition, count towards selection.

Agree w/ earlier post that ACC is the deepest/ most talented conference from top to bottom. But ND and Duke need to win a 3-4 conference games.

UVA loss to ND hurts but they play a strong non-conference schedule (Beat Loyola, beat Navy, beat Princeton, still have to play JMU, MD, PSU) plus their conference games.

ND non-conference consists of 1 Top 20 team - Northwestern in April. (Virtually a must win game ) A tough road to tournament.

Duke has lost to their only two top 20 non-conference games. Another tough road.

VA Tech beat a solid top 20 Denver. Also lost to JMU, Colorado and USC. With a conference record equal to ND and/or Duke, VA Tech will get the nod.

Should be interesting!

[/quote]

Can't find info on the number of Automatic Bids, can't tell if it is 13 or 15.

, they are about where they usually are. don't think they will get in.

ACC will have 6 teams in Tournament. Don't think Va Tech will be one of them.

Big Ten? Maryland, Northwestern, Hopkins.... ? can Michigan make it? PSU is very unlikely. What is going on in not so happy valley?

Patriot? Loyola and Navy.

Ivy? Princeton and Penn. Dartmouth? Maybe. "Cornell is down this year." ? Cornell making The NCAA's is the exception not the rule but you never know.

Pac 12? USC, Stanford. Colorado? don't think Pac 12 gets 3.

Big East? Denver and Georgetown.

America East? Stony Brook. Can Albany find a way?

AAC? Florida.

CAA? JMU. How about Hofstra? Hofstra has improved maybe they can get in. Towson needs to win the conference to get in this year.

A-10? Richmond? UMass? St Joe's? They will only get 1 going with Richmond.

MAAC? Fairfield? Monmouth?

NEC? Mt. St. Mary's? Wagner?

SoCon? Furman?

Big South? High Point looks pretty good.

Sun? Liberty is doing well.

If there are 15 Automatic Qualifiers there will be 11 at large bids.

4 or 5 - ACC
2 or 3 - Big Ten
1 or 2 - Ivy
1 - Patriot
1 - Pac 12

Which teams will play well enough down the stretch? Good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be interesting!

Big Ten? Maryland, Northwestern, Hopkins.... ? can Michigan make it? PSU is very unlikely. What is going on in not so happy valley?

Ivy? Princeton and Penn. Dartmouth? Maybe. "Cornell is down this year." ? Cornell making The NCAA's is the exception not the rule but you never know.

AAC? Florida.

CAA? JMU. How about Hofstra? Hofstra has improved maybe they can get in. Towson needs to win the conference to get in this year.

SoCon? Furman?

4 or 5 - ACC
2 or 3 - Big Ten
1 or 2 - Ivy
1 - Patriot
1 - Pac 12

[/quote]

Cornell is down this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be interesting!

AAC? Florida.

SoCon? Furman?

4 or 5 - ACC
2 or 3 - Big Ten
1 or 2 - Ivy
1 - Patriot
1 - Pac 12

Cornell is down this year?[/quote]

They lost to Villanova (who isn't that good). They lost to Penn State (not a terrible loss, top 20 team). They lost to Stony Brook by 12. They have to win some non-conference games to make the tournament. Or they have to clean up in the Ivy. Are they going to beat Penn, Dartmouth or Princeton?

They win Thor win 2 of thos and they could make it.. otherwise it's a down year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

They lost to Villanova (who isn't that good). They lost to Penn State (not a terrible loss, top 20 team). They lost to Stony Brook by 12. They have to win some non-conference games to make the tournament. Or they have to clean up in the Ivy. Are they going to beat Penn, Dartmouth or Princeton?

They win Thor win 2 of thos and they could make it.. otherwise it's a down year.

[/quote]

Down? Compared to what? When have they ever been up? Cornell is about where they always are. SBU was up 12 - 0 in the first half... it was a running clock the entire 2nd half. Penn State is a Top 20 program but they "are down this year" PSU not a Top 20 Team this year.

When you say "Cornell is down this year" you are implying that they are consistently "up" or strong. Cornell is a mid tier program having what would be considered a normal year. Not a knock, just reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oops Stonybrook out of top 20 already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like hofstra is 5-13 in CAA the last three years, really not much to hang your hat on

Hofstra is better this year than in the past three. Good luck in conference play ladies![/quote]

And Towsen and JMU are down. might be interesting. To bad Hofstra and Stonybrook don't play anymore. Seems like Spalina only wants to play them when he knows he can beat them badly. chicken-lina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hofstra is better this year than in the past three. Good luck in conference play ladies!

And Towsen and JMU are down. might be interesting. To bad Hofstra and Stonybrook don't play anymore. Seems like Spalina only wants to play them when he knows he can beat them badly. chicken-lina[/quote]

That would be false because SB had its best team last year and didn't play them SB was pretty pretty good last year. Last time they played was two years ago. Was there with my daughter and it was 16-0 at halftime we left early as did most. Pretty sure no one is scared of Hofstra. Funny thing is my daughter was considering Hofstra but chose a different CAA school based on how bad they were that year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Down? Compared to what? When have they ever been up? Cornell is about where they always are. SBU was up 12 - 0 in the first half... it was a running clock the entire 2nd half. Penn State is a Top 20 program but they "are down this year" PSU not a Top 20 Team this year.

When you say "Cornell is down this year" you are implying that they are consistently "up" or strong. Cornell is a mid tier program having what would be considered a normal year. Not a knock, just reality.

[/quote]
Ivy's are a toss up this year as is most of college lacrosse
Cornell after getting blown out by SB loses by one to UPENN
Princeton after beating Florida picked off by Brown

How about Florida beats SB by one after losing to Princeton
Florida lost in OT to Syracuse lost by one to UNC

Very strange year

Page 40 of 52 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard