BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 127 of 214 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter told me about it yesterday when she got home, she pretty much said majority of the team were shocked and about 2 or 3 girls were like she really thought she was going to be playing with us, It made me feel uneasy. I saw this kid play at the KK and I was impressed. I'm not sure what is happening but it is not good and does not look good for the school, coach and program.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm....Just read the article on US lacrosse on the supposed "best recruit in the country" . Made sense when I read that she is 18!!!!! Give me a break, cheating holdback. In 11th grade, but should be a college Freshman. Talk about smoke and mirrors!. The sad part is that she is an incredible player, unfortunately it is diminished due to the parents seeking unfair advantage. Guess thats the thing these days after seeing all these rich entitled folks getting busted for SAT cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hmmm....Just read the article on US lacrosse on the supposed "best recruit in the country" . Made sense when I read that she is 18!!!!! Give me a break, cheating holdback. In 11th grade, but should be a college Freshman. Talk about smoke and mirrors!. The sad part is that she is an incredible player, unfortunately it is diminished due to the parents seeking unfair advantage. Guess thats the thing these days after seeing all these rich entitled folks getting busted for SAT cheating.

Wow, very bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, very bitter.

Nothing to be bitter about. Just observing the state of youth Lacrosse. On the other side, look at the top boys player, class act who did it without cheating! Congrats to him!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Her dad was saying something about when he was 18 at MD. Later in the article it says 10 years from now she will be 26.

As the other poster said, seem bitter. She is an amazing player and works very hard to be so. Stop hating.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read the article. The dad was 18 in the paragraph, not the daughter. She is most likely 17 like most other juniors. And yes I agree with other poster..BITTER Person you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Law4you
What is happening at St Anthony’s? Am I correct to assume they will take no action to stop the discriminatory actions of the lacrosse coach. What I am hearing is concerning and sad and needs to be looked into. SAD

If she could play she would have been on the team. As far as "least diverse" program on LI I guess SA should aspire to be more like Northport, Garden City, Manhasset, West Islip, Cold Spring Harbor, Mt. Sinai, etc. those programs are a mosaic of America with infinite diversity - you're clueless about SA

Looks like the only solution is to contact the dad from Westhampton and if he thinks she would help the team win he will get her an address in the school district for the lax season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did CSH vs. Northport scrimmage go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
3.Eastport South Manor (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
6.American Heritage (Fla.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
8.Sts. Stephen's & Agnes (Va.)
9.Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.)
10.Georgetown Visitation (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
14.Christian Brothers Academy (N.Y.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
19.Holton-Arms School (Md.)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
22.Episcopal Academy (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)
25.Glenelg Country School (Md.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone concerned with how this College Admission Scandal impacts future recruiting? I've heard said here on BOTC that coaches have a one/few automatic admission spots each year for their recruits who "maybe" didn't get quite the right SAT, ACT or GPA etc.. I can see that practice getting shut down after this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read the article. The dad was 18 in the paragraph, not the daughter. She is most likely 17 like most other juniors. And yes I agree with other poster..BITTER Person you are.

Most likely only held back a year...If she was on age, article would have told you point blank how old she was, not like in ten years she'll be 26...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Her dad was saying something about when he was 18 at MD. Later in the article it says 10 years from now she will be 26.

As the other poster said, seem bitter. She is an amazing player and works very hard to be so. Stop hating.

Wouldn't be the only top 2020 that should be a 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone concerned with how this College Admission Scandal impacts future recruiting? I've heard said here on BOTC that coaches have a one/few automatic admission spots each year for their recruits who "maybe" didn't get quite the right SAT, ACT or GPA etc.. I can see that practice getting shut down after this.

They'd have to "shut down" the practice across the board for all sports then. For example, I can't see football and/or basketball programs even considering that. You're talking big revenue for some of these schools. You can't pick and choose that only some sports can make academic exceptions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They'd have to "shut down" the practice across the board for all sports then. For example, I can't see football and/or basketball programs even considering that. You're talking big revenue for some of these schools. You can't pick and choose that only some sports can make academic exceptions.

Why can't they? football and basketball have different recruiting rules...money talks...only people that care about girls lax is us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the sports that no one cares and lose money, its very easy to say if you don't have the grades you don't get in to the school. Soccer Lacrosse Volleyball Softball Crew etc etc

But how in the world could they ever enforce that for Football and Mens Basketball? Coming into March Madness time of year and it shocks me every year that kids going to Duke, UNC and other GREAT schools can barely speak during interviews. Same in college football. Its a real problem for these schools that walk in their recruits every year bypassing the rigorous admission process

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Northports “secret weapon” is out for the season. And so goes the plan to win Counties. Wide open!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Northports “secret weapon” is out for the season. And so goes the plan to win Counties. Wide open!

It's pretty S#*^$ of you to even make a comment about ANYONE's ability to play for the season.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the sports that no one cares and lose money, its very easy to say if you don't have the grades you don't get in to the school. Soccer Lacrosse Volleyball Softball Crew etc etc

But how in the world could they ever enforce that for Football and Mens Basketball? Coming into March Madness time of year and it shocks me every year that kids going to Duke, UNC and other GREAT schools can barely speak during interviews. Same in college football. Its a real problem for these schools that walk in their recruits every year bypassing the rigorous admission process

I've had several of my children play D1 sports in 3 different schools in 3 different states. They girls told me that in each of their schools the boys were held to different standards, from academics to behavior outside of their sports. One dated a basketball player who literally did not have to attend class! The boys would party it up and the girls had "dry season." My girls' teams got drug tested, my son's team *never* did. Ever. It's a bunch of BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've had several of my children play D1 sports in 3 different schools in 3 different states. They girls told me that in each of their schools the boys were held to different standards, from academics to behavior outside of their sports. One dated a basketball player who literally did not have to attend class! The boys would party it up and the girls had "dry season." My girls' teams got drug tested, my son's team *never* did. Ever. It's a bunch of BS.

That's because football and basketball subsidize everything else - if it were not for title 9 most of the girls sports wouldn't even exist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pretty S#*^$ of you to even make a comment about ANYONE's ability to play for the season.....

Why? Was giving the girl a complement, without her they will be nothing special

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is interesting that the top 2020 players are both hold backs . While both players are very good I do not believe they would have been held in the same regard if they player on age ,again very good . Honestly congrats to them it’s clearly a case where gaming the system paid off .Would also have been interesting to have seen the top player if she had played in an area where lacrosse is more competitive , if I remember correctly she played on a YJ team for a couple of years and was a starter type player but not a top 5 in that team ,yes I get there were like 3 years old and kids get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all of the players who were named to the Preseason "All-ILWomens Team". Well deserved honor, good luck to all this season.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/preseason-all-ilwomen-team/53989

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Low life coward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because football and basketball subsidize everything else - if it were not for title 9 most of the girls sports wouldn't even exist

So that justifies it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Secret plan foiled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that justifies it?

It's called reality and that 's how the real world works, which hopefully your kids will be prepared for unless you plan on holding their hand forever - for 99.9% of female athletes any special treatment they might be getting comes to an abrupt end after college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the girls get picked for the top 100 players to watch in Newsday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the girls get picked for the top 100 players to watch in Newsday?

Does it matter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School Coach submits the players they want on the list. it is a sort of "everybody gets a trophy" list, Just about all schools will have a player listed. Kind of like all-county. There will be very good players from strong programs like Garden City and Manhasset not listed who are stronger than 50 - 60 of the players listed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School Coach submits the players they want on the list. it is a sort of "everybody gets a trophy" list, Just about all schools will have a player listed. Kind of like all-county. There will be very good players from strong programs like Garden City and Manhasset not listed who are stronger than 50 - 60 of the players listed.

Enough with the how great GC ,Manhasset are . Its just not the case anymore .They are still very good but there are many programs who have caught up over the last 5 years.If either were in C class they would not get off the island .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is happening at St Anthony’s? Am I correct to assume they will take no action to stop the discriminatory actions of the lacrosse coach. What I am hearing is concerning and sad and needs to be looked into. SAD

What ever happened did they take this girl back on the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enough with the how great GC ,Manhasset are . Its just not the case anymore .They are still very good but there are many programs who have caught up over the last 5 years.If either were in C class they would not get off the island .

Please, get hold of yourself and your inferiority complex. There are not many programs who have caught up to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What ever happened did they take this girl back on the team?

No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks need to enter their schedules on Inside Lacrosse. This has taken over for Lax Power and they are using similar computer rating systems. They will be using this as input for their weekly rankings as well. Anyone can sign up to enter schedule and enter scores. Some schools like ESM are already in there, but many are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Carol, how'd your scrimmage vs. CSH go last week??? Northport, total sham...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks need to enter their schedules on Inside Lacrosse. This has taken over for Lax Power and they are using similar computer rating systems. They will be using this as input for their weekly rankings as well. Anyone can sign up to enter schedule and enter scores. Some schools like ESM are already in there, but many are not.

Go figure...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Carol, how'd your scrimmage vs. CSH go last week??? Northport, total sham...

Tell us what happend?

what couldn't the Northport team do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Season just started and we already have candidates for ball hog of the month and coach who has hideous sportsmanship for allowing it to happen. WHB superstar puts up 10 points in a 17-1 blowout. Cant wait for WB to shut that team out again. The kid wants to be considered as good as the florida player but never will for one simple reason ; she is just not that good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Season just started and we already have candidates for ball hog of the month and coach who has hideous sportsmanship for allowing it to happen. WHB superstar puts up 10 points in a 17-1 blowout. Cant wait for WB to shut that team out again. The kid wants to be considered as good as the florida player but never will for one simple reason ; she is just not that good.

There's two dozen kids, if not more, as good as the florida player, lighting it up in the florida hs circuit and playing in "B" bracket club ball will be over soon

Like Reply Quote
Page 127 of 214 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard