BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 126 of 214 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Ivies are ideal for the very rich and for the very poor, not so ideal for everyone in between, which is where most of us would fall. Been down this road several times and would say some of the early commits seemed like the right choice for many of those who did decide early. But... also saw “the race” every year, that some kids and parents were in to try to commit before everyone else, like it actually had some kind of bearing where their kid stood in the pecking order of player status. I have literally seen kids go visit the first college that showed interest , get an offer and verbally accept. And not the “dream school” that was the plan from years prior, merely trying to be one of the early ones to commit. Here is how I have seen it play out several times... a few schools reach out and make offers, then a few more, and both your eyes and your kids eyes will be opened, every so often by visisting as many schools as possible. I’ve gone from my kid can’t imaging going to any other school after visiting and meeting with coaches with an offer, only to watch them drop that school to second, third on the list after meeting with the next set of coaches at the next school, and then the next. The best advice anyone will ever give you is to go do your due diligence and visit as many schools as possible and meet with as many coaches as possible, it is not a race. When the coach has you targeted they will allow you the time for this process. Luckily with the new common start date for communication, hopefully you will see the race to be the first to commit, out the window (although it is entertaining to watch). What will be interesting is that in the past some programs were notorious for reaching out early, others were firm not to do this and the offers, or would be offers would stretch out over a year or two, but many of the early bidders wanted an answer long before other programs would even consider putting an offer in on such young kids. I don’t think any player ever got the full realm of possibilities layed out for them just because many schools philosophy of recruiting timelines were so different. Now these kids (the very top ones anyway) will basically be able to entertain a mountain of offers all coming in at the same time on opening bell. Good luck and be patient.

a lot of misinformation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the Ivy League Schools in which there is no money given for sports but financial based only, how do you find out and when do you find out what that aid is/will be? How can you make a decision when you don't know what all the pieces may be? So if there are Div 1 and Ivy's interested money does play a factor. How do you negotiate this?

Thats a great question... Ive sent a few kids thru college ( not Ivy) and received zero financial aid.. If you own a home on LI and make high 5 figure salary or higher .. dont expect any money from any college or FASFA.
You'd be better off getting divorced and have the one parent with the lower income have custody and have the financials based on this..

Truth. I also have sent several D1 athletes through. All had a combination of athletic and merit awards. One had much more merit money, one was split near 50/50, and one started out with much more merit but ended up with much more athletic money. So for my two cents, money spent on a tutor and teaching study skills is worth more than private training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the Ivy League Schools in which there is no money given for sports but financial based only, how do you find out and when do you find out what that aid is/will be? How can you make a decision when you don't know what all the pieces may be? So if there are Div 1 and Ivy's interested money does play a factor. How do you negotiate this?

Thats a great question... Ive sent a few kids thru college ( not Ivy) and received zero financial aid.. If you own a home on LI and make high 5 figure salary or higher .. dont expect any money from any college or FASFA.
You'd be better off getting divorced and have the one parent with the lower income have custody and have the financials based on this..

Truth. I also have sent several D1 athletes through. All had a combination of athletic and merit awards. One had much more merit money, one was split near 50/50, and one started out with much more merit but ended up with much more athletic money. So for my two cents, money spent on a tutor and teaching study skills is worth more than private training.

So if Ivy's are in the mix of D1's you have to do your math ahead of time with the financial aid package to see what if any you would get. Ivy's offer the opportunity for a great student to get into an Ivy through LAX when they may not have gotten in? The crazy race if the dates haven't been moved yet would be Sept 1st and the start of communication. How soon are roosters completed by the D 1's? How much real time does a student athlete have to really give a verbal? How soon/late in the talks are scholarships talked about? How many official college visits are allowed? What questions should be asked of the Coaches Schools? What should we be asking but aren't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if Ivy's are in the mix of D1's you have to do your math ahead of time with the financial aid package to see what if any you would get. Ivy's offer the opportunity for a great student to get into an Ivy through LAX when they may not have gotten in? The crazy race if the dates haven't been moved yet would be Sept 1st and the start of communication. How soon are roosters completed by the D 1's? How much real time does a student athlete have to really give a verbal? How soon/late in the talks are scholarships talked about? How many official college visits are allowed? What questions should be asked of the Coaches Schools? What should we be asking but aren't?

a verbal is just that and can change anytime you want to right up to signing your letter of intent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another factor to think about is the D1 stars usually are majoring in advanced liberal arts women studies or communications because they can't handle the academics. Look on the Ivy rosters even and you will see girls who wasted 4 years playing lacrosse. No one besides lax crazy parents even care about college lax . Let them find the right fit of academics with lacrosse being a student athlete not athlete student.

Some of you really need to get a grip.

Just about all of the young women that I know who have graduated from schools such as Georgetown, Duke, Penn, Virginia, Northwestern, Penn State, Boston College etc... are doing very well.

Find the best fit for your daughter and stop trying to belittle the student athletes that are offered an opportunity to compete at the highest level and attend a great school. When I look at the list of the Top 20 Women's Lacrosse Programs it is hard to believe that the Top Players can't find a "great fit". Several excellent state schools, a couple of Ivy's, Southern, Northeast, Midwest, West Coast, Mid Atlantic etc which are all excellent schools. The top players can select the best fit and if they don't want to play at a top tier program I sure the coaches at the lower tiers will be more than willing to take them and make the finances work. Why do some of you want to knock the best players and the choices they make? Jealousy?

Below is a cut from an article in USNews titled "How Much Is an Ivy League Liberal Arts Degree Worth?" dated September 10, 2018.

"Sometimes what we see of philosophy majors coming out of these strong programs (Ivy), is that they're going into being top-tier banking analysts on Wall Street, or they're becoming intelligence analysts for the government. They're going into these upper-level positions where they can utilize those communication and critical thinking skills," Bardaro says."

There is a good fit for everyone. You sound foolish, bitter and jealous when you try to knock others.

that was true 20 years ago, but not now and btw when the layoffs start the laxers are the first to go

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ thats a lot of questions.. heres what I know.. and I may get some of this wrong..

So if Ivy's are in the mix of D1's you have to do your math ahead of time with the financial aid package to see what if any you would get. Yes, that sounds about right
[/b]
Ivy's offer the opportunity for a great student to get into an Ivy through LAX when they may not have gotten in? Yes
The crazy race if the dates haven't been moved yet would be Sept 1st and the start of communication.Yes
How soon are roosters completed by the D 1's? this depends on the school, every coach has probably figured out a list of positional needs by graduating year.. and will recruit based on this.. probably don't need a goalie in all grades for example
How much real time does a student athlete have to really give a verbal? after 9/1 Junior year you'll have a few weeks to months depending on the school and the talent of the player..
How soon/late in the talks are scholarships talked about? That is something that will be discussed once a coach tells your daughter she is wanted on the team.
How many official college visits are allowed? I think you get one official visit.. remember an official visit is one in which travel & lodging expenses football tickets are paid for by the university.. . but you can go on your own dime as often as you want
What questions should be asked of the Coaches Schools? the list is endless... but ask about admissions, living arrangements, practice& lift schedule, academic advisers, tutors, GPA. and anything else you are curious about
What should we be asking but aren't? think of things that will be important to you and your family.. social and religious commitments, educational expectations, off campus activities

it seams daunting but it really isn't.. if Lax is what she wants to do it will work out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another factor to think about is the D1 stars usually are majoring in advanced liberal arts women studies or communications because they can't handle the academics. Look on the Ivy rosters even and you will see girls who wasted 4 years playing lacrosse. No one besides lax crazy parents even care about college lax . Let them find the right fit of academics with lacrosse being a student athlete not athlete student.

Some of you really need to get a grip.

Just about all of the young women that I know who have graduated from schools such as Georgetown, Duke, Penn, Virginia, Northwestern, Penn State, Boston College etc... are doing very well.

Find the best fit for your daughter and stop trying to belittle the student athletes that are offered an opportunity to compete at the highest level and attend a great school. When I look at the list of the Top 20 Women's Lacrosse Programs it is hard to believe that the Top Players can't find a "great fit". Several excellent state schools, a couple of Ivy's, Southern, Northeast, Midwest, West Coast, Mid Atlantic etc which are all excellent schools. The top players can select the best fit and if they don't want to play at a top tier program I sure the coaches at the lower tiers will be more than willing to take them and make the finances work. Why do some of you want to knock the best players and the choices they make? Jealousy?

Below is a cut from an article in USNews titled "How Much Is an Ivy League Liberal Arts Degree Worth?" dated September 10, 2018.

"Sometimes what we see of philosophy majors coming out of these strong programs (Ivy), is that they're going into being top-tier banking analysts on Wall Street, or they're becoming intelligence analysts for the government. They're going into these upper-level positions where they can utilize those communication and critical thinking skills," Bardaro says."

There is a good fit for everyone. You sound foolish, bitter and jealous when you try to knock others.

that was true 20 years ago, but not now and btw when the layoffs start the laxers are the first to go

another jealous hater....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Ivies are ideal for the very rich and for the very poor, not so ideal for everyone in between, which is where most of us would fall. Been down this road several times and would say some of the early commits seemed like the right choice for many of those who did decide early. But... also saw “the race” every year, that some kids and parents were in to try to commit before everyone else, like it actually had some kind of bearing where their kid stood in the pecking order of player status. I have literally seen kids go visit the first college that showed interest , get an offer and verbally accept. And not the “dream school” that was the plan from years prior, merely trying to be one of the early ones to commit. Here is how I have seen it play out several times... a few schools reach out and make offers, then a few more, and both your eyes and your kids eyes will be opened, every so often by visisting as many schools as possible. I’ve gone from my kid can’t imaging going to any other school after visiting and meeting with coaches with an offer, only to watch them drop that school to second, third on the list after meeting with the next set of coaches at the next school, and then the next. The best advice anyone will ever give you is to go do your due diligence and visit as many schools as possible and meet with as many coaches as possible, it is not a race. When the coach has you targeted they will allow you the time for this process. Luckily with the new common start date for communication, hopefully you will see the race to be the first to commit, out the window (although it is entertaining to watch). What will be interesting is that in the past some programs were notorious for reaching out early, others were firm not to do this and the offers, or would be offers would stretch out over a year or two, but many of the early bidders wanted an answer long before other programs would even consider putting an offer in on such young kids. I don’t think any player ever got the full realm of possibilities layed out for them just because many schools philosophy of recruiting timelines were so different. Now these kids (the very top ones anyway) will basically be able to entertain a mountain of offers all coming in at the same time on opening bell. Good luck and be patient.

a lot of misinformation.

Or pretty much accurate on nearly every point!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something else to consider... - better yet here is the real truth that should be told...
The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something else to consider... - better yet here is the real truth that should be told...
The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st

Exactly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club teams keep kids on hook now through at least 11th grade. Collage coaches pick up older kids at camps which leads to more CASH and better looks at more mature and polished players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club teams keep kids on hook now through at least 11th grade. Collage coaches pick up older kids at camps which leads to more CASH and better looks at more mature and polished players

What coaches? The top coaches are still out there watching the 9th and 10th graders. They identify the talent and make their lists. They watch the top club teams play and they identify the best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What coaches? The top coaches are still out there watching the 9th and 10th graders. They identify the talent and make their lists. They watch the top club teams play and they identify the best players.

They were on the sidelines watching my 8th grader at the Indoor Lax Championship this past winter taking notes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still easier for coaches to get it right in 11th grade as opposed to 8th. The best girls on my daughters 6th grade team is now about #7. The studs are studs but a lot of kids move up and down in the Jr HS years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were on the sidelines watching my 8th grader at the Indoor Lax Championship this past winter taking notes.

No they weren't. They aren't allowed to evaluate kids at that time of year. That's how that tournament even got started at Spooky Nook. UA 150 was at Spooky Nook that weekend previously. Then the NCAA changed the recruiting calendar to prohibit evaluations in the winter. Chris Robinson already had booked Spooky Nook that weekend so he started the National Indoor Championships. But there are no college coaches there. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still easier for coaches to get it right in 11th grade as opposed to 8th. The best girls on my daughters 6th grade team is now about #7. The studs are studs but a lot of kids move up and down in the Jr HS years

No doubt. My daughter is a 2021 and the top players on her club team now are not the same as they were in 8th grade. There's been a huge change as some girls have worked hard and developed and some haven't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they weren't. They aren't allowed to evaluate kids at that time of year. That's how that tournament even got started at Spooky Nook. UA 150 was at Spooky Nook that weekend previously. Then the NCAA changed the recruiting calendar to prohibit evaluations in the winter. Chris Robinson already had booked Spooky Nook that weekend so he started the National Indoor Championships. But there are no college coaches there. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Umm.....the UPenn coach was at the semifinal with clipboard taking notes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm....then the UPenn coach was openly violating NCAA rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams will be will be good for this season. Any teams that might do better then last year or teams that are usually good who might take a dip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm....then the UPenn coach was openly violating NCAA rules

there were multiple coaches at the spooky nook indoor championships and they had each teams rosters .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I showed up to pick my daughter at Varsity practice yesterday. The team has only 6 SR's and JR's due to summer club coach who is also the varsity coach and has just destroyed girls moral by not working all the girls into the playing rotation in years past. So here is a parent of a 9th grader who was called up screaming go to goal every time his little Shannon touches the ball. Tough to watch and tough to share a sideline with people that don't realize its a team game, INCLUDING THE COACHES!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches are still watching 9th and 10th graders. Coaches are letting Club Directors know who they like. The coaches are not waiting until the girls are in the 11th grade (that would mean summer before 12th grade... very little if any recruiting at HS games).

The Top Programs will make their offers in September to the top prospects. After the top players commit coaches go down their list and move on to the next tier players. The process continues until spots are filled. There are always exceptions but for the most part the majority of evaluating is done before the players play their 11th grade season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

doubt that highly but keep dreaming

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you "doubt that highly"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they're upset that lil Sally is not recruited yet and is mad that the coaches are now looking for the next best thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it's a direct violation of NCAA rules to be evaluating in January. Are you not familiar with the recruiting calendar? Again, this is why UA150 and Nike 120 moved from winter to summer. Coaches aren't allowed to watch anymore. Coaches weren't on the sidelines taking notes at Spooky Nook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it's a direct violation of NCAA rules to be evaluating in January. Are you not familiar with the recruiting calendar? Again, this is why UA150 and Nike 120 moved from winter to summer. Coaches aren't allowed to watch anymore. Coaches weren't on the sidelines taking notes at Spooky Nook.

I guess the people I saw with clipboards and college logos on there clothes were just pretending to be coaches. Also a coincidence that they strongly resembled the coaches from the coaches from the schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out nypost dot com. I'm sure this happens in lax as well.

TV actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are among dozens of people charged with paying bribes to get their kids into top universities in a widespread college admissions scam, according to reports Tuesday.

Loughlin, meanwhile, and her husband “agreed to pay bribes totaling $500,000 in exchange for having their two daughters designated as recruits to the USC crew team — despite the fact that they did not participate in crew — thereby facilitating their admission to USC,” court documents said.

Also charged is former Yale University women’s soccer coach Rudolph “Rudy” Meredith, who is accused of accepting payments from parents of college applicants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i think maybe its you who is unfamiliar with the calendar.
The current NCAA Division I Women’s Lacrosse recruiting calendar runs August 1st, 2018 through July 31st, 2019.

08-01-18 thru 08-14-18 Dead Period
08-15-18 thru 08-31-18 Quiet Period
09-01-18 thru 11-30-18 Contact Period *with the following exceptions (1-3)
(1) 11-12-18 thru 11-15-18 (1) *Dead Period
(2) Nov. 2-4, 9-11, 16-18 (2) *Evaluation Period
(3) 11-21-18 thru 11-23-18 (3) *Dead Period
12-01-18 thru 12-30-18 Contact Period *with the following exception (1)
(1) 12-24-18 thru 12-26-18 (1) *Dead Period
12-31-18 thru 01-02-19 Dead Period
01-03-19 thru 05-23-19 Contact Period
05-24-19 thru 05-26-19 Dead Period *with the following exception (1)
(1) Coaches can conduct evaluations during the NCAA Division 1 Championship. It is limited to one event for the coach, and the event has to take place within a 100-mile radius.
05-27-19 thru 06-06-19 Contact Period
06-07-19 thru 07-31-19 Evaluation Period *with the following exception (1)
(1) 07-03-19 thru 07-05-19 (1) *Dead Period

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The current NCAA Division I Women’s Lacrosse recruiting calendar runs August 1st, 2018 through July 31st, 2019.

(1) Coaches can conduct evaluations during the NCAA Division 1 Championship. It is limited to one event for the coach, and the event has to take place within a 100-mile radius.

Thanks for making my point. Spooky Nook is during a Contact Period. No evaluations are allowed during a contact period unless it is a regularly scheduled high school game or is being held at the school of the athlete they are evaluating. So I guess you are familiar with the recruiting calendar. You just don't know the difference between a contact period and an evaluation period.

Again, this is the exact reason UA150 and Nike 120 moved to summer. No college coaches were allowed to attend once they changed the calendar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for making my point. Spooky Nook is during a Contact Period. No evaluations are allowed during a contact period unless it is a regularly scheduled high school game or is being held at the school of the athlete they are evaluating. So I guess you are familiar with the recruiting calendar. You just don't know the difference between a contact period and an evaluation period.

Again, this is the exact reason UA150 and Nike 120 moved to summer. No college coaches were allowed to attend once they changed the calendar.

Wrong again .You are completely clueless . The following is directly from the NCAA ,try reading it sometime
What is a contact period?
During a contact period a college coach may have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, watch student-athletes compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting Calendars
NCAA member schools have adopted rules to create an equitable recruiting environment that promotes student-athlete well-being. The rules define who may be involved in the recruiting process, when recruiting may occur and the conditions under which recruiting may be conducted. Recruiting rules seek, as much as possible, to control intrusions into the lives of student-athletes.

The NCAA defines recruiting as “any solicitation of prospective student-athletes or their parents by an institutional staff member or by a representative of the institution’s athletics interests for the purpose of securing a prospective student-athlete’s enrollment and ultimate participation in the institution’s intercollegiate athletics program.”

Frequently Asked Questions
What is a contact?
A contact occurs any time a college coach says more than hello during a face-to-face contact with a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents off the college’s campus.

What is a contact period?
During a contact period a college coach may have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, watch student-athletes compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents.

What is an evaluation period?
During an evaluation period a college coach may watch college-bound student-athletes compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents off the college’s campus during an evaluation period.

What is a quiet period?
During a quiet period, a college coach may only have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents on the college’s campus. A coach may not watch student-athletes compete (unless a competition occurs on the college’s campus) or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.

What is a dead period?
During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all are hilarious. Those are general terms. Look at the Womens Recruiting Calendar. It specifically says the following for Contact Periods: "Refer to Bylaw 13.1.7.3.1 regarding evaluations during a contact period". Women's lacrosse adopted specific rules around this in 2016

13.1.7.3.1 Evaluations During Contact Periods -- Women's Lacrosse. Evaluations of live athletics activities during a contact period shall be limited to: [D] (Adopted: 4/8/16 effective 9/1/16)

(a) Regularly scheduled high school, preparatory school and two-year college contests/tournaments and practices; and

(b) Regular scholastic activities involving prospective student-athletes enrolled only at the institution where the regular scholastic activities occur.

Again, if coaches were watching games at Spooky Nook it is a direct violation of NCAA rules. And again, this change was made in April of 2016 and is the exact reason the 2017 UA 150 and 2017 Nike 120 moved to summer and are there still. COLLEGE COACHES CAN"T WATCH GIRLS PLAY IN JANUARY!!!!

Coaches can watch PSA's compete, but only at regularly scheduled HS games or on a HS campus which is what I said previously. Keep arguing all you want. You're still wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out nypost dot com. I'm sure this happens in lax as well.

TV actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are among dozens of people charged with paying bribes to get their kids into top universities in a widespread college admissions scam, according to reports Tuesday.

Loughlin, meanwhile, and her husband “agreed to pay bribes totaling $500,000 in exchange for having their two daughters designated as recruits to the USC crew team — despite the fact that they did not participate in crew — thereby facilitating their admission to USC,” court documents said.

Also charged is former Yale University women’s soccer coach Rudolph “Rudy” Meredith, who is accused of accepting payments from parents of college applicants.

It happens all the time. I remember a couple of years ago a bunch of kids from LI were caught in a cheating scandal on the SAT. Its always interesting when average students or below average students get over a 1400 on SAT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about recruiting calendars or cheating scandals or all this back and forth 'you're wrong, no you're wrong'. it's lax season. there are games starting this week. go out and enjoy watching your daughters leave it all on the field. good luck to all. just sit back and enjoy and the chips fall where they may.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmages start today!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is happening at St Anthony’s? Am I correct to assume they will take no action to stop the discriminatory actions of the lacrosse coach. What I am hearing is concerning and sad and needs to be looked into. SAD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about recruiting calendars or cheating scandals or all this back and forth 'you're wrong, no you're wrong'. it's lax season. there are games starting this week. go out and enjoy watching your daughters leave it all on the field. good luck to all. just sit back and enjoy and the chips fall where they may.

Thanks. Maybe you can list the acceptable topics for this forum so we don't bore you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Law4you
What is happening at St Anthony’s? Am I correct to assume they will take no action to stop the discriminatory actions of the lacrosse coach. What I am hearing is concerning and sad and needs to be looked into. SAD

Are you kidding me. St.A’s is one of the least diverse programs here on LI. There has never been a minority on that team and never will be. They will just sweep it under rug as they always do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "school" is a joke...

Like Reply Quote
Page 126 of 214 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 213 214
Quick Reply