BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 6 116 117
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Per the above mention, trying to figure out what coaches will be there this year. I can only find the 2018 list. Thanks.[/quote]

On the home page there is a box scrolling through this year's college list. Definitely includes names that aren't on the 2018 list.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Other than that, you are much better off spending the money going to a couple camps of schools that your daughter is interested in. Especially if those schools have shown interest in your daughter. At this point most girls should know some schools that are interested in her. Plan your summer accordingly."
[/quote]

What if girls don't know where they are interested in going or who is interested in them yet? Especially 2022's? Might be better served for now to be at UA in front of a variety of schools than going a specific school's summer camp yet. Looks like a good variety of schools. True that not a lot of players from top-tier teams were on the rosters the past years. And lack of high level schools. But now that recruiting guidelines have changed, it could have an effect on the caliber of this event - both in terms of colleges and players. A couple of years ago top girls were already committed by the time they were the ages of this year's UA150 players. I don't know the answers. But things to think about.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Per the above mention, trying to figure out what coaches will be there this year. I can only find the 2018 list. Thanks.

On the home page there is a box scrolling through this year's college list. Definitely includes names that aren't on the 2018 list. [/quote]

I hadn't focused on the scroll - I see now. Much appreciated!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big roster. A third of those girls are seniors that will never play I assume?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That roster is bigger than most colleges....14-16 girls will see the field ...at most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seniors and Freshman that pay the coach $100 a hour for personal training haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that a serious conflict of interest when the coach TC is also a private lessons instructor using school property for lessons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that a serious conflict of interest when the coach TC is also a private lessons instructor using school property for lessons.

This happens at a lot more schools than McD... whether its private lessons or club affiliation

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but just being on the team will get them recruited to sit on a bench for a college team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but just being on the team will get them recruited to sit on a bench for a college team

Well aren’t you snarky. Guessing your daughter was either recently cut or kept a lot of metal warm when she played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI-what a waste of $$$. Let your D be a huge star at Public HS instead of paying money to sit the bench . College coaches don't watch HS lax just check the stats . I pulled my D from prep school 28,000 a year to public and she is committed to Ivy school now -go figure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI-what a waste of $$$. Let your D be a huge star at Public HS instead of paying money to sit the bench . College coaches don't watch HS lax just check the stats . I pulled my D from prep school 28,000 a year to public and she is committed to Ivy school now -go figure.

depends on your view of what a 'waste' is. many of these girls playing lax in private schools are not paying full price anyway. if you D is playing in the IAAM A then they are playing against top competition every game and probably in practice making them better for the summer club season when the college coaches are watching. My guess your daughter was getting into an Ivy regardless of a public or private education. Congrats and good for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

depends on your view of what a 'waste' is. many of these girls playing lax in private schools are not paying full price anyway. if you D is playing in the IAAM A then they are playing against top competition every game and probably in practice making them better for the summer club season when the college coaches are watching. My guess your daughter was getting into an Ivy regardless of a public or private education. Congrats and good for her.

I know people say high school isn't important for recruiting but it is important in training. High school coaches get your daughter 6 times a week for 2 months. Club is twic a week for 2 hours. Playing on a good high school team goes a far way in making them better players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know people say high school isn't important for recruiting but it is important in training. High school coaches get your daughter 6 times a week for 2 months. Club is twic a week for 2 hours. Playing on a good high school team goes a far way in making them better players.

How much of a sales job is needed to convince your daughter that it's a good thing she's sitting at the tail end of a 40 man roster at a private school but, in the long run, the practices are worth it to further her career in college? Good god, high school sports should be about actually playing, if they have the ability, since they only have 4 years to enjoy it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sales pitch was the need to be at the private school in the first place. You will find this out but when the kids get recruited -the teams that will want them will not be the schools they want to attend academically. IAAM is great competition for HS lacrosse but most of the kids on the bench will not see the field in college either so pick the right fit for your child and if it doesnt work out -walk away from lacrosse. Also put that money in a 529 account instead of prep school coffers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sales pitch was the need to be at the private school in the first place. You will find this out but when the kids get recruited -the teams that will want them will not be the schools they want to attend academically. IAAM is great competition for HS lacrosse but most of the kids on the bench will not see the field in college either so pick the right fit for your child and if it doesnt work out -walk away from lacrosse. Also put that money in a 529 account instead of prep school coffers.

only go to a private prep if you are recruited by the coach. If you are on the coaches wish list then you are probably on varsity as freshmen and getting some playing time from the start... also probably getting a nice break in tuition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the same sales pitch given by the top few clubs around MD to pad their rosters and increase the amount of money brought in by each team to the clubs' bank accounts. Nothing will replace playing time. Suddenly there's this pitch that being on the tale end a certain club teams' roster is "great" because even if you don't play you're "practicing with the best". And parents actually buy it. Yes you're on a winning team but if you're not in the top half of the team it's useless.

Man I wish I came up with this lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something else to consider... - better yet here is the real truth that should be told...
The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SR from DC scrimmaged McD Varsity up 8-6 at the half, ended up losing 11-10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

final scores for scrimmages mean nothing. most teams are playing everyone if possible to see what they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Maryland Public Schools going to be this year? Did Glenelg lose many girls? Hereford, Westminster should be pretty good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches gave every McDonogh player playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you say about college coaches is just not true of all of them. I spoke to a college coach about a month ago who is in favor of the contact date being moved to June. In fact, I believe the coaches are the ones who suggested to change. We will see how the vote goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches gave every McDonogh player playing time.

False. Every McDonogh player did not play in that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you say about college coaches is just not true of all of them. I spoke to a college coach about a month ago who is in favor of the contact date being moved to June. In fact, I believe the coaches are the ones who suggested to change. We will see how the vote goes.

The coaches did not suggest the change to 6/15. The NCAA Student Athlete Experience Committee did after a multi-year study. The IWLCA and IMLCA decided at their conferences this fall to submit a proposal to remove lacrosse from the 6/15 proposal. This was submitted by the ACC for vote in April. There are multiple versions of the proposal up for vote and lacrosse has requested to keep 9/1. I agree there are coaches that think 6/15 is a good idea, but the coach associations have selfishly requested to keep 9/1. Send emails!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like they are coming up to NY play Manhasset. That will be fun. Also notice Manhasset will be going to CALIFORNIA to play Torrey Pines mid season. That has to be a first. Pretty crazy that they would travel to California. Wonder if Torrey Pines subsidized part of that trip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Glenelg should repeat (again). Century has improved (several transfers from South Carroll), not sure about Hereford but they always seem to be contenders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
3.Eastport South Manor (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
6.American Heritage (Fla.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
8.Sts. Stephen's & Agnes (Va.)
9.Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.)
10.Georgetown Visitation (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
14.Christian Brothers Academy (N.Y.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
19.Holton-Arms School (Md.)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
22.Episcopal Academy (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)
25.Glenelg Country School (Md.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

There will be quite a bit of movement. Compare this list to the one released three weeks from now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

There will be quite a bit of movement. Compare this list to the one released three weeks from now.

of course there will be...this is a preseason ranking. most of these teams haven't even played a game yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

of course there will be...this is a preseason ranking. most of these teams haven't even played a game yet

You're right. NDP will drop quite a bit once the season starts. They lost way too much and don't have anyone to replace them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

You're right. NDP will drop quite a bit once the season starts. They lost way too much and don't have anyone to replace them.

McDonogh won't be at the top for long and probably won't even win the IAAM. They only topped Spalding 6-5 yesterday at home, scoring the game winner with under 20 seconds left. It should be interesting to see which team rises up and replaces them. It's certainly there for the taking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

McDonogh won't be at the top for long and probably won't even win the IAAM. They only topped Spalding 6-5 yesterday at home, scoring the game winner with under 20 seconds left. It should be interesting to see which team rises up and replaces them. It's certainly there for the taking.

NDP is not going anywhere. They have the best sophomore class in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

NDP is not going anywhere. They have the best sophomore class in the country.

Is this a joke? If their sophomores are so good why was only one on varsity last year?

They didn't help them much this morning in their 20-10 loss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh 6 - Spalding 5
Glenelg Country 11 - John Carroll 10
Maryvale 13 - Severn 8
SPSG 16 - Maryvale 8
RPCS 11 - St. Marys 7
Bryn Mawr 15 - Gerstell 8
John Carroll 10 - Gerstell 9

Looks like there's quite a bit of parity this year in IAAM. Should be a lot of close games. RPCS and NDP got beaten pretty badly out of conference this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh 6 - Spalding 5
Glenelg Country 11 - John Carroll 10
Maryvale 13 - Severn 8
SPSG 16 - Maryvale 8
RPCS 11 - St. Marys 7
Bryn Mawr 15 - Gerstell 8
John Carroll 10 - Gerstell 9

Looks like there's quite a bit of parity this year in IAAM. Should be a lot of close games. RPCS and NDP got beaten pretty badly out of conference this weekend.

Who beat NDP?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Heritage Delray won 20-10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Heritage Delray won 20-10.

No way they lost that bad. NDP has the best sophomore class in the country.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 6 116 117
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard